URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=29304
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Robbie Brady
Posted By: sonofakeano
Subject: Robbie Brady
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 8:07pm
Lads,

I've consistently heard of this young lad from Manchester United being a great talent, although worryingly somewhat injury-prone. Have seen some footage of him for the United reserves and seems to be very skilled. And talk on this forum has suggested he may join the lads on the US Summer tour(not holding my breath for Trap to bring many of our up-and-comers).
Anyone in the know at United, or regular attendee at reserves games......is this kid all he's made out to be??

Replies:
Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:52am
Try doing a search SoaK

Thread all about him here.

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24547&KW=robbie+brady&title=robbie-brady - http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24547&KW=robbie+brady&title=robbie-brady

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:56am
What about the 2 Keanes in United youths?
Twins with one playing for us and the other england.
Think his auld lad would have a word

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:32am
Will Keane and Michael Keane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

Thats mad!

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:36am
The two keane boys played well the last day against chelsea (FA youth cup semi-fianl, second leg) one set the other up for a goal, brady has a great future according to the father who watches all the reserve and youth matches, tis the best youth team in england in a long time... playing their final against sheffield the day after the blackpool game in ot if anyones there for it

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:41am
According to a United forum, Will Keane is a great prospect, obviously we got stuck with the sh*ttier centre half Michael LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:47am
Paul McShane was a great prospect at United before... just a word of warning! tis awfully hard to judge young lads there, Macheda's done nothing since those few goals, Rossi has established himself infairness, Frazier Campbell looked hugely promising but injury hasnt helped.. the list goes on, although chris eagles did score for burnley the other night!

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:04am
Will Keane will be a decent player. Showing good signs of progression at Utd. Michael usually plays right back for the youths. Hes a lot smaller & lighter than his brother. You wouldnt even think they were twins.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:39am
They are identical no?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:31am
Cheers for the link, living in New Zealand so this is the best way to keep firmly in touch with all things ROI!
If Will is good hopefully he'll do a Ciaran Clark!

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 5:12am
Heard about this before alright. Looks like we got the dud of the two. Be great if he could join his brother, probably would have done it already by now though

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 2:58am
Signed a new 2&1/2 year contract with Utd yesterday
Worth about 10grand a week,Fergie obviously keen to hold on to him

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 3:14am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Is he going back to United for second half of season or staying at Hull. I see he came on as sub the other day. He hasn't got a start since Nick Barmby took over Hull.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 3:24am
Loan is finished and he's back at Utd
He was sent off twice fir Hull( 1 in reserves) in Dec
So had a ban and didn't get a start then
Probably will get game time in Europa

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 4:11am
Going on loan to Sunderland from what I hear

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:00am
couldnt get a look in under barmby after a bright start.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:05am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

not a huge indication of fergies intentions, often players are signed up, given a few run outs and sold for a few million, the fact they came from united just adds weight to their transfer value. Saying that there is no doubt the lad has bags of skill and ability, and a good crossing ability, he also seems to have that brash fearlessness in his play that is evident in alot of the top wingers.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:27am
Time will tell

-------------

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:44am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

They are identical no?

yeah but apart from that you wouldnt think they were twins LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:59am

Sunderland would he get much game time

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:11am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Going on loan to Sunderland from what I hear
was certainly linked with Sunderland when Bruce was in charge, but I haven't heard anything since O'Neill took over

Posted By: Pauldaly1984
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:24am
it says on will keanes wiki page that his twin michael played for ireland underage but has now declared for england. anyone know anymore about this//??

