Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=48468
Printed Date: 08 May 2024 at 1:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Love a French Win This Saturday
Posted By: moatehoop
Subject: Love a French Win This Saturday
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:17pm

Anybody else hoping for a French victory this weekend in the egg chasing????, I support Ireland in all sports apart from egg chasing. I just cannot stand their god awful fans who for some bizarre reason based on I don’t know what think their sport and team are a national triumph aided it has to be said with a biased press and media. But one championship in 15 years, only 2 grand slams ever, despite playing the same teams every year, and at best a quarter finals in their so called “world cup” ina sport that 99% of the world knows nothing about and has eight decent teams. As for the coverage of odriscoll this week which was so sickly and yuck you would think he was the worlds saviour. Anyway heres tot a French win on Saturday and the goys drowning their sorrows in the pints of heinos. COME ON FRANCE!!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:21pm
FOK OFF

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:24pm
Going to be few angry people here LOL

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:24pm
lovely day for a spot of fishing LOL

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:27pm
Not fishing at all, just cannot stand them or their team and i aint alone in that opinion and hope they get hammered.

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:32pm
"Allez Les Bleus"............still havent forgiven Stephen Jones for missing that last minute penalty....  

I mean loike i went to the pub for a few heinos for the england game and it was serious amazeballs. The craic was fantastic with all the chums from Clongowes, loike.

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: eire32
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:32pm
Got and sh*te ya dickhead ****.
Some irish man.
w**ker

Posted By: Declanus
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:33pm
Don't bite anyone

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:36pm
have they electricity in moate to watch the game even? surprised news of the 2008 win has reached you yet

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:40pm
Dont bite?????, listen i dont care what you do, fact is its a elitist sport played by and supported by people who look right down their nose at people who play or watch football. Do you think they give a toss about the football team??? and as for he lad telling me i am some irishman, thats a bit rich since his egg chaser team does not play our countries national anthem or play under our countries flag.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

have they electricity in moate to watch the game even? surprised news of the 2008 win has reached you yet

Now, now each to their own opinion....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Well said biggest dump in westmeath

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:02pm
Nice one BIFFO, may of been offended but i notice your from offaly so will leave itLOL, but best of luck to our French friends, now dount they will wipe the floor with the irfu failures on Saturday. COME ON LE BLUESClap

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:03pm
No disrespect, Eire, but I love your response. A lad from Tullamore dissing a lad from Moate simply for being from Moate. "My part of the bog is classier than your part of the bog". Aye, maybe, but it's all relative. I appreciate the irony of me, from a sh*tehole in the black North, saying this, but still.

Also, lets put petty rivalries aside. Those are 15 Irishmen going out onto the pitch on Saturday to try and win only the second title out of the last twenty. If the national soccer team played an annual tournament of six nations involving England, France and Italy, how often do you think they would win it?

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:12pm
This lad's last six or seven posts are dedicated to rugby. An oddball who joins an Irish football forum and posts solely about rugby. Ohhhhhhhh kaayyyyyy...

On the topic at hand, any Irishman who wishes a French victory over an Irish side in any sport is a grade A knob-jockey. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:13pm
Well they are unbeaten in the last six games versus england, 2 wins 4 draws, Against Italy last four games is one victory one loss and two draws and France its 2 losses at home and one away win over 90 minutes in play off and one draw. They have not been beaten by scotland or wales for years.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

No disrespect, Eire, but I love your response. A lad from Tullamore dissing a lad from Moate simply for being from Moate. "My part of the bog is classier than your part of the bog". Aye, maybe, but it's all relative. I appreciate the irony of me, from a sh*tehole in the black North, saying this, but still.

Also, lets put petty rivalries aside. Those are 15 Irishmen going out onto the pitch on Saturday to try and win only the second title out of the last twenty. If the national soccer team played an annual tournament of six nations involving England, France and Italy, how often do you think they would win it?

