You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Referendum 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:06pm
Baldrick, would you not just give the lads an excuse to get away on a stags and have done with it??!!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:06pm
He is cranky now, imagine what he would be like if married?
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

It's a yes yes vote for me. When you see every scumbag from the far right looking for a no no vote then It's a no brainer for me. 

Stupid reason Thumbs Down

All right there Conor McGregor
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:12pm

It's a yes yes vote for me. When you see every scumbag from the far right looking for a no no vote then It's a no brainer for me. 

Grand Tucker
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Baldrick, would you not just give the lads an excuse to get away on a stags and have done with it??!!

What you mean? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:19pm

Grand Tucker

LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 11:41pm

It's probably with logic like that you somehow ended up supporting Russia and Palestine simultaneously.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 12:00am
Michael Martin was shocking on Prime Time. 
Took a bit of a kicking 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 12:33am

Or maybe look at the arguments on either side, process them, and think for yourself you gobsh*te. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 6:30am
I see Conor McGregor is pushing for a NO/NO vote. I haven't a clue about the ins and outs of the referendum this time around but that's good enough for me. Yes/Yes it is Thumbs Up
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Are there not some concerns about taking the onus away from the state caring for people and putting that back on families?

It doesn’t take anything away as there is nothing there for carers as is.  The argument is that it doesn’t go far enough to put the onus on the state. But it’s not taking it away as it’s not there to begin with.  

If I could vote, I'd be voting Yyes/No.

The wording "strive" doesn't place any legal obligation on the state, even though it's being presented that way. "Strive" is only used on one other occasion in the constitution, and it's a specifically chosen word as it doesn't create any legally binding obligation for the state to provide care. 

Marie Baker said that "strive" would mean a "positive obligation to try hard". Sure any one can try hard and still not achieve the desired outcome. It's language for the government to hide behind. 

Eoin Daly, lecturer in constitutional law and legal theory, and Tom Clonan, who you mentioned earlier, are worth a listen to in terms of the wording being used.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:02am

Took a bit of a kicking 
Did in the first debate... The barrister spoke very well for that. She didn't in the second debate. She made it more personal to her circumstances as mentioned religion then. I was hoping the yes side could add a bit of clarity to everything but MM made me believe they don't know what the amendments are about themselves and they are just being done to be seen to be progressive without actually thinking of the ramifications 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:11am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

It's probably with logic like that you somehow ended up supporting Russia and Palestine simultaneously.

I wouldn't be wrong so would I? The far right are generally Nazi's and fascists and they are calling for a NO/NO vote. Rat lickers like yourself will side to the extreme right hence why your call for a NO/NO vote.

I'm happy with my support and defense of Palestine and never once have I said I supported Russia but I did communicate the Russian and neutral side to the war instead of the biased pro west that you cant take your blinkers off to. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Or maybe look at the arguments on either side, process them, and think for yourself you gobsh*te. 

Trust me I have, and have done so with Baldrick in private and I even raised a question that ST raised above. He maybe a pedantic bollox Wink but Baldrick I think is spot on with his understanding of the referendum.  But the compelling factor for me was when you see every scumbag from the far right and Conor McGregor looking for a NO/NO vote then that just made up my mind completely. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:18am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Are there not some concerns about taking the onus away from the state caring for people and putting that back on families?

It doesn’t take anything away as there is nothing there for carers as is.  The argument is that it doesn’t go far enough to put the onus on the state. But it’s not taking it away as it’s not there to begin with.  

If I could vote, I'd be voting Yyes/No.

The wording "strive" doesn't place any legal obligation on the state, even though it's being presented that way. "Strive" is only used on one other occasion in the constitution, and it's a specifically chosen word as it doesn't create any legally binding obligation for the state to provide care. 

Marie Baker said that "strive" would mean a "positive obligation to try hard". Sure any one can try hard and still not achieve the desired outcome. It's language for the government to hide behind. 

Eoin Daly, lecturer in constitutional law and legal theory, and Tom Clonan, who you mentioned earlier, are worth a listen to in terms of the wording being used.

But there is even less there if you vote no.  It’s a choice between the wording you are not happy with and even less than that. As I said should perfect be the enemy of the good.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:19am

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Trust me I have, and have done so with Baldrick in private and I even raised a question that ST raised above. He maybe a pedantic bollox Wink but Baldrick I think is spot on with his understanding of the referendum.  But the compelling factor for me was when you see every scumbag from the far right and Conor McGregor looking for a NO/NO vote then that just made up my mind completely. 

Now I am questioning myself 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:46am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Took a bit of a kicking 
Did in the first debate... The barrister spoke very well for that. She didn't in the second debate. She made it more personal to her circumstances as mentioned religion then. I was hoping the yes side could add a bit of clarity to everything but MM made me believe they don't know what the amendments are about themselves and they are just being done to be seen to be progressive without actually thinking of the ramifications 

Yea she went off a bit in second but then MM went personal ar her and had his facts all wrong. That's all people will remember from the second debate. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:47am
I see Bob Terwilliger is calling for a Yes/No vote. That's enough for me I'm definitely voting No/Yes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic