Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=37093
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Poznan Celebration - Suggestion
Posted By: shawty
Subject: Poznan Celebration - Suggestion
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:12pm
On the crazy off chance that it's the 80th minute of the Italy game and Robbie Keane and the boys haven't managed to hit the net in the Poznan Stadium during that game or the Croatia game...

I think we should all just do the Poznan for the last 10 minutes Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:44pm
Prefer to cheer the team on myself............

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:45pm
I'll be watchin the footy mate, let me know how ya get on tho Wink

-------------

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:45pm
The Stoke fans doing the Poznan on Saturday evening was hilarious

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by shawty shawty wrote:

On the crazy off chance that it's the 80th minute of the Italy game and Robbie Keane and the boys haven't managed to hit the net in the Poznan Stadium during that game or the Croatia game...

I think we should all just do the Poznan for the last 10 minutes Big smile

When we are up 3-0 and Whelan puts a way a 4th then i am up for this big timeLOL

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:49pm
Prefer to do the huddle facing forwards rather than miss any of the action.

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:55pm
I'll never do this myself but good luck to you chief. I prefer to see what is happening on the pitch.

I'd have this on a par with Mexican Waves.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: domo
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:59pm
Ya doesn't blow my skirt up either but is funny to look at.

-------------
Shake and Bake

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:08pm

Any of you lads doing the Poznan, I'd be prepared to take your tickets if you dont fancy watching the match.......

-------------

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm
Funnily enough im not spending hard earned dough to look at the back of a stand 

Gonna stick with the old reliable of watching the match

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Funnily enough im not spending hard earned dough to look at the back of a stand 

Gonna stick with the old reliable of watching the match

LOL

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Skipper
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:26pm
do the reverse poznan

-------------
Stephen Irelands Superman Jocks!!

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:33pm
Errrrrrrrrr lets not

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: bear
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:40pm
If we are 4-0 up I might consider it

-------------
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:42pm
Can't understand why lads are wondering what to do at the match? Have you never been to a game before or what?

Stand and watch it like at any normal away game and sing to your hearts content.

Posted By: makgidi
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:14pm
You're an idiot.

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

Can't understand why lads are wondering what to do at the match? Have you never been to a game before or what?

Stand and watch it like at any normal away game and sing to your hearts content.

Quality post from the clareman as usual.

Whatever about anybody doing the poznan or anything if i see somebody sitting down staring into space il give them an earful.Your voice should be hoarce coming out of those statdiums,you have 4 days for it to recover for the next game.Smile

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:50pm
the lads will need us to be as vocal as possible and cover the stadium in green if we re to get out of the group.i dont normally sing or make noise so i hope im in section with mostly ireland fans who are singing 

-------------

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 5:00pm

Just let things happen.....people are getting so menstral over things it's ridiculous!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I'll be watchin the footy mate, let me know how ya get on tho Wink
You're really over using that term bro, when did you become English??  

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Just let things happen.....people are getting so menstral over things it's ridiculous!

Including yourself.

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Not a chance. Yet another idiotic thread.

Posted By: vinny 2012
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:11pm
bit of calm here people

Posted By: JuanNil
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:25pm
Let's all do the conga

-------------
Shes got a head like Liam Brady

Posted By: Beavis
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

the lads will need us to be as vocal as possible and cover the stadium in green if we re to get out of the group.i dont normally sing or make noise so i hope im in section with mostly ireland fans who are singing 
Do you mind if I ask - as someone who seems to be passionate about the national team - why not?
...and why now at a tournament you suddenly want to get involved?

Hope that doesn't seem like I'm having a go. I'm just interested to see the mindset behind the majority of fans who don't want to contribute to atmosphere at LR but go mental away (as say Paris 06). Is it just more drink?

-------------
<insert witty comment>

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:31pm
Jaysus, I'd get more craic at a funeral...

After reading all these posts I can see how "dedicated" you are guys are.. you are now all my hero's!!  Take a bow...

Posted By: schillaci
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 7:22am

The amount of "I paid a fortune to get here so I'm not doing the Poznan" Uber-fans on here is ridiculous.  It looks fantastic when Celtic fans do it and would be a nice gesture to our city hosts.

I'm up for it. Regardless of anyone else.

Posted By: da scientist
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:39am

Id defo be interested in doing it if Paul Green makes the squad and he comes on in a match and breaks his leg! While he is receiving attention I think it would be a great time to do the Poznan! Pass the time and at least then we can relax known he won’t be back!

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:40am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

The amount of "I paid a fortune to get here so I'm not doing the Poznan" Uber-fans on here is ridiculous.  It looks fantastic when Celtic fans do it and would be a nice gesture to our city hosts.

agree 110% ClapClap

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:45am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

agree 110% ClapClap
Scientist in agreement shocker

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Peter J. Russellroff
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:51am
Can someone tell me exactly what's so good about doing the Poznan? Linking arms turning your back on the pitch jumping up & down missing what's happening sounds idiotic to me.

Would it not be better linking arms jumping up and down facing the pitch. I can see fellas who have never been to an Ireland match being buckled saying in the first minute "Let's do the f**king Poznan" like an excited 10 year old looking to do the Mexican Wave in Lansdowne.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Peter J. Russellroff Peter J. Russellroff wrote:

Can someone tell me exactly what's so good about doing the Poznan? Linking arms turning your back on the pitch jumping up & down missing what's happening sounds idiotic to me.

Would it not be better linking arms jumping up and down facing the pitch. I can see fellas who have never been to an Ireland match being buckled saying in the first minute "Let's do the f**king Poznan" like an excited 10 year old looking to do the Mexican Wave in Lansdowne.

f**k me, cheer up pal

go off and get yourself a ride, ring baldrick!

we are there to cheer on the team and have a good time, were not all going to stand there and be like a bunch of spas just singing coybig etc.

there will be a party atmosphere in the ground and it is something we might not witness again for a while after the group we have got for the world cup!

Posted By: mactifosi
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:09am
ffs just do it at half-time and if you want sing something simple to the Lech Fans

super, super Ka Ka S

That would go down a treat imo

(KKS = Kolejowy Klub Sportowy Lech poznan)

Posted By: niall290
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:10am

Id defo be interested in doing it if Paul Green makes the squad and he comes on in a match and breaks his leg! While he is receiving attention I think it would be a great time to do the Poznan! Pass the time and at least then we can relax known he won’t be back!

Thats the most idiotic post i have seen on this site.

I would be one of Paul Greens worst critics mainly because of the players hes getten ahead of but at the end of the day he is trying his best to represent our country and here you are wishing he breaks a leg.Get a grip lad.He is no great midfielder but dont wish a horrific injury on one of our players.

-------------
June 2012 party time!!

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:30am
Originally posted by niall290 niall290 wrote:

Thats the most idiotic post i have seen on this site.

I would be one of Paul Greens worst critics mainly because of the players hes getten ahead of but at the end of the day he is trying his best to represent our country and here you are wishing he breaks a leg.Get a grip lad.He is no great midfielder but dont wish a horrific injury on one of our players.

im not paying the household charge either

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:42am
Let me guess this right . You want us to not watch the final 10 mins of a huge game we are losing or drawing at best ?

No thanks man

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Posted By: Peter J. Russellroff
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:49am

f**k me, cheer up pal

we are there to cheer on the team and have a good time, were not all going to stand there and be like a bunch of spas just singing coybig etc.

there will be a party atmosphere in the ground and it is something we might not witness again for a while after the group we have got for the world cup!

Baldrick, do you fancy the ride? We can jump up and down with our backs to everyone as a gesture of goodwill to the people of Poznan when we're finished.

-------------

Posted By: ColG
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:18am

f**k me, cheer up pal

Witness it at a good few qualifying games.... If you go...

Posted By: Jicked
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:27am

f**k me, cheer up pal

For a lot of grown ups, doing the Poznan or a Mexican Wave when you're trying to watch a football game isn't having a good time. Celtic fans looked absolutely pathetic at their big derby the other day. 

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:33am

Jaysus, I'd get more craic at a funeral...

After reading all these posts I can see how "dedicated" you are guys are.. you are now all my hero's!!  Take a bow...

a 'lets do a Poznan thread'Shocked,genius ..... a full 4 months after Poznan was confirmed and its only suggested now how did we all miss it ? incredible forsight well playedClapClap

Dedicated ? - if by dedicated you mean travelling over europe supporting your country and singing your heart out then guilty.

If by dedicated you mean copying the latest flavour of the month just seen on SSN/EPL  (God help us there was no football before sky) then I think I will pass. If you want to do choreograpghed 'dance moves I suggest you go to a Glee concert. its probably your age range.

The amount of "I paid a fortune to get here so I'm not doing the Poznan"

strange I dont see money being mentioned

" Uber-fans on here is ridiculous.

Ahh the old uber fan quip

It looks fantastic when Celtic fans do it

Oh thats all right then, Celtuic fans do it it must be OK for Irish fans to do - Thnk God for Celtic is all I can say

would be a nice gesture to our city hosts.

I am sure the Poznan fans/citizens are having sleepless nights wondering what gestures opposing fans will come up with................. 'if only they would do 'a Poznan' it would make our day'

Well done you,   you really are a 'character'

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: JimmyG
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:46am
Give em hell newry ClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.

Posted By: ColG
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

+1

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:56am
I think we should do the Poznan, the Huddle, sing You'll Never Walk Alone, and maybe sort some sort of special Ireland shirt with green and white hoos in support of Neil Lennon? Johnny C might sort that for us?

HAIL HAIL!!

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: JimmyG
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I think we should do the Poznan, the Huddle, sing You'll Never Walk Alone, and maybe sort some sort of special Ireland shirt with green and white hoos in support of Neil Lennon? Johnny C might sort that for us?

HAIL HAIL!!

and refer to the Croats, Spanish and Italians as the Hun.

-------------
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:00am
Ah lads, surely this bloke has a valid point. Well, I think he does. I can't make it home for the Bosnia game but in sympathy, I'll be turning my back to the TV and jumping up and down for 90 minutes.
If somebody could send me text updates of the game, I'd be grateful.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:08am
"and refer to the Croats, Spanish and Italians as the Hun"

Na, the Ustace, Falange and Blackshirts........the popes crusaders

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Ah lads, surely this bloke has a valid point. Well, I think he does. I can't make it home for the Bosnia game but in sympathy, I'll be turning my back to the TV and jumping up and down for 90 minutes.
If somebody could send me text updates of the game, I'd be grateful.

Can I also add that anybody else who can't make it to the Bosnia game who does do the same as me is a snob and a dry sh*te .

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:27am
My god. The Poznan? Really? How terribly crass. 

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:28am
Poznan folks won't really care. They won't be in the stadium, or at least not many of them. 

Also, singing another song in honour of Poznan isn't going to get any attention at all. The Poznan celebration at least stands a chance. The thing to be remembered is that the Poznan is actually a goal celebration, not like a facking mexican wave that gets pulled out when people are bored.

As it is, I would probably get involved if it started..... but only if it started after we scored and went up by three clear goals with less than ten minutes to play.

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:34am
How the f**k has this gotten to 3 pages

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:34am
Have people never been to a live football match. Theres no need to manufacture an atmosphere - it happens itself. And even moreso at a major tournament.

I couldnt care less if people are doing handstands in the crowd, you dont need to decide whether you're going to join in 2 and a half months before the game Geek

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:41am
Bet your bottom dollar if we go 1up v Croatia 80% of the well oiled Paddys will be doing this
It's spur of the moment sh*t
I'd probably do it for 10/20 seconds and that would be it
No big deal but some Superfans seem to have a problem with it

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Have people never been to a live football match. Theres no need to manufacture an atmosphere - it happens itself. And even moreso at a major tournament.

I couldnt care less if people are doing handstands in the crowd, you dont need to decide whether you're going to join in 2 and a half months before the game Geek

But I'm not good at doing handstands, what the hell am I supposed to do if people start doing this?

Can we decide on something else than handstands lads?

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:48am
I have no problem if other lads at the match wanna do it couldnt care less

I certainly wont be turning my back on the game though

Why do we have to jump on another bandwagon getting involved in another generic footballing celebration when we have plenty of songs etc of our own

That just cant get enough is getting seriously old aswel

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Poznan folks won't really care. They won't be in the stadium, or at least not many of them. 

Also, singing another song in honour of Poznan isn't going to get any attention at all. The Poznan celebration at least stands a chance. The thing to be remembered is that the Poznan is actually a goal celebration, not like a facking mexican wave that gets pulled out when people are bored.

As it is, I would probably get involved if it started..... but only if it started after we scored and went up by three clear goals with less than ten minutes to play.

You are correct it is something that would get attention here and probably further afield.

It is not a goal celebration, it's turning your back on the opposing fans originally and showing the unity of your group....f**king hell the kids section do it here in Poznan as well. It's genius watching all the little buggers jumping up and down.

But it could be a goal celebration, sure why not, it's only a bit of craic ffs.

We only do it for a minute or two at most, so no point getting carried away, ten mins is too long.

If I missed us scoring while we did it, I would not give a bollox, I'd be more happy we scored.
Actually it would be f**king hilliarious if we scored while we did it.

I am going to the matches to support my country, not to worry that I might miss a few seconds of the action.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:12pm
Yeah you see I think a lot of grown men would have a problem with missing a historic goal because they were having "random banter" like that. 

Since people want to steal more things from Celtic, can we have "da bantz" by dressing up like John Wayne Gacey and his noncey looking pal here too?

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:13pm

Lets make a few lists:

Those willing to do the 'Poznan':          

Those not willing to do the 'Poznan':
MayoMark +3

Those willing to do handstands should they practice enough and get good at it:
MayoMark +3

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Do you mind if I ask - as someone who seems to be passionate about the national team - why not?

Hope that doesn't seem like I'm having a go. I'm just interested to see the mindset behind the majority of fans who don't want to contribute to atmosphere at LR but go mental away (as say Paris 06). Is it just more drink?

i suppose im usually in the morgue east stand upper tier section of the aviva where noone sings and the atmosphere is static but i wouldnt mind joinimg in so ill be buying a SS ticket during the summer as its meant to be great craic there.i wouldnt have the guts to start a chant but id join in.i think though given the opposition we re playing we ll need to do everything we can to encourage the team because its a very difficult group.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Bet your bottom dollar if we go 1up v Croatia 80% of the well oiled Paddys will be doing this
It's spur of the moment sh*t
I'd probably do it for 10/20 seconds and that would be it
No big deal but some Superfans seem to have a problem with it

20% being us uber fansWink

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te ( and that includes 'dance moves'Wink) Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

You are correct it is something that would get attention here and probably further afield.

It is not a goal celebration, it's turning your back on the opposing fans originally and showing the unity of your group....f**king hell the kids section do it here in Poznan as well. It's genius watching all the little buggers jumping up and down.

But it could be a goal celebration, sure why not, it's only a bit of craic ffs.

We only do it for a minute or two at most, so no point getting carried away, ten mins is too long.

If I missed us scoring while we did it, I would not give a bollox, I'd be more happy we scored.
Actually it would be f**king hilliarious if we scored while we did it.

I am going to the matches to support my country, not to worry that I might miss a few seconds of the action.

Speak for yourself!!

I've no problem with people doing the Poznan/Mexican Wave/Shoes Off for the BIG etc, but ten mins is a ridiculous proposal!

-------------

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 2:39pm

It looks fantastic when Celtic fans do it

who cares?

all these celtic fans living their support for their beloved british football club through their country. sad really. go and do these things accross the water if you want but I think Irish fans are more than capable of supporting their country their own way without having to bootleg everything celtic fans do.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 3:39pm
Haha... on and on and on and on!!

I'll be doing it anyway.... think I might do it from 20mins in... and bring a book to read too.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:46pm

Haha... on and on and on and on!!

I'll be doing it anyway.... think I might do it from 20mins in... and bring a book to read too.

Just make sure you get somebody to let you know when the game is over and it's time to leave !

Posted By: damo21
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:55pm
What a load of Balls , who cares what people do , it's up to yourself , jayus most people will be caught up in the moment you won't even remember what your actually doing.

-------------
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by damo21 damo21 wrote:

What a load of Balls , who cares what people do , it's up to yourself , jayus most people will be caught up in the moment you won't even remember what your actually doing.

thats actually very true.with the hot weather and the games in the evenings i hope theres not too many pissed eejits and i dont mean the normal merry fan but the real horrible drunk who's aggressive and acting the bollox .we ll be drinking from the afternoon onwards ourselves the days of the games sipping pints in the sun taking our time and letting things take their course.

-------------

Posted By: Beavis
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:29pm

Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

i suppose im usually in the morgue east stand upper tier section of the aviva where noone sings and the atmosphere is static but i wouldnt mind joinimg in so ill be buying a SS ticket during the summer as its meant to be great craic there.

That's it man get involved home and away Thumbs Up

-------------
<insert witty comment>

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:31pm
As the Deise lads  would say.  Organised fun bullsh*t.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Boston Hoop
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

As the Deise lads  would say.  Organised fun bullsh*t.  

"Organised fun bullsh*" like the sound of that! A thread should be started to come up with some large, concerted chant/song... there are the usuals but what about something like what Celtic or St. Pauli do with the chanting back & forth from one side of the stadium to the other?

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:26am

The whole "I'm not turning my back to the pitch and missing any of the action" argument is ridiculous. If something of note happens, then turn around...... !! easy. There'll be plenty of people looking over their shoulder to let you know.

I have no intention of doing the Poznan for 90 minutes, but a 60 second bounce up and down would be a good laugh and quite a sight. Just join in if people start doing it and dont be a killjoy. Smile

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:12am
Do you like Mexican Waves aswell schillaci?

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

A thread should be started to come up with some large, concerted chant/song... there are the usuals but what about something like what Celtic or St. Pauli do with the chanting back & forth from one side of the stadium to the other?

we should also wear hooped shirts and sing "hail, hail Ireland are here", "when Ireland go up to collect the euro cup, we'll be there, we'll be there" and "we are Ireland supporters faithful through and through". sure where would we be without celtic fans to show us how to support??

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:16am

As for "Stand up for the boys in green"....jesus wept, fcukin' Simple Simon....

and "Come on you boys in ______".... fill in colour for team of choice.....

Maybe,

Hello, Hello we are the eire boys
Up to our knees in Polish Beer
We're pissed out of our heads
We look like, complete twats

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

A thread should be started to come up with some large, concerted chant/song... there are the usuals but what about something like what Celtic or St. Pauli do with the chanting back & forth from one side of the stadium to the other?

we should also wear hooped shirts and sing "hail, hail Ireland are here", "when Ireland go up to collect the euro cup, we'll be there, we'll be there" and "we are Ireland supporters faithful through and through". sure where would we be without celtic fans to show us how to support??

Celtic fans do sing our anthem 'The Soldiers Song' and a bunch of other Irish songs (The lonesome boatman, On the One Road, The Fields of Athenry, Boys of the old Brigade, Aidan McAnespie etc)

So maybe we could learn something from them. Or we could just sing COYBIG, or SUFTBIG for 90 minutes.....

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Jicked Jicked wrote:

Do you like Mexican Waves aswell schillaci?

No thanks. Used to piss me right off when that idiot announcer at Lansdowne Rd would try to get the crowd to do the wave at every game.  Its had its day. That said when I'm full of gargle in Poznan I'll probably join in. Wink

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

As for "Stand up for the boys in green"....jesus wept, fcukin' Simple Simon....

and "Come on you boys in ______".... fill in colour for team of choice.....

Maybe,

Up to our knees in Polish Beer

We're pissed out of our heads

We look like, complete twats

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:05pm

Apologies in advance Embarrassed

We'll be coming, we'll be coming

We'll be coming down the road.

When you hear the noise of the Trapattoni boys

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

Apologies in advance Embarrassed

We'll be coming, we'll be coming

When you hear the noise of the Trapattoni boys

No generic EPL/SPL sh*te or plainly Scottish songs

-------------

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:46pm
Who appointed Newryrep the sheriff of the terraces? A man on a mission to stamp out any inappropriate chants or songs in his (Irish) eyes. If any craic* is to be had in the stadium, it will be on this mans terms...

*NB: craic must not be generic craic which is in any way similar to craic that was had by anyone before.

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Who appointed Newryrep the sheriff of the terraces? A man on a mission to stamp out any inappropriate chants or songs in his (Irish) eyes. If any craic* is to be had in the stadium, it will be on this mans terms...

*NB: craic must not be generic craic which is in any way similar to craic that was had by anyone before.

Didnt you get the memo ?

dont forget the mockney accent conor as well it usually goes  along with the EPL/SPL genric sh*te Wink ( as brought to you curtesy of Sky Sports)  who Aer Ya ? who are Ya

Heaven forbid something 'irish' and unique I mean its not like there are any irish songs are there ?

sure we are only singing in support of our country, any english club scottish club song can be stolen/adapted
Land of saints and scholars ?                         my arse

-------------

Posted By: damo21
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:08pm

But he has to get in the stadium first !!

