Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=55317
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 3:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Revolut Card:
Posted By: irishmufc
Subject: Revolut Card:
Date Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:52pm
Seen it mentioned on the Georgia away thread. 

Anyone use this? 

Does it work like Visa debit card? 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Replies:
Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:25pm
Got one last December. Any one who does currency exchanges a couple times a year should get it. Works the same as a visa yes , had to pay 7 euro to get the card though. Download the app on your phone and link it to a current account so you can top it up as required.

Date Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Got one last December. Any one who does currency exchanges a couple times a year should get it. Works the same as a visa yes , had to pay 7 euro to get the card though. Download the app on your phone and link it to a current account so you can top it up as required.

Might do that as it's handy to have something other than your bank card and whatever cash you have on you. 

They better take it in Georgia as it'll be needed LOL

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:04pm
Got 1 of these ages ago when it was free to get the card but not really used it much bar once or twice online. Hopefully it will work over in Georgia as will preload it for the trip

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Got 1 of these ages ago when it was free to get the card but not really used it much bar once or twice online. Hopefully it will work over in Georgia as will preload it for the trip

Revolut currently supports spending, and ATM withdrawals in over 120 currencies. The current list of supported currencies include:

AED, ALL, AMD, AOA, ARS, AUD, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD, BWP, BYN, BYR, BZD, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CVE, CZK, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GEL, GHS, GIP, GNF, GTQ, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, IQD, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, SRD, THB, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XOF, XPF, ZAR, ZMW.

More currencies will be added soon.

Georgian GEL is supported Clap

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:37pm
The absolute relief ... I'd say there would have been a panic warning sent out if the Gel wasn't supported on that card

Posted By: WillieMaley
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:54pm
I have the premium version 6.99 a month. Top it up from your own bank account, very useful saves time changing currency in a bank, useful if you travel to frequently for work etc the app itself is also useful to see what you've been spending money on.

-------------
"The best place to defend is in the opposition's penalty box."
Jock Stein

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:56pm
I have it yeah - find it brilliant. Over in the UK a fair bit and buy stuff of the likes of Amazon so the card comes in really handy for that. Also a great backup to have if your normal bank cards get stopped when abroad for any reason

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: heighway2heaven
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by WillieMaley WillieMaley wrote:

I have the premium version 6.99 a month. Top it up from your own bank account, very useful saves time changing currency in a bank, useful if you travel to frequently for work etc the app itself is also useful to see what you've been spending money on.

Probably handy for pilots, I'd imagine..

-------------
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Imaginary Pilots

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:48pm

It is indeed.

-------------
Jock Stein

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:04pm
Saved me an absolute fortune on my trip, brilliant bit of kit

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:18pm
Just installed the app so you top up via the app and that new balance translates onto your revolut debit card? Do you need to do something else with the card too? 

-------------

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:32pm
Have had it 2 years, and I bore the ear of everyone and anyone about how great it is. Saves me a few hundred quid a year I reckon.

If you live up in Angry Lands and are coming down to less Angry Lands you'd save loads on the exchange 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just installed the app so you top up via the app and that new balance translates onto your revolut debit card? Do you need to do something else with the card too? 

Nope, thats it.

Set it up transfer funds across and send the actual card to your address, if you went for premium I think they send you two cards, if i remember right.

-------------
Jock Stein

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:51pm

Nope, thats it.

Set it up transfer funds across and send the actual card to your address, if you went for premium I think they send you two cards, if i remember right.

Eamonn will be right pissed if Willie and Topper have them

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Nope, thats it.

Eamonn will be right pissed if Willie and Topper have them

Huh?

-------------
Jock Stein

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:10pm
Premium you get 2 cards . Topper has one card and Willie the other and Eamonn has none

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:23pm

Premium you get 2 cards . Topper has one card and Willie the other and Eamonn has none

I've honestly no idea what you're talking about LOL Topper, Eamon? What? Confused

-------------
Jock Stein

Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:26pm

I've honestly no idea what you're talking about LOL Topper, Eamon? What? Confused

Ah forget it .... it flew straight over your head

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:40pm

Ah forget it .... it flew straight over your head
LOL
I will wear no pilot's uniform
nor meekly serve my time
until Eamonn brands Topper's sh*te
as 800 posts of crime

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:56pm
Not wanting to send a few lads into meltdown on the Denmark thread, ill bump this to ask my question...maybe some of you Revolut users can answer me..

Is it better to exchange your balance or part of to the currency (DKK) prior to withdrawing from the ATM over there or leave as a € balance? Im thinking specifically of the €200 monthly limit on physical withdrawals from the ATM and not wanting to exceed that and paying a fee. I will use contactless and cash back where possible but always like to have a bit of cash in the pocket.

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Not wanting to send a few lads into meltdown on the Denmark thread, ill bump this to ask my question...maybe some of you Revolut users can answer me..

Is it better to exchange your balance or part of to the currency (DKK) prior to withdrawing from the ATM over there or leave as a € balance? Im thinking specifically of the €200 monthly limit on physical withdrawals from the ATM and not wanting to exceed that and paying a fee. I will use contactless and cash back where possible but always like to have a bit of cash in the pocket.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

That would be an ecumenical matter.
Yes

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm
I just transfer whatever I need from my main account to the revolut card just before withdrawing it, free to transfer from the account so no need to be worrying about that.

From what I hear Denmark is mostly pay by card so I'd probably just take out the €100 worth of kroner then preceed as you see fit with anything else if you're looking some actual cash in your hand.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 6:18pm

Doesn't make too much difference to be honest, the only thing is there is a 0.5% charge on the weekends so probably better to take it out on the Friday either way

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 7:07pm

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 12:41pm
Is it better to pay with this card when buying goods online form the UK or just use my regular BOI Mastcard CC?

I'm buying a tv so the exchange rate, fees etc. could amount to a fair few euro. 
Buying off Richersounds in sterling price.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
Use the revolut. Better echange rate and no fees.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm

Use the revolut. Better echange rate and no fees.

Sound Thumbs Up Thanks Sham.

I needed the reassurance!

TJ may mock this card but if it saves me 30 Euro I'll be happy.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
Would you not pay with Bitcoin?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:37pm
2017 was definitely the year of Revolut

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Would you not pay with Bitcoin?
I only use my Bitcoin for purchases worth over 100K.

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:54pm
You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

2017 was definitely the year of Revolut

Those in the know it was 2016 Cool 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

You can update the card to a contactless one now.I got a email about it yesterday.New card for free and the old one will still stay active.

A man in a shop told me that the icon on your card which looks like this )))) means you have a contactless card. All hail the man in the shop

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

A man in a shop told me that the icon on your card which looks like this )))) means you have a contactless card. All hail the man in the shop
my card is one of the older Mastercard versions and doesnt have the symbol .Upgraded it for free Clap

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm

the card i got prior to Denmark was contactless.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:06pm
The Revolut Card has been given the Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences

-------------

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:15pm
Buying that tv, remember that it's only fee free up to 2k per month. Now, you will be grand for the tv alone, but if you were (say) adding a sound bar to it and doing a whack of grocery shopping in Newry and going on holiday somewhere that doesn't use the euro, in the next month, it might add up.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm

Poor TJ still cant get his head around it

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 12:02am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Buying that tv, remember that it's only fee free up to 2k per month. Now, you will be grand for the tv alone, but if you were (say) adding a sound bar to it and doing a whack of grocery shopping in Newry and going on holiday somewhere that doesn't use the euro, in the next month, it might add up.

Thanks SD. I only wish I had 2K to blow this month
Broke now, but I've a a lovely tv, with an extra 15 inches, for the World Cup.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Broke now, but I've a a lovely tv, with an extra 15 inches, for the World Cup.

There's another use of the abreveation of TV, and when you ad in the extra inches it takes on another meaning altogether. So I'm sure you'll have a painful but joyful world cup with your TVWink

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:46pm

Poor TJ still cant get his head around it

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:24pm
I wonder does Theresa May know that Britain could exit the single market yet make significant savings to the country by importing goods on the governments Revolut Card thus avoiding banks ludicrous fees?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:21pm

I wonder does Theresa May know that Britain could exit the single market yet make significant savings to the country by importing goods on the governments Revolut Card thus avoiding banks ludicrous fees?

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 10:21pm
I've heard revolut is up n' running for business, but I don't have a business one as yet, only the personal card, but here's my question.... Can I pay invoices (say, 10k+ in dollars) with no exchange or transaction fee, if I just transfer enough funds on to my revolut card? It'd be to an American bank a/c

Also, so where is it that revolut actually make their money? Confused

-------------

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm

I've heard revolut is up n' running for business, but I don't have a business one as yet, only the personal card, but here's my question.... Can I pay invoices (say, 10k+ in dollars) with no exchange or transaction fee, if I just transfer enough funds on to my revolut card? It'd be to an American bank a/c

Also, so where is it that revolut actually make their money? Confused

The fx rate is good but they are still making a tiny % on it.
Every time you swipe the shop/restaurant/bar etc gets charged a small fee. These all add up.
Also Revolut offers credit and premium accounts that attract fees.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 11:30pm
It's only 2k per month w/o fees.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 1:49pm
Ah, right Ted Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:39pm
Sorted my flights for Cheltenham today which confirms one thing..... THE Revolut card will be coming out in March!   

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:40pm

Sorted my flights for Cheltenham today which confirms one thing..... THE Revolut card will be coming out in March!   

