You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep of Irl WNT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 143>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 11:07pm
did anyone see this goal scored by Katy Taylor years ago when she was on the women's team ? What a strike.

Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 10:30am
New manager needed after colin bell leaves the position to become the new assistant coach at Huddersfield
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

New manager needed after colin bell leaves the position to become the new assistant coach at Huddersfield
To be fair Colin Bell has risen the bar. Who ever comes in I feel it will be a big act to follow. Its a difficult position to predict as its a position that could be filled by either a male or female. Lisa Fallon is a name that springs to mind but probably out of the equation at the moment as she's just taken a role with Chelsea. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

It’s a difficult position to predict as its a position that could be filled by either a male or female. 
LOL
I would narrow it down to humans myself.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 7:57pm
Colin Bell suggesting on RTE2 that he wanted to stay on for the next four years but was shafted by the FAI board who started acting the eejit over his contract......unbelievable
Rocko View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 3:24pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Colin Bell suggesting on RTE2 that he wanted to stay on for the next four years but was shafted by the FAI board who started acting the eejit over his contract......unbelievable

To be fair to the FAI, it does seem Bell asked for either more money for himself, or more resources for the WNT, or possibly both, as a condition of staying on after he got the offer from Huddersfield. Everyone in the world of Irish football knows the FAI are in dire financial straits, what other realistic outcome was there going to be ??

I don't see that the current FAI administration had much of a choice here, I'm sure they would love to give more money/resources to the WNT if they had it, and they might have considered a pay rise for Bell too, if they had the money, but the reason they don't have any money is down to the multiple poor financial decisions of the previous administration. I know that the 2 FAI administrations are more or less the same, but that would be ignoring the input & influence of one notable individual of the previous administration. 

I presume that various financial decisions made over the tenure of the ex-CEO are going to be focused on in some of these reports, so I doubt sanctioning pay rises or increased spending is on the agenda for any section of Irish football or employees of the FAI at the moment until that picture becomes clearer. 

The FAI are at fault alright, but only in the sense of the vantage club tickets, Stan's hiring & payoff, Trap's re-hiring at great expense for a campaign too many, the contract of the world's highest paid assistant manager, the contract extension of the 2 lads when clearly past their sell by date, the possible payoffs for the sacking of the said 2 lads etc. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

To be fair to the FAI, it does seem Bell asked for either more money for himself, or more resources for the WNT, or possibly both, as a condition of staying on after he got the offer from Huddersfield. Everyone in the world of Irish football knows the FAI are in dire financial straits, what other realistic outcome was there going to be ??

I don't see that the current FAI administration had much of a choice here, I'm sure they would love to give more money/resources to the WNT if they had it, and they might have considered a pay rise for Bell too, if they had the money, but the reason they don't have any money is down to the multiple poor financial decisions of the previous administration. I know that the 2 FAI administrations are more or less the same, but that would be ignoring the input & influence of one notable individual of the previous administration. 

I presume that various financial decisions made over the tenure of the ex-CEO are going to be focused on in some of these reports, so I doubt sanctioning pay rises or increased spending is on the agenda for any section of Irish football or employees of the FAI at the moment until that picture becomes clearer. 

The FAI are at fault alright, but only in the sense of the vantage club tickets, Stan's hiring & payoff, Trap's re-hiring at great expense for a campaign too many, the contract of the world's highest paid assistant manager, the contract extension of the 2 lads when clearly past their sell by date, the possible payoffs for the sacking of the said 2 lads etc. 

Yes, very fair points - the question of past mismanagement of FAI finances is probably the biggest factor in his departure.

Good article about Bell in the Irish Times. They reckon his legacy is a mixed bag, very good at some things but not necessarily as good at others (playing too many young, untested players for example).

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/colin-bell-leaves-mixed-legacy-as-exit-rings-more-changes-for-fai-1.3942371

Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

I'd say you've summed it up very well. It's clear he had an attractive offer - asst manager at a club that's just come down from the premiership with a load of parachute money. Not a hope the FAI were competing with that.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 9:50pm
According to the Indo, Our Girls in Green will have the distinction of being the first team to play the new world champions in LA next month. Managerless and out of season, (for non us based girls) it could be ugly but great experience i suppose
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 2:22pm
Anyone know who's been appointed caretaker manager for Saturdays game versus the USA. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 5:26pm
Noel King.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 9:34am
It's been reported that Maren  Meinert, who spent 13 years as an underage coach with Germany and led the Under-19s to three European Championships and the Under-20s to World Cup glory twice, has been chosen as Colin Bell’s successor.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2019 at 8:07pm

It's been reported that Maren  Meinert, who spent 13 years as an underage coach with Germany and led the Under-19s to three European Championships and the Under-20s to World Cup glory twice, has been chosen as Colin Bell’s successor.

Interesting choice. She seems to have a winner's mentality anyway and I'd say the players would be intrigued at the prospect of playing under her.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:13am
Lost 3-0
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 1:14pm

Lost 3-0

It was a decent enough performance. They defended well mostly and the second US goal was offside.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 7:31pm
FAI PR machine trying to put a positive spin on a 3-0 beating that could easily have been more, fairly depressing stuff even if they are world champions. 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 4:06am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

FAI PR machine trying to put a positive spin on a 3-0 beating that could easily have been more, fairly depressing stuff even if they are world champions. 

Depressing? You may be overstating how much value the average football fan places on the women's game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 143>
  Share Topic