You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away Aveiro June 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portugal Away Aveiro June 11
    Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:20am
Thread for travel etc

Looks a nice town, population 80k, stadium holds 32k 😳
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:26am
Into Porto Monday back Wednesday.

Accommodation cheap enough hotel for 2 nights in Averio.

Train for getting to and from Porto for the airport
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:32am
Great spot is Porto.

I went here for a few days after the Portgual away game in Faro,
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:43am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Great spot is Porto.

I went here for a few days after the Portgual away game in Faro,

Looked at staying in Porto but looks like a nightmare to get from the stadium back to Porto
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 11:53am
Booked a night in Porto and one in Aveiro myself 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 12:03pm
I was in Porto last month. Class city, would recommend visiting. 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 12:32pm
Anyone interested getting a mini bus from Porto Airport, please pm me. I’ll look at getting prices meeting the Ryanair Dublin flights on Monday and Wednesday lunchtime flights.
Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:12pm
There's trains from Aveiro station to Porto Campanha until around midnight, plenty of time to get back to Porto with the game kicking off at 7.45pm.

Edited by Fanny MaGee - 07 Feb 2024 at 2:13pm
Ask MaGee
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:27pm
Out Saturday and back Wednesday. Grand.

Edited by Paulie - 07 Feb 2024 at 2:27pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

There's trains from Aveiro station to Porto Campanha until around midnight, plenty of time to get back to Porto with the game kicking off at 7.45pm.

There is but then factor in stadium in the middle of nowhere outside of town.

Easier just to stay local for us anyway when in Monday out Wednesday, no mad rush to try make it back for a train

Edited by wanderer - 07 Feb 2024 at 2:33pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Booked a night in Porto and one in Aveiro myself 

Same. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 2:49pm
Will book this depending on the draw tomorrow. Was only in portugal last year for gibraltar. Not overly bothered with this when it's a friendly
Danger here, OH NO
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 4:07pm
Looking at Sunday to Friday in Porto, hear it's great spot. If there's train back around midnight after the game, that should give people enough time to make it, even if stadium is in arsehole of nowhere. If not, find a late bar or buy cans and chill for few hours, then get early train back in morning.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 5:23pm
Porto is definitely a great spot for a few days. Very reasonably priced for food and drink if you dander away from the places by the river. Lots of hills in the city centre so be prepared for that. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 5:34pm
I do think it's needless hassle not to stay the night of the match in the host city unless it's an early kick off and you've plenty of transport options after. I've done it before myself but the older you get, it's just so much easier on yourself do the night there. 

Would only not stay the night of the match in the city if I was getting a very early flight the next morning and it wasn't worth your while to pay for another night in the hotel for the sake of a couple of hours in bed. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 6:02pm
Done Porto - it us a nice spot 

Fuk it might go to Germany anyway 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:19pm
Good flight options into Lisbon too if Porto flight times don’t suit. Two hour train for about €10 each way. 
Sipod View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sipod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 9:35pm
Flying into Lisbon on the Saturday and flying out of Porto on the Thursday €230 Ryanair
Block 114
First Game : v Greece April 2000
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic