Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=56489
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:15am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ryan Johansson
Posted By: Luis Amor Rodriguez
Subject: Ryan Johansson
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:51pm
Mentioned elsewhere on the site and looks like he could develop into a quality player in time. 

Very early days, but already being talked up in Germany as an understudy for Kimmich in the Bayern first-team.  Has made two pre-season appearances for Bayern (against Juventus and Man City).  

I understand he's to be called up to our U-18s, but would be great to see him involved, even now, with a senior training squad in a developmental capacity. 

Good article about him and how highly Bayern rate him here:   http://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-johansson-bayern-4165267-Aug2018/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-johansson-bayern-4165267-Aug2018/

Replies:
Posted By: Maccatacca
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:14am
Was having a quick look at his social media accounts to see what he had to say about playing for Ireland.

I happened to stumble across his agents account, and it turns out that his agent is Irish. Nothing major I know, but possibly a slight advantage in our favour if Sweden were to come calling. 

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Was having a quick look at his social media accounts to see what he had to say about playing for Ireland.

I happened to stumble across his agents account, and it turns out that his agent is Irish. Nothing major I know, but possibly a slight advantage in our favour if Sweden were to come calling. 
Once he plays tomorrow he is tied down. Competitive underage for Lux and Ireland ties him down no? He has already switched twice too.

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Posted By: Dalymount79
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Mentioned elsewhere on the site and looks like he could develop into a quality player in time. 

Very early days, but already being talked up in Germany as an understudy for Kimmich in the Bayern first-team.  Has made two pre-season appearances for Bayern (against Juventus and Man City).  

I understand he's to be called up to our U-18s, but would be great to see him involved, even now, with a senior training squad in a developmental capacity. 

Good article about him and how highly Bayern rate him here:   http://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-johansson-bayern-4165267-Aug2018/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thejournal.ie/ryan-johansson-bayern-4165267-Aug2018/

Let's see if he make their CL squad - would be a great sign if included.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:30am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Once he plays tomorrow he is tied down. Competitive underage for Lux and Ireland ties him down no? He has already switched twice too.

Tomorrow isn’t competitive and he doesn’t need to complete a switch to play for us in a friendly. 

We’ll know for sure in about a month, if he is included in the squad for elite round qualifiers.

Edit: Friendly vs Wales is today. Ryan starts.

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:04pm
what time is ko!?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:09pm
Nearly over. Currently 2-0 to us. 

Posted By: Dr. Pat
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:12pm
All over. 2 nil. Anyone at the game who can give an update on how they played?

-------------
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!

Posted By: CillDara
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:13pm
It's over, Ireland won 2-0.

Posted By: Deco79
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:09pm
Could he not have been brought into the Under 21's and put on the bench tonight and brought on to end any debate of who he'll play for in the future regardless of how he gets on with Munich!
Please tell me its some sort of paper work that prevented him from being called into the U21's and allowed to play in a competitive fixture?

Posted By: The O'Shea
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:37pm
Perhaps he didn't want to be called up to the U-21's. It's possible he's just testing the water.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: J89
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:43pm
Or that he's still only 17 and want a strong 19s team going into next month's qualifiers. 

That and don't let him anywhere near Noel King for the time being

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:04pm
Ryan has snubbed us.

Posted By: 5678
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:12pm

Ryan has snubbed us.

Link

Posted By: Healy52003
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:31am
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/martin-oneill-still-in-the-hunt-for-ryan-johansson-bqgqs92gc" rel="nofollow - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/martin-oneill-still-in-the-hunt-for-ryan-johansson-bqgqs92gc

Little runt 

We're losing too many guys at this rate 

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:32am
Hardly surprising.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:36am
In good news, Obafemi has reaffirmed his commitments to us. 

Infairness, the media reported incorrectly at the time that we had secured young Ryan. 

He is sticking with Luxembourg for now as he can still play for any of three countries so long as he plays for Lumexbourg for the foreseeable future.

If he switched to Ireland or Sweden right now he wouldn’t be able to play for anyone else.

Let’s be honest though, Luxembourg have more going for them than we do right now, never mind Sweden. 

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:41am

Wait until he has a real decision to make. ie. playing senior international for Nigeria or us. 

-------------
The only way is up

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:49am
This lad could be too Luxembourg what Bale is too Wales and will have tons of fame in his home land 

He basically prob saw what our under 19s had to offer and Siad f**k this 

Another one bites the dust and possibly could up against us in the future 

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:13am

Infairness, the media reported incorrectly at the time that we had secured young Ryan. 

He is sticking with Luxembourg for now as he can still play for any of three countries so long as he plays for Lumexbourg for the foreseeable future.

If he switched to Ireland or Sweden right now he wouldn’t be able to play for anyone else.

Let’s be honest though, Luxembourg have more going for them than we do right now, never mind Sweden. 

There was never any doubt over Obafemi, he missed the last game with a virus.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

This lad could be too Luxembourg what Bale is too Wales and will have tons of fame in his home land 

He basically prob saw what our under 19s had to offer and Siad f**k this 

Another one bites the dust and possibly could up against us in the future 

Our U-19's are fairly excellent? LOL

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: 5678
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 7:46am
Jeez the whole situation is fairly grimOuch

Posted By: mandrake
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by 5678 5678 wrote:

Jeez the whole situation is fairly grimOuch

wait until our games next week and it could get nasty.... remember the swiss game mccarthys last game, that was poison...

-------------
Come on Irelind

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:43am
choosing luxembourg, hardy ambitious. fcuk him.

Posted By: LO SCIENZIATO
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:52am

LOL

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

LOL

How???
Yes they are top of their Nations League group but I'd expect Belarus to beat them next week and even if they do top the group I'd see Georgia or Macedonia/Armenia beating them to qualify for the Euros (if that is what you mean by more going for them)

Posted By: JoxerDaly
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:48am
The lad is simply keeping his options open which is understandable, even though he is with Bayern he could be playing equivelent to league 2 in 2 years and no hope of an Irish or Swdish cap. 

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:48am
Jesus imagine losing a player to Luxembourg Embarrassed

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

That's presumably the same attitude the English have regarding losing decent players to us

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That's presumably the same attitude the English have regarding losing decent players to us

LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: gazurtoids
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:12am

Hasn't happened since Mark Lawrenson ....and that's where it ended

not saying we haven't had some 'decent' players, but no one England would cry over

Posted By: DangerHere
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

not saying we haven't had some 'decent' players, but no one England would cry over

England were in the hunt for Clinton Morrisson too and he chose us...and Alan McLoughlin

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:20am

He's born and bred in Luxembourg.

Declan Rice possibly wants to play for his birth country.. 'he's chasing the money, he's been persuaded by his agent' etc etc

This lad goes to Luxembourg... 'He'll never win anything, has he no ambition' etc etc

We can't have it both ways.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:57am

Clark captained England at underage level

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

He's born and bred in Luxembourg.

Declan Rice possibly wants to play for his birth country.. 'he's chasing the money, he's been persuaded by his agent' etc etc

This lad goes to Luxembourg... 'He'll never win anything, has he no ambition' etc etc

We can't have it both ways.

I don't think he'll tie himself to Luxembourg. I'd almost guarantee you that when push comes to shove he'll declare for Sweden, especially if we continue at our low ebb.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Clark captained England at underage level

He shouldn't be in our starting XI, never mind being good enough for England's squad.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 4:45pm

This is more depressing news alright.

Although I don't think he's "chosen" Luxembourg over us.  

I'm open to correction, but I think the issue may be that he's coming up to a competitive age-group, so if he switched now, he'd be bound for the long-term (you're only allowed one switch).

So he's not "choosing" Luxembourg, he's just deciding to remain capable of making a switch (to Ireland, or Sweden) in the future.  

I'd still have strong hope he'll go for us given his Mum's from Ireland.  

However, he might be looking at the circus we've had going on and compare it to Sweden's excellent youth sides and ability to squeeze results out of a less impressive senior side, and conclude that this may be the better option for him ultimately.

If he develops into a serious player, I doubt he will plum for Luxembourg.  

Someone was on here, saw him first hand in one of the youth games for Ireland - said he looked very tidy and technical (unsurprisingly, given he's at Bayern). 

Will be gutted if we lose this lad - but still have a lot of hope.  Either way, this isn't the end of the story: he's just keeping his options open. 

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

This is more depressing news alright.

Although I don't think he's "chosen" Luxembourg over us.  