A very wise move all round !

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

As a big early proponent of Revolut I've been disappoint by it lately, multiple times it's blocked a transaction for no reason, I was in the states at the weekend and it blocked my hotel payment so I had to put it onto my own card, it's getting annoying to the extreme.

Happened me in Copenhagen actually. No cash on me whatsoever and the card kept rejecting even though there was more than enough on it.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:54am

Happened me in Copenhagen actually. No cash on me whatsoever and the card kept rejecting even though there was more than enough on it.
Happened me in Copenhagen also, but just went into the app and unfroze it after contacting their online chat. Supposedly the crad froze as a security feature due to the volume of transactions ( mostly €4.70 in the Dubliner) made in a short space of time. After I unfroze it I havent had an issue since although I havent used it as much obviously.

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm
They do have a lot of techical glitches..I'd say one out of ten transactions for me it doesn't work. Couple of days ago the push notification feature wasn't working. At least they tell you on the app if there are technical difficulties

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:20pm
I'm gonna look at setting up the business option of Revolut for a couple of my businesses 

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:27pm
Got charged 9.69e and then an addional 12cents for withdrawing 130e yesterday.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

theres stamp duty in Ireland if you use it in an ATM. Ive been using it in shops for contactless without any charges.And you can only withdraw €200 pm month from an ATM before charges apply. Its all on the pricing section of their website.

https://www.revolut.com/ie/pricing" rel="nofollow - https://www.revolut.com/ie/pricing

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:18pm

What currency you withdraw horsebox and had you gone over your free monthly allowance? €200 I think it is

€9.69 sounds wrong to me.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:32am
I never withdraw cash. It was the first time.

I'd only made a handful of small purchases too.

I think I did choose the wrong option when taking it out and choose the local currently. I don't recall.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:42am

I never withdraw cash. It was the first time.

I'd only made a handful of small purchases too.

I think I did choose the wrong option when taking it out and choose the local currently. I don't recall.

Possibly.  You normally get an option during the cash withdrawal process to accept or decline currency conversion - I always decline, same way when I'm staying at a hotel that I would normally ask the hotel to take the money for the stay in their local currency instead of the one on the card I'm using.

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:57pm
I often just used the GB currency and it worked out the same, but generally would try and keep it in Euros

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 11:42am
We go again Clap

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:14pm

We go again Clap

Clap

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
Great job for Cardiff and Copenhagen. Worked a charm in Denmark the last time Clap

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 3:32pm
They’re doing pay by the day travel insurance now I see.

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm
discovering Revolut is up there with discovering masturbation - a fantastic piece of kit Clap

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 8:14am
Was that your reaction then too gaz. Cocky fcker. :)).

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:56am
Question: 
If I put $1000 dollars on my card, and then when im in the US can I go to ATM's and withdraw dollars numerous times without transaction fees, or is there a certain amount of cash you can only take out in ATMs per month / or a certain amount you can use an ATM each month? 

Or is this bulls**t as just wondering can I use ATMs and withdraw whenever I want instead of using the card to swipe all the time while im abroad? 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Question: 
If I put $1000 dollars on my card, and then when im in the US can I go to ATM's and withdraw dollars numerous times without transaction fees, or is there a certain amount of cash you can only take out in ATMs per month / or a certain amount you can use an ATM each month? 

Or is this bulls**t as just wondering can I use ATMs and withdraw whenever I want instead of using the card to swipe all the time while im abroad? 

€200 per month ATM Withdrawal on the free version or €400 on the premium. With draw more and you pay fees.

https://www.revolut.com/ie/pricing" rel="nofollow - https://www.revolut.com/ie/pricing

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm

Question: 

€200 per month ATM Withdrawal on the free version or €400 on the premium. With draw more and you pay fees.

In the US you can swipe it everywhere.
I normally take some dollars for tips and use the card for everything else.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Question: 

ah ok, so its 200 euro in total regardless of the currency?

yeah was thinking that, really just for tips and the likes

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
The fees aren't that high. I think they're basically the same as you'd pay with your own bank.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:53pm

The fees aren't that high. I think they're basically the same as you'd pay with your own bank.
2% fee after the initial €200.

My bank charges 3.5% for any non euro atm withdrawal.

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Question: 

This is the advice I gave him too, then I remembered The Count loved a good bum bag and cash while a young tourist, so I can only imagine what monstrosity of a fanny pack he'll be taking as an oul lad. 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 1:44pm

I have withdrawn well over €200 on my travels and sometimes I'd check the amount that was taken fro mthe account and the xe.com rates and it's usually always close enough to that amount.

In most countries there are different banks and atms, and some of them have a very high charge rate but that would be the same rate as using your usual bank cards.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 2:06pm

2% fee after the initial €200.

