Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland vs Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

f**k it id take a play off- hoping for a Poland in. There is no doubt we would all like to qualify automatically but with where we lay a month ago in the table till now id take our chance in a play off.

Who realistically wouldn't take a play off????

I think it's fairly obviously we would all settle for 3rd place at this stage.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:34am
Scotland 2-1
The only way is up
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 1:31am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

I really think Scotland will get the win against Poland they will have the crowd rocking in Glasgow one set piece will be enough for Scotland in a really scrapie game so we will need to get the win in Warsaw

I wouldn't rule that out but the Scots are under ferocious pressure to get the win. It remains to be seen if they can handle that pressure.

Any Scots I've talked to are convinced they'll fold under the pressure. It'll be a nervy crowd with an expectancy of failure, as far as I can see.

To be honest, I'm not sure we'd cope that well with the pressure either ie. having to beat Poland and them coming here knowing a win would send them straight through to the finals. I do think Scotland are up against it here. If the Poles score first, it's surely game over.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 2:09am
I wouldn't be surprised to see Scotland win. We will find it tough in the last two games but I wouldn't rule out drawing both.

Lewandowski is on super form at the moment so a few goals against Scotland might get the Poland win and guarantee us at least a playoff spot. 

If we beat both Germany and Poland we finish 2nd, even if Poland beat Scotland. Unlikely but possible.

Hopefully at the very least when the final whistle goes in Warsaw we have secured a playoff spot. 
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 2:34am
Lewondowski is untouchable at the moment. But wont have the same service he gets with FCB. But it will give the players around him a hugh confidence boost.

From the scots side I doubt they have any interest in a draw. They'll go all out for a win but will end up losing. The poles will set them selves up to hit them on the break knowing they're all but qualified and the scots will be desperate
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 6:56am
3-1 to Poles , Lewandowski hat trick before he get plowed out of it by Scott Brown mission Ireland game through injury

Edited by lassassinblanc - 01 Oct 2015 at 6:57am
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 8:11am

Any Scots I've talked to are convinced they'll fold under the pressure. It'll be a nervy crowd with an expectancy of failure, as far as I can see.

They're probably right - this is a team who have lost two on the bounce. Morale in the camp can't be that high
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 8:32am
Its a real tough one for the scots this one- say its 1-1 with 5 mins d go and we are 2-0 down to germany. What do they do? A draw isnt really enough but gives them a chance going into the last game, a defeat and their gone so its a real tough one.
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:08am
I think the svots will win.

But i don't get this optimism of us getting 2nd place. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last team we beat competitively ranked above us was 14years ago against the dutch so what makes people think we will do it now away from home when we couldn't do it against the scots at home who were terroble imo.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:30am
The fact the jocks have to win is going to upset them . It will open them up and play into the hands of the poles . Scotland are like us in that they struggle when they have to win .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:33am
Reckon this is our best chance of getting 3rd place, Poles beating Scotland here
Can't see us getting anything in our remaining 2 games sadly

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Reckon this is our best chance of getting 3rd place, Poles beating Scotland here
Germans only need a point.

Agreed that we need Poland to do us a favour because if they lose in Glasgow then we havent a hope in hell's chance in Warsaw.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

f**k it id take a play off- hoping for a Poland in. There is no doubt we would all like to qualify automatically but with where we lay a month ago in the table till now id take our chance in a play off.

You speak for everyone do you? Was only putting my opinion out there that i would take a play off now, poland beating scotland and us losing to germany. I would take that- it means the poland games a dead rubber but id take it.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'm surprised at all the pessimism surrounding our last two games. We haven't been winning big matches but we certainly have been losing them either and we concede very few goals. Why would we lose two games in a row when we have been very solid and consistent throughout the qualifiers?
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 4:18pm
Lewandowski will blow the jocks away.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 4:21pm

You speak for everyone do you? Was only putting my opinion out there that i would take a play off now, poland beating scotland and us losing to germany. I would take that- it means the poland games a dead rubber but id take it.

No I don't but its pretty obvious everyone would take third place if it was handed to us.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 4:53pm

No I don't but its pretty obvious everyone would take third place if it was handed to us.

There are some on this thread looking for 2 wins to go to france automatically. They might disagree with you there and just take a chance. Me i would accept the play off now as ive already said.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:43am

Given our situation before Scotland lost to Georgia, then yes 3rd place at the moment looks like an undeserved miracle. And yes you are more than likely correct that 3rd is the very very best we can hope for. But do we have to be so real all the time?? Can we not just dream? I personally am hopeful of getting second place in the group. it would require Scotland beating Poland and us drawing with Germany and also beating Poland. Yes it is unlikely, but isn't that what support is?? Believing anyway?? Given we have been singing a song for 25 years containing the line "And we really shake them up, when we win the world cup"...should we stop singing that because realistically it is never going to happen?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic