Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Serie A thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 121>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 5:29pm
Hoping to get to Napoli v Genoa
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 7:56pm
Bellotti has gone to Roma now. He will have to fight to get his place with Abraham playing so well and Dybala backing him up. Always rated Bellotti, hes too good to sit on the bench. I suspect he will get in and keep his spot. Roma looking good under Mourinho. Could give the title a good shot this season. 1 down to Udinese at the minute though..

Edited by doherty - 04 Sep 2022 at 7:57pm
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:02pm
Roma have been terrible here! Can’t see them making top 4 never mind fight for the title.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:21pm
Well and truly beaten tonight. Bit of a blip for Jose. Surprising they have been so poor.
I love beer gardens
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:22pm
3-0 now to Udinese! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 9:25pm
Missing Zaniolo, Wijnaldum injury was a big blow for them too! Spinazzola hasn’t looked himself since returning from the injury at the last Euro’s! Defence and centre midfield is average no way they finish above Milan, Inter, Napoli or Juventus.  
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 10:05pm
Wait till Bellotti starts banging them in.  Abraham did he dislocate his shoulder or something when he came off. Southgate at the game aswell. Picked a bad one.
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Wait till Bellotti starts banging them in.  Abraham did he dislocate his shoulder or something when he came off. Southgate at the game aswell. Picked a bad one.

Belotti has been poor the past couple of seasons, he won’t score that many in a Mourinho team.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 10:25pm
What a mental finish in the Juventus game! Looks like we are going to have another cracking season where a number of teams could win the league.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a mental finish in the Juventus game! Looks like we are going to have another cracking season where a number of teams could win the league.
"Mental", "finish" and "Juve" are certainly the apposite terms!

Seems there's some serious sh*t going on at the club:

Rome, Nov 28, 2022 (AFP) 
The entire board of directors at Juventus has resigned, including president Andrea Agnelli and vice president Pavel Nedved, the Italian Serie A club said in a statement Monday.

The board stepped down en masse "having considered the centrality and relevance of pending legal and accounting issues", it said in a reference to an ongoing police investigation.

Prosecutors in Turin have since last year been exploring allegations of false accounting and irregularities in the transfer and loans of players.

The outgoing board "considered (it) to be in the best social interest to recommend that Juventus equip itself with a new Board of Directors to address these issues," the statement said.

https://www.thescore.com/ita_fed/news/2497971

Apparently the Turin Prosecutor is investigating a huge gap in their finances - some are speculating €200m+ - to do with false accounting, dodgy transfers and other contractual matters. While Nedved is said to have been "turned" by the Prosecutor to give evidence!

https://twitter.com/ForzaJuveEN/status/1597353446096740355?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1597353446096740355%7Ctwgr%5E69999e18a5158e3c6881874fc955e6e27c3cd4e2%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bigsoccer.com%2Fforums%2Fthreads%2Fthe-other-juve-related-news-discussion-thread.1638638%2Fpage-122

Of course, 90% of this is liable to be garbage, but if even the remaining 10% is true, then that could be enough to sink the club, since going into Administration would (I think) trigger automatic relegation, possibly even to Serie C?

While with Juve being a publicly listed company, the most serious allegations, if proven, could lead to severe criminal charges.

Could also explain why Antonio Conte never went back to them last year, as well?

Meanwhile, with Barca also in deep financial doodoo, it's looking like Real Madrid could have to resurrect the European Super League all on their own!

Edited by Territorial - 29 Nov 2022 at 12:52pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:51pm
Berlusconi was Milan owner not Juventus.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:56pm

Berlusconi was Milan owner not Juventus.
I know, it was Milan - was going to say "in Italy" but got confused over Monza etx.

Still, I guess old man Agnelli was no saint either - "The apple doesnt fall far from the tree", as they say.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:01pm
f**k Juventus!

Forza Napoli.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:16pm

f**k Juventus!
Or Juventus f**ked?

Anyhow, could there be a few free/out-of-contract departures from Juve in the January window? Rabiot isnt entirely popular with the fans, I believe, while Szczesny is doing himself no harm in Qatar.

And you could see a few of their loanees returning to their parent club early

Forza Napoli.
Let me guess, you''ve been a fan ever since you used to sneak out early from school to watch them?

Or is that Robbie Keane I'm thinking of?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:34pm
What’s it to you? Am I not allowed to have a preferred team in Italy? Funny coming from the man who supports two EPL sides.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:39pm
Fook Juve and Napoli. Sampdoria forever!!! They'll beat the drop just see if they dont. ERG shirts will come back and im gonna buy all of them you hear. ALL OF THEM LOL

Edited by doherty - 29 Nov 2022 at 1:40pm
I love beer gardens
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:41pm

What’s it to you? Am I not allowed to have a preferred team in Italy? Funny coming from the man who supports two EPL sides.

Ooh, touchy! LOL
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Fook Juve and Napoli. Sampdoria forever!!! They'll beat the drop just see if they dont. ERG shirts will come back and im gonna buy all of them you hear. ALL OF THEM 

A fine choice. I went to watch Sampdoria v Lazio back in August, was a quality trip and cemented my love for I Blucheriati, although from watching them this season Serie B is looking  likely
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 121>
  Share Topic