You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Bought two shares in GameStop a few months ago for the craic, $4.14 each on the revolut app. 

Now worth $15.61 each. up 270%. 

I've no idea how shares work but (whilst it's no money at all), what do i do LOL
Michael Douglas in Wall Street explained it all. 'Give me 100 July fifty callers'...whatever that means.

That would be 100 Call Options on July Contract at 50 Strike. A call option is the option to buy a stock at the strike level. In this case 50. IF the stock at expiry date ( 3rd Friday July) is above 50, you'd exercise the option and buy the stock at the cheaper price (50) and pocket the difference . If its lower than 50, you'd not exercise the option to buy at 50 and it expires worthless. You will have paid an upfront premium of say 5% for the option. 

Hope this helps!
@AntrimMan85
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:15pm
Geek
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 6:52pm

Geek

There is a new platform/app in America ‘Robinhood’ that has all the college kids trading options for fun.

With the tech stocks doing really well they believe they are great traders and making easy money.

It’s going to end badly. They were going to roll the app out in Europe but a 20 year old took his own life over huge losses (that were not actual losses). 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:35pm
Got 100 free shares from work once so left them for around about 5 years for a rainy day them cashed then in for a holiday and after taxes made around 3K .

As you can guess finish while you are on top . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Geek

There is a new platform/app in America ‘Robinhood’ that has all the college kids trading options for fun.

With the tech stocks doing really well they believe they are great traders and making easy money.

It’s going to end badly. They were going to roll the app out in Europe but a 20 year old took his own life over huge losses (that were not actual losses). 
Yeah the pros reckon all those stimulus checks, plus lads sitting at home doing nothing plus no sports to watch/bet on, attracted a load of them to stocks/options. Stocks is 95% of what I do, just buy them and let them grow. Options is a bit more of a gamble, in that you pay an amount now, and it either is a winner or it goes to zero (although you can cash out on the way like you would in a bet).
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:49pm
and the other 5%Geek?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:57pm

Bought two shares in GameStop a few months ago for the craic, $4.14 each on the revolut app. 

Now worth $15.61 each. up 270%. 

I've no idea how shares work but (whilst it's no money at all), what do i do LOL

Just had a quick look-
This company was trading around $45 in 2016 but has been on a downward curve since. They recently signed a deal with Microsoft (heavily in MS favour) which has caused the bounce.
Good time to sell imo.

Take the proceeds and play around with other stocks.
Check out reddit penny stocks for some small bets.
Don’t trade anything you can afford to lose. 

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:59pm
Letting the general public trade Derivatives ( other than call options or Warrants - big in Germany ) is an incredibly bad idea. 

Theres a reason the reg around these things is so tight. 
@AntrimMan85
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

and the other 5%Geek?
I do a small amount of Options (5%). But 95% for me is "buy Apple/Square/Pinterest shares and check back in 5 years".
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

and the other 5%Geek?
I do a small amount of Options (5%). But 95% for me is "buy Apple/Square/Pinterest shares and check back in 5 years".

That’s a safe strategy.
Nothing beats time in the market. 

I’d like to straddle Tesla but the amount of pre clearance required with work is not worth the effort. Even for my child’s ISA very trade needs 30 days notice. 

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

and the other 5%Geek?

That’s a safe strategy.
Nothing beats time in the market. 

I’d like to straddle Tesla but the amount of pre clearance required with work is not worth the effort. Even for my child’s ISA very trade needs 30 days notice. 

I'm the same. Not worth the hassle it causes.
@AntrimMan85
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 9:44pm
Anybody have sizeable chunks of change in their revolut vault? 

How "safe" is this money? Pal of mine was telling me to cash it out as it's not guaranteed?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm
Revolut gone downhill in my experience over the last few months. Only allowed 1 free withdrawal transaction per month now. This isn't the main issue though. The card isn't accepted now in some stores in Britain. I couldn't pay for diesel one morning in ASDA. I got used of using it as my main bank card but wont use it in this way anymore. It has its limitations I guess 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:15pm

Anybody have sizeable chunks of change in their revolut vault? 

How "safe" is this money? Pal of mine was telling me to cash it out as it's not guaranteed?
I wouldn't be leaving four figure sums on it for an extended period as its not protected 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:35am
Wouldn't trust it at all. I only use it to transfer money once a month to my Irish bank account. Usually a significant sum that is held by revolut for an hour or two. I assume it'll only be a matter of time before it goes poof into thin air. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 06 Jan 2021 at 12:36am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:37am
nice edit there 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:39am
Why is everyone here losing confidence in Revolut? Have I missed something?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 12:44am
Numerous negative stories over the past couple of years plus there's been quite a few days when their systems crash.. The fact they had their money laundering software deliberately switched off for awhile certainly rang the alarm bells in my head. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>
  Share Topic