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:03am
Hopefully he gets a move as he needs to be playing. Should at least get a championship club, he done well at the start with Hull.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:29am
He did very well for Hull up till November. There was talk of Kieran Richardson moving on to Arsenal in the Rest of the World thread - so maybe Brady could be seen as a loan stop gap. He would seriously need to play really well (if he was loaned to Sunderland) to even get a look in from Trap

Brady has been excellent from the reports I've read on Ireland under 21 games, so the senior managament will at least be very familiar with him.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 8:33am
I dont see this happening especially since the introduction of McClean into the starting 11.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: BigB
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:31am

Brady is for the future.  Would not be surprised to see him go on loan with a prem club after his excellent stint with Hull.  Lot of great talk about him in the Championship.  Several clubs after him for loan for rest of season including Leicester and Cardiff, and obviously Hull.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

it says on will keanes wiki page that his twin michael played for ireland underage but has now declared for england. anyone know anymore about this//??
Keane played for the U19's in a friendly last September - http://www.fai.ie/international/senior-men/102012-u-19-squad-unveiled-for-slovenia-friendlies.html - http://www.fai.ie/international/senior-men/102012-u-19-squad-unveiled-for-slovenia-friendlies.html - but turned down a call up to the U19 squad for the qualifiers in Bosnia in October

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:23am
Barmby is keen to re-sign him on loan

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 12:34pm

Reports in the media today that Brady has signed a 2 year deal at Man Utd and will again be loaned out.

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 1:59pm
Is this a Keane or Brady thread. Who are these Keanes and why are they on the Robbery threadSmile 

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 2:08pm
You're right Trapcandoit, I think most people on here are Keane on Robbie!

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: ilovetrap
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 2:11pm
why doesnt fergie just play brady?cos the lads he is  playing are pure crap.

-------------
I ARE GIMP

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 4:31pm
He may get in the team after tonight

Posted By: ilovetrap
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 4:58pm
they might even take mcshane back after toniteTongue

-------------
I ARE GIMP

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 3:45pm
Brady is back in the Hull first team and got the assist for first goal

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
Winner for Hull today

-------------

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm
Scored what could be the winner todayClap

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:19pm
Good to hear Brady back scoring, It has been a while since his last goal,

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:01am
He has been struggling to get a start since Pearson left. Don't think that red card helped a while back

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:16am
Im a united fan lads but i have to plead ignorance on what is robbie brady's main role/position.He's got good press in the Irish media but the reputable United We Stand fanzine i subscribe to, which is pretty good at giving info on up and coming players for the future hasen't really said anything about him in their reserves coverage (maybe because he's not english).Basically form what you ve seen or know yourselves is he looking like something special or a grafter?   

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:38am
Like mourinho... Special

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:40am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Im a united fan lads but i have to plead ignorance on what is robbie brady's main role/position.He's got good press in the Irish media but the reputable United We Stand fanzine i subscribe to, which is pretty good at giving info on up and coming players for the future hasen't really said anything about him in their reserves coverage (maybe because he's not english).Basically form what you ve seen or know yourselves is he looking like something special or a grafter?   

In the three words.....'the new duffer' Big smile

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:30am
The Jury is still out.

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:37pm
I have to say every game that I have seen him play in, he looks dangerous. I don't give easy praise, but I fancy this guy to come good.

Posted By: stokes78
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:42pm
This is the first season since he went to England that he has actually had a long run without injuries and played 10-15 games in a row. I think that might be why united fans dont have a lot to say about him. Problem may be next season in does he stay at championship level or hopefully get loan to premiership club will he be a drinkwater or a cleverley?

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:02pm
He's playing for Hull,not Utds reserves so that would explain that one
Time will tell if he's good enough to make it at top level
Signs look good so far

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:07pm

goal online here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/reading-0-hull-1/" rel="nofollow - http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/reading-0-hull-1/

Tidy finish, comical defending though

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 3:46pm
Yes, there were like 3 hull players running though on goal. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: Bibi Baskin
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:12pm
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Jan/will-keane-and-michael-keane-have-international-ambitions.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Jan/will-keane-and-michael-keane-have-international-ambitions.aspx

Posted By: greengiant
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Bibi Baskin Bibi Baskin wrote:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Jan/will-keane-and-michael-keane-have-international-ambitions.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Jan/will-keane-and-michael-keane-have-international-ambitions.aspx
f**K that!!...that Michael fella looks as Irish as be damned!!!

