You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 181>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:07am
Think Brady needs a dose of reality and look at what Keogh did after his bad injury at Derby. Dropped a level to MK Dons and within six months was back up in the Championship and was picked up by Blackpool who were promoted to the championship this summer.

If Brady is holding out for a Premier League or a top four championship team he'll be waiting.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:11am
No, it would do the opposite. If he got through all those games without any re-occurrence of an injury this would help him get a longer term contract with a higher profile club.

It's a win win situation for any club if he stays relatively fit - as their getting a player for free and no doubt they'll be clauses in the contact to protect the club from hefty financial loss.

The deal could also be a combination of salary and appearances etc...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

RTE reporting that Swansea aren't interested which is a shame. I'd like him to remain in England and a decent championship move might have suited him (might have convinced Obafemi to re-commit alsoSmile). I don't think the mooted move to Turkey will help our cause. Robbie is still only 29 and there's no doubt that if can find form and fitness, then he has that spark that not many others in the squad have. Hopefully he sorts sthing decent sooner rather than later.

Hes finished. Nobody wants to touch him. Even when 'fit' he has looked miles off the pace of top flight or International football. Sure his form before his serious knee injury was similar to Hendrick, one decent game for every 10 bad ones. Hes massively over rated. Had one good season with Norwich in 2015/16 which coincided with his forum for us late 2015 - summer 2016.

Time to forget about him and McCarthy.

Think it’s a bit harsh myself. As recently as January he was playing v well for Burnley, was a regular and scored a great goal against Everton. Burnley fans seemed to be v impressed. Just seems his body couldn’t behave unfortunately! 

He has been rubbish for a very long time. That goal is one of his only goals in years. I would look back on him a bit more favourably pre injury but than Bandwagon but people have had their memories of his ability clouded by 2 or 3 decent performances at the Euros 5 years ago.

Says an awful lot that Burnley chose to offer a deal to 34 year old Aaron Lennon over him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:03am
I'm sure he would have received pay as you play offers from clubs down the divisions in England and possibly Scotland. He needs to sign for a UK club and play games this season if he still has intentions of getting back to a higher level. His previous injuries have limited his abilities though and he also seems to be prone to picking up new injuries and knocks so he needs to be realistic about his future - it's championship level at best.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:27am
Yep, needs regular injury free Championship football at a minimum to get back in to the Irish set up imo. I retain some hope as he has ability, but it's probably a long shot! If he goes to Turkey/USA for the money, then good luck to him, but it would be hard to justify including him in future squads if that is the case.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:32am

Yep, needs regular injury free Championship football at a minimum to get back in to the Irish set up imo. I retain some hope as he has ability, but it's probably a long shot! If he goes to Turkey/USA for the money, then good luck to him, but it would be hard to justify including him in future squads if that is the case.

Why would it be hard to justify him getting into a squad cause he went to Turkey or US. We've got guys getting in from League One. I know f**k all about Turkey but the MLS isn't the Mickey mouse league it used to be.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:41am
Out of sight, out of mind. He'd have to be ripping it up over there imo. Derrick Williams hasnt had a call up since going to the USA although tbf he was always quite a way down the pecking order. 
Idah Dream!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

RTE reporting that Swansea aren't interested which is a shame. I'd like him to remain in England and a decent championship move might have suited him (might have convinced Obafemi to re-commit alsoSmile). I don't think the mooted move to Turkey will help our cause. Robbie is still only 29 and there's no doubt that if can find form and fitness, then he has that spark that not many others in the squad have. Hopefully he sorts sthing decent sooner rather than later.

Hes finished. Nobody wants to touch him. Even when 'fit' he has looked miles off the pace of top flight or International football. Sure his form before his serious knee injury was similar to Hendrick, one decent game for every 10 bad ones. Hes massively over rated. Had one good season with Norwich in 2015/16 which coincided with his forum for us late 2015 - summer 2016.

Time to forget about him and McCarthy.

Think it’s a bit harsh myself. As recently as January he was playing v well for Burnley, was a regular and scored a great goal against Everton. Burnley fans seemed to be v impressed. Just seems his body couldn’t behave unfortunately! 

He has been rubbish for a very long time. That goal is one of his only goals in years. I would look back on him a bit more favourably pre injury but than Bandwagon but people have had their memories of his ability clouded by 2 or 3 decent performances at the Euros 5 years ago.

Says an awful lot that Burnley chose to offer a deal to 34 year old Aaron Lennon over him.
Again saw a lot of Robbie when he was at Burnley .
To be very honest he was on fire and the fans had taken to him , i recall he scored at Bournemouth in a mid week game from ouside of the box he was taking on defenders and beating them and putting in great crosses . All that changed in the next game or two at Leicester when he went down and since then he was really never the same if i am honest .
 A lot of the Burnley fans turned on him saying that he was a waste of a wage always injured and so on , now Dyche gave him an extra year ( did sign a 3 year contarct with an optian of another year ) to prove himself but alass not to be never go a real run , he never took on defenders as his speed seemed to have gone just looked out of sorts .
Now he said the right things when he left and the backroom staff were still looking after him for a short time .
 For me Robbie's moment was the free kick against Chelsea , i have the shirt what he wore that day on my wall at home .
Will always love him Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:43pm

Out of sight, out of mind. He'd have to be ripping it up over there imo. Derrick Williams hasnt had a call up since going to the USA although tbf he was always quite a way down the pecking order. 

He wouldn't have to be ripping it up. If he's fit and playing matches Kenny will pick him, none of our attacking players are really ripping up anywhere.

He's a senior international, don't think the media will let Kenny ignore a fit Brady playing senior football. Regardless of where he's playing. McClean is league one, as is Curtis, and Horgan. Long can't get a game but all will be in the next squad more than likely.

If Byrne's offer of MLS football is serious and Robbie still hasn't got a club at the end of January he should give Byrne a call and see if there's interest on bringing Brady in with him for a season. Then look to come back to England next January.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Kevin100 will be along any minute now to send Robbie out foreign. 

Isnt it great I'm memorable for some reason on this forum!!! 

Tbf Brady would make do with any club in a League of any reasonable standard this stage. Do we think he can manufacture a Championship move still?
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm
It looks like Brady's gamble to wait until the end of the window with the hope that a team would come along and sign him out of desperation hasnt worked. 

When is the last time he completed a full 90 minute game, Id say it must be a year ago at this stage. What club is going to take a chance on a player like that? 

Said it ages ago but will say it again. Its time this Ireland team moved on from Robbie Brady. It would be very foolish for Kenny to depend on a player whose legs have gone. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:10pm
The Ireland team will and has moved on from Brady.

However, if Brady does happen to find a new club and performs well then he can be considered again.

His inclusion should be based on merit.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 3:59pm

Kevin100 will be along any minute now to send Robbie out foreign

...like the UK? LOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:26pm

...like the UK? LOL

Do you mean Great Britain?
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:34pm

...like the UK? LOL

Clap
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 5:33pm

...like the UK? LOL

Nope UK.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:45pm

He ought to have signed a 6 month deal with a LOI side for the summer to.keep sharp.

With his injury problems and lack of game time season is a right off.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 181>
  Share Topic