My bank charges 3.5% for any non euro atm withdrawal.

Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:03pm
If you lose your card it's €7 to replace, but just thinking back I had mine skimmed as I could see some strange attempts to buy extra sized ridged dildos in $, so I asked Revolut about it and they said ok we will issue you a new card for free.

So if you lose your card. Just go and try and buy some weird random crap and the declineds will show up on your card, and then contact custmer care querying these strange attempted purchases Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

If you lose your card it's €7 to replace, but just thinking back I had mine skimmed as I could see some strange attempts to buy extra sized ridged dildos in $, so I asked Revolut about it and they said ok we will issue you a new card for free.

So if you lose your card. Just go and try and buy some weird random crap and the declineds will show up on your card, and then contact custmer care querying these strange attempted purchases Cool

Yessss, some "strange attempts" indeed...

LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
Simple question: 
Can a third party walk into AIB and top up my revolut account? It'd be a few grand and how long would it take to hit my account? 

-------------
Here we go again

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Simple question: 
Can a third party walk into AIB and top up my revolut account? It'd be a few grand and how long would it take to hit my account? 

Hit top up on the app and then bank transfer. It gives you an Iban and a reference. If you give that to the person they can arrange a transfer. Takes a few days.

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:11pm
I'm travelling to Cheltenham next week. If I put €200 on my revolut card..and I wish to withdraw at an atm in UK should I convert the € to £ on the app before doing so,?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:14pm

I'm travelling to Cheltenham next week. If I put €200 on my revolut card..and I wish to withdraw at an atm in UK should I convert the € to £ on the app before doing so,?

Just do what the rest of us do - Take £50, have a bet on the first race, deal in cash then for the rest of you trip !!!!!

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Just do what the rest of us do - Take £50, have a bet on the first race, deal in cash then for the rest of you trip !!!!!
That's the plan alright but want to know the best option for future reference.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:54pm

I think you do convert it to the currency of the country you're in.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:21pm

Doesn't make much difference, if you leave it in euro it will give you the interbank exchange rate at the time you use the card, less 0.5% if it's the weekend. If you exchange it beforehand you just get whatever rate at time of exchange, less 0.5% at the weekend.

If you see a good sterling rate, lock it in. I have alerts set up to let me know if/when sterling hits £0.90 and USD at $1.25 as I need both those currencies this year, I just leave some money there in euro and exchange it when there's a good rate.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:48pm

Doesn't make much difference, if you leave it in euro it will give you the interbank exchange rate at the time you use the card, less 0.5% if it's the weekend. If you exchange it beforehand you just get whatever rate at time of exchange, less 0.5% at the weekend.

If you see a good sterling rate, lock it in. I have alerts set up to let me know if/when sterling hits £0.90 and USD at $1.25 as I need both those currencies this year, I just leave some money there in euro and exchange it when there's a good rate.

The reason I'm confused by it all is down to when I was in Copenhagen. I exchanged the money from euro to krone on the app before going to an ATM then when I went to the ATM I realised the money was exchanged yet again but from Pounds to Krone. Is that normal or just something that occurs in Denmark?

See below :

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 2:53pm
It usually takes from the currency you're withdrawing in unless you don't have enough of that currency in your account and takes from which currency you do have.

If you had enough Kroner and no Sterling before that then that's pretty odd...

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:34pm

It usually takes from the currency you're withdrawing in unless you don't have enough of that currency in your account and takes from which currency you do have.

If you had enough Kroner and no Sterling before that then that's pretty odd...
Had absolutely no sterling

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:46pm
Best thing to do is pm Trap Junior he's the go to man for any questions

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
Such hassle to save a a euro

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm

and still clueless on it

Posted By: AnCearrbhach
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm

Travelers Cheque the only job

-------------
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:40pm
The Revolut live chat has spoken:
The card will auto-convert your balance to the currency you're spending in at the best rate so there is no need to pre-purchase currency. You can currently only exchange between USD, GBP, EUR, PLN, CHF, DKK, NOK, SEK, RON, SGD, HKD, AUD, NZD, TRY, ILS, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, CZK, QAR, THB, and ZAR on the app.

We will be adding more base currencies later which you will be able to load onto your Revolut account and exchange to lock in a great rate.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 8:30pm

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:27pm

I'd say I've saved hundreds using it, save a a tenner at least on €200 sterling

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:50pm

LOL

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: irish_major
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:54pm

In fairness, I used it to transfer £3150 Sterling today and it was a hundred quid cheaper than transferring through ulsterbank.

-------------
Here we go again

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:24pm

Dont bother Nvidic, hes been told numerous times how much people can save and i gave my own example pages back. He just doesnt get it so would rather try and mock those that do by witty €1 comments.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net