Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=19502
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 1:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wasps nest in the shed
Posted By: The Count
Subject: Wasps nest in the shed
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:07pm
anyone ever have a wasps nest in their shed?

how can ye get rid of this without looking like the wickerman or how much is it to get in the experts?

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:08pm
Remember we had one in our shed b4,had to get experts in, not sure how much he charged though.

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Posted By: deisedevil
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:09pm
flame thrower,

light a few incense sticks and close the door

Posted By: Daz
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

flame thrower, light a few incense sticks and close the door

get yourself some joke shop smoke bombs and let emm off or make one of these bad boys : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYhZss2T9k - ..............

-------------
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:19pm
Had one in my shed a few years back and my friend ran into the shed with a baseball bat and smashed it and ran like fook back into the house. They cleared off then.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Had one in my shed a few years back and my friend ran into the shed with a baseball bat and smashed it and ran like fook back into the house. They cleared off then.

was it a big lad nest? is your mate available for hire?Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:24pm
Grazza used to work in pest control, he'll tell ya Count!!

-------------

Posted By: brianie
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:24pm
SmileHad one too some years ago, Got the experts in, The only sting was the Price

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

It was fairly big alright. He just creeped up smashed it with the bat and ran back to the house and closed the door behind him. The wasps won't catch you if you just hit once and leg it. Leave the shed door open and thet should just move off to a new home.

Posted By: janed
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:30pm
Heard if ya wear loads clothes and gloves and just spray with nest with any wasp killer should do it.  Can get projectile spray that gives ya more time to get away!!............now wouldnt be attempting it myself def be calling the experts or someone I don't like very much 

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:31pm

It was fairly big alright. He just creeped up smashed it with the bat and ran back to the house and closed the door behind him. The wasps won't catch you if you just hit once and leg it. Leave the shed door open and thet should just move off to a new home.

Suicidal ThatLOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Thumbs%20Up good man podge, will bump it when hes on

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

SmileHad one too some years ago, Got the experts in, The only sting was the Price

how much brainie?Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:34pm

Thumbs%20Up good man podge, will bump it when hes on

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

how much brainie?Cry

Was about 1998 and cost cant remember but expensiveWink

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:41pm
Are you sure it's not just a vuvuzela?

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

LOL 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:43pm

spat the tea there shamLOLLOL

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:45pm
good man sham LOL

-------------

Posted By: Rolz
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:49pm
1. Get bee suit.
2. Equip 17 bottles of fly spray.
3. -------------------------------
4. Profit.

-------------
FRANCE 0
MEXICO 2

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 4:59pm
Years ago, our back garden backed onto a field, separated from it by a ditch. There was a wasps nest in the ditch, but if ya didn't go near them, they left ya alone, so that was that. Until the oul fella got fed up of this unsightly looking ditch and decided to build a wall instead. Went out one day to start digging foundations, of course he got stung a few times, it really annoyed him. Put on a good few layers of clothing, made some class of head protection from a welding mask, poured nearly a full jerry can of petrol into the hole in the ditch (the actual nest, as far as he could get near enough to see, was a good bit down), stood back a safe distance and flicked a match at it.
No more wasps, and a good chunk of ditch gone with them. Thats probably a bit extreme for ye city lads tho.....LOL

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Years ago, our back garden backed onto a field, separated from it by a ditch. There was a wasps nest in the ditch, but if ya didn't go near them, they left ya alone, so that was that. Until the oul fella got fed up of this unsightly looking ditch and decided to build a wall instead. Went out one day to start digging foundations, of course he got stung a few times, it really annoyed him. Put on a good few layers of clothing, made some class of head protection from a welding mask, poured nearly a full jerry can of petrol into the hole in the ditch (the actual nest, as far as he could get near enough to see, was a good bit down), stood back a safe distance and flicked a match at it.
No more wasps, and a good chunk of ditch gone with them. Thats probably a bit extreme for ye city lads tho.....LOL

Thats what ya need right there

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:09pm

jackass live in waterfordLOL

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:25pm
Just looking at the Aldi leaflet that comes with the RTE Guide.

Knowing you to be a man who hates to part with money, Count I notice that they will have a WASP NEST DESTROYER Nuke available ofrom Thursday 1st July (that's Thursday week if you can wait that long).

The only sting for you will be €2.49.

It's a 300 ml spray can and it says: "The active ingredients in the formula foam instantly to thoroughly soak the nest and kill the wasps inside from a distance of over 3 metres"

Get 2 cans to be on the safe side and 10 ft back should be OK Thumbs%20Up

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Knowing you to be a man who hates to part with money, Count I notice that they will have a WASP NEST DESTROYER Nuke available ofrom Thursday 1st July (that's Thursday week if you can wait that long).

It's a 300 ml spray can and it says: "The active ingredients in the formula foam instantly to thoroughly soak the nest and kill the wasps inside from a distance of over 3 metres"

Way too civilised and safe Aido. I vote petrolLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:33pm
[QUOTE=deise316

Yeah the soaking might be the secret Clap

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:37pm
good man aido, i will check it out when i'm there scavaging the bins out back Thumbs%20Up

reckon its about 760 quid to get a pro out Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:39pm

good man aido, i will check it out when i'm there scavaging the bins out back Thumbs%20Up

reckon its about 760 quid to get a pro out Cry

I litre of petrol € 1.33 Thumbs%20Up.  Feck, for € 760 he would want to be taking them out individuallyLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:43pm
that shoud say €70 quid deise 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:51pm

lighter fluid and a zippo

and yippe kyyyyaaaaaaa mutha f**ka

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 5:54pm

Jaysus, was thinking it was a bit steepLOL. Prob breaks down as €50 callout charge and € 20 to actually do the job. Good luck with the Aldi gear anyway, will keep an eye out for reports of some fella in Dublin being hospitalised after being attacked by waspsThumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:58am

LOL

Auld lad took a 3 wood to one in our shed few years back and legged it and they pissed off soon after. You're a tight kant count so do the cheap thing.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:31am

Yeah had to get one of theose boys out last week. Cost €65. He was in and out in 15mins.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yeah had to get one of theose boys out last week. Cost €65. He was in and out in 15mins.

what was the company gary?

-------------

Posted By: criostoir Óg
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:02am
Man up and treat the nest like a punchbag, you show them who's boss Thumbs%20Up

-------------
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 4:49am
Don't upset an Angry Hornet...........you have been warned!!

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 5:00am
Never a dull moment in the Count Garden these days, looking for weedkillers, moss-killers and now wasp killers.  

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Never a dull moment in the Count Garden these days, looking for weedkillers, moss-killers and now wasp killers.  
Mass genocide taking place in a Dublin garden!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 6:51am

BUMP for Grazza Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 8:24am
mate had one the size of 8 footballs in his shed and he gave it a full hay'u-ken with the kitchen brush and legged it into his gafs for a few hours..... needed an exterminator lad to come out and sort it though and yer man said he reckons there was about 30,000 wasps in there....fu*k*n hell!!!Confused

gonna give it the brush tonight when they are asleep Cool, will keep ye updated

-------------

Posted By: grazza
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:02am
Wasps nests, what great fun. I tackled many of these when I worked in pest control but we were kitted out with full suit and had the right equip & chemicals.
The best thing to do is get some good quality wasp killer from local hardware, cover yourself up very, very well, spray the nest, beat the sh*t out of it  and run. Leave shed for about 2 days. If you go down this road make sure to destroy the nest, if you don't get through to the queen they will just rebuild nest wherever it lands. If the nest is destroyed properly they will go away.
My mate works for a pest control company called Ecolab. He says it will cost about 100 yoyo plus vat. You might get away without vat depending where you live. 

Hope this helps!!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by grazza grazza wrote:

Wasps nests, what great fun. I tackled many of these when I worked in pest control but we were kitted out with full suit and had the right equip & chemicals.
The best thing to do is get some good quality wasp killer from local hardware, cover yourself up very, very well, spray the nest, beat the sh*t out of it  and run. Leave shed for about 2 days. If you go down this road make sure to destroy the nest, if you don't get through to the queen they will just rebuild nest wherever it lands. If the nest is destroyed properly they will go away.
My mate works for a pest control company called Ecolab. He says it will cost about 100 yoyo plus vat. You might get away without vat depending where you live. 

Hope this helps!!
Summary: Give it a lash!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

Wasps nests, what great fun. I tackled many of these when I worked in pest control but we were kitted out with full suit and had the right equip & chemicals. The best thing to do is get some good quality wasp killer from local hardware, cover yourself up very, very well, spray the nest, beat the sh*t out of it  and run. Leave shed for about 2 days. If you go down this road make sure to destroy the nest, if you don't get through to the queen they will just rebuild nest wherever it lands. If the nest is destroyed properly they will go away.My mate works for a pest control company called Ecolab. He says it will cost about 100 yoyo plus vat. You might get away without vat depending where you live.  Hope this helps!!
Summary: ligter fluid,zipo,wasp killer,baseball bat

fixed that for you CO

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:27am

Hope this helps!!

cheers Grazza, saucepan over the head, duvet and broom stick later on so Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:42am

Hope this helps!!

cheers Grazza, saucepan over the head, duvet and broom stick later on so Thumbs%20Up

In other words, Count is not on for splashing €100+vat LOL

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 12:18pm

Count later on tonight.

(Yes I am aware those are bees in the pics but I couldn't find one with wasps)

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:15pm
Had one in our shed before, The old lad just hit it down with a spade.  Dont think he had any problems

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:39pm
gonna buy some wasp spray in the morning and then do a job with the brush.
dont want to turn out like thisCry

-------------

Posted By: billybob
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:41pm

mate had one the size of 8 footballs in his shed and he gave it a full hay'u-ken with the kitchen brush and legged it into his gafs for a few hours..... needed an exterminator lad to come out and sort it though and yer man said he reckons there was about 30,000 wasps in there....fu*k*n hell!!!Confused

gonna give it the brush tonight when they are asleep Cool, will keep ye updated

ConfusedPlease dontConfused 

Or maybe you wont be back to update us

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:44pm
What type of nest are we talking about here Count?

-------------

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

what was the company gary?
Don't know, had the builders in and they organised it.
Will try and find out.

-------------
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Rolz Rolz wrote:

1. Get bee suit.
2. Equip 17 bottles of fly spray.
3. -------------------------------
4. Profit.
LOLLOLLOL

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 7:51pm
Dyin to know how you got on Count LOL
Probably in A and E as i type

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:38am
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

Had one in our shed before, The old lad just hit it down with a spade.  Dont think he had any problems

To be honest, having just one wasp in your shed is not really that scary.......good shot to kill it with a spade though

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

To be honest, having just one wasp in your shed is not really that scary.......good shot to kill it with a spade though

LOL

You're such a bollox

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:28am

LOLLOL

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:33am

-------------

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 11:13am

LOL

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 2:38pm
Count 1 Wasps 0 Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 2:44pm

Count 1 Wasps 0 Cool

howd ya do it ?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 2:47pm
Was going to bump this but I suppose I should have buzzed it Embarrassed

OK Count what's the story (from the stings unit LOL)

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 3:27pm

Wasp going to bump this but I suppose I should have buzzed it Embarrassed

OK Count what's the story (from the stings unit LOL)
LOL

-------------
ITS KEANE YES

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 3:37pm

Count 1 Wasps 0 Cool

Did ye get GerK to fart them out of it? Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by GreenTribe GreenTribe wrote:

LOL

nah used this...

nah did the broom stick job on it and fookin legged it into the kitchen and hid Thumbs%20Up job done

-------------

Posted By: Honey Monster
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 8:54pm

Count 1 Wasps 0 Cool

That would get the entire neighbourhood out ffs

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 9:04pm

LOL

nah used this...

nah did the broom stick job on it and fookin legged it into the kitchen and hid Thumbs%20Up job done

LOL

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 6:36am
Thumbs%20Up well done count. hope they don't come back for revenge LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2010 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Count 1 Wasps 0 Cool

That would get the entire neighbourhood out ffs

LOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 5:05am
Well guess what I have  in the shed yesterday and it's about the size of a small football , now not only that but I have a bat in there also .
Going to go with the broom idea when it stops raining sometime next week . now as for the bat well wasps first and I will sort that dude out later .

Let you know how I get on some time next week . Ouch

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 5:58am
A bat? in your shed?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 1:33am
Originally posted by McGoldrick McGoldrick wrote:

A bat? in your shed?

Yep tell me about it , I was going to hit it but got to kind of got to thinking the dam thing may upset the wasps , so it's the Wasps tonight first up then the bat going to get it . I got the foam spary from B&Q so we will see how it works .

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 3:52am
dont kill the bat ffs - they're harmless

call the rspca or something and they'll remove it for you for free of charge

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Posted By: peterIreland
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:14am
What is the size of a football CM is it the bat ????

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

dont kill the bat ffs - they're harmless

call the rspca or something and they'll remove it for you for free of charge

+1, bats are grand little things

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 7:04am
ALRIGHT........... The bat lives , I told a few at work this morning and I have been told they are protected by law ,errrr whatever so he's going to get a little nudge to get him moving everyone feel better now . One bright spark said where is his mate and he may have a family also this is all i need my shed is going to end up like a petting zoo the way this is going .

The Wasps are going to die end of story .

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

ALRIGHT........... The bat lives ,

Clap

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 7:22am

ALRIGHT........... The bat lives , I told a few at work this morning and I have been told they are protected by law ,errrr whatever so he's going to get a little nudge to get him moving everyone feel better now . One bright spark said where is his mate and he may have a family also this is all i need my shed is going to end up like a petting zoo the way this is going .

Are they ordinary wasps........or Hornets?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 9:24am

Are they ordinary wasps........or Hornets?

Not sure SH but there is only going to be one outcome

Clarets 1 Hornets 0 .....................Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 1:43am
Got them last night , give them the foam spary can and got out of there , had a look in the shed this morning and not a wasps to be seen , YET . Will check again tonight .
Any idea how long you leave it before you can remove the nest ???
As for the bat he's gone also but then again it was late last night so maybe he was off looking for food .

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 2:54am

Got them last night , give them the foam spary can and got out of there , had a look in the shed this morning and not a wasps to be seen , YET . Will check again tonight .
As for the bat he's gone also but then again it was late last night so maybe he was off looking for food .

Congrats Murph for bravely, and single-handedly, defeating the stingers!

Incidentally, I bought and used that spray on a nest under the eaves of my house.......but despite using the whole can over a period of four days, they have survived, and the nest continues to flourishShocked...............must be Hornets.......you just cannot beat themWink

-------------

Posted By: Mafi Mushkila
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:18am
We used to always have wasp nests in our shed so used get the hurl and sliothar and do some target practice and then leg it. Always sorted the problem Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:21am
had one in our 2nd shed last few weeks

i made 2 smoke bombs last night and smoked the f**kers out

then took a metal baseball bat 2 the hive Big%20smile

-------------

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

had one in our 2nd shed last few weeksi made 2 smoke bombs last night and smoked the f**kers out then took a metal baseball bat 2 the hive Big%20smile
i wish i had your childhood daz

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

Originally posted by Daz Daz wrote:

had one in our 2nd shed last few weeksi made 2 smoke bombs last night and smoked the f**kers out then took a metal baseball bat 2 the hive Big%20smile
i wish i had your childhood daz

What ya mean ?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 1:15am

Congrats Murph for bravely, and single-handedly, defeating the stingers!

Incidentally, I bought and used that spray on a nest under the eaves of my house.......but despite using the whole can over a period of four days, they have survived, and the nest continues to flourishShocked...............must be Hornets.......you just cannot beat themWink

Hummmm as for your nest Hornet what I have been reading is when you get them in or on your house they little beggers have more than one entrance to the nest so you may get 75% of the nest covered but the wasps end up taking another route into the nest .
Now what a mate told me in London is that he got in the experts ( hey he didn't have my number ) and they put ANT powder around the entrance to some route into the nest with that the wasps would walk into it and take the powder on their legs to the queen then end game .
Look it's worth a try .
I was lucky as I got mine first time I had about 9 dead wasps that fell out of the nest when I looked last night Iwill still wait until the weekend before I move the nest thou .
Also my little Bat returned so I gave him a bit of a prod with the broom handle which he didn't like very much but got him out of the shed and yes Gaz he flew away before you ask .

-------------

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 4:46am
found a few dead wasps in my bathroom when I came in from work yesterday evening and another couple this morning when I got up.
Didn't have any windows open so do I have a nest somewhere?

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 5:49am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

found a few dead wasps in my bathroom when I came in from work yesterday evening and another couple this morning when I got up.

saucepan on head + mop and up to that jacks Saint Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 9:19am

Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

saucepan on head + mop and up to that jacks Saint Thumbs%20Up

thanks count

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 6:24am
Just spotted a small bee hive in the shed, the little feckers Angry

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 9:03am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Put a load of jam on your flute and then stick your lad into the bee hive and see what happens?

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Put a load of jam on your flute and then stick your lad into the bee hive and see what happens?

Worked a treat Horsey, at the sight of my dick the bees scarpered. Must have been female...

Posted By: ShayGivensBum
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
I hate bee season :(

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 1:12am

Get it sorted Sham  as this will only get worse , errr the nest is what I am talking about .

-------------

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2011 at 9:27am
Anyone ever had a wasp nest on or under the ground?
I was out cutting the grass for the first time in a couple of months earlier, and I reckon I disturbed a nest as there's loads of wasps flying around the place.
Apparently they sometimes build nests in the grass or under the ground, but I'm not sure what they'd look like. Anyone ever seen one? how do you get rid of it?

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 1:22am
Hoosay read back a bit and I would say get the spray and do the area . What will happen is that the wasps will get the stuff on their legs bring it to the queen which will kill her and that will be the end of your problem , let us all know how you get on .

-------------

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2011 at 6:16am
The thing is, I don't know where the nest is, I think it might be under the lawn, so finding where to spray the stuff is a problem. I know what a wasp nest hanging from a shed roof would look like, but I have no idea what it looks like if it's on or under the ground.
The only idea I had so far was to capture one of them and then tie a really really small tin of paint to his leg and put a hole in it. Then when he flies back to his secret underground lair I just follow the paint.
Or else I'll just give them a couple of days to calm down after the trauma of being attached with a Flymo and then I'll see if I can spot where they are flying in and out of.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net