Forum Description: All League Of Ireland Teams Forum
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=51171
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:42am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Shamrock Rovers Thread
Posted By: Xpro
Subject: Shamrock Rovers Thread
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 10:16pm
It`s a good complaint I suppose having such a strong squad but I dont envy Nutsy trying to pick his best eleven. I counted 26 of a squad tonight, (incl. the two on loan to Shels), and there`s any number of combinations you could make without weakening the team by very much.

Up front, North will lead the line with Mc Cabe in a free role off the shoulder in a 10. But across the middle, I wouldnt even know where to start in picking my midfield! Fahey and Cregg will feature in central midfield, or will they? What about Blanchard, who has good defensive qualities like Stephen Rice and will break up the opposition attacks. And where will the Brennans fit in or Stephen Mc Phail or any number of other midfielders?

We`re very strong in defence - for a change! Madden was as solid as ever and Hyland will push Murphy in nets. Webster had a couple of nervy moments in the 1st half but he grew into the game and his positional sense and decision-making were excellent. Kenna is the older head there and provides much needed leadership, even if he`s still prone to the odd clanger! I thought Luke Byrne was very good the other night, though he`d want to be, with Tim Clancy, David O`Connor and Robert Cornwell all breathing down his neck for the left-full position :)  

Replies:
Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:06am
Sure the league is over already by the sounds of it, you can pick whoever and you are still going to win. On a less sarcastic note rovers were always going to improve but there is still a lack of quality there. Big isnt always best. I wouldnt read a thing into friday

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:27am
Cregg has to play. A total revelation and I think the lynchpin that will be at the heart of everything Rovers do.

Fenlon has signed well and is getting performances out of players the previous two duds couldn't. Fenlons home league record is p 6, w 6 with 9 for and 0 conceded. That sort of form that early in his reign is grounds for optimism

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Sure the league is over already by the sounds of it, you can pick whoever and you are still going to win. On a less sarcastic note rovers were always going to improve but there is still a lack of quality there. Big isnt always best. I wouldnt read a thing into friday
Yet that is exactly what you did...

-------------

Posted By: saintjoey
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:12am
Did this need it's own thread on ybig?

If everyone put up similer threads we would be f**ked! Transfers thread the best place for this IMO

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:18am
Valid enough point Joey. I did a quick search and couldn't find a SRFC thread whereas there are other threads for specific clubs. So I've re titled this as the Shamrock Rovers Thread for all stuff SRFC.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:30am
It's taken 10 years for the biggest club in Ireland to get their own thread 😧😧😧😧

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

It's taken 10 years for the biggest club in the world to get their own thread 😧😧😧😧
Good things come to those who waitClap

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 12:56pm
Clap, cue the "Shamrock Rovers Haters Thread next".

Anyhow, yeah good complaint for Nutsy, that's where he'll earn his corn trying to pick his strongest XI. 

Cregg has to be a mainstay in there, I was impressed with him when he joined us and he was outstanding on Friday. 

What we did learn Saint Tom is that Rovers showed a resilience and discipline in the 2nd half that was patently missing the last couple of years so a very decent start if you're a Rovers fan.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: starryplough
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

If everyone put up similer threads we would be f**ked! Transfers thread the best place for this IMO

Why shouldn't the biggest sports club in Ireland have a thread on here, or is it that junkie envy shining through again?

-------------
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Why shouldn't the biggest sports club in Ireland have a thread on here, or is it that junkie envy shining through again?
Ah stop will you for god sake. YBIG isn't dedicated to any club so if you lot have it then every other lot are entitled to the same. Pages and Pages of threads everytime somebody in Tallegth takes a dump is no use to anyone. Now you have a Shamrock Rovers Thread, enjoy it to the fullest.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ah stop will you for god sake. YBIG isn't dedicated to any club so if you lot have it then every other lot are entitled to the same. Pages and Pages of threads everytime somebody in Tallegth takes a dump is no use to anyone. Now you have a Shamrock Rovers Thread, enjoy it to the fullest.