I'm open to correction, but I think the issue may be that he's coming up to a competitive age-group, so if he switched now, he'd be bound for the long-term (you're only allowed one switch).

So he's not "choosing" Luxembourg, he's just deciding to remain capable of making a switch (to Ireland, or Sweden) in the future.  

I'd still have strong hope he'll go for us given his Mum's from Ireland.  

However, he might be looking at the circus we've had going on and compare it to Sweden's excellent youth sides and ability to squeeze results out of a less impressive senior side, and conclude that this may be the better option for him ultimately.

If he develops into a serious player, I doubt he will plum for Luxembourg.  

Someone was on here, saw him first hand in one of the youth games for Ireland - said he looked very tidy and technical (unsurprisingly, given he's at Bayern). 

Will be gutted if we lose this lad - but still have a lot of hope.  Either way, this isn't the end of the story: he's just keeping his options open. 

My thinking is he's maybe looked at the lack of players playing from outside of uk/Ireland and decided to stick where he is for the time being as he's getting competitive games with Luxembourg. If he doesn't get a senior cap this month or next month then imo he's just stringing them along as you'd expect they'd try to cap him and tie him to them asap.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:20pm
Luxembourg finish bottom of their under19 qualifying group, while Sweden come third in a group with Scotland and Wales. 

Food for thought for young Ryan. 

He doesn’t seem too happy anyway and has taken a swipe at the Macedonians on Instagram after they beat his current team today. 

Posted By: McCarthyy21
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:56pm
The Instagram has been deleted, what did he say? Definitely food for thought alright, no idea who he’ll end up with a senior level

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:57pm

Luxembourg finish bottom of their under19 qualifying group, while Sweden come third in a group with Scotland and Wales. 

Food for thought for young Ryan. 

He doesn’t seem too happy anyway and has taken a swipe at the Macedonians on Instagram after they beat his current team today. 

Luxembourg also failed to go to League C in the nations league

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:49pm
Declares for Ireland.

https://www.the42.ie/ryan-johnasson-ireland-committed-bayern-munich-4461181-Jan2019/?utm_source=shortlink" rel="nofollow - https://www.the42.ie/ryan-johnasson-ireland-committed-bayern-munich-4461181-Jan2019/?utm_source=shortlink

We have a seriously talented under-19s team with his inclusion.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:50pm
Bate me to it Thumbs Up

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:51pm
did he not bale out a few months ago?

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:55pm
Has anyone seen this guy play? Are we going by anything other than the fact that he plays for Bayern Munich?

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes but I told him Deco was staying with us.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes but I told him Deco was staying with us.
fair enough 

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Banjaxed
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by johnvonp johnvonp wrote:

Has anyone seen this guy play? Are we going by anything other than the fact that he plays for Bayern Munich?

I'm off the same thinking. But like Nolan at Inter, are opinions of potential based more on the club? 

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

I'm off the same thinking. But like Nolan at Inter, are opinions of potential based more on the club? 

Playing for Inter is probably not as impressive these days as it was 10-15 years ago, playing for Bayern Munich at any level is always impressive.

The kid is 17, trains with the first team and has played for them in preseason. He's obviously a decent prospect.

I recall someone on here watching him in action for our under-18s in a friendly vs Wales and he was supposedly very impressive. 

Posted By: UCDFAN
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 7:06pm

Trust your instincts.  It's the prestige of the club, often the League.  As you know mosts Fans chose FCs based on the prestige of the club and the League they play in.

After Edit: Nationality equals Behaviour is a big deal in Northern Europe mind.

-------------
www.ucdsupporters.ie

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:08pm

Hes a 17 year old who's training with the first team and played a few games in the summer for their first team. There is plenty of hype over Troy Parrott so it is good to see he will be committing to us and adding to our u19 team which already is quality.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:49pm
Great stuff. Plays in the same position as Rice so if things go wrong there it will hopefully soften the blow.

-------------
We're decent enough..

Posted By: mully_85
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:51pm
positive news

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:57pm
Speaks volumes for the lad and Tom Mohan. Must have fostered a very positive environment with that age group 

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:17pm
great stuff. Future looks very bright indeed . If even a couple of these lads we have at underage fulfil their potential we will have a very good side on our hands 

Posted By: Mr. Snrub
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
Don't remember there ever being this many prospects at U19 level, the future is bright!