-------------
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas

Posted By: Conor Messi
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:18pm
Ah I'm only taking the piss. I actually agree with you in a lot of what you're saying, I just think you're taking it all a bit too serious. The "who are ya" and "he fell ooova" sh*te annoys me as well but I'm not gonna get too worked up over lads singing poxy songs or doing the Poznan. Or is it the huddle, didn't Celtic think of it first?..

IMO there's no point trying to be so disciplined about it. Organised craic = no craic.

Anyway, I suppose you're fighting the good fight so on with the crusade! Tongue

-------------
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:43pm

Ah I'm only taking the piss. I actually agree with you in a lot of what you're saying, I just think you're taking it all a bit too serious. The "who are ya" and "he fell ooova" sh*te annoys me as well but I'm not gonna get too worked up over lads singing poxy songs or doing the Poznan. Or is it the huddle, didn't Celtic think of it first?..

IMO there's no point trying to be so disciplined about it. Organised craic = no craic.

HugHug

just think its sad that we as irish fans supporting ireland on an international stage have to resort to english club songs, scottish club songs, plainly scotish national songs given our rich cultural  heritage

-------------

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 3:21am
What happens if we don't score a goal at all.........

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: kimbap
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Didnt you get the memo ?

dont forget the mockney accent conor as well it usually goes  along with the EPL/SPL genric sh*te Wink ( as brought to you curtesy of Sky Sports)  who Aer Ya ? who are Ya

Heaven forbid something 'irish' and unique I mean its not like there are any irish songs are there ?

sure we are only singing in support of our country, any english club scottish club song can be stolen/adapted
Land of saints and scholars ?                         my arse

Obviously I don't know you from Adam but you seem to take yourself a bit too seriously.
I can only speak for myself here but I'll be doing whatever the fcuk I like in Poland and  I won't be referencing back 3 months to a thread on ybig before deciding will i partake in the "Poznan" should it start,or a break dance or the "worm"or anything else.I do agree with you re lads wearing EPL jerseys,lads doing English chants (who are ya?? ) this wrecks my head.But Me, You or anybody else is not going to tell 20,000 lads what to sing or not.

Posted By: reabhloid
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:56am

HugHug

just think its sad that we as irish fans supporting ireland on an international stage have to resort to english club songs, scottish club songs, plainly scotish national songs given our rich cultural  heritage
scottish and engerlish players play in the irish team... so why not

Posted By: reabhloid
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:30am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmPANoMPtg&feature=player_detailpage" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmPANoMPtg&feature=player_detailpage    being able to sing the national anthem would be a start..!

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:35am
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

Obviously I don't know you from Adam but you seem to take yourself a bit too seriously.
I can only speak for myself here but I'll be doing whatever the fcuk I like in Poland and  I won't be referencing back 3 months to a thread on ybig before deciding will i partake in the "Poznan" should it start,or a break dance or the "worm"or anything else.I do agree with you re lads wearing EPL jerseys,lads doing English chants (who are ya?? ) this wrecks my head.But Me, You or anybody else is not going to tell 20,000 lads what to sing or not.

ironic given the tone of this post

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

ironic given the tone of this post

Do you get your definition of irony from the same dictionary as Alainis Morrisette?

Agreeing with the lad on most of his points but just making an observation that he takes himself a bit too seriously.I wouldn't dream of telling a fellow Irish supporter how to celebrate or which songs I found it acceptable to sing.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:15pm
look lads lets just settle on Take Me Home To Mayo Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:42pm

Confusedfar from it

ConfusedConfused never mentioned shirts

ConfusedConfusedConfusedI am not telling people what to do, they can do whatever  they like , I am offering an opinion that a country with such a rich cultural  heritige as  Ireland to effectively copy english/scottish club songs and well known national songs is quite sad.Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by reabhloid reabhloid wrote:

HugHug

scottish and engerlish players play in the irish team... so why not

I think you will find they are dual nationals

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:58pm

Confusedfar from it

ConfusedConfused never mentioned shirts

ConfusedConfusedConfusedI am not telling people what to do, they can do whatever  they like , I am offering an opinion that a country with such a rich cultural  heritige as  Ireland to effectively copy english/scottish club songs and well known national songs is quite sad.Cry

Fair enough Newry Rep,I agree with a lot of what you're saying but just developed an image in my head of a grumpy lad giving out about lads singing this or that song and grumbling into his pint.As i said i don't know you at all so could have it completely wrong.

