You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shamrock Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 374>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

So it’s okay for stewards to attack kids in the crowd? No doubt if this happened in Tallaght every obsessed fool here would be up in arms.
where did I say it was ok? You made a statement and failed in any way whatsoever to back it up in the slightest with anything. I’ve just seen a Dundalk fan mention a video of said incident. Lads coming on here (all clubs have them) claiming mad stuff was a regular feature last season, so back it up in future.

Edit: post up the video there Dudnalk...

Look for it yourself, it’s easily found 
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

You can't see a thing in that video 

You can see a steward on the pitch go for someone in the crowd 

Can you? Can see a steward jumping in is about it, maybe can see more on a laptop as opposed to phone. 
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:26pm
There is a barrier put up right behind the goal shed end which annoys the fans . Dont know why its there as there is never a problem . In fact the lads were having the crack with the Pats goalie Clark last night . But that barrier is a cause for trouble as it gets in the way and prone to cause an accident . Did not see any of this reported trouble myself . Hope all is ok . 
Im back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

So it’s okay for stewards to attack kids in the crowd? No doubt if this happened in Tallaght every obsessed fool here would be up in arms.
where did I say it was ok? You made a statement and failed in any way whatsoever to back it up in the slightest with anything. I’ve just seen a Dundalk fan mention a video of said incident. Lads coming on here (all clubs have them) claiming mad stuff was a regular feature last season, so back it up in future.

Edit: post up the video there Dudnalk...

Look for it yourself, it’s easily found 
helpful as ever, searched a few taglines but nothing coming up, otherwise I wouldnt have asked.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:03pm
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:39pm
Bad move that by the stewart Thumbs Down. Could have caused a bloody riot . Where were the cops to drag him out of the ground - when they are in the mood they go in and pull loads of Hoops out just for shouting their heads off and dancing round . 
Im back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Ah-FFS Ah-FFS wrote:

Bad move that by the stewart Thumbs Down. Could have caused a bloody riot . Where were the cops to drag him out of the ground - when they are in the mood they go in and pull loads of Hoops out just for shouting their heads off and dancing round . 
How do you know his name?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:50pm
Wtf?? All sl*gging aside what went on there? If he used to do tallaght was there previous or what did the kid say to him to provoke that reaction?
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How do you know his name?

Thats a D for spelling so Embarrassed
Im back.
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:34pm
Madness OB . The atmosphere in the shed was party like and I doubt anything was said to provoke that kinda reaction . Lads moan about the barrier behind the goal cos you can get your clothing ripped or trip over the thing but thats it . I was a couple of yards away and never heard nor seen any commotion . 
Im back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:09pm
I ended up down a Wikipedia wormhole last night and was looking at the 1970-71 Texaco Cup. It was the only season to have had Irish teams, north and south, before splitting into cross-border competitions on both islands.
Anyway, Wiki has Shamrock Rovers losing both legs against Ards in the first round, yet they progressed to meet Derry City. What happened there?

Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:41pm
Never really got into top gear for anything longer than a short spell or two but still won comfortably enough. Jack Byrne ran midfield like someone who is obviously on top of his game - a genious would not be overdoing it in describing his contribution tonight . Someone is gonna get battered bad by us with a little luck on front of goal before long. Bonus is top of the league and hope we can get those goals and stay there ------bohs as usual back where they belong looking up to see us . We are top of the league . 
Im back.
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:35am

I ended up down a Wikipedia wormhole last night and was looking at the 1970-71 Texaco Cup. It was the only season to have had Irish teams, north and south, before splitting into cross-border competitions on both islands.
Anyway, Wiki has Shamrock Rovers losing both legs against Ards in the first round, yet they progressed to meet Derry City. What happened there?

Wiki is wrong, Rovers won the first leg away 4-1 and Ards won 3-2 in dalymount.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Wiki is wrong, Rovers won the first leg away 4-1 and Ards won 3-2 in dalymount.
Thanks, I couldn't find any more information about the tie.
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 7:29am

Never really got into top gear for anything longer than a short spell or two but still won comfortably enough. Jack Byrne ran midfield like someone who is obviously on top of his game - a genious would not be overdoing it in describing his contribution tonight . Someone is gonna get battered bad by us with a little luck on front of goal before long. Bonus is top of the league and hope we can get those goals and stay there ------bohs as usual back where they belong looking up to see us . We are top of the league . 

Mick McCarthy was obviously admiring the skills of JB along with the rest of us in Tallaght Fri night . Some lads stick out like they are a bit special - in this league Jack is the elephant in the room . If he goes next season I hope its Celtic"s Hoops . 
Im back.
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:04pm
Greg scores late to get us the three points . Fookin grand . 
Im back.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:07pm
Aye big important win. 

Edited by doherty - 22 Mar 2019 at 10:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 374>
  Share Topic