You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryan Johansson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:47pm
Could he play for the 21's now?
Sponsored Links

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:27pm
Mick's just learnt his lesson from Rice and Bamford already I think and not wanting to spend every press conference and interview of his tenure getting bogged down in granny rule hysteria and who can blame him?
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Mick's just learnt his lesson from Rice and Bamford already I think and not wanting to spend every press conference and interview of his tenure getting bogged down in granny rule hysteria and who can blame him?

That makes sense but I don't see the fact that Mick has chased players as a bad thing. Despite the fact that we haven't been very successful in the instance of bamford or Rice 

I also think that the johansson situation is very different from the Rice/bamford debacle 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:58pm
Just seen the interview. Mick had a sly dig at Bamford at the end of it LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 3:29am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What did he say
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
Not really sure why they got Mick to talk about Johansson in the first place, he's not the person you'd expect to be most informed/involved with the situation, and that's exactly how it came across 
We're decent enough..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not really sure why they got Mick to talk about Johansson in the first place, he's not the person you'd expect to be most informed/involved with the situation, and that's exactly how it came across 

lol what??? so the national team manager shouldnt be up to date and know exactly what is happening with one of our brightest prospects on the books of one of the biggest clubs in Europe??? ConfusedConfused

but yeah i guess thats just another problem with this shambolic short term appointment... as some1 else mentioned in an earlier thread roll on Kenny era til the proper work starts 
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:34am

Dunno if this was actually a dig, Bamford followed a similar route as Johansson and Crowley. Think the issue with FIFA is to do with switching back 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by eddiebro eddiebro wrote:

Dunno if this was actually a dig, Bamford followed a similar route as Johansson and Crowley. Think the issue with FIFA is to do with switching back 

So they either made a mistake and allowed Callum Robinson to play for us or they are making a mistake and not allowing johansson to play for us...

Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:13pm
Didnt alex pearce go from us underage to scotland underage then back to us for senior? 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Rustybedsprings Rustybedsprings wrote:

Didnt alex pearce go from us underage to scotland underage then back to us for senior? 

He only played for Scotland at FIFA recognised age groups anyway, before then switching to us.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
Any news on this saga ?

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:28am
“According to sources close to Bayern Munich’s Ryan Johansson, FIFA have spoken to the FAI regarding their decision over his eligibility issues. The player himself expected to be told of the outcome in the coming days. “Very very soon,” I am told.“
(source @mcqueirns twitter) 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 3:23am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

“According to sources close to Bayern Munich’s Ryan Johansson, FIFA have spoken to the FAI regarding their decision over his eligibility issues. The player himself expected to be told of the outcome in the coming days. “Very very soon,” I am told.“

Any news on what way it's leaning? 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:48am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Nope
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:01am
Expect another video from f**knut TV with your man in the wife beater outside of Aldi this time. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:02am

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Nope

It would be an interesting precedent if they say no

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:15pm
As I understand it, the letter of the law means he cannot switch to us, as he had no Irish passport at the time he played for Lux.
At least that's what his father allegedly said back when the issue broke.

Also, seems FIFA made its decision and the long wait now was while they deliberated over the FAI's appeal.

I fear that FIFA, being a massive bureaucracy, will just err on the side of the strictest rule, so ruling him out.  Any other decision could lead to all manner of issues for them with other players in the future.

Desperately hope I'm wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 41>
  Share Topic