You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

doesn't even make the bench today, after a decent start he has barely played recently, 4 minutes in the last month
He must be injured
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 2:35am
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

doesn't even make the bench today, after a decent start he has barely played recently, 4 minutes in the last month
He must be injured

dont think he is.. was on bench last game and team news on bournemouth website morning of match said no injury concerns..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 8:17am
He's done lads, beyond occasional cameos off the bench for club and country. 

Although, as his record of five competitive international goals in 14 years shows, he was never as good as he was made out to be anyway.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:58am

He must be injured

dont think he is.. was on bench last game and team news on bournemouth website morning of match said no injury concerns..
Maybe he was injured and they weren't too concerned?
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I appreciate that on occasion loan moves don't work out, but I can't for the life of me understand why Long has dropped down a league to sit on another bench...

Because Bournemouth is very close to Southampton and he's settled in the area.

Maybe a move to Portsmouth for next season.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 7:28pm

He must be injured

Was injured and remains a doubtful for tomorrow.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19239402.long-face-late-fitness-test-ahead-norwich-battle/
“We did let Mr. Felder sing it, he sang it dozens of times over the span of a week over and over again. It simply didn’t come up to band standards.”

Don Henley
amccarten313 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He must be injured

Was injured and remains a doubtful for tomorrow.

I stand corrected. Hope he can return from the injury and make an impact in the playoffs
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 9:25am
4th most premier league substitute appearances I just saw on match of the day stat. 148 appearances as sub.
Milner, crouch, defoe others I remember from list
Sinne Fianna Fil at f gheall ag irinn.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by MacMathuna MacMathuna wrote:

4th most premier league substitute appearances I just saw on match of the day stat. 148 appearances as sub.
Milner, crouch, defoe others I remember from list

I've always maintained that that distorts his goalscoring figures.
“We did let Mr. Felder sing it, he sang it dozens of times over the span of a week over and over again. It simply didn’t come up to band standards.”

Don Henley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300
  Share Topic