Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Shane Duffy
Posted By: Jokerman
Subject: Shane Duffy
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:32pm

Moyes hints at Shane Duffy loan move

3 November 2010  Written by Ronan

http://greenscene.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/shaneduffy2.jpg">

After previously deciding not to send 18 year old Irish defender Shane Duffy out on loan, Everton manager David Moyes has indicated a change of heart, in order for the youngster to get more first team experience and develop as a player.

Two weeks ago, Moyes had turned down a loan move from nPower League Two side Northampton Town for the player, but is hoping a team from a higher division will come in for the player. “I’d like to put Shane out on loan,” Moyes told the Liverpool Echo. Duffy made his return to the Everton squad two weeks ago following his freak injury during training with the Republic of Ireland senior side in May. “We’ve been keeping an eye on him at first  and keeping him indoors. He’s very good in the air though, and could have come on against Crouch. If we find the right club he could go on loan.”

Duffy is a former Northern Ireland youth international, playing 3 games for the under-21s and one match with the Northern Ireland B squad. However, when he converted to the Republic of Ireland in February, he faced strong criticism from the IFA and the Northern Irish manager Nigel Worthington. “Shane has represented Northern Ireland at every age group right up until seniors,” said Worthington. “He went to Italy with the squad last year and was the only one to miss out on a cap. Sadly we received a letter from Everton on behalf of Shane Duffy stating that he no longer wants to represent Northern Ireland; he wants to represent the Republic.

“From my point of view it is disappointing because Shane is going to be a very, very, very good player and he is going to be a big loss to us. As I put him in the squad word came back that he doesn’t want to represent Northern Ireland. He has clearly stated that he has made his decision with his family that he wants to represent the Republic of Ireland.”

Duffy’s conversion came in part because of the intervention of former Ireland assistant manager Liam Brady. “Liam Brady phoned me a few weeks ago and spoke to me about my international future,” Duffy said in February after his switch, “We had a chat. I thought about it and spoke to a few people before making my decision. It’s crazy to think that someone like Liam Brady would phone me to speak to me and obviously it means a lot to me. I can’t wait to get involved now because it is a dream to play for the Republic of Ireland.”

“Everyone in my family is Irish and so am I. We are just living in Northern Ireland. I have always wanted to play for the Republic. I grew up supporting Ireland and so did everybody around me.”

If not for his injury in May, Duffy may have already represented the Irish senior team, but just last month he played for the Republic of Ireland under-19s in their http://greenscene.me/2010/10/live-commentary-ireland-u19-v-serbia-u19/ - Euro 2011 Qualifying Campaign .

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Replies:
Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 2:41pm
Liverpool might be interested in him

Posted By: ericdogg
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:13am
will be a great player in the future

-------------
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1

Posted By: sheaoccfc
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by ericdogg ericdogg wrote:

will be a great player in the future

He showen he has the potential to be .

-------------
City till i die !!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Predator
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 6:58am
When you see Greg Cunningham at Leicester and Conor Clifford at Plymouth, and with Everton having a full squad again you'd think that Duffy has to go on loan. Hopefully he'll get a Championship club.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:14am

IRELAND hopeful Shane Duffy could be in line for a loan move to Championship side Preston as Everton boss David Moyes wants the defender to get first team games -- and that could see Derry lad Duffy form a partnership with Ireland star Sean St Ledger.

Duffy has played a number of reserve team games for Everton this season following his recovery from a serious injury which he sustained in a training game with the Irish squad last May.

And there was a boost for Duffy when he made the bench for Everton's Premier League game with Tottenham two weeks ago, though he has failed to make the match-day squad for the two games since then.

LOAN

Moyes wants Duffy -- who played twice for Everton in the Europa League last season -- to get game time and that could see him move on loan to Preston.

Their manager, Darren Ferguson, is a long-time admirer of Duffy and he is due to watch the 18-year-old in action for the Toffees reserves against Arsenal tonight before making his mind up on a loan offer.

Duffy is keen to get his club career moving following his recovery from that horrific training ground injury with Ireland last season which almost cost the youngster his life after he damaged his liver in a collision with goalkeeper Adrian Walsh.

Last month Duffy made progress on the international front when he played for the Ireland U19s in their European Championship qualifiers, his first time to officially play for the Republic since his decision to 'defect' from Northern Ireland.

-------------
"I will just say one thing: players born in a country should play for their own country." Gaetano D'Agostino

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:21am
Great stuff. Be great for him to be getting a game in the championshiop, especially if it's beside St. Ledger

Posted By: Belfast Green
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:35am
The reserve game was earlier, not tonight.

Finished 3-1 to Arsenal

-------------
http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - http://oneteaminireland.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 11:47am
I think it was actually 4-1 to Arsenal.

In addition to the revelation of a potential loan move to Preston, some of you might be interested to hear that Alan Stubbs included Duffy, along with José Baxter and Ross Barkley, as one to look out for next season at Everton. He noted that Duffy is beginning to return to form after the operation. Stubbs was answering questions from fans on Everton's official webchat. 

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 11:54am
cheers , hopefully he goes to PNE and learns from the sledge

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 12:40pm
would be a good move for him

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:30am

Shane Duffy’s Barnsley loan move falls through

26 November 2010  Written by Ronan

Everton and Republic of Ireland youth defender Shane Duffy’s proposed emergency loan move to Barnsley has collapsed after his parent club could not agree terms with Barnsley.

http://greenscene.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/shaneduffyevertontraining.jpg">

Mark Robins had hoped to sign the 18 year old centre back for Championship side Barnsley, and Duffy himself had expected the move to go through before tomorrow’s games. Robins had watched Duffy in action for Everton reserves against Liverpool reserves, and was impressed enough to make an offer for the player.

Duffy’s father, Brian Duffy spoke to the Derry Journal about the breakdown of the loan move. “After David Moyes rang Shane on Wednesday morning last to say that Mark Robins wanted to take him on a month’s loan, Shane was thrilled because at this stage of his football career he has got to play more first team games at a higher level than he is with Everton Reserves,” said Duffy senior. “Unfortunately this morning [yesterday morning] Shane got word that Everton and Barnsley couldn’t agree terms and the deal had fallen through. David Moyes has turned down approaches for him from Northampton twice already, but we’ve been told that Leeds are still keen on signing him on loan, as are Southampton.”

With the loan window now closed, Duffy will have to wait until January for a loan to get first team experience. “It’s probably not that bad when we think of what he has gone through this year,”said Brian Duffy, optimistic that his son will find a team when the window reopens. “It just wasn’t meant to be but we’re confident the right club will come in for him sooner rather than later.”

Courtesy of GreenScene

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2010 at 8:42am
On the bench for Everton today.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: R-Martinez
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 6:12pm
Everton don't have the biggest squad. Maybe Moyes may of changed his mind and wants to keep him around.

-------------
"Lennox says he's a conqueror? No. I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander" Mike Tyson

Posted By: Emerald
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:38pm
Duffy Joins Burnley On Loan

Everton defender Shane Duffy has joined Championship promotion hopefuls Burnley on a 28-day emergency loan deal.

Duffy, who is currently away on international duty with the Republic of Ireland Under-21s, will link up with the Clarets on his return from Portugal.

The 19-year-old centre half, who has been an unused substitute for David Moyes' side eight times this season, could make his debut against Ipswich Town at Turfmoor on April 2.

The move is Duffy's first loan move. The Irishman has made two appearances for the Everton senior side, making his debut against AEK Athens in 2009.

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 1:48pm
Good loan move for him. Burnley just outside the playoffs.

-------------
The only way is up

Posted By: MacMathuna
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 4:28pm
duffy tweet ''loan move should be sorted in the morning looking forward to it''

-------------
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 12:47pm
He is gone on loan to S****horpe .

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:19pm
Scounthorpe is league one,that's not great really is it.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Scounthorpe is league one,that's not great really is it.

not great was hoping he would get a good championship team.its only a 1 month loan to start.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
League 1 is a step up from reserve football, at least.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:04pm
Word on the street it was meant to be Ipswich.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: MintBerryCrunch
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:14pm
only one month loan deal

he just tweeted it might be extended till January 

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 3:05pm
Good that he'll be getting much needed 1st team action but scounthorpe are in a bit of a mess at the moment and he'll be under serious pressure in that defence especially next saturday Wink

-------------

Posted By: MacMathuna
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 3:11pm
Possibility of an extension til january

-------------
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 4:06pm
I suppose S****hope is a step up from Everton..

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: trapforpresident
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
hope everything works out well for him ,trap was obviously watching him at the time of his injury for inclusion in euro2012 squads but hopefully brazil 2014 is still relisctic for him now. 

Posted By: Sloop John G
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:16pm

Duffy sticking by Republic call

By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Everton defender Shane Duffy insists there's no way he'll turn his back on the Republic of Ireland to throw in his lot with Northern Ireland.

The Derry native is having a busy week as he started in central defence for David Moyes' side in Monday's friendly against Bohemians in Dublin and then lined out for the Toffees reserves against West Brom yesterday.

Duffy hopes to seal a loan deal later this week so he can gain first team football.

He will be back in the Republic next month, for the opening game of the U21 European Championship qualifying campaign for Noel King's side, and the 19-year-old says there's no doubt about his international allegiance.

Recently the IFA have recruited former Northern Ireland star, Gerry Armstrong, to try and stem the tide of Northern-born players defecting to the Republic, an issue even more relevant given the recent decision of Sunderland's new signing, Derry man James McClean, to turn down a place in Northern Ireland’s squad and try his luck with the Republic.

But Duffy says any contact from Armstrong in his direction will be a wasted effort.

“People have their opinions but I have made my decision about who I want to play international football for and there's no doubt in my mind, not for one second,” says Duffy, who automatically qualifies for the Republic as his dad, Brian, is from Donegal.

“I don't want to upset people but I just want to play and so does James McClean.

“There's no point in the IFA trying to get me back, playing for the Republic is a decision I wanted to make since I was a kid. I've made that decision now and I'm delighted with it.

“I know there's even more debate about players switching from the North to the Republic since James said he wanted to play for the Republic.

“I know James and I'm delighted for him with the move to Sunderland and his decision to go with the Republic, hopefully he can get into the Sunderland team and then go on with the Republic's senior squad.”

Duffy, who has made two first-team appearances for Everton, showed what he can do in Monday's friendly against Bohemians but he accepts that he needs to go out on loan to get games.

“There are a few clubs interested at the moment so it's down to the manager and what he wants me to do but it looks like I'll be heading out on loan,” he added.

Belfast Telegraph

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

Duffy sticking by Republic call

By Aidan Fitzmaurice

Everton defender Shane Duffy insists there's no way he'll turn his back on the Republic of Ireland to throw in his lot with Northern Ireland.

The Derry native is having a busy week as he started in central defence for David Moyes' side in Monday's friendly against Bohemians in Dublin and then lined out for the Toffees reserves against West Brom yesterday.

Duffy hopes to seal a loan deal later this week so he can gain first team football.

He will be back in the Republic next month, for the opening game of the U21 European Championship qualifying campaign for Noel King's side, and the 19-year-old says there's no doubt about his international allegiance.

Recently the IFA have recruited former Northern Ireland star, Gerry Armstrong, to try and stem the tide of Northern-born players defecting to the Republic, an issue even more relevant given the recent decision of Sunderland's new signing, Derry man James McClean, to turn down a place in Northern Ireland’s squad and try his luck with the Republic.

But Duffy says any contact from Armstrong in his direction will be a wasted effort.