Jaysus, whats the problem with xpro setting up a Rovers thread so?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 2:07pm

He didn't, I changed the title to Shamrock Rovers Thread from its original 

Posted By: EastStandMan
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 5:20pm
Twill be the busiest thread by far going by the non Hoops on here and their fascination with Irelands greatest Club. Anyways tis grand to see us as committed as we were V the crack heads from the camac . When these lads start to buzz off one another and put their shift in we could be real contenders . Hearing Longford are a good outfit so will test us this Sat in their gaff . 

-------------
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:22pm

And how was I meant to know that Confused. Whatever he called it originally, we have a Rovers thread now, let the fun and games commence

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:38pm

And how was I meant to know that Confused. Whatever he called it originally, we have a Rovers thread now, let the fun and games commence
I posted that I changed it, however, crossed wires somewhat anyway as you replied to a post made before the title changed and I took it as you sticking up for the original title. Anyway, done and dusted. Enjoy your thread

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:41pm
I never thought I would see it, everyone talking about Shams threads and not one mention of needles

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:59pm
How did Mickey Drennan play in pre-season?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm
Decided to dust off me rovers jersey for this season and headed to the pub to watch the opening game (was to windy to be standing in wicklow on a cold night) my first thoughts were we need to build a huge fcking wall at the mountain end of our hired ground so as we can start trying to do the basics like keep the ball on the deck and we need to keep a couple of the players away from the curry vans around the place

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 11:15pm
Check out who Danny North is playing for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_North" rel="nofollow - ha ha

If you click on the view history - your man keeps coming back and changing it

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 8:33am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Check out who Danny North is playing for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_North" rel="nofollow - ha ha

LOL

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 11:48pm
I started the thread out of curiosity, just to see what other Hoops fans thought of the squad. Fenlon certainly gets the best out of players, no question, and you could see them putting in the extra effort on Fri night.

It`ll be a bit of a reunion in Longford at the weekend with Rice, Powell, Flynn and Sullivan determined to get one over their old club. The ref could be busy with cards, though I`m told Flynn and Sullivan have toned down their act since their Tallaght days.

What`s the best midfield 4? Waters, Cregg, Fahey and O`Connor? I cant remember such a choice of midfield options in a long number of years for the Hoops. 

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 11:52pm

LOL

he now plays for the model club

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:47pm
Midfield is very strong with places up for grabs. McCabe Cregg and Fahey pick themselves with two other slots to be filled, I think Miele could be a really good addition for example.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:49pm
No its not PM...behave yourself !!!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL

he now plays for the model club
I never noticed that he played for the Bitter Reds too, is that new vandalism or was it up originally?LOL

Posted By: Spudgunn1980
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 3:04pm

I think Miele could be a really good addition for example.
Not according to a friend who has seen him play numerous games for Newcastle' underage teams. 

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 12:10am
Can we judge a player fairly on his underage performances, like Miele at Newcastle? Players develop into their 20`s and can often improve dramatically, depending on the coaching they get and the influence of a manager.

"Starryplough" - I agree that Cregg, Mc Cabe and Fahey pick themselves but what about Mc Cabe in a more forward role, playing off the shoulder of North? I`ve seen him play in just about every midfield position and while he has tricky feet, he often gets caught out in possession. Up front, and in a free role, Gary could score goals and not worry about giving away the ball in midfield.

As for wingers, Sean O`Connor is excellent for me and while he sometimes takes too much out of the ball, he`s a really honest performer and gives his all in every game. The same could be said for Kieran Marty Waters, who`s got pace and skill by the truckload though his slight frame is easily injured and knocked off the ball. Bray heads may correct me here but was Marty Waters not very effective on the left wing? I seem to remember him at a Carlisle game cutting in from the left and causing havoc with his favoured right foot 

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 1:15pm
Interesting 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Xpro Xpro wrote:

Can we judge a player fairly on his underage performances, like Miele at Newcastle? Players develop into their 20`s and can often improve dramatically, depending on the coaching they get and the influence of a manager.