-------------
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"

Posted By: Sullivinho
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
The great thing about this is that once the paperwork goes through, it's binding. Afaik, it's the same as the Grealish situation, only in our favor.

Posted By: cildaratown
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:39pm
Why would he not play for Sweden? Happy with the decision though.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:43pm
I spoke to his mother today. A lovely lady and he really enjoyed his time with the U19s.
He is certainly one granny rule player who is very much Irish. 

Posted By: doherty
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I spoke to his mother today. A lovely lady and he really enjoyed his time with the U19s.

Thats great. Why did he go off with luxembourg if he had such a great time tho.

Posted By: RobsYourUncle
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:50pm
Assuming he'll go in to the 19s at first but would be interesting to have him in with the 21s considering they've Sweden and Luxembourg in their group.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Born in Luxembourg and, like Rice, is dual nationality.  Well, triple even.
Perfectly entitled to test the waters in the country of his birth.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Maybe he had committed to them he would finish their u-21 campaign with them. 

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:55pm

I spoke to his mother today.
LOLLOLLOL

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

Assuming he'll go in to the 19s at first but would be interesting to have him in with the 21s considering they've Sweden and Luxembourg in their group.

He can't play 19s this year cause he played in same competition with Luxembourg.
So only 21s this year and eligible for 19s again next year

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm

Where in Ireland is the Mother from?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: 50%lesssugar&salt
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:27pm
Some part of Mullingar

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:34pm

Did I see a tweet today saying his mother is English born or Irish descent?

In that case he's also eligible for the Tans.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:39pm
No shes from the Midlands.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:39pm
Yes. His mother was born in England and moved to Ireland aged 10.
His mam's dad is from Mullingar and his granny from Clare.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:40pm
Can ask some Bayern tards if they have seen him play ?
A member of the Castlefinn posse strings to mind 😎😎😎

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:45pm

Yes. His mother was born in England and moved to Ireland aged 10.
His mam's dad is from Mullingar and his granny from Clare.

I wonder have they tried to contact him? They seem to love a good Bundesliga prospect in their youth teams at the moment.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:53pm
Not sure but once he plays for us, at any level, that's it as he has switched once already.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:42pm
Must love the Eire (Or whatever Swedish and Luxembourg people call us)

We might get too Euro 2024 or 2028 with the u19 potential 

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Was talking to that bayern season ticket holder we know about it says he  will watch him and report back. Said he would go in his finn harps jersey. You could switch colours and go see the young lad play LOL.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Strazdas
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:33am
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

He is of course eligible for Stephen Kenny's team right now (there is no lower age limit).

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 2:00am
The timing is interesting - had he not switched he may well have been lining out AGAINST our U21s in March! Weirdly now, his first match for us could be that very same U21 game against Luxembourg. (Though presumably he'll miss that one with the paperwork having to go through). 

Delighted he has declared for us.  God bless the power of the Irish Mammy. 

Is this the first Irish player to play a senior match for Bayern Munich?  

Posted By: Gerry Geary
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:56am
He is a number 10 ...correct ?

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

He is a number 10 ...correct ?

When he moved to Bayern they started to play him deeper in midfield and he's even play full back for them. Think he played all the summer friendlies as a RB for them. If he does make it at senior level you'd be hoping that he'd be playing alongside someone like Rice in midfield.

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:21am
We’ve got ourselves a “Wonderkid”. Rarer than unicorns. If Jack Grealish had a sex change and gave birth to Deco Rice’s triplets on the 29th of Feb, the third child is only 50/50 to be a “Wonderkid” Thats what we’re talking about here. A true miracle. 

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/boost-for-ireland-as-bayern-munich-wonderkid-ryan-johansson-pledges-international-future-to-boys-in-green-37752002.html" rel="nofollow - https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/boost-for-ireland-as-bayern-munich-wonderkid-ryan-johansson-pledges-international-future-to-boys-in-green-37752002.html

Posted By: Bham_McDermott
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:47am
When's the next U19 game he will be featuring in please?

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 8:44am
He can't  play for 19s this year as he is 'cup tied'

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 9:40am
I imagine he’ll  be in the 21s squad

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

I imagine he’ll  be in the 21s squad

I'd say you could be right as he was name dropped on Friday night by Stephen Kenny at the London RISSC Quiz night.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:34am
If just four or five of our current prospects aged twenty and under can live up to the hype then we’re in for a few very good years. 

Goalkeepers: Kelleher, Banzunu.

Defenders: Wilson, O’Connor, Nolan, Masterson (?) 

Midfielders: Coventry, Knight, Johansson, O’Connell, Bolger, Rice (??)

Attackers: Parrott, Idah, Cassidy, Connolly, McAuley, Obafemi, Ofalobi, Keena. 

I’m ignoring several lads here and discounting the likes of Dunne, Shaugnessy and Paudie O’Connor as they’re a bit further along in their development. 

But the majority of the above players are considered to be amongst the best prospects in their posistions at club level. 

Without getting carried away as we’ve been left disappointed by so many propsects over the years, but we could be on the verge of a golden generation and a young manager who likes to play decent football in Kenny, could work wonders. 

Question mark beside Masterson as his progress appears to be faltering a little of late.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:02pm

If just four or five of our current prospects aged twenty and under can live up to the hype then we’re in for a few very good years. 

I’m ignoring several lads here and discounting the likes of Dunne, Shaugnessy and Paudie O’Connor as they’re a bit further along in their development. 

But the majority of the above players are considered to be amongst the best prospects in their posistions at club level. 

Without getting carried away as we’ve been left disappointed by so many propsects over the years, but we
could be on the verge of a golden
generation and a young manager who likes to play decent football in Kenny, could work wonders. 

Question mark beside Masterson as his progress
appears to be faltering a little of late.

You’ve also got Molumby at Brighton, Sobowale at City , O’Reilly at Preston, and Connell if he stays with us

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Without getting carried away as we’ve been left disappointed by so many propsects over the years, but we
generation and a young manager who likes to play decent football in Kenny, could work wonders. 

You’ve also got Molumby at Brighton, Sobowale at City , O’Reilly at Preston, and Connell if he stays with us

Warren O'Hora doing well in the underage System at Brighton as well. 

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Probably the odd "late bloomer" too 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

And several LOI lads we’ve not even heard of yet.

Posted By: Howdo
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

And several LOI lads we’ve not even heard of yet.

Yip, Conor Whelan at Waterford FC is a huge talent

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:42pm
Jordan McEneff off Arsenal, Caoimhin Fowler and Danny Crowley, all havent been mentioned either, there is a lot of food attacking talent out there . If only a few of them make it we will have a good future .

Posted By: DeclanDaly
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:50pm
The promised of the Toulon next summer will be a big plus for this age group. Actually gives them something to work towards. Very excited by some of these kids

-------------
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"

Posted By: Bham_McDermott
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:31pm
O' Hare at Villa?

Posted By: Sullivinho
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

there is a lot of food attacking talent out there

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Was talking to that bayern season ticket holder we know about it says he  will watch him and report back. Said he would go in his finn harps jersey. You could switch colours and go see the young lad play LOL.

Kev
FFS.. switch colours ??? I bet that Red B tard put you up to it

Posted By: Bogumit
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:47pm
Great to see young talented players declaring.

Some exciting prospects to keep an eye on for the next 3-5 years

Posted By: johnvonp
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:11pm
'He's intelligent, tactically very capable and full of ambition': Bayern impressed by Irish-eligible teenager  http://the42.ie/4165267" rel="nofollow - http://the42.ie/4165267

Article from August that I had forgotten about, very promising

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:17am
Here he is playing for Bayern U19 against AEK Athens in the Uefa Youth League/Champions League. He's a year underage for that level. 

He comes on at 72 min and gets a very tidy assist.  Some other nice touches and good energy, making himself available for the ball all the time - a novel concept for Irish centre midfielders these days.  

A leggy player with a bit of a languid style .  He can clearly play, though gets caught out passing out from the back under pressure:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRY2ROJDrfQ " rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRY2ROJDrfQ  ;

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Trust your instincts.  It's the prestige of the club, often the League.  As you know mosts Fans chose FCs based on the prestige of the club and the League they play in.

Could you explain the bolded bit in actual plain English please?

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Could you explain the bolded bit in actual plain English please?

LOL

I agree, that makes no sense

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net