You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the fact that Woodgate didn’t bring him to Bournemouth and McCarthy didn’t bring him to Cardiff says a lot. 

It says everything. Even when he was playing, I never put him in the potential “coach/ manager” category.

Nice money if you can get it though! 
“ Borderline Covid denier and anti anti-racism” - so I am told!

DROGHEDA TIL I DIE!!
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

the fact that Woodgate didn’t bring him to Bournemouth and McCarthy didn’t bring him to Cardiff says a lot. 

It says everything. Even when he was playing, I never put him in the potential “coach/ manager” category.

Keane lives here afaik, maybe C19 has a bearing on things. Putting out the cones for training may not be regarded as essential travel.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

It would be good to see Robbie Keane back with a Championship club as coach or assistant manager. Or maybe in charge in League 1. Stephen Kenny didn't rate him - preferring/accepting a backroom of Kelly, Duff and Higgins, all of whom disappeared, and Keith what-the-fuk-does-he-do Andrews. Robbie's lack of appeal, apparently, is centred on him negotiating a good FAI contract. That some highly-qualified YBIG coaches/managers/pundits think he's unworthy is also a burden. 
What did you think of the goals?
The four against Craggy Island?
Is fearr Gaeilge briste ná Béarla clíste.
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:44pm

Woodgate was the failure at Middlesborough. McCarthy and Terry Connor are conjoined. To throw out the Boro one-year stint and McCarthy's non-snub as "saying everything" says nothing. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:52pm

Woodgate was the failure at Middlesborough. McCarthy and Terry Connor are conjoined. To throw out the Boro one-year stint and McCarthy's non-snub as "saying everything" says nothing. 

It says everything as to what we’ve seen so far from him. He’s hardly been head hunted now is he?

Loved Robbie as a player, was under rated imo, could never understand the stick he got as a player. Always thought he came across a decent fella too when he was playing. 

As a coach,I’d say he’ll be happy enough getting paid for his present gig, and may be waiting and waiting for the phone to ring after that.

Edited by Wheelo - 11 Jun 2021 at 2:52pm
“ Borderline Covid denier and anti anti-racism” - so I am told!

DROGHEDA TIL I DIE!!
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:27pm

It says everything as to what we’ve seen so far from him. He’s hardly been head hunted now is he?

Loved Robbie as a player, was under rated imo, could never understand the stick he got as a player. Always thought he came across a decent fella too when he was playing. 

As a coach,I’d say he’ll be happy enough getting paid for his present gig, and may be waiting and waiting for the phone to ring after that.
Fair enough, Wheelo. We'll disagree.  
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 6:37pm
I don't know if Keith Andrews is good, bad or indifferent but he was Kenny's choice, that's usually how management works. 

Keane has had very limited coaching and managerial work (was he player manager in India) so who knows he could be excellent. 

But Mr Brick why is Andrews cast as a what does he do but Keane as what are we missing out on? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I don't know if Keith Andrews is good, bad or indifferent but he was Kenny's choice, that's usually how management works. 

Keane has had very limited coaching and managerial work (was he player manager in India) so who knows he could be excellent. 

But Mr Brick why is Andrews cast as a what does he do but Keane as what are we missing out on? 
HH posted about Robbie goals and brick went into a rant about andrews😂😂 then craggy island! He runs them close for comedy gold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 188189190
  Share Topic