"Starryplough" - I agree that Cregg, Mc Cabe and Fahey pick themselves but what about Mc Cabe in a more forward role, playing off the shoulder of North? I`ve seen him play in just about every midfield position and while he has tricky feet, he often gets caught out in possession. Up front, and in a free role, Gary could score goals and not worry about giving away the ball in midfield.

As for wingers, Sean O`Connor is excellent for me and while he sometimes takes too much out of the ball, he`s a really honest performer and gives his all in every game. The same could be said for Kieran Marty Waters, who`s got pace and skill by the truckload though his slight frame is easily injured and knocked off the ball. Bray heads may correct me here but was Marty Waters not very effective on the left wing? I seem to remember him at a Carlisle game cutting in from the left and causing havoc with his favoured right foot 

Its an option I guess, but I think Fahey will have the attacking role sown up tbh. We also lack wide options and I think McCabe is the best of our wide options. Windy is a squad player these days, and Waters just hasn't got going yet, but you never know Nutsy might bring the best out of him yet, he wouldn't be the first

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 12:56am
Thanks for the stats "RTID". The manager ones are interesting, with SK only losing one in twelve, though the 7 draws kind of grate. I`m well impressed with MON`s record, only 8 defeats in 53 games. A legend.

I`ve heard Hoops fans being dismissive of Sean O`Connor and calling him Windy but I think he`s an excellent left winger. He can whip in some amazing crosses and he`s always prepared to track back and help out in defence. Do we have a better left wing in the squad?

As for the right wing, I once saw Mc Cabe do a masterclass at Belfield where his pinpoint crosses were only waiting for a glanced header or deft footwork to finish off the chance. He`s a natural fit on the right wing but I`d prefer to see him in a newer role up front and scoring goals.

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 7:57am
Sean oconnor and honest dont belong the same sentence

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 9:23am

Indeed. Has had plenty of opportunities since returning to the club. Not a fan despite some of his long range goals last year. Windy is more than accurate.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 11:03am

Thanks for the stats "RTID". The manager ones are interesting, with SK only losing one in twelve, though the 7 draws kind of grate. I`m well impressed with MON`s record, only 8 defeats in 53 games. A legend.

I`ve heard Hoops fans being dismissive of Sean O`Connor and calling him Windy but I think he`s an excellent left winger. He can whip in some amazing crosses and he`s always prepared to track back and help out in defence. Do we have a better left wing in the squad?

As for the right wing, I once saw Mc Cabe do a masterclass at Belfield where his pinpoint crosses were only waiting for a glanced header or deft footwork to finish off the chance. He`s a natural fit on the right wing but I`d prefer to see him in a newer role up front and scoring goals.

Windy is a perfectly appropriate name for him, we've been calling him it since the Tolka days ffs. Its not meant to insult either, I think on his day he is decent but wouldn't have resigned him again if I'm honest. Still has deadly deliveries and always liable to pop up with a cracker though as you say

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 2:45pm
Seanie's a lovely fella.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:03am

Is the right answer.

Saturday summed Windy up. Spent the first 25 mins giving out and moping about, then gets the ball and burys it from 25 yards. Then spends the rest of the game moping around. Such a frustrating player.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 11:40pm
I`ve seen O`Connor put in some very good shifts for the club over the years so maybe I overlooked the bad ones! He`ll certainly have to earn his place this season with so much competition for places.

Good game coming up Fri night against Cork. I`ll be interested to see who Fenlon starts with.

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 9:40am
Interesting to see Nutsy stick with Hyland last weekend, big game now Friday. Whats the interest like down in Cork, will many travel?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 10:29pm
Bit of a juggling act for PF keeping both keepers happy. Hyland has his 2 clean sheets but he`ll face a much stiffer test against Cork tomorrow night if he starts.

Hope Billy doesnt come back to rain on our parade. He knows that pitch inside out.

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:08pm

I`ve seen O`Connor put in some very good shifts for the club over the years.
Are we talking about the same O'Connor here? Do you mean David, Danny or Cathal? Because you cannot mean Sean.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:29pm
Long range goals won't keep in the team long term, he reminds me of a few of those Man City players in terms of attitude.  Want him to do well, but his laziness grates on the fans big time.

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:33pm

Bit of a juggling act for PF keeping both keepers happy. Hyland has his 2 clean sheets but he`ll face a much stiffer test against Cork tomorrow night if he starts.

Hope Billy doesnt come back to rain on our parade. He knows that pitch inside out.

It is one poxy fookin pitch. An absolute disgrace that it is so poor at this stage in the season.  

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:50pm
Eh? Its like a carpet at the moment...

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Long range goals won't keep in the team long term, he reminds me of a few of those Man City players in terms of attitude.  Want him to do well, but his laziness grates on the fans big time.

Hes lucky in that we don't have an abundance of wingers so knows he will get game time regardless

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Eh? Its like a carpet at the moment...

Didn't look great to me in the Pats game, ball was bobbly enough, but it's usually pristine in fairness.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:43pm
There were unusual weather conditions round the pats game to be fair

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:50pm
Wind is highly unusual in Ireland. To be fair, most of it was problem coming from your mouth

-------------

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:50pm

There were unusual weather conditions round the pats game to be fair

The pitch was in bits. The bounce of the ball was clearly affected by the amount of sand on it. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 10:17pm
Poor game last night for the spectators, including the two keepers who had little to do. Cork are a big and physical side and well organised at the back, winning headers for fun. They seemed to just want to contain Rovers, stifle the play, and go away happy with a point.

Say what you want about Sean O`Connor but he wouldnt have done any worse than the rest of the attack. He may have even struck a long ranger to grab the 3 points.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 4:06pm
But he would have done worse on tracking back, tackling and generally getting stuck in. Was not a game for Windy as he proved with a cowardly 10 mins. The man is not one for a battle.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 11:20pm
The game was a physical battle for sure and Cork are fairly uncompromising. They dont take prisoners:) It`s early days in the league and PF will have learnt from this game. I just hope he sets up his team differently for when we next play Cork.

We were playing Cork at their own game and going long, with too much aerial ball. Gary would`ve needed a stepladder to reach the height of some of those Cork players. Hopefully next time we play the ball on the deck and try and outfox them that way. Cork will mop up aerial ball all day long.

We all have our ideal midfield four and mine are Waters and Sean O`Connor on the wings, Cregg and Fahey in central midfield, with Mc Phail coming on for impact. These are all technical players who`ll create chances for Mc Cabe and North up front, while also controlling the tempo of the game. Main lesson from Fri night: keep the ball on the deck because aerially, we dont have the height.

Posted By: RKBarmyArmy
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:22am
I thought Rovers probably shaded it but to be fair, bar hitting the crossbar and a snap shot from Cregg I think, there was no other chances. Sheppard had a great chance in the first half for us to pull it back to Miller but went with the shot instead, which ended up going out for a throw in. 

We set up in the first half to play a bit of ball but it was clear in the second half the draw was enough for City. 

One of the more boring games I've ever been at between two poor teams. I hope there was no first timers at it. 

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:11am
Thought Friday night would never end. Rubbish game but Colin Healy is just immense.
Must say Tallaght Stadium is still looking well, always enjoy my trip up.

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:16am
Might make an effort to go to Tallaghtfornia on Friday for the Boez match. Been at a few in Dalyer in the home end and was good craic. 

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:21am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Thought Friday night would never end. Rubbish game but Colin Healy is just immense.
Must say Tallaght Stadium is still looking well, always enjoy my trip up.
His experience shone through, clever niggles. Overall was dissapointed with the midfields, none of the internationals shone, Miller in particular looked quite out of his depth.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:21am

Might make an effort to go to Tallaghtfornia on Friday for the Boez match. Been at a few in Dalyer in the home end and was good craic. 
Give me a bell, I'll get you in for a beer in the Glenmalure Suite.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:23am

We all have our ideal midfield four and mine are Waters and Sean O`Connor on the wings, Cregg and Fahey in central midfield, with Mc Phail coming on for impact. These are all technical players who`ll create chances for Mc Cabe and North up front, while also controlling the tempo of the game. Main lesson from Fri night: keep the ball on the deck because aerially, we dont have the height.
Its becoming clear that Fenlon has a midfield of SOC, Waters, Fahey, McPhail and McCabe for the weaker teams and Brennan, Waters, Fahey, Cregg and McCabe when he needs grit. Good options to have and Brennan eile still to come in.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:52am
Not sure how many more chances Waters is gonna get, anonymous for the most part again on Friday.  I'm assuming Gavin Brennan can and will do better than his league debut.............anyhow 3 clean sheets and 7 points is a more than decent start.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:59am
Waters is another player to add to the list of quality against us, poor for us. I was very happy he signed, he caused us damage and is a fanatical Rovers fan. But it really hasn't worked for him.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:02am

Give me a bell, I'll get you in for a beer in the Glenmalure Suite.
Thumbs Up reliant on the mammy doing the baby sitting lark but hopefully should be ok

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 2:41pm
Was up there this morning . Tickets for Fri nights funeral are on sale now . Get up early men and dont be disappointed . 

-------------

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 5:29pm
Fuk the bohs scum

Posted By: BohemianGigolo
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 5:41pm
Hope you wear that yellow jacket on Friday so you will be easy to find .

Posted By: billyoung
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 7:10pm
Any hoops know,is it possible to pick up tickets for the away end from your place? Cant get over to dalier this week and tallaght would be handy.or maybe a pay on the gate friday ?

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 7:16pm
Any attendance from last Friday?

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

I would imagine they have all left by now.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 8:32pm

3,800 I heard at half time. 200 or so Corkies, poor crowd for them I thought

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by billyoung billyoung wrote:

Any hoops know,is it possible to pick up tickets for the away end from your place? Cant get over to dalier this week and tallaght would be handy.or maybe a pay on the gate friday ?

I hear if you walk around Jobstown  for half an hour in your bozo shirt before the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get in for free . 

-------------

Posted By: HateHenry
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by EastStandMan EastStandMan wrote:

I hear if you walk around Jobstown  for half an hour in your bozo shirt before the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get in for free . 

or ye could just doss outside it and piss on it and not go in!

-------------
Polska Bialo Czerwoni

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by BohemianGigolo BohemianGigolo wrote:

Idiot

Posted By: billyoung
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:20am
Youngfella played a match in fettercairn last week,both of us were walkin around in bohs jackets for about 2 hours but no free passes ill pay at the gate so,see you in the maldron beforehand,by the way,have rovers sussed youre a bohs man yet?

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 8:19am

No to both is my understanding.

-------------

Posted By: BohemianGigolo
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 8:49am
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Idiot
me the idiot?your the the prick who associates politics and football.your probably not even a Rovers fan but some Cliftonville Brit who comes down to be all tough on Derby days .

Posted By: RKBarmyArmy
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 9:39am

We, along with every other team from outside of Leinster find it very difficult to maintain a good away following. Its just impossible to get everyone taking half days for the same trips so it gets spread out as it suits people. We'll probably have more in Bray on Saturday than we did in Tallaght last Friday. 

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 10:20am
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

We, along with every other team from outside of Leinster find it very difficult to maintain a good away following. Its just impossible to get everyone taking half days for the same trips so it gets spread out as it suits people. We'll probably have more in Bray on Saturday than we did in Tallaght last Friday. 
Very rare to see 200 away fans at the cross, and thats one of 3 or 4 trips that might require any distance for a Dublin based club. City have to travel those distances and more every other week so people have to pick and choose. 200 is solid IMO.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:08pm

To be fair I dont think there was anywhere near 3,800. 3,000 at a very maximum.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:30pm

Idiot
me the idiot?your the the prick who associates politics and football.your probably not even a Rovers fan but some Cliftonville Brit who comes down to be all tough on Derby days .
Now the both of you knock this on the head very sharpish or its holidays. Eire, don't be coming in here wumming. and when you get it back dishing out the personal abuse. You'll go too.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:31pm

It was closer to 4,000 than 3,000, the main stand was almost full and the East 2/3.

I understand the cosntraints Cork fans have getting to Dublin on a work day, but it was a lower than normal crowd for you. Still more than everyone bar Bohs and Pats will bring though.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:45pm
Well done Sham. Thumbs Up

Defo closer to 4,000 Friday and thought Cork's support wasn't bad given the journeys they have to travel every other week.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:55pm

It was closer to 4,000 than 3,000, the main stand was almost full and the East 2/3.

I understand the cosntraints Cork fans have getting to Dublin on a work day, but it was a lower than normal crowd for you. Still more than everyone bar Bohs and Pats will bring though.

4,000? hmmmm I dunno, well we aint going to do a "Dundalk" on it, take it to heart and fall out over it Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:56pm
You can dunno all you want, we are there every second week and know broadly what the crowd is from experience. The place was more than half full.

But as you say, I won't have an online meltdown like that flute if you don't.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:11pm

Youngfella played a match in fettercairn last week,both of us were walkin around in bohs jackets for about 2 hours but no free passes ill pay at the gate so,see you in the maldron beforehand,by the way,have rovers sussed youre a bohs man yet?

Hope the lad enjoyed his game . For a bozo you seem to spend a lot of time southside ???. Look to the second exit from the left, Eaststand from where you will be Fri - thats my perch ."" EastStandMan"" hoopin from the day I was got and dont you forget that HM-bfc LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:12pm

You can dunno all you want, we are there every second week and know broadly what the crowd is from experience. The place was more than half full.

What are you on about there? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:16pm

Idiot
Now the both of you knock this on the head very sharpish or its holidays. Eire, don't be coming in here wumming. and when you get it back dishing out the personal abuse. You'll go too.

Hey Sham , I will be in burger king with me bro fri prior to the game . If ya need some nourishment before meeting tudder lad drop in . Throw a bag of chips at you, opps , into you if your there . 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:19pm

Idiot

I never bring at a derby actually

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:21pm

Rovers fans are more likely to be able to estimate the crowd than away fans. Ditto down the Cross if Cork fans estimated the crowd I would defer to their experience.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:25pm

Idiot

do you buy?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Idiot

do you buy?

Buy what?

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:30pm

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:41pm

but pats fans guesses of our crowds are invalid....

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:47pm

Are you talking to me?

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 2:15pm
Would have thought it was closer to 3200 than 3800. Decent crowd and the Rovers fans kept trying to encourage despite the quality of the match.

Looking forward to some hatred in the crowd on Friday. All very family orientated and friendly at Rovers games these days. (Don't get me wrong, that's great and all but love the buzz of Bohs/Rovers and the genuine dislike between the two sets of fans)

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 4:22pm

Rovers fans are more likely to be able to estimate the crowd than away fans. Ditto down the Cross if Cork fans estimated the crowd I would defer to their experience.

True point

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm

Idiot

Hey Sham , I will be in burger king with me bro fri prior to the game . If ya need some nourishment before meeting tudder lad drop in . Throw a bag of chips at you, opps , into you if your there . 
Jesus any luck i'll be well fed with decent nosh prior to arrival. We'll chin wag at HT or prior to KO perhaps. Might even introduce you to the other ladShocked

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 4:39pm

Idiot

Jesus any luck i'll be well fed with decent nosh prior to arrival. We'll chin wag at HT or prior to KO perhaps. Might even introduce you to the other ladShocked

Ha Ha sound Sham. Ill be in L at the exit leaning against the wall from half an hour before the KO .Almost certain I have spoken to his majesty but will say no more till I get eyes on him - dont be surprised if he"s shy re a meet as he gets a buzz from the wind up . Even the gypos are joining in for jasizz sake LOL. Big game tonight but cant get Fri out of me head . 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 4:57pm
Does RTID exist? And if so, why?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 8:55pm
2-1 up

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 9:38pm
Back in yer box bitters. Bring on the boezzz. 

-------------

Posted By: Madferret
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 9:41pm
Great win for Rovers that Clap  A winner by young Drennan should help his confidence no end. Fahey really starting to make a difference going by the reports.  

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 9:43pm
Hon rovers

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net