“People have their opinions but I have made my decision about who I want to play international football for and there's no doubt in my mind, not for one second,” says Duffy, who automatically qualifies for the Republic as his dad, Brian, is from Donegal.

“I don't want to upset people but I just want to play and so does James McClean.

“There's no point in the IFA trying to get me back, playing for the Republic is a decision I wanted to make since I was a kid. I've made that decision now and I'm delighted with it.

“I know there's even more debate about players switching from the North to the Republic since James said he wanted to play for the Republic.

“I know James and I'm delighted for him with the move to Sunderland and his decision to go with the Republic, hopefully he can get into the Sunderland team and then go on with the Republic's senior squad.”

Duffy, who has made two first-team appearances for Everton, showed what he can do in Monday's friendly against Bohemians but he accepts that he needs to go out on loan to get games.

“There are a few clubs interested at the moment so it's down to the manager and what he wants me to do but it looks like I'll be heading out on loan,” he added.

Belfast Telegraph
He is dead right, my only issue is he should be starting tonight

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 2:36pm
Any of you Toffeemen or anyone else able to let us know how Shane is doing at scunny?

Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:21pm

by all accounts hes been doing brilliantly this seasonClap, one of their star man.

Whether that means hell return to everton and get game time remains to be seen

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

by all accounts hes been doing brilliantly this seasonClap, one of their star man.

Whether that means hell return to everton and get game time remains to be seen
Good stuff, heard his name mentioned earlier on radio sheffield(was listening to the blades game online) so had a check around some s****horpe fans sites but couldnt see much about him.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 3:22pm
Shane Duffy back at Everton this week and back on the Everton bench for today.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:42pm
Came on for his debut for the last 30 mins against spurs tonight and did very well.

With Jagielka and distin both injured and everton having no money looks like shane could have a few games coming up

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:48pm
Was a mixed bag from him really made some good blocks and interceptions but not sure about his positioning which is expected since its his first time playing with Heitinga.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Came on for his debut for the last 30 mins against spurs tonight and did very well.

With Jagielka and distin both injured and everton having no money looks like shane could have a few games coming up
It's his Premier League debut, but he made his debut for Everton in a Europa League game in December 2009 against AEK Athens

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:57pm
ya i know

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:01pm
Done well when he came. Was very busy and let nobody down. One for the future.

Posted By: trapforpresident
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:07pm
Going from league 1 to prem is a big step hope he get a good start ,deserves a break .

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:10pm
Great to see him playing in the epl instead of the level of team he was playing with in league 1(though he did plenty of defending when there)

As has been said hope he gets a run now to show what he can do

Posted By: ilovetrap
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:41pm
another good young lad who should be ahead of mcshane in the pecking order without doubt

-------------
I ARE GIMP

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 8:25am
Do you ever post anything constructive on here you utter muppet?

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:42am

Yeah good chance for him now with the injuries everton have. Might get himself on the plane just yet!

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 10:51am
great to hear Shane Duffy got a run last, never knew about his debut europa game in 2009. Hope he gets afew games, with all the injuries I say he will,I hope Moyes puts a bit of fate in him instead of buying or loaning another defender but he has feck all money .Moyes is good at giving young players a go in his teams though so hopefully

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:38pm
Duffy is a certain starter for Everton tomorrow, there could be a few Irish on show.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 2:23pm
Duffy starts today

-------------

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:05pm
I watched the match and I honestly though Duffy was Everton's best defender. 

He cleared almost everything. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:07pm
I watched the first half of this game and he looked solid, Gibson wasn't too bad either

-------------

Posted By: bann the tolls
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:16pm
Done well today didn't look out of his depth Clap

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 11:13am
he got Kamaras seal of approval

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:25pm
Watch the game thought he done well and is defo up to the required standard if everton or any club give him a chance.Little raw maybe(caught a small bit for goal) but could be a big player in the future for everton and ireland

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:50pm
Had a good game,little unlucky with the header that the goal came from but that part of his game will improve with experience.Hopefully he gets a run of games now.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 2:02pm
He was in postion get the 1st ball which lead to their goal which is the main thing, another day it would have dropped to one of his team mates.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 2:41pm
Duffy was not at fault for the goal. Both Heitinga and Fellaini failed to deal with the initial ball.

-------------
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Posted By: TheMightyQuinn
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 3:47pm
paul mcshane was world class in his epl debut when sunderland played united...
good to see him do well but there is still a long way to go.

I find defenders are always the hardest to rate... so much of their job is position and experience based. one week your paul mcgrath...the next your pual mcshane.

-------------
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

paul mcshane was world class in his epl debut when sunderland played united...
good to see him do well but there is still a long way to go.

I find defenders are always the hardest to rate... so much of their job is position and experience based. one week your paul mcgrath...the next your pual mcshane.
his EPL debut was against Tottenham, Sunderland won 1-0

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 3:55pm
Well, Duffy has dealt well with two of the strongest attacking forces in the EPL thus far, as well as being S****horpe's standout defender during his loan spell. He is a leader, an organiser. If you can get your hands on the full game against Villa yesterday you'll see that his positioning was near impeccable, but he had that awareness even when he was 17 when he played in the Europa League.

He's made a good start and his quality is there for all to see. Those who have been watching him for longer than just one game are aware of his capability.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 4:44pm
Good to hear Duffy played well yesterday, only saw the highlights and could make out from it if he had a good game or not from them.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:16am
Looking highly likely duffy is starting again for everton v Blackburn according to the team news

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Looking highly likely duffy is starting again for everton v Blackburn according to the team news
starts today again good to see the young lad get his chance

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 3:05pm
He is really starting to make a name for himself great to see him playing again today Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 3:27pm
great to see him get another start,hopefully he puts in a good performance.

Posted By: trapscat
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

great to see him get another start,hopefully he puts in a good performance.
good to see 20 irish lads start today and the young lads like clark,duffy,gibson,wilson and mclane

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:33pm
Another excellent performance today. Man of the Match according to many Everton forums.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

Another excellent performance today. Man of the Match according to many Everton forums.

His confidence must be brimming , some turnaround from playing on loan at Scunny to Everton's first 11 in the space of a few weeks Clap

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: Jerryfromkerry
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:45pm
He hit the post with a header. Still so young. Very excited about this lad. How did Gibson get on

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:51pm
“ http://www.evertonfc.com/player-profile/shane-duffy" rel="nofollow - Shane Duffy had a terrific game. He was arguably our best player today and he’s a young boy; we just needed a lot more in every department.” - David Moyes

Gibson was ok I thought. He put in a number of decent tackles.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:03pm
Plenty of good words from Moyes in his post match comments.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:20pm
great to hear.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:47pm
Duffy is really giving something for moyes to think about when his injured players come back they must be really looking over their shoulders.That loan spell must have done him the world of good in getting his fitness & experiance up.

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:50pm
It will be terrific when Coleman gets back from injury and to see 3 Ulster lads do the business for Everton and Ireland. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:24pm

If Richard decides to call it a day after the Euro's their no reason Duffy can easily fill into that role.

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:29pm
We are looking really good for CBs for afew years, Wilson, Duffy & keep hearing good things about that John Egan lad.O'Dea in fairness hasn't let us down when he's been called upon.There are always surprises along the way too

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:46pm

We are looking really good for CBs for afew years, Wilson, Duffy & keep hearing good things about that John Egan lad.O'Dea in fairness hasn't let us down when he's been called upon.There are always surprises along the way too

Dont forget Clark,a regular with Villa and centre back is supposed to be his best position.Good to see a few look lads making the breakthrough.

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:47pm
Some turn around for him since that day in Gannon Park

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:56pm
Big praise from Moyes who knows a thing or two about centre backs.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 7:57pm

Dont forget Clark,a regular with Villa and centre back is supposed to be his best position.Good to see a few look lads making the breakthrough.