Poor return from the golden boys. But would like to see them win on Saturday.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:18pm
Egg chasing was discussed cause of its total over coverage from rate while they get rid of mns and premiership highlights, thats reason for quotes about egg chasing. Whats worse is an egg chaser on a football forum should you not be on a Leinster goys forum debating the rugger. Anyway best of luck to france and a hammering for the irfu team.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Poor return from the golden boys.

and what has the football lads won in the last 10 years heff?
We can't even beat Wales these days

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

Carling Nations cup, might aswell be the triple crown of football. The football boys do not play the same teams year in and year out.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:27pm

Carling Nations cup, might aswell be the triple crown of football. The football boys do not play the same teams year in and year out.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:29pm
And, in fairness, the six nations is hugely important - compared to friendlies in Liege. I mean, in terms of the effort the players put in, the six nations is the biggest tournament 3 years out of 4 for professional rugby players. Reference to friendlies and the Carling Nations Cup isn't the same. If Ireland played a six nations soccer tournament every year, with full strength teams, I don't think they'd have won one in the last twenty years.

Anyway, that's a side issue. I can't see why someone wouldn't support the team on Saturday, regardless of their opinions of the fans or otherwise. Be the bigger man.

-------------

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:30pm
Does Moate exist ? i thought it was a halting site behind Mullingar.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:31pm
All joking and fishing aside, Rugby is a sport played by very few nations at the highest level and the six nations itself is only a bit of craic over the most boring couple of months of the year.
Its not a pastime to be taken seriously enough to go getting your knickers in a twist over. Does it really matter who wins ? Is anybody really pissed off when ireland lose in the same way they would be when the football team loses. Its just a bit of harmless fun which should be enjoyed.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:36pm

And, in fairness, the six nations is hugely important - compared to friendlies in Liege. I mean, in terms of the effort the players put in, the six nations is the biggest tournament 3 years out of 4 for professional rugby players. Reference to friendlies and the Carling Nations Cup isn't the same. If Ireland played a six nations soccer tournament every year, with full strength teams, I don't think they'd have won one in the last twenty years.

Anyway, that's a side issue. I can't see why someone wouldn't support the team on Saturday, regardless of their opinions of the fans or otherwise. Be the bigger man.

C'mon Dave your clever enough to know the two sports are no way comparable, but if you really want in some way to compare the records of respective irish teams in both football and rugby, the world cup is the most logical place to go. I wonder which sport has done better there. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:36pm
Rubbish their record against the home nations in all competitions over the past 20 years is excellent. They played a b team in the
carling cup and still hammered all scots welsh and NI. Its far harder to play and win in football a true world sport than rugby which is a small minority game..

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

C'mon Dave your clever enough to know the two sports are no way comparable, but if you really want in some way to compare the records of respective irish teams in both football and rugby, the world cup is the most logical place to go. I wonder which sport has done better there. 

Yeah, I know that, but my point is that rugby is huge in both France and England (much bigger than here) so any victory is a success against the odds. I know it isn't as big as beating them in a competitive match in football but it is still more important than a football friendly, to the players as much as anything, and also to the majority of the fans.

Look, I'll be cheering them on this Saturday and if you aren't, then that's your decision. It's a team of Irishmen with a chance to win a major sporting trophy. It's a big enough deal. I'd rather qualify for the euros than win on Saturday, I'll give you that, but offered the choice between winning the six nations and winning in Georgia in September? That's a tough one. It's not a nothing tournament, regardless of how few countries play rugby union.

-------------

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 4:54pm

Some irish man.
w**ker

LOL Just to be sure here,you're fidgeting gimp off the Three ads from Offaly who supports Liverpool and stands on the Hill for Dublin games.LOL

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Some irish man.
w**ker

LOL Just to be sure here,you're fidgeting gimp off the Three ads from Offaly who supports Liverpool and stands on the Hill for Dublin games.LOL

Pritty much!

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:06pm

Some irish man.
w**ker

Pritty much!

Keep up the good work!Thumbs Up

Don't feed the troll,about 12 years old i reckon

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:09pm
Just checked IP address. It's Rolo's second account.

Lovely catch Rolo.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:10pm

Some irish man.
w**ker

And games in Belfast is his new thing.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:20pm

Not really a fair comparison.  I think you should probably swap Italy for Northern Ireland as they are probably the Football equivalent to the Italians rugby.  Capable beating one of the teams in a given year but not really able to put 2 results together.   

