You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revolut Card:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 38>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 12:05pm
If anyone uses this link to open an account, you'll get €10and so will I Big smile 

offer expires November 19th 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
Looking for some advice Revolut gurus.
I have the card and use it for purchases on UK sites and holidays.
I have now bought a car in the north and so need to transfer money to the car dealers bank account which is obviously UK based.
Should I transfer the money to my Revolut account, do the currency exchange and then transfer that to the car dealers bank account?
Is this the best exchange rate I can get?

This is a good few thousand so would like to get the best exchange rate I can.
Thanks.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 1:41pm
Recently used the Revolut card to buy a car in UK and rate given is interbank rate and is better than any other I saw including transfermate and no fees. transaction limited to 5k a day however

Maybe worth paying the upgrade fee for the silver card and get 1% back on the price of the car

Edited by Huggybeer - 27 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Getting old and intolerant
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:33pm
In terms of signing up for premium, it is €7.99 a month. You can cancel. However, if you cancel inside two months, you have to pay for the cost of whatever you've done in the last two months as if it were standard pricing. So do the maths and see what makes sense but it may well be better if you sign up for premium, do the transfer, keep it for two months, then downgrade.

Also, be aware that your account may be frozen if you deposit a large sum in one go, especially where it is out of keeping with your account generally, and you may need to submit documentation for anti-money-laundering purposes. If you do it reasonably promptly, the account will be unfrozen inside 24 hours but it is still a pain.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:44pm
Great information Huggy and Dave. 
Thanks very much.
They are saying it will be 54 euro fee for converting so probably worth my while going to premium.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:36am
Revolut et. al have been a god send.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Recently used the Revolut card to buy a car in UK and rate given is interbank rate and is better than any other I saw including transfermate and no fees. transaction limited to 5k a day however

Maybe worth paying the upgrade fee for the silver card and get 1% back on the price of the car

Go Metal.

I saw the 1% deal but skimmed over it, what exactly does it do? 

Hi TrapJuniorHug
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

So I went ahead with the car buy and currency conversion on Revolut.
It worked out very well. I just stuck with the regular account as it seems you had to sign up for 12 months premium and they were saying they'd back charge etc. if I cancelled. I decided it was worth just paying upfront the small conversion fee given what I was saving.
I was able to transfer the full amount on my Revolut to the car dealer in one transaction. The transaction was over 10K.
The rate was very good compared to normal banks and was for example 500 Euro better than An Post.
My only mistake was converting at 1100am today instead of waiting until this afternoon. I paid 60 Euro more, but I don't follow currency exchange and it seemed that sterling was rising last week so I thought it might continue to.
Anyway, very happy with the exchange and Revolut.
Thanks again to you and SD for the advice.
Collecting my car tomorrow.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:07am
Been trying to transfer money from my bank account to my Revolut for over a week but keeps getting declined (yes there's money in there). Assumed it was because I was trying to transfer from a UAE account (although it wasn't an issue last month), but spoke to an customer service agent who said they're having the same issues with their accounts too.

Anyone else having issues with their account?

TJ was right.

Edited by The Huntacha - 27 Jan 2020 at 8:08am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 8:12am
How much are you trying to transfer?

I had the same issue, I tried to transfer over 2k and it was declined, ended up doing it smaller transactions.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 9:24am
Was only trying to transfer a tenner to pay for Spotify LOL

The 2 agents I talked to seemed none the wiser about when the issue will be resolved.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:35am
I’be transferred money from my bank recently onto it, recently as in the last few days and I’ve also transferred to an International non EU bank last week without issue.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 2:33pm
Ah, the return of the Revolut Card topic reminds me to ask;-  Can it be used in Slovakia for the play-off match in Match?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Ah, the return of the Revolut Card topic reminds me to ask;-  Can it be used in Slovakia for the play-off match in Match?
Its a Mastercard, it can be used worldwide, except on the pitch.

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Jan 2020 at 3:13pm
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:13pm
Havnt got a clue about this yoke. If going to USA as an example,should I have one of these,does it save you atm fees🤔
What other benefits?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Havnt got a clue about this yoke. If going to USA as an example,should I have one of these,does it save you atm fees🤔
What other benefits?
you can withdraw up to €200 worth free from an ATM there is fees after that but will be a lot less than using your own bank card. You save again on the exchange rate as you get the interbank rate as opposed to the ‘retail’ rate. 

Heres a mad notion though, have a look at  https://www.revolut.com/en-IE and see yourself what the craic isLOL

Edited by Sham157 - 28 Jan 2020 at 4:23pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:40pm

What other benefits?

USA? you not coming to Fundalk for your hols?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 4:41pm

What other benefits?

You should definitely get one for the US. Everywhere accepts cards. You probably only need cash for tips.
Good exchange rates and no fees. You can top up quickly.
You can only withdraw €200 per month but just bring some cash, use this card as much as possible and withdraw if you need more.

Also some places in Dundalk take credit cards Thumbs Up

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 28 Jan 2020 at 4:42pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 38>
  Share Topic