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:29pm
Here we were hoping that we could get the brother Michael to convince Will to play for us!
If their heart is elsewhere though then good luck to them. Shame though

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:52pm
I wish them well , it obviously wasn't an easy choice especially for Michael given that he played for us underage a few times. If we happen to see the two chaps getting released by Man United further down the line , will they be looking to declare for us it could very well happen!

Anyway isn't it worth mentioning that the likes of Brady who have been talked about by Trap in the media , where he was stated that if his good club form continue's he could be linking up with the team on Feb 26th. 

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:57pm
Shame alright, especailly with the players named Keane seen to be good playing in an Irish jersy, Hopefully 1 of their Irish Grandparents might have a word in their ear for a U turn. HAHA 

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:08pm
The Under-19s have got a friendly against Czech Republic and I've been told that, hopefully, I'll be involved in that.

not fun reading, what ever about will, michael would find it tough to make an england breakthrough, could see him back yet

Posted By: trapnoclue
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:40pm
how stupid are lads on here hopeing they might change their minds and play for us,they have picked england they are english and thats grand,be fcked if their going to be welcomed to play for ireland if and when they dont make it with england!

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:41pm
on robbie brady he would def offer more to the squad than hunt!

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:53pm
anyone else hear Kilbane on Newstalk at the weekend?
According to him, Brady is ready for the Premier League and thinks he's going to be a wonderful player in future

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:20pm
If they've made their choice now when they had the offer to play for either then they should stick to it. So that is it with them in my eyes. But again, I say good luck to them.

On Robbie Brady, I haven't seen too much of him. Was following him a lot at the start when he first moved, anyone know how he has been doing? was he playing every game?

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 5:33pm
Brady was on form for the U-21s last year, scoring afew goals & causing defences alot of problems.I seems to be playing & starting regular enough, havent heard how he playing though, can't be playing badly if he's in the starting 11 alot

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 3:06am
There English and have made their decision, time to move on.

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 4:08am
Disappointing but hardly surprising given our youth set up compared to England's

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 5:27pm
Brady scored for hull there today, I think he was out injured for a while but good to see him back & scoring also

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 5:33pm
Should be in the squad for the euros! Trap should be gone if he isnt!

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: Predator
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 5:40pm
Brady will be playing regularly in the Premier League before long and when he is, he will be a mainstay in our squad, as he is currently in the U21 squad. He is unlike any of our current wingers in my view. He is technically outstanding, has a tremendous shot and cross. His vision is excellent. He's also a hard worker and tracks back very well, as well as being strong in the air. 

-------------
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

Brady will be playing regularly in the Premier League before long and when he is, he will be a mainstay in our squad, as he is currently in the U21 squad. He is unlike any of our current wingers in my view. He is technically outstanding, has a tremendous shot and cross. His vision is excellent. He's also a hard worker and tracks back very well, as well as being strong in the air. 

If that is the case then why does he hardly ever complete 90 mins?
Something is a miss with his performances I reckon.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:30pm
In the games I saw him play in in the flesh for Ireland, he completed the full 90. He has been brilliant in the games I've watched. In terms of how he fits in at Hull, I couldn't tell you to be honest. Perhaps it's a tactical thing. We shall see.

-------------

Posted By: Trapcandoit
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 8:13pm
Clap
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Brady scored for hull there today, I think he was out injured for a while but good to see him back & scoring also

Great to hear.  I can see this kid getting a call-up to the seniors sooner than a lot of people may think.  He knows how to achieve.
  He did a lot more than just pick up an award the other week.  He obviously took on board the comments Trap and Tardelli made about MacClean when they said that the main reason for his (McClean's) call-up was down to the fact that he was scoring- it was a "signal" to them.
  I also think he could be the better of the two but both could easily fit into the same team.  Go RobbieClap

-------------
5 goals to go Robbie!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:25am
Better prospect than McClean in my opinion

Posted By: ThrowInDelap
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Elaborate. Stats etc..?

-------------
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

In the games I saw him play in in the flesh for Ireland, he completed the full 90. He has been brilliant in the games I've watched. In terms of how he fits in at Hull, I couldn't tell you to be honest. Perhaps it's a tactical thing. We shall see.

Under 21's is a different story than the EPL or senior international football.
Loads of players who play at under 21 level don't push on and establish themselves in the senior side.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Under 21's is a different story than the EPL or senior international football.
Loads of players who play at under 21 level don't push on and establish themselves in the senior side.
I'm well aware of the fact that many do not push on after U21 level in Ireland and I am aware that U21 international football, by definition, is different to the EPL and senior international football.

I do, however, think that competitive U21 international football is worthwhile and that it should not be so readily dismissed - it should be, and is, acknowledged alongside a player's club form. I met a well known Chelsea scout at a recent U21 game who was on his way to the Northern Ireland v Serbia game the following night. It is all taken into consideration. There is a reason why Noel King is charged with the task of recommending to Trapattoni and Tardelli potential additions to the senior squad. At a guess, I'd say that's why Conor Clifford - who hasn't been playing much - made it into a recent squad as a late call up.

You say you've followed Brady at Hull; out of interest, how many games have you watched and what would you say about his performances and contribution? I have only seen some highlights in that regard, but a quick glance at stats shows me that in league competition, he has made more than double the appearances that McClean has, scoring 3 providing one assist. Have you seen any of his performances for the U21s or U19s? His contribution there, I can say for certain, has been outstanding.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ThrowInDelap ThrowInDelap wrote:

Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Elaborate. Stats etc..?

I don't have any stats, I can just go by what I've seen, and I feel Brady looks like more of a threat. McClean is a big physical player, and while he is pacey and possesses a decent cross, I think he's a bit predictable at times. Like Coleman, he's a hard worker, but I don't think he is as composed on the ball as Brady. I think Brady could become a real star for us. They're different granted, and at this moment it's McClean who making the headlines, but I think Brady has the potential to go further. Just my opinion.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:39pm
Not sure if this is posted somewhere else but Michael Keane gets England call up

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Apr/michael-keane-gets-first-england-call-up.aspx

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:47pm
Watched brady yesterday when he came on for last 20 mins or so against west ham. Really changed game played centrally and started to get hull into the game and creating chances. What do people think of his season? I think he has had his best year since he joined utd injury wise which is great. From seeing him play with the 21s I think he will end up playing centrally either as a withdrawn no 10 or if he can develop the stamina as the offensive player in a three man midfield. I think it would be great f he went on season long loan again next year especially if he could get a premiership side. would hate to see him stuck at utd gettin runs in the cups and abuse off utd fans like gibson when he plays once every 10 games.

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:55pm
Am I right in saying he was unable in break into the starting 11 in all his time at Hull?

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:58pm
He started well, if I recall correctly, when Nigel Pearson was managing. When he left, things weren't as rosy for Robbie.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:10pm
he started 26 games and came on as sub in 15 games. That is huge for him as each year at utd he had nasty injuries which limited him to much less games.

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:28am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Am I right in saying he was unable in break into the starting 11 in all his time at Hull?

Incorrect. 

Started more than he didn't which isn't bad going for a lad in his 1st year of senior football. A red card and a bit of a falling out with Barmby would have seen him play more

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:10am
http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2012/07/14/3241144/robbie-brady-set-to-make-manchester-united-squad-for-pre" rel="nofollow - http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2012/07/14/3241144/robbie-brady-set-to-make-manchester-united-squad-for-pre

Thumbs Up

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2012/07/14/3241144/robbie-brady-set-to-make-manchester-united-squad-for-pre" rel="nofollow - http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2012/07/14/3241144/robbie-brady-set-to-make-manchester-united-squad-for-pre

Thumbs Up

"will definitely go out on loan again"

