You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 8th - Repealed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
Poll Question: Will you vote to Repeal the 8th amendment?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
74 [64.35%]
41 [35.65%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

None in the Dáil but Renua are. As far as I am aware, but I could be wrong, none of the Dáil parties are supporting either position and are leaving a free vote to their members

that's not correct. Labour, social Democrats, SF, greens and the various left groups are all yes 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

None in the Dáil but Renua are. As far as I am aware, but I could be wrong, none of the Dáil parties are supporting either position and are leaving a free vote to their members

that's not correct. Labour, social Democrats, SF, greens and the various left groups are all yes 
Tobin is SF and he’s no 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Tobin is SF and he’s no 
yes but he he is going against the party position. They have presumably lifter the whip on this issue. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:13pm
It'll all be over soon Smile . The sooner all those posters are gone the better 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Agreed. Wasn't there talk before of banning election posters? Be a great idea
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:58pm
Yeah, election posters are a real throw-back when you think about it. They may have some impact for general elections where a name or a face can stick out, but for referendums they are almost entirely pointless eyesores.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Probably not very appropriate but anyone else think Maria Steen is an absolute ride. 
She has the cold, dead eyes of a shark. 

I don't find sharks sexually attractive.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

There was but then they checked the statute book and realised it would take a referendum to ban them, not joking btw 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:08pm

There was but then they checked the statute book and realised it would take a referendum to ban them, not joking btw 

LOL

That would be an interesting campaign. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:09pm

It would be great if that went ahead and the pro-banning side just absolutely plastered the country with posters. LOL
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

It would be great if that went ahead and the pro-banning side just absolutely plastered the country with posters. LOL

LOL

The live tv debates would be electric. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

LOL

Agreed with you about yer one too Thumbs Up
Some people just deserve a slap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:57pm

Really? They're banned in Westport but perhaps that is just the local organisations of each party agreeing not to putting up their posters. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:14pm
Or they know it is pointless if nobody can read them...
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:11pm
This is indepth analysis of the Referendum It is pure analysis of all arguments. The author is a No voter but the author is advocating ammending the current Article in the constitution as opposed to ridding of it. Its an informative piece regardless of which voting intention someone has.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:58pm
Pat Kenny did a decent job there. Ronan Mullen is 1 prize prick, how anyone could be swayed by anything that came out of his mouth is beyond me. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:01pm
If your man Mullen got hit by a bus tomorrow the World would be a better place 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Pat Kenny did a decent job there. Ronan Mullen is 1 prize prick, how anyone could be swayed by anything that came out of his mouth is beyond me. 

The new hate figure of the no side. Twitter is wall to wall with them saying he's a disgrace and wanting him sacked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
  Share Topic