So if we were in a competition with France, England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.  I would suspect we would win it  roughly as often as our rugby counterparts.  

Once every  20 years  Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:21pm

Some irish man.
w**ker

I was told to support a irish side so thats what I'm doing

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:30pm
I have to say I started watching a lot of rugby in the last 10 years, simply due to sky upping the ante with the heineken cup but I have lost interest in it.
I've watched it since I was small, remember the 5 nations Saturdays and myself and the auld lad sharing a bag of wine gums as we routinely got murdered by the French and English particularly. I even remember bein at 3 shannon games in the AIL league. Then the good times came with munster and Ireland.
But in the last 2/3 years I've lost interest.
I'm sick of not knowing the rules to a good enough level to understand so e refereeing decisions.
It's a long way behind soccer and GAA for me now.
Still though, how could you shout for the French on Saturday. How? I hope we win and will shout them on as it's a big game that will capture my interest.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Lovely catch Rolo.

Absolute bollocks there from you McG. Bad form.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Lovely catch Rolo.

I just want to be clear in case anyone asks me - did we just deny we are Moatehoop or wha?

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:58pm

but offered the choice between winning the six nations and winning in Georgia in September? That's a tough one. It's not a nothing tournament, regardless of how few countries play rugby union.

You're not really a proper Ireland football fan I'm afraid, if you're spouting nonsense like that.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Lovely catch Rolo.

I just want to be clear in case anyone asks me - did we just deny we are Moatehoop or wha?

LOL
Yeah we're in denial on that one.

-------------

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:00pm

Some irish man.
w**ker

No, you were asked to support an loi team

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Lovely catch Rolo.

LOL
Yeah we're in denial on that one.

OK chief. We are, as they say in Moate, ad idem.

-------------
I don't know what more we can do in terms of being open and transparent - John Delaney

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Some irish man.
w**ker

I'm actually going to athlone town match Friday night your honour

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:05pm

All joking and fishing aside, Rugby is a sport played by very few nations at the highest level and the six nations itself is only a bit of craic over the most boring couple of months of the year.
Its not a pastime to be taken seriously enough to go getting your knickers in a twist over. Does it really matter who wins ? Is anybody really pissed off when ireland lose in the same way they would be when the football team loses. Its just a bit of harmless fun which should be enjoyed.

Would you say that to a Pole about Basketball, a Swede about Ice Hockey an Austrian about the big ski jump.

Probably the dumbest post in this thread and that is saying something

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:20pm

but offered the choice between winning the six nations and winning in Georgia in September? That's a tough one. It's not a nothing tournament, regardless of how few countries play rugby union.

You're not really a proper Ireland football fan I'm afraid, if you're spouting nonsense like that.

Well, I would probably choose the win in Georgia, but honestly, if we don't win in Georgia, we will still have a chance at qualification. It's a tough place to go and I expect other teams to drop points there too. Sure, three points would be great, but we can qualify without them and I would still expect us to qualify even if we don't win out there.... I wouldn't say it's nonsense to find it a tough choice between a bit of glory every now and then and winning a tough qualifying match that isn't make or break.

Plus, caring about the rugby team and other sports doesn't mean I care less about the football team..... that's a pretty blatant straw man argument right there.

Also, I appreciate you may have been fishing, but I wanted to reply anyway. And, not to get into the superfan debate (cos you'll win that hands down, I'm afraid), I did go to every game last campaign, I'll probably go to every game this campaign, and I've never been to a six nations match. If I'm not a superfan, I don't know who is (there'd be less than 100 of them, anyway, seeing as only about 100 from Ireland went to Kazakhstan, the other 100 there being Irish people who lived out that way).

-------------

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:41pm
The only time I want France to win anything is against England. That apart, they're a bunch of Henry admirers who always beat Ireland at home in rugby.

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:49pm

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Some irish man.
w**ker

I'm actually going to athlone town match Friday night your honour

Ok, you are excused

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: cm79
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 6:54pm
I would take the win in Paris every day of the week.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:04pm
Couldnt care less about rugby, would take a friendly win over Paris.

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I would take the win in Paris every day of the week.

how's Peadar Kearneys?

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:06pm

For someone who couldn't care about rugby you always seems to comment on it!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 7:15pm

For someone who couldn't care about rugby you always seems to comment on it!

Have to stirr it somehow.Thumbs Up

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 8:43pm
Cant stand the D4 crowd either but I love Rugby.
Allez les Verts.

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:21pm
IF it was tiddlywinks id still support the boys in green

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:11pm
One of the best things if we win on Saturday is that it will bring so much misery to the reverse snobs. 

Posted By: Scamper
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:13pm

-------------
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:18pm
I'm no fan of rugby but hope they do well on Sunday.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:23pm
This is terrible. This thread has quickly racked up four pages, but I started exactly the same thread as this a couple of days back and got no replies. What am I doing wrong? Why does nobody like me? I feel hurt. 

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

This is terrible. This thread has quickly racked up four pages, but I started exactly the same thread as this a couple of days back and got no replies. What am I doing wrong? Why does nobody like me? I feel hurt. 

We love you too much to disagree Heart

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Bit late then. 

But Sunday is the day all true fans of the oval ball game are waiting for. The gala finale of this year's Beauchamps Leinster Schools Cup. It has it all. Holy Ghost v Jesuit. Urban v rural. Rock v Clongowes. 

It's the only game in town.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: Doyler1993
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 11:44pm
I hope they lose as well can u imagine all the f**kers with no clue about the sport banging on about it like theyve supported them all their lives and go to or watch every game no matter who its aginst, it would also be everywhere for at least the next two weeks and there would be no getting away from it and we will have to put up with the thousands of fb statuses going up about how good they played and how BOD is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. 
Well done to them if they win but if they do i it will just be hell for at least two weeks with all the gobsh*tes going on about it.

-------------
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 12:57am

Who's playing on Sunday?Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 7:20am
What the f**k is wrong with my fellow irish men. Hopeing a different country beats us so we wont get some silverware. The same f**king country that broke our hearts in 2009 by cheating All I got off rugby fans back then was sympathy. I wouldn't have any respect for anyone who hopes France beats us in anything. And yes I don't like listening to rugby fans going on all the time about how great their sport is. But your country is your country ffs

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 7:54am

Confused

You are the one spouting the nonsense!  What gives you the right to judge any fan on whether they are 'proper Ireland football fan'!?  Absolute fcuking garbage of the highest order.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Confused

You are the one spouting the nonsense!  What gives you the right to judge any fan on whether they are 'proper Ireland football fan'!?  Absolute fcuking garbage of the highest order.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:15am

^^^^^This^^^^^^

If bohs were playing in their away kit to away to  Liverpool would you shout for the boys in green Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:16am

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Confused

Anybody is free to judge anybody.  The right to judge is just a freedom of expression which as far as I know is  in the constitution.

As long as rolo does not try to oppress Superdave I am sure he is is well entitled to judge Superdave.   So when you say what gives you the right, I would say the laws of the land do.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

I hope they lose as well can u imagine all the f**kers with no clue about the sport banging on about it like theyve supported them all their lives and go to or watch every game no matter who its aginst, it would also be everywhere for at least the next two weeks and there would be no getting away from it and we will have to put up with the thousands of fb statuses going up about how good they played and how BOD is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. 
Well done to them if they win but if they do i it will just be hell for at least two weeks with all the gobsh*tes going on about it.

poznan 2012.....

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

^^^^^This^^^^^^

If bohs were playing in their away kit to away to  Liverpool would you shout for the boys in green Wink

No because bohs are scum

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:40am

^^^^^This^^^^^^

No because bohs are scum

Never been banned from Europe for football hooliganism unlike Liverpool.   

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 9:45am

^^^^^This^^^^^^

No because bohs are scum

Maybe but ye dirt bags have plenty of hooligans.a quick search on Google will prove that.

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:01am
Can't believe people would not cheer for Ireland in any sport.

I'll be cheering us on but if it was choice between us winning a qualifier in the football or winning the rugby I'd take the qualifier and I played rugby for almost 15 years.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:16am
I take it that the lovers of Irish teams in green will be cheering on OWC in their pursuit of qualification for France 2016.... 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:19am

^^^^^This^^^^^^

No because bohs are scum

Maybe but ye dirt bags have plenty of hooligans.a quick search on Google will prove that.

Very true but we are not as successful at it as your British team that you cheer for.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:31am

Battle of Phibsboro 1984 v Rangers.
Great rumble that

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Great rumble that

IF Eire 32 was alive then he was probably shouting for Rangers  Wink

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:38am

Great rumble that

That night was some adrenaline rush.......

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:39am

Great rumble that

IF Eire 32 was alive then he was probably shouting for Rangers  Wink

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:47am

Great rumble that

Very little footage in existence, all i could find on Youtube was from the RTE News showing the Rangers "fans" chasing and fighting a few guards and Jock Wallace coming on to the pitch at HT to try an calm the situation. There may have been Gino Lawlesses goal shown in the report.

Is there any footage of the match about, anyone know ?

-------------

Posted By: Northerner
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:47am

I take it that the lovers of Irish teams in green will be cheering on OWC in their pursuit of qualification for France 2016.... 

If it's good enough for Marty then there's no problem, how could anyone want England or France to win the 6 Nations ahead of Ireland?

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Northerner Northerner wrote:

how could anyone want England or France to win the 6 Nations ahead of Ireland?

there are some serious gimps out there northerner LOL

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: AlanH
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:23am
I find it strange that any Irish person would support an opposition team playing Ireland in any sport to be honest, especially a country that cheated us in the World Cup play-off in 2009.

People talk about the apparent lack of knowledge of rugby fans.  Well at least they go and pack out Lansdowne Road for their games.  We struggle to get the country's so-called football fans into Lansdowne for our qualifying games.  In recent years, I've met Irish fans of Premier League teams that have taken the p!ss out of me for going to watch my country play, whilst they prop up the bar on a Saturday afternoon.  Give me an Irish rugby fan over one of those idiots any day.  Similarly, during the Euros in Poland, I met plenty of people there that admitted to having little interest in the football.  With that in mind, surely it's not just rugby that has it's fair share of followers that know little about the game.  Is that a reason to question the merits of football as a sport or the Irish football team?  No, it's a feature of all sports and particularly when a team has some success.  It's certainly not a reason for supporting the opposition.

The ironic thing is that some of the people I know that try and knock the Irish rugby team are the same ones that will be supporting a British football team based in Glasgow out of some sense of partriotic duty.  The fact that the likely starting 15 for Ireland in Paris this weekend will comprise players from nine different counties will be lost on those people.  Whatever anyone says about the Irish rugby team, they've managed to have a 32 county team that brings together people from all creeds and political persuasions.  Surely those that aspire to some day having an All-Ireland football team would also recognise that there will be a similar need to bring all the island's people on board in an inclusive and pragmatic way.

I know I'll be supporting the rugby team on Saturday and like any Irish sportsman, I wish them the very best of luck.

Posted By: londonirish
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:43am
5 pages for this fisherman,,,

IGNORE

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by AlanH AlanH wrote:

I find it strange that any Irish person would support an opposition team playing Ireland in any sport to be honest, especially a country that cheated us in the World Cup play-off in 2009.

People talk about the apparent lack of knowledge of rugby fans.  Well at least they go and pack out Lansdowne Road for their games.  We struggle to get the country's so-called football fans into Lansdowne for our qualifying games.  In recent years, I've met Irish fans of Premier League teams that have taken the p!ss out of me for going to watch my country play, whilst they prop up the bar on a Saturday afternoon.  Give me an Irish rugby fan over one of those idiots any day.  Similarly, during the Euros in Poland, I met plenty of people there that admitted to having little interest in the football.  With that in mind, surely it's not just rugby that has it's fair share of followers that know little about the game.  Is that a reason to question the merits of football as a sport or the Irish football team?  No, it's a feature of all sports and particularly when a team has some success.  It's certainly not a reason for supporting the opposition.

The ironic thing is that some of the people I know that try and knock the Irish rugby team are the same ones that will be supporting a British football team based in Glasgow out of some sense of partriotic duty.  The fact that the likely starting 15 for Ireland in Paris this weekend will comprise players from nine different counties will be lost on those people.  Whatever anyone says about the Irish rugby team, they've managed to have a 32 county team that brings together people from all creeds and political persuasions.  Surely those that aspire to some day having an All-Ireland football team would also recognise that there will be a similar need to bring all the island's people on board in an inclusive and pragmatic way.

I know I'll be supporting the rugby team on Saturday and like any Irish sportsman, I wish them the very best of luck.

-------------

Posted By: jinky
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by SEA MUS SEA MUS wrote:

The same idiots who have spent the last 4 years hating henry and everything french now want france to beat us in a 6 nations decider, you couldnt make it upShocked
Henry doesnt play rugby

-------------
tir gan teanga ,tir gan anam

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 12:01pm

yes, sure why not, they are Irish aren't they.

It would be great to see 2 Irish teams qualify

While I wouldn't like to see them do better than us, if we are to claim to want a united Ireland, how can we be anti any Irish person, (obviously excluding scumbags and terrorist etc)

When NI defeated Spain in 1982 I imagine pretty much the whole of the Island were supporting NI, I know the pub I watched it in were.

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

Originally posted by SEA MUS SEA MUS wrote:

The same idiots who have spent the last 4 years hating henry and everything french now want france to beat us in a 6 nations decider, you couldnt make it upShocked
Henry doesnt play rugby

Correct - he's a basketballer, isn't he?

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 12:33pm

i doubt many Irish Celtic fans will be cheering fir France on Saturday

-------------

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

As I said I'm no fan of the sport. If it lessens your embarrassment I hope they do well on Saturday.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:22pm

Best post I've ever seen on ybig

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:29pm
Says someone who would support the English(Liverpool) against an Irish team

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:29pm
I wish the team well on Saturday.

I support Ireland but for me, nothing comes ahead of the Irish football team and so if it's a choice between winning the six nations and winning in Georgia, the Georgia game would be my preference a zillion times out of a zillion.

Regardless of what happens on Saturday, football has lost the battle for hearts and minds of people in this country. Rugby reigns supreme. It is so much more popular in terms of the national team, that it is off the scale. Every f**ker in the country has a view to spout on the matches. Seems like every woman in the country watches Ireland rugby games, and men from non-traditional rugby areas speak like pundits when discussing the intricacies of the Irish tactics.

It's the times we live in. Just enjoy following the Irish football team and put bitterness to one side. Not really worth it. Anyway, these things are cyclical. I learned that when watching Green is the Colour two years ago; different sports are popular in different decades in this country.

Just 10 years ago, football was massive here. It will be popular again.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:34pm

As I said I'm no fan of the sport. If it lessens your embarrassment I hope they do well on Saturday.

At least get the dates right ffs!

Wink

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:36pm

I support Ireland but for me, nothing comes ahead of the Irish football team and so if it's a choice between winning the six nations and winning in Georgia, the Georgia game would be my preference a zillion times out of a zillion.

Regardless of what happens on Saturday, football has lost the battle for hearts and minds of people in this country. Rugby reigns supreme. It is so much more popular in terms of the national team, that it is off the scale. Every f**ker in the country has a view to spout on the matches. Seems like every woman in the country watches Ireland rugby games, and men from non-traditional rugby areas speak like pundits when discussing the intricacies of the Irish tactics.

It's the times we live in. Just enjoy following the Irish football team and put bitterness to one side. Not really worth it. Anyway, these things are cyclical. I learned that when watching Green is the Colour two years ago; different sports are popular in different decades in this country.

good post. the bit in bold is spot on

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:50pm

Says the British celtic fan

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 1:58pm

Says the British celtic fan
can you repeat that in your own language instead of the language of the brits,im not complaining about people not supporting the rugby team

-------------

Posted By: Jackthelad
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 2:04pm

Wink

A for f**k sake. The smilie is well overused on here if its been thrown out because a fella got the day of a game wrong. Jaysus.

-------------
Oh Poland we loved you.....

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

but 99% of them don't have a clue about what is happeningl.

Although the other 1% was a decent bird sitting on her own watching the game last Saturday in Revels and drinking Guinness.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Jaysis lads you must be have worse luck with the women than me LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Wink

A for f**k sake. The smilie is well overused on here if its been thrown out because a fella got the day of a game wrong. Jaysus.

LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net