You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poznan Celebration - Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

A thread should be started to come up with some large, concerted chant/song... there are the usuals but what about something like what Celtic or St. Pauli do with the chanting back & forth from one side of the stadium to the other?

we should also wear hooped shirts and sing "hail, hail Ireland are here", "when Ireland go up to collect the euro cup, we'll be there, we'll be there" and "we are Ireland supporters faithful through and through". sure where would we be without celtic fans to show us how to support??

Celtic fans do sing our anthem 'The Soldiers Song' and a bunch of other Irish songs (The lonesome boatman, On the One Road, The Fields of Athenry, Boys of the old Brigade, Aidan McAnespie etc)

So maybe we could learn something from them. Or we could just sing COYBIG, or SUFTBIG for 90 minutes.....
Sponsored Links

schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Jicked Jicked wrote:

Do you like Mexican Waves aswell schillaci?

No thanks. Used to piss me right off when that idiot announcer at Lansdowne Rd would try to get the crowd to do the wave at every game.  Its had its day. That said when I'm full of gargle in Poznan I'll probably join in. Wink
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

As for "Stand up for the boys in green"....jesus wept, fcukin' Simple Simon....

and "Come on you boys in ______".... fill in colour for team of choice.....

Maybe,

Hello, Hello we are the eire boys

Hello, Hello we are the eire boys

Up to our knees in Polish Beer

We're pissed out of our heads

We look like, complete twats

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:05pm

Apologies in advance Embarrassed

We'll be coming, we'll be coming

We'll be coming down the road.

When you hear the noise of the Trapattoni boys

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

Apologies in advance Embarrassed

We'll be coming, we'll be coming

When you hear the noise of the Trapattoni boys

No generic EPL/SPL sh*te or plainly Scottish songs
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:46pm
Who appointed Newryrep the sheriff of the terraces? A man on a mission to stamp out any inappropriate chants or songs in his (Irish) eyes. If any craic* is to be had in the stadium, it will be on this mans terms...

*NB: craic must not be generic craic which is in any way similar to craic that was had by anyone before.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Who appointed Newryrep the sheriff of the terraces? A man on a mission to stamp out any inappropriate chants or songs in his (Irish) eyes. If any craic* is to be had in the stadium, it will be on this mans terms...

*NB: craic must not be generic craic which is in any way similar to craic that was had by anyone before.

Didnt you get the memo ?

dont forget the mockney accent conor as well it usually goes  along with the EPL/SPL genric sh*te Wink ( as brought to you curtesy of Sky Sports)  who Aer Ya ? who are Ya

Heaven forbid something 'irish' and unique I mean its not like there are any irish songs are there ?

sure we are only singing in support of our country, any english club scottish club song can be stolen/adapted
Land of saints and scholars ?                         my arse

Edited by Newryrep - 28 Mar 2012 at 8:04pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:08pm

But he has to get in the stadium first !!
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:18pm
Ah I'm only taking the piss. I actually agree with you in a lot of what you're saying, I just think you're taking it all a bit too serious. The "who are ya" and "he fell ooova" sh*te annoys me as well but I'm not gonna get too worked up over lads singing poxy songs or doing the Poznan. Or is it the huddle, didn't Celtic think of it first?..

IMO there's no point trying to be so disciplined about it. Organised craic = no craic.

Anyway, I suppose you're fighting the good fight so on with the crusade! Tongue
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:43pm

Ah I'm only taking the piss. I actually agree with you in a lot of what you're saying, I just think you're taking it all a bit too serious. The "who are ya" and "he fell ooova" sh*te annoys me as well but I'm not gonna get too worked up over lads singing poxy songs or doing the Poznan. Or is it the huddle, didn't Celtic think of it first?..

IMO there's no point trying to be so disciplined about it. Organised craic = no craic.

HugHug

just think its sad that we as irish fans supporting ireland on an international stage have to resort to english club songs, scottish club songs, plainly scotish national songs given our rich cultural  heritage
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 3:21am
What happens if we don't score a goal at all.........
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Didnt you get the memo ?

dont forget the mockney accent conor as well it usually goes  along with the EPL/SPL genric sh*te Wink ( as brought to you curtesy of Sky Sports)  who Aer Ya ? who are Ya

Heaven forbid something 'irish' and unique I mean its not like there are any irish songs are there ?

sure we are only singing in support of our country, any english club scottish club song can be stolen/adapted
Land of saints and scholars ?                         my arse

Obviously I don't know you from Adam but you seem to take yourself a bit too seriously.
I can only speak for myself here but I'll be doing whatever the fcuk I like in Poland and  I won't be referencing back 3 months to a thread on ybig before deciding will i partake in the "Poznan" should it start,or a break dance or the "worm"or anything else.I do agree with you re lads wearing EPL jerseys,lads doing English chants (who are ya?? ) this wrecks my head.But Me, You or anybody else is not going to tell 20,000 lads what to sing or not.

reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

HugHug

just think its sad that we as irish fans supporting ireland on an international stage have to resort to english club songs, scottish club songs, plainly scotish national songs given our rich cultural  heritage
scottish and engerlish players play in the irish team... so why not
reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:30am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmPANoMPtg&feature=player_detailpage   being able to sing the national anthem would be a start..!
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:35am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Obviously I don't know you from Adam but you seem to take yourself a bit too seriously.
I can only speak for myself here but I'll be doing whatever the fcuk I like in Poland and  I won't be referencing back 3 months to a thread on ybig before deciding will i partake in the "Poznan" should it start,or a break dance or the "worm"or anything else.I do agree with you re lads wearing EPL jerseys,lads doing English chants (who are ya?? ) this wrecks my head.But Me, You or anybody else is not going to tell 20,000 lads what to sing or not.

ironic given the tone of this post

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

ironic given the tone of this post

Do you get your definition of irony from the same dictionary as Alainis Morrisette?

Agreeing with the lad on most of his points but just making an observation that he takes himself a bit too seriously.I wouldn't dream of telling a fellow Irish supporter how to celebrate or which songs I found it acceptable to sing.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:15pm
look lads lets just settle on Take Me Home To Mayo Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:42pm

Confusedfar from it

ConfusedConfused never mentioned shirts

ConfusedConfusedConfusedI am not telling people what to do, they can do whatever  they like , I am offering an opinion that a country with such a rich cultural  heritige as  Ireland to effectively copy english/scottish club songs and well known national songs is quite sad.Cry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic