Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scrotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

You get quite a few at Ireland matches as well. I think it has got a little worse as well as a by-product of the success of the singing section these types have a place to congregate within Aviva. They graduate from the schoolboy section and go to block 114-116. Probably the same ‘crews’ who attach their Green Street style ‘support’ to LOI clubs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see similar stuff to what we saw yesterday and what we see at England matches also making it’s way into Ireland games. Never saw a fight in all my years going to matches but in last few years have seen on here people reporting fights on a few occasions

You serious? Might be a couple of scrotes in the singing section but there is no sign of the kind of ****s that were in action yesterday. 
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Every Club in the Country has their gang of green wannabe pavement dancers, it was bohs day of disgrace yesterday and it will be sombody else the next. 
Ah would ya go away out of that, I've been to loads of cup finals and never seen that sort of stuff. Bohs/Rovers fans love throwing a few bottles around, and wear the ensuing videos as a badge of honour showing the "passion of the Dublin derby" like they're Galatasaray fans. Irish football is never moving forward with this sh*t. I'd fly my kids to a Premiership once a year over showing them that sh*t every week of the year. Bohs and Rovers fan are the reason we're stuck with tiny crowds
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Every Club in the Country has their gang of green wannabe pavement dancers, it was bohs day of disgrace yesterday and it will be sombody else the next. 
Ah would ya go away out of that, I've been to loads of cup finals and never seen that sort of stuff. Bohs/Rovers fans love throwing a few bottles around, and wear the ensuing videos as a badge of honour showing the "passion of the Dublin derby" like they're Galatasaray fans. Irish football is never moving forward with this sh*t. I'd fly my kids to a Premiership once a year over showing them that sh*t every week of the year. Bohs and Rovers fan are the reason we're stuck with tiny crowds

??? Like it doesn't happen in the premiership either? Do you go to football matches at all??
Chips don't bounce
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:03pm

One of the most ridiculous things Ive read on here in a while and it has lots of competition.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm

So by your rationale there should be tiny crowds at turkish football also. Oh, bring your kids to Elland Road for the Leeds v Man Utd match and enjoy the good natured friendly banter singingvsongs about Munich and Istanbul. Or maybe take in Blackpool v Preston for a great family day out.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:12pm
Wouldn’t blame any parents not bringing their kids to a LOI game again involving the Bohs scum. Just can’t behave themselves 
They've only gone and done it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:12pm

There was probably about 10k kids there yesterday and I would say 100 saw that yesterday max. That’s not condoning what happened and the Gardai any if they were Bohs fans should come down on hard on them. But the bast majority of kids yesterday would have had a ball and I know as I had 2 with me and a 16 year old. They loved the day.  

If you go to an EPL game and you happen to be in the wrong pub beforehand this is liable to happen also. It doesn’t get reported on by sky as they don’t like to see their product tainted.   

So live in la la land if you like.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Lansdown Roar Lansdown Roar wrote:

Wouldn’t blame any parents not bringing their kids to a LOI game again involving the Bohs scum. Just can’t behave themselves 
If you cant discuss it rationally then don’t bother. You may have been caught up in it so your fury is understandable before taking any rivalry into account. Every Bohs fan on here so far has condemned it. Many thousands supporting both teams yesterday behaved themselves but labelling Bohs as scum in the context of what happened outside the pub is unnecessary and a bit infantile to boot.

Ive been to most LOI grounds and all of the Dublin ones as both as an away fan and as a neutral and have for the most part have had positive experiences. Likewise I have had a rare negative at all grounds, your own included. Nobody is whiter than white. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

One of the most ridiculous things Ive read on here in a while and it has lots of competition.
It’s off the charts LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 4:04pm

What? Bohs sell out every week? Rovers had 7k on a few weeks back. When was the last time you were at Tallaght? Never seen any hassle at either. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:04pm
I can’t help but note the type of language that is often used when discussing hooliganism in football. Referring to the “minority”, making it out to be an ‘everybody’ problem, and the ‘not real football fans’ thing. People have to be careful of that as it serves to make it out to be relatively trivial. It would be horrendous if Irish football was to create a Culture of this type of thing, when there has thankfully never been a meaningful hooligan culture, almost to the point of non existence.

The reason it is reported is that it was a very serious incident and it is important this is nipped in the bud if it is to be the start of something.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 7:48pm
I find it sad for the game when you hear of trouble but i seek the positives in football and fans of all teams in the LOI 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 8:13pm
 https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/anger-at-garda-response-to-cup-final-violence-1.4742151

“Travelling UK fans”

Edited by Sham157 - 29 Nov 2021 at 8:14pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:25pm

You get quite a few at Ireland matches as well. I think it has got a little worse as well as a by-product of the success of the singing section these types have a place to congregate within Aviva. They graduate from the schoolboy section and go to block 114-116. Probably the same ‘crews’ who attach their Green Street style ‘support’ to LOI clubs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see similar stuff to what we saw yesterday and what we see at England matches also making it’s way into Ireland games. Never saw a fight in all my years going to matches but in last few years have seen on here people reporting fights on a few occasions

You serious? Might be a couple of scrotes in the singing section but there is no sign of the kind of ****s that were in action yesterday. 

Nah vast majority are obviously regulat supporters and I haven't see any of the black clad hooded groups but you get younger groups who are a little bit riff raff in and around the area who would be quite disrespectful to others and can cause tension in the stands. And it seems to be growing imo (or maybe I'm just getting older and don't understand the kids these days). my point would be it could grow worse and spill over into scummy instances, especially if said fans save enough pocket money to do an away trip 

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Nov 2021 at 11:27pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:34pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/anger-at-garda-response-to-cup-final-violence-1.4742151

“Travelling UK fans”

It's happened before where ine of the more viral severe Street clashes involving LOI fans actually had fans from a UK club involved.  Same stuff again then?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 1:01am

“Travelling UK fans”

It's happened before where ine of the more viral severe Street clashes involving LOI fans actually had fans from a UK club involved.  Same stuff again then?
A non league UK club ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 2:41am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 8:51am

??? Like it doesn't happen in the premiership either? Do you go to football matches at all??
Plenty of them, all sort of sports, and no it shouldn't be the norm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic