Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43354
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rob Elliot Goalkeeper
Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Subject: Rob Elliot Goalkeeper
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 10:39pm
Played his first PL game for newcastle today. Got an assist and made a few decent saves. anybody know much about him? Wiki says he's former under 19 international. this true? How does he qualify?

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Replies:
Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:25pm
http://www.98fm.com/2013/category-news-sport/category-sport/elliot-ireland-2013-2602/" rel="nofollow - Going to be in next squad, according the The Star.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:28pm
No, it says he will be called for the squad for the England game. 

Haven't seen him, but think it shows the management are not convinced by Forde, having seemingly already lost faith in Westwood for no apparent reason. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:30pm
Is Bunn not getting called up now?

Posted By: Stoked Up
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

No, it says he will be called for the squad for the England game. 

Haven't seen him, but think it shows the management are not convinced by Forde, having seemingly already lost faith in Westwood for no apparent reason. 

Yep, meant to say the summer friendlies squads...
Can't do us any harm to have another 'keeper at this level.
Looks like he's leaped ahead of Bunn too.

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Is Bunn not getting called up now?
Bunn is worse than Forde and Forde looked dodgy in the loi. Hope this kid is the sh*t as we need someone and quick

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 5:14pm
Isn't up to it to be honest. Got a worldy of a move to Newcastle from Charlton but that was strictly as a backup. No chance he will ever challenge Krul. 

If Westwood is out of the picture, we are seriously struggling in the goalkeeping department

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: Slow & Blind
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:07pm
Elliott played very well on Sunday . His kicking and throwing out were impressive .

Westwood is the best of what we have at moment . Forde is very poor and not an international keeper .

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 6:39pm
What happened to Ryan Meara?

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

What happened to Ryan Meara?

Plus Wan 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
Nick Colgan still a pro player Cool

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 7:54pm
Have to agree with everyone, still think Westwood as the best of an average bunch

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Isn't up to it to be honest. Got a worldy of a move to Newcastle from Charlton but that was strictly as a backup. No chance he will ever challenge Krul. 

If Westwood is out of the picture, we are seriously struggling in the goalkeeping department

Any truth you are getting a call bluey Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Any truth you are getting a call bluey Wink

They say there's no better shop window than a fan's international!!

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:09pm
To be fair I think a few of the sex shops on Capel Street are probably better.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 8:27pm
He's OK but as a few have already said backup for Krul

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 11:21pm
Can't see why we shouldn't explore every avenue, Bunn is due a call up to imo! No need what's happening with Ryan Meara, he was supposed to be in Carlow over Christmas but i don't think he came over in the end. I'll ask my mate to see if he can give him an answer on whether he want's to play for us or America.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 1:02am
I don't think Bunn is a bad option in fairness. I'd prefer have a keeper who is (currently) playing week in-week out in the top flight than anyone else.

Technically, I think Westwood is the best option we have but he's not playing and is miles behind Mingolet (who by the way is a top, top keeper).

Just done a bit of trainspotting on 3rd and 4th tier European nation's goalkeepers to see where they are playing.

Lithuania: 1st choice for Gaizantespor - Top league in Turkey
Latvia: 1st choice for FC Sion - Top league in Switzerland
Albania: 1st choice for Chievo (on loan from Palermo) - Top league in Italy
Bulgaria: 1st choice for FC Twente - Top league in Holland
Slovenia: 1st choice for Inter Milan - Top league in Italy

The worrying thing is that we've nobody coming through as such and we haven't got many young keepers at big English clubs. That's just my take though

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:44am
I think Henderson and Randolph both have potential. I could see the latter getting a move soon, he is the number 1 for the number 2 team in the SPL at the minute Wink . I think Westwood is wildly underrated though, definitely a top tier goalkeeper.

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 11:13am
The keeper situation is a worry but i personally feel Randolph deserves a start as he's playing regularly and has a good chance of staking a permanent claim.  The rumour in Scotland is he is going to Celtic as Forester is leaving in the summer.  If he can play Champions League football it would be a serious boost to him. 

Westwood for me is a great keeper but unfortunately when he was a free he choose Sunderland over Celtic as Lennon wanted him but Sunderland paid bigger wages.  When you look at the seasons Forester has had and exposure as an Irishman it always bugs me that it could have been Westwood.  Lennon tried to sign him when he was in the final year of his contract but Bothroyd wouldn't sell him which is why he took Forester for a 2nd year on loan as he'd hoped Westwood would come for free.  I'd still love to see him at Celtic but Randolph will be a cheaper, safer option and maybe a better keeper seeing as he's played regularly in recent years. 

I don't see Elliott or Bunn getting a game as they're essentially back up keepers not fighting for the jersey.  Elliott and randolph were at Charlton together by the way! 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 11:52am

Embarrassed

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Embarrassed

Its what we call it in the trade Wink

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 3:24pm
Is this Elliot lad second choice Newcastel keeper? Krul has been linked with moves elsewhere

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Is this Elliot lad second choice Newcastel keeper? Krul has been linked with moves elsewhere

Steve harper is out with a knee injury at the moment but is pushing on . Elliot is probably second choice .

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Steve harper is out with a knee injury at the moment but is pushing on . Elliot is probably second choice .
As stated Steve Harper is out injured and is 37-38, Elliot is 26.

Krul is out injured for next three weeks so Eliott will get a run of games, but as soon as Krul is back he'll prob be back in goal.

In terms of transfer he was linked with AC Milan in January, but no bid came in and he even stated himself that he is happy at newcastle but who knows

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:14am
Elliot  has  played in Europe and in the cups  this  season and  in every  game  he  has  been  solid, his  1st  PL game  was  against  Southampton last  weekend, he did  well, amazing  stop  from Lamberts  free kick,Krul  may  be out   for  up  to  5  weeks  so he will  get plenty of game  time,Harper is  3rd  choice,Pardew has made that  clear,Harper will be on the coaching  staff in the next few  years so Elliot  is the 1st choice  back up  to Krul who  signed a 5  year contract last year so he wont be going anywhere for a while.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Dunne23
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:31am
I know it's a fan blog, but it seems that most agree that Elliot is the superior keeper in some respects

http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/02/25/rob-elliot-better-than-tim-krul-in-some-aspects-of-his-game/" rel="nofollow - https://www.nufcblog.com/2013/02/25/rob-elliot-better-than-tim-krul-in-some-aspects-of-his-game/

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:57pm

Embarrassed

it doesn't even make sense. Is 'worldy' not supposed to be short for world class  and used by such masters of the language as Paul Merson? How is that relevant to a move to Newcastle?

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

I know it's a fan blog, but it seems that most agree that Elliot is the superior keeper in some respects

http://www.nufcblog.com/2013/02/25/rob-elliot-better-than-tim-krul-in-some-aspects-of-his-game/" rel="nofollow - https://www.nufcblog.com/2013/02/25/rob-elliot-better-than-tim-krul-in-some-aspects-of-his-game/

The grammar and spelling from that blog is shocking, not surprising a Mag wrote it though Wink

On a serious note, i very much hope we look at Elliot mainly because we are a small nation who should take any EPL option seriously in order to beef up our playing pool. I also hope he concedes bucket loads of goals over the next 5 or so weeks Big smile

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:20pm

Embarrassed

it doesn't even make sense. Is 'worldy' not supposed to be short for world class  and used by such masters of the language as Paul Merson? How is that relevant to a move to Newcastle?

Well seeing as he went from Charlton in League 1 on maybe 3 or 4 grand a week to Premier League Newcastle on a 5 year deal probably earning up to 20 grand a week would be a worldy for me. 

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:30pm
You are a semi-literate ****.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:54pm

You are a semi-literate ****.

Because I said "worldy"? Confused

Do you not use any slang or are you the perfect speaker?

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:35pm
Blueman ya might organise a 'wordly' of a move from a semi pro outfit in Canada yourself!

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Blueman ya might organise a 'wordly' of a move from a semi pro outfit in Canada yourself!

We only hit our peak in our 30s. Bit of time yet Wink

-------------

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Posted By: connordonegal
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 6:18pm
starting against anzhi in europa league today

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 6:58pm
Great  performance tonight  in Moscow tonight! Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Great  performance tonight  in Moscow tonight! Clap
few decent saves tonight alright in Moscow alright tonight

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 7:50pm
Just avoided disaster when he punched that ball onto the top of the net but other than that he did well.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 7:59pm
How long is Krul out for?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

How long is Krul out for?

About another 2 or 3 weeks I think.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 10:30pm
Krul is a good keeper, will he come straight back in, considering Elliot is playing at the same time as Newcastle are finally getting their season going??

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 8:19am

Krul is a good keeper, will he come straight back in, considering Elliot is playing at the same time as Newcastle are finally getting their season going??

Yes .Unfortunately for him Krul would be straight back in .

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 10:18am

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

We only hit our peak in our 30s. Bit of time yet Wink

you'll be hitting your riding peak out in canada blue man but i reckon thats it LOLClap

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 5:23pm
How did he get on today?

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 12:53am
Another clean sheet tonight . Didn't have much to do but could be a future option . Distribution was good .

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 1:49am
Bring him in along with Bunn we need all the help we can get.

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 7:53am
Krul is due back this weekend and if not he will certainly be back after the international break and will go straight back into the team.

He was named in the Dutch squad for the games against Estonia and Romania AFAIK.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 10:49pm
Krul out for the season. Elliot will get a good run now. Not at fault for either goal.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 May 2013 at 6:46pm
Sent Off today,Confused 2 Yellow cards, 2nd was a bit silly.

-------------

Posted By: Shamrock
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 12:01am
Wants to play for Ireland according to Alan Kelly which is great to hear.

Both him and Mark Bunn are very good keepers and I'd imagine we'll see them in Green in the future.

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:33am
Bunn should be in this squad....better than Forde.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:58am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Bunn lost his place in the Norwich team. Forde plays week in week out and this thread is about Rob Elliot so give it a rest.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:40am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Bunn lost his place in the Norwich team. Forde plays week in week out and this thread is about Rob Elliot so give it a rest.

Well is our squad was picked on first team appearances we would be in trouble both Elliot and Bunn are better than Forde.
If what I have to say doesn't intrest you DON'T respond...easy really.

Posted By: packiesglove
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:50am
would elliott not be in line to be newcastle's no.1 next season if krul moves on. if so this lad could be our first choice in months ?

-------------
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

would elliott not be in line to be newcastle's no.1 next season if krul moves on. if so this lad could be our first choice in months ?

I would imagine he would be in with a shout. However, he has only been playing first team premier league football since February and Pardew might see that as a risk.

Whatever happens Newcastle will be bringing in one keeper at least as Harper is definately leaving the club.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

I would imagine he would be in with a shout. However, he has only been playing first team premier league football since February and Pardew might see that as a risk.

Whatever happens Newcastle will be bringing in one keeper at least as Harper is definately leaving the club.

I don't think krul will be sold in the summer because no club wants a injured keeper after an operation . I think Elliot is good enough to play in the premier league for Newcastle but krul is better and while he's around Elliot will be on the bench . Elliotts distribution and kicking accuracy are excellent .

Jak alnwick will replace harper I think .

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:04pm
Should get a start tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 9:49pm
Fantastic performance from him tonight Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 11:07pm

Fantastic performance from him tonight Clap

Here, here. Clap

We have a very good seletcion of keepers when you think about it.

The likes of Robert Elliot, Mark Bunn, Paddy Kenny and Joe Murphy just to mention a few who arent/havent been in squads lately.

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 11:50pm
just watched the highlights there he seemed to be the busier of the keepers in the 1st half and newcastle would of definately been behind if it wasnt for him

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 1:40am
He may get a start against Fulham tomorrow, Krul is injured.

-------------

Posted By: BaileNuisBhoy
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 2:26am
Played well Wednesday night so no worries.

-------------
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!

Posted By: mccarticus
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 7:37am
I know he has a youth cap but has this chap actually declared?

-------------
Sheedy wins it back, Sheedy shoots....

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 8:57am
He informed FAI last season about wanting to line out for us.

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 2:37pm
On the bench today, Krul starts.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 3:10pm

He informed FAI last season about wanting to line out for us.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/toons-elliot-keen-to-wear-green-29143469.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/toons-elliot-keen-to-wear-green-29143469.html

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 9:46pm
After getting a call up as Randoplh is injured.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 2:34am
Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 11:26am
Good to see Rob get a call up very good keeper, only infortunate as many say on here that he has Tim Krul ahead of him in Newcastle team.

Posted By: musicinmouth
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:34pm
How does he compare to Forde, Westeood, Randolph, Henderson?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by musicinmouth musicinmouth wrote:

How does he compare to Forde, Westeood, Randolph, Henderson?
Put it this way I have never blamed him for any goal he has conceded at Newcastle, has always impressed me never seen too much of Randolph and Henderson so can't compare with those lads.

But in terms of shot stopping he is very good, decent distribution not as commanding coming for crosses as Forde would be.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 3:01pm
Should get a game tomorrow.

-------------

Posted By: heppies
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:03pm
Rob playing for n/castle at Soton tomorrow as Krul is injured.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 2:12pm
Will be in for the next 2-3 games according to Pardew...he is now an international says Pardew and is keen to be #1 and that he is a really good keeper.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:19pm
Is keeping Newcastle in this ,atch

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:38pm
RE has been oustanding as has the woodwork.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 3:58pm
What a performance, Southampton should be 7 or 8 ahead,has made some fantastic stops, world class !

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 4:03pm
Right enough I doubt Krul could have done any better.

-------------

Posted By: valo88
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 4:59pm
Was prob the only one in the game for Newcastle, could have easily been double the scoreline.

Really needs a move away for first team football

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 12:58pm
Another busy afternoon in store for Rob!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 7:40pm
Starts tonight in a weak team away at Man City,expect plenty of practice.

-------------

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:37pm
This lad looks steady and confident I'm delighted as a fan of Newcastle but more importunately Ireland. Hopefully Krul gets a move and he's number 1 or visa versa he gets a move looks to have the main necessity's and does the basics right. His Kick outs are far better than Forde IMO and still only 28, I'd like to see him play some part against USA next month.  

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:57pm
Very impressive tonight  Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 10:20pm
Played very well tonight by all accounts.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

This lad looks steady and confident I'm delighted as a fan of Newcastle but more importunately Ireland. Hopefully Krul gets a move and he's number 1 or visa versa he gets a move looks to have the main necessity's and does the basics right. His Kick outs are far better than Forde IMO and still only 28, I'd like to see him play some part against USA next month.  

Maybe the last 20 minutes, but I think Westwood deserves to start against the Yanks. He's arguably the Championships on form keeper at the moment...MOTM against Norich at the weekend

-------------

Posted By: Locke
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 12:58pm
Both Elliot and Westwood should play half each,no point in playing Forde.

-------------
Ivan Locke: "I'm not going to turn back. I have made my decision."

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Good to see you watched the game Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 5:47pm

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Good to see you watched the game Wink

I didn't watch the game hence the ' by all accounts' remark I made based on SSN and and the sports desk on local radio.
That said I think RE is a quality act having seen the impressive saves he pulled off on Goals on Sunday at St. Marys last season.
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 5:56pm
I still think Westwood is our best keeper but you can't drop Forde. He has done well.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 2:21pm
Gets a rare start today

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 4:56pm
Not his best performance today,looked shaky under the high ball and spilled a few times.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 8:51am
He will play the next 5 games as Krul is injured.

-------------

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 9:56am
Great to see so many Irish keepers doing well across the sea. Westwood is in flying form. Henderson was having a great season but injury has struck again and he has missed last two games with shoulder injury. Randolph seems to have recovered with the arrival of new manager at Birmingham.

Posted By: Locke
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2014 at 8:18pm
He will be playing now up into January...hope he does well and moves on if he is serious about his international chances.

-------------
Ivan Locke: "I'm not going to turn back. I have made my decision."

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 1:26am
Strange goal for him to let in,his view is blocked by defenders but from another angle his reaction wasn't the quickest,an easy game for him next though,Chelski at home.

-------------

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 1:37pm
Pulled up injured just before half time, hope it's not serious, would be a sickener for him to get injured now with Krul out till Jan....

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 1:40pm
Looked like some kind of achilles injury giving the way he went down.

Posted By: Declanus
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 1:41pm
Not looking good for him. Hopeful the can sort him out in the dressing room.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 1:41pm
Had been doing well too so far today, hopefully not too serious.

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 1:51pm
Gone off, thigh injury. Shame.

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net