Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rob Elliot Goalkeeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 10:44am
Yeah Darlow is number one and isn't doing too badly, Sels who was brought in has been dodgy kind of similar to Karius in my eyes, new league which he needs to get used to I still rate him

A few quotes from Rob below:

“It’s just nice to be back, nice to play a game and nice to get it right in my own head. I’d like to crack on now and get back closer to the first team and just put the injury behind me. What’s nice is that we’ve got a team playing so well and Karl’s doing really well, so if I’m waiting my turn it’s because the team’s doing well.

“I want to keep getting stronger and stronger with Simon (Smith) [Goalkeeping Coach] and really crack on in the New Year.”

“I just thought it was typical. I conceded just before I got injured and then I conceded again without touching the ball.

“Still, that’s football. It’s a funny game. A year ago I was barely involved with the first team so to be back playing, back involved with the first team and having signed a long-term contract and being part of the plans I’m just delighted.

“I can’t thank people at the club enough for supporting me and getting behind me. It’s just brilliant that we’ve got a club where they really look after you.

“Being a bit on the outside I’ve seen the shift in the club from the outside and I’m even more desperate to be part of it. It’s a really good place to be and I just can’t wait to be a part of it again.”
Sponsored Links

Lodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:28am
Was expecting him to start the other night but only made the bench.
Ajax considering sending Krul back to Newcastle, has barely played at all there.  Could lead to Rob being frozen out.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 10:15am
Thought he may have played myself, but he is still working his way back. I'm not too sure about the Krul story asked a Dutch Ajax supporter I work with and he says that it is a non runner, current keeper is doing well  enough to keep his place (similar to say how Darlow is doing ) it was one of the reasons he didn't go to the African Cup of Nations as Krul is breathing down his neck that he is back in full training he says he expects Krul to stay and if the young guy makes a mistake between now and end of the season Krul will come in.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thought he may have played myself, but he is still working his way back. I'm not too sure about the Krul story asked a Dutch Ajax supporter I work with and he says that it is a non runner, current keeper is doing well  enough to keep his place (similar to say how Darlow is doing ) it was one of the reasons he didn't go to the African Cup of Nations as Krul is breathing down his neck that he is back in full training he says he expects Krul to stay and if the young guy makes a mistake between now and end of the season Krul will come in.
He didn't go because he wasn't picked, otherwise FIFA would be all over Ajax and rightly so.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He didn't go because he wasn't picked, otherwise FIFA would be all over Ajax and rightly so.

But he was similar to Matip that he asked not to be picked

http://www.eurosport.com/football/african-cup-of-nations/2017/cameroon-players-shun-african-nations-cup_sto5988708/story.shtml
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 11:22am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

But he was similar to Matip that he asked not to be picked

http://www.eurosport.com/football/african-cup-of-nations/2017/cameroon-players-shun-african-nations-cup_sto5988708/story.shtml
It really is a countdown to the end of international football, enjoy t while you can!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 2:03pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 3:14pm
Was on the bench on Saturday against Wolves as far as I know Sels wasn't injured
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 7:34am
Darlow made a absolute howler of a mistake for Cameron's goal last night, might be time for Rob to step in
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 9:02am
Happy days. If he could get back into the team before the end of the season we could be looking at having two starting Prem keepers next August hopefully.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 12:26pm
Three, even, given that Wednesday a currently occupying one of the playoff spots.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:52pm
Starts tonight
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 6:59pm
Good to hear
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
Randolph has been brilliant for us. Don't think MON will drop him regardless of being benched at WHU.

Ps, Prop?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Randolph has been brilliant for us. Don't think MON will drop him regardless of being benched at WHU.

Ps, Prop?
Very similar to that other lemon on here Gooba or gluebag whatever his name is
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:30pm
Rob Elliot is our best goalkeeper, hands down when he's on form. I don't trust Randolph either.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 6:49am
Another Irish  goalkeeper in the PL next season Clap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 9:02am
Done well last night, didn't have too much to do mind, Great save from Johnson unlucky for the goal. The one thing I noticed differently from Darlow was that Elliot was vocal, something which I think Darls isn't really.

He is the best keeper at the club at the moment (I rate Krul higher) so could well be number 1 next season. Will be very interesting to see 1) if he plays the remaining two games 2) what happens with goalkeeping situation next year as Newcastle will have 4 keepers on the books who would feel they could be number 1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
  Share Topic