I think it'd would be great if we could all figure out some uniquely Irish chants/songs etc.It won't happen imo as the EPL/SPL is so ingrained in so many of our supporters minds.I watch the EPL as I enjoy it and can understand lads following teams to a degree.What I can't understand is the "we" and "us" nonsense when you have a fat 40 year old lad from Roscommon poured into a liverpool jersey calling another fat lad in a Man U shirt from up the road in Roscommon "a dirty Manc"or sh*te like that.I don't want the thread to descend into a big arguement about this as I'm sure it's being done to death on here as it has on loads of forums.
               However I wouldn't rule out singing along to some chants that are also used by EPL/SPL teams.These are football chants and you'd probably find similar versions of them all over the world.
               Bottom line is I'm going to Poland with a load of mates to enjoy the football and the craic and most of all support the team in any way i can.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:53pm

Fair enough Newry Rep,I agree with a lot of what you're saying but just developed an image in my head of a grumpy lad giving out about lads singing this or that song and grumbling into his pint.As i said i don't know you at all so could have it completely wrong.

However I wouldn't rule out singing along to some chants that are also used by EPL/SPL teams.These are football chants and you'd probably find similar versions of them all over the world.
               Bottom line is I'm going to Poland with a load of mates to enjoy the football and the craic and most of all support the team in any way i can.

Probably closer to the mark than i like to thinkLOL

Went to the European cup winners cup final at Wembley in  93 ? 92?Cry Royal Antwerpt V Parma, Was always struck by the italians singing/chants as I didnt recognise any of the songs whereas  the Belgians just rehashed english songs - probably the influence of the BBC reaching Belgium

-------------

Posted By: Diego Duffy
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:49pm
I definatley think we should do the Poznan at some stage while over at Euros in Poland, Like come on above all times to to the 'Poznan' wouldnt this be the time? Would ad to the atmosphere and would be great craic, could do it when theres a stoppage in the game for an injury or something like that, imagine the Irish at home watching the T.V and seeing 30000 Irish fans bouncing doing the 'Poznan' would be epic!!

-------------
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

I definatley think we should do the Poznan at some stage while over at Euros in Poland, Like come on above all times to to the 'Poznan' wouldnt this be the time? Would ad to the atmosphere and would be great craic, could do it when theres a stoppage in the game for an injury or something like that, imagine the Irish at home watching the T.V and seeing 30000 Irish fans bouncing doing the 'Poznan' would be epic!!

each to their own but hopefully we are more original than just copying the latest fans fun thing to do.

Posted By: Diego Duffy
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:36pm
Agreed but whats the harm in sharing the culture of the locals that play at the stadium. We need to stop worrying about copying other teams chants or celebrations, if it adds to the atmosphere then why not? I can guarentee it would have been suggested by many fans here had it not been taken up by the likes of City and Celtic. Would look unreal. And as for chants we really need some new ones, too much of COYBIG gets boring, ive seen good chants suggested on this forum before and seen them snubbed by many. Need to embrace a few different songs and celbrations. Even the Poznan front on, if we had a bit of a campaign to do it, would be unique and look just as good, but you would need the media to talk about and get an awareness of it so all fans can get it going!! Thumbs Up

-------------
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:49pm
Jaysus lads, all this chat over nothing, if it happens on the day, it happens on the day, no amount of chat on here will make any difference come June 10th and 18th.

Posted By: max
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Jaysus lads, all this chat over nothing, if it happens on the day, it happens on the day, no amount of chat on here will make any difference come June 10th and 18th.

finally someone talking a bit of sense Clap everyone just need sot chill the beans if you dont want to do the poznan dont do it end of

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 1:20am
Would be quality if we got it going.
All be it, not in the last 10 minutes of a game(unless we're comfortably winning).
Break in play or something and it could work well.

Posted By: Bandwagonboyo
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 4:19pm
Just seen this thread. Not content with telling us what to wear some fellas now think we need to be told how to conduct ourselves at the games! If a fella wants to do the Poznan dressed in a Seamus Darby offaly jersey let him crack on. I will of course only be singing ybig approved songs while sporting my official Ireland jersey (without sponsors logo)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net