You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Celtic have just won 17 out of the last 17 trophies.

They don't need a rebuild. 

There was clearly issues at the club with Lennon etc... but he's gone now and they just need a competent manager.

I would highly doubt that Duffy will be there next season anyway.

It’s a remarkable run, but they probably became lulled into a false sense of progress. The fact that they’ve never impressed in Europe should probably have been taken as an indicator that they needed to do better. Some of their transfer decisions have been appalling and the pathway for kids is not good.

I’m more interested in Scottish clubs with more Irish players, even though I always want to see Celtic beat Rangers
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:13pm
They absolutely do need a rebuild, from the youth setup right up to the Chief Exec. Most Celtic fans acknowledge this. Obviously that has already started with Lawwell and Lennon going but the winning of 17 or whatever number of trophies has actually created the complacency that has led to the disaster that has been the current season. 

Their best young players keep leaving and the ones that stay don't get a fair chance. The signs have all been there - going from making the Champions League knockouts, to going out in the groups, to not even making the groups the last few seasons. This year it has caught up with them at domestic level as well.

Obviously Lennon was a disaster, but that he was even hired in the first place after being let go by Hibs is indicative of the problems there. Just changing the manager might give them a short term lift but they're going nowhere longer term without a proper rebuild of the club.

Edited by You Tell Me - 24 Feb 2021 at 12:14pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:15pm

They don't need a rebuild

There was clearly issues at the club with Lennon etc... but he's gone now and they just need a competent manager.

Absolutely crazy post to make. Bragging about winning trophies when Rangers aren't in contention is very much like going on a bike race when you're the only entrant and telling everyone at the end that you came 1st.

And they're absolutely in need of a rebuild, getting battered of Slavia Prague's reserve team and some auld team who was relevant 40 years ago in the Hungarian league are pretty big hint's that the team is in need of a massive rebuild LOL

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

They absolutely do need a rebuild, from the youth setup right up to the Chief Exec. Most Celtic fans acknowledge this. Obviously that has already started with Lawwell and Lennon going but the winning of 17 or whatever number of trophies has actually created the complacency that has led to the disaster that has been the current season. 

Their best young players keep leaving and the ones that stay don't get a fair chance. The signs have all been there - going from making the Champions League knockouts, to going out in the groups, to not even making the groups the last few seasons. This year it has caught up with them at domestic level as well.

Obviously Lennon was a disaster, but that he was even hired in the first place after being let go by Hibs is indicative of the problems there. Just changing the manager might give them a short term lift but they're going nowhere longer term without a proper rebuild of the club.

Who like?
Not disagreeing, just curious and can't think of many off the top of my head
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:21pm
Aul Shane loves the smut

Sure he not go out with Jordan for ages
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Who like?
Not disagreeing, just curious and can't think of many off the top of my head

Probably their two most highly rated young talents in recent years, Liam Morrison and Barry Hepburn, both left for Bayern Munich. Cameron Harper, Karamoko Dembele and Armstrong Oko-Flex, who all played for the first team after the Dubai Covid thing, are likely to be leaving this summer against the clubs wishes.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

They don't need a rebuild

Absolutely crazy post to make. Bragging about winning trophies when Rangers aren't in contention is very much like going on a bike race when you're the only entrant and telling everyone at the end that you came 1st.

And they're absolutely in need of a rebuild, getting battered of Slavia Prague's reserve team and some auld team who was relevant 40 years ago in the Hungarian league are pretty big hint's that the team is in need of a massive rebuild LOL

12 of those trophies were won with Rangers were in the SPL.

They beat Lazio twice last season who played Bayern Munich last night in the CL last 16. They also topped the group with the same players as they have now.

I don't get how after 1 poor season they need a complete rebuild.

That's just my opinion.

Edited by horsebox - 24 Feb 2021 at 1:02pm

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 2:41pm
They need a top class manager and a rebuild of course. Eddy and the likes aren't going to there next season and Rangers will strengthen their squad. Hiring Lennon was a disgrace of a decision, apart from last season, Lennon hasnt won the league without Gers having a point deduction or not even being in the league. 

Celtic need a substantial rebuild in order to compete with Rangers next year starting with a top class manager.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 2:14pm
Anthony Joseph
@AnthonyRJoseph
Instagram have told @SkySportsNews they will take no action against a user who sent Celtic defender Shane Duffy sectarian abuse and mocked his father’s death.

They believe the abuse was an isolated incident because the user deleted the messages and apologised.
10:24 AM · Mar 3, 2021
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 2:40pm
Christ. Instagram has now been overrun by Rangers Lizards 
It would damage this forums' reputation
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Anthony Joseph
@AnthonyRJoseph
Instagram have told @SkySportsNews they will take no action against a user who sent Celtic defender Shane Duffy sectarian abuse and mocked his father’s death.

They believe the abuse was an isolated incident because the user deleted the messages and apologised.
10:24 AM · Mar 3, 2021

Serious question: would an apology have been enough if a player had been racially abused?

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129
  Share Topic