I'd like to see him going out to a Premier League club on loan this season..... that's the path Cleverley and Welbeck went down, first at a Championship club, then a Premier League club, then into the first team squad, and it appears both of them are going to stay for a while (although Cleverley has been unlucky with injuries). If we see Brady at a Premier League club this year, it'll be a sign Fergie has faith in him. If he goes back to the Championship..... I'm not so sure. Somewhere like Wigan or Sunderland or even Southampton would look a good fit to me.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 1:41am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Thumbs Up

"will definitely go out on loan again"

I'd like to see him going out to a Premier League club on loan this season..... that's the path Cleverley and Welbeck went down, first at a Championship club, then a Premier League club, then into the first team squad, and it appears both of them are going to stay for a while (although Cleverley has been unlucky with injuries). If we see Brady at a Premier League club this year, it'll be a sign Fergie has faith in him. If he goes back to the Championship..... I'm not so sure. Somewhere like Wigan or Sunderland or even Southampton would look a good fit to me.

I seen the "out on loan bit" , but still it can only be good for him that Fergie plans to use him even if it only pre-season imo.

Yeah your probably right with regards to what division he'll be playing in , still a high end Championship club may not be a bad thing either once he's getting game time. 

-------------

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:09am
Down in our local tonight.

Needs a Prem loan move to kick on I think

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 2:54pm
Ya needs a PL loan move like Welbeck and Cleverley.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:27pm
should be in squad offers more than hunt and he is the future.

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:35pm
Seen this lad play for united in Milk Cup, he was the stand out player in the whole tournament. If he fulfills his potential he will be a superstar.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Down in our local tonight.

Needs a Prem loan move to kick on I think

+1

-------------

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 9:27am
Hes in the squad for the pre season tour

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 10:08am
Apparently hes gonna start tomorrow nights game at left back

-------------

Posted By: dublin-hammer
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 10:43am
he will defo start tomorrow

-------------
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 11:24am
Sir Alex
"Brady is an outside-left but we believe there's a possibility he will develop into a left-back. It's an area which we're paying attention to as Patrice Evra has played an average of 45 games in the last few seasons. So it's important for Fabio to get experience at QPR because, touch wood, Evra is never injured."

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 1:11pm
strange one trying him out as a LB.  anytime i have seen Brady play its all about his flair.  playing LB will certainly develop the defensive side of his game.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 2:43pm
Would be great if he got some first team game time at left back for united or even if he needs to move on 

Ashley cole glen johnson etc started off as wingers no reason brady cant do the same

Would be great to get a strong left back as ward just doesnt cut it at international level imo

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 2:44pm
No harm in trying the kid out of at Left Back imo , if it doesn't work so be it but if it does happy days!

-------------

Posted By: ProfesserGreenPaul
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 6:33pm
Best of luck to him playing left back, he will have more chance playing for Man Utd if he can play at the back as every year they seem to get a lot of injuries there, cant see him starting much in Utd's midfield, Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher have all played a few games in UTD's back for last 2 years so be good experience for him. I do remember Steve Finnan started out either as forward or attacking player. I remember Pederson at Bolton an out and out striker yet Bolton played him as left back for while to, fingers crossed for himApprove

-------------
Trapnoclue wants to marry Paul Green

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 7:52pm
delighted for him. can't wait to see him now. don't want to tempt fate but....denis irwin Thumbs Up

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 7:58pm
Robbie Brady future left back and Aidy White future left wingShocked

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 8:18pm
What time is their match and who is it against?

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 8:48pm
I can see why left back is a possibility for RB, he is quick, mobile and aggressive. He is also decent in the air. Him and Aidy White on the wing would be like an episode of Roadrunner!

Posted By: dublin-hammer
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What time is their match and who is it against?

There playing Amazulu at 7 our time. Think it's on mutv

-------------
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 8:54pm
Wouldn't imagine the kid has a defensive bone in his body
Too much natural attacking talent from what I've seen of him

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net