Cheers rossieman I knew I was forgeting somebody, there propably more I'm forgeting too

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:01pm

Cheers rossieman I knew I was forgeting somebody, there propably more I'm forgeting too

O'Brien from Derby was having a very good season before his injury.hopefully all these lads keep improving and we are well covered for the future.

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by bann the tolls bann the tolls wrote:

What about Per KroldrupConfused

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Weecounty Weecounty wrote:

Originally posted by bann the tolls bann the tolls wrote:

What about Per KroldrupConfused
1 player in ten years at the club? played him for 1 game and got rid so i'll stand by what I said. Some people can't help themselves trolling even on the republic section, the young lad done well and he's Irish! leave you club baggage at the door and give credit were due.

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 2:10am
Excellent today - MOM. Clap Unlucky not to score as well when his header hit the bar. 

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:25pm
Is the everton fulham game on tv wouldnt mind getting a luck at duffy in a live game

-------------
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Is the everton fulham game on tv wouldnt mind getting a luck at duffy in a live game
Setanta 745pm

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:16pm
Its not listed on Setanta

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:23pm
Another very good display from Shane tonight. Looked solid all game.

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:47pm
He is so dominant in the air.

Posted By: eam77
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:09am
watched it online, very impressed with shane duffy. he dominated at the back and was unlucky to have a shot headed off the line. very decent prospect. just hope moyes sticks with him

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:17am
Another good performance in a big game for Everton , if he can stay in the Everton team from now until the end of the season who know's he could be fast tracked into the Ireland set up for the WC 2014 qualifiers! 

Early day's in his career but he's taking his chance at club level now and its great to see Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 9:54am
He has'nt a hope of getting into that plane.
The chap is 20 years of age who has only played about 3 games at EPL level.

We have plenty of cover for centre half. Dunne, O'Shea, O'Dea and Sledge.
Also hoping to make the plane will be Ciaran Clark and Marc Wilson another 2 players who have experience of playing at centre half.

If he keeps playing and keep developing his game he may get a squad place for the WC qualifiers.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:26am
You underestimate his quality. Sometimes higher quality trumps lesser quality coupled with experience.

When he was in the training camp squad he started at CB alongside O'Dea and he was by far the stand out performer until injury struck.

In terms of quality at CB, I rate him higher than O'Dea, Wilson and St Ledger, at least. Experience is all that goes against him, but how does one gain that?

This season, at 20, he was the mainstay in Scun thorpe's defence and since returning to Everton, he has played well alongside a World Cup finalist, at some stages even looking like the senior partner with the amount of organising he does.

He has plenty of time on his side.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:33am
I was at that match, and no he wasn't the stand-out performer actually.
He was also playing CM and not LB as you say.

He's too young and he's too inexperienced and he has plenty of time on his side.

Trap will not pick him due to the reasons above and also he has not really been involved in the senior side.

Trap already knows his 23.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:35am
The lad  has real talent there no doubt about that and trap is a fan.Hopefully now he will remain injury free and Moyes keep faith with him.If he could get that bit of luck that is needed to make it at the top level Duffy could be a huge player for ireland and everton for years to come.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's too young and he's too inexperienced and he has plenty of time on his side.

Trap will not pick him due to the reasons above and also he has not really been involved in the senior side.

Opinions. Smile
CM? LB? You must have been at a different couple of games. He was at CB. With O'Dea. McShane at RB and Greg Cunningham at LB.  And he was 18 at that stage.

When he was 17, he already had 2 European games under his belt, as well as 3 U21 caps for Northern Ireland. Trap included him in a training camp at 18 with little experience.

He is 20 now, in a much better position than he was then, with more experience. He has 6 U21 caps 1 goal. 19 games for S****horpe, 1 goal. 1 game for Burnley and 4 games for Everton. That's not a career of experience, granted, but who said you needed a specified amount?

This mantra of being too young and inexperienced to be selected doesn't always hold water.

I think the chances of him making the Euros squad are slim, but stranger things have happened.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:10am

Opinions. Smile
CM? LB? You must have been at a different couple of games. He was at CB. With O'Dea. McShane at RB and Greg Cunningham at LB.  And he was 18 at that stage.

When he was 17, he already had 2 European games under his belt, as well as 3 U21 caps for Northern Ireland. Trap included him in a training camp at 18 with little experience.

He is 20 now, in a much better position than he was then, with more experience. He has 6 U21 caps 1 goal. 19 games for S****horpe, 1 goal. 1 game for Burnley and 4 games for Everton. That's not a career of experience, granted, but who said you needed a specified amount?

This mantra of being too young and inexperienced to be selected doesn't always hold water.

I think the chances of him making the Euros squad are slim, but stranger things have happened.

Great prospect but Trap already has his centre backs. He won't trust anyone other than Dunne, Sledge, O'Dea, O'Shea or at worst Kelly.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:45pm

Opinions. Smile

The reality for Duffy is that there is not a fooking hope of making the plane. So you need to get a reality check and stop talking like there is.

I like Duffy as I believe that he has a very bright future ahead of him, but his time will come.
I would say there is at least 8 players ahead of him at the moment.

Trap is not going to pick him as he said himself that there will be little chance in the squad of 23.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:58pm

He has'nt a hope of getting into that plane.
The chap is 20 years of age who has only played about 3 games at EPL level.

We have plenty of cover for centre half. Dunne, O'Shea, O'Dea and Sledge.
Also hoping to make the plane will be Ciaran Clark and Marc Wilson another 2 players who have experience of playing at centre half.

If he keeps playing and keep developing his game he may get a squad place for the WC qualifiers.

What plane ?? No-one said anything about the Euros...

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Another good performance in a big game for Everton , if he can stay in the Everton team from now until the end of the season who know's he could be fast tracked into the Ireland set up for the WC 2014 qualifiers! 

Early day's in his career but he's taking his chance at club level now and its great to see Clap

Confused

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:10pm

The reality for Duffy is that there is not a fooking hope of making the plane. So you need to get a reality check and stop talking like there is.

I like Duffy as I believe that he has a very bright future ahead of him, but his time will come.
I would say there is at least 8 players ahead of him at the moment.

Trap is not going to pick him as he said himself that there will be little chance in the squad of 23.

Woah, hold on a minute. I need a reality check and I need to stop talking like there is a possibility? Perhaps you should stop to read what I've written.

Let's look at the actual reality: Duffy is a 20 year old Irish centre back who has been impressing in his baptism of fire at Everton. Prior to that he was S****horpe's best defender. He has an abundance of international experience, he has played in the Europa League. That is the reality.

Having seen quite a lot of him, I believe Duffy is already a quality player and that he is better than O'Dea, St Ledger and Wilson in the CB position.  Relative to those guys however, he lacks experience and hasn't worked with Trapattoni since May 2010 when he almost died on the pitch.

I merely don't like to rule out possibilities. Anything could happen. I have also acknowledged Trap's comments and think that it's unlikely that Duffy will be in the squad.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:24pm
The only possibility of Duffy making it to the Euro's if the following get injured.

Dunne
St ledger
O'Dea
O'Shea

McShane
Foley

Wilson
Clark

The lads above are all ahead of Duffy - this is the reality.

His time will come though.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:31pm

The only possibility of Duffy making it to the Euro's if the following get injured.

Dunne
St ledger
O'Dea
O'Shea

McShane
Foley

Wilson
Clark

The lads above are all ahead of Duffy - this is the reality.

His time will come though.

I'll try again...

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE EUROS ?? Confused

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:39pm
Why did he get called into the Everton first team, mores to the point who was/is injured. When are they due back?

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net