You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Decided to do this as the weather will be nice and Wroclaw is supposedly a nice city.  Couldn't be arsed going back to Cardiff and Denmark playing the same old teams again. 

I cant get the 6 Nations rugby how they get excited by the same opposition every single year
Good point.  It crossed my mind a few times - that it must get quite boring just having a maximum of 5 countries to go (3 of those in the UK) to with the only other possible away trips being ridiculously expensive long-haul trips to the southern hemisphere for the summer test tours or the world cup which is also fairly limited re host nations and very expensive to get to (the last one in England not withstanding and which would probably have felt like a regular 6N away trip anyway).

I love the way we have so many potential options all over Europe to go somewhere new. I can't wait for the Euro 2020 qualifying draw in early December to see where we could be heading next year. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Really looking forward to this. I have only heard good things from some Polish friends about Wroclaw. In two minds whether to do Auschwitz on the Wednesday. Flying back to Dublin at 9 that night so not sure if its doable as it's a fair spin there but will see if there are any groups doing tours. 

Wroclaw is a great city. Austwitz is a good spin away. The Panorama is really worth a visit: 

The Rynek (main square) is a good place to sit and enjoy a piwo and some local food - they do a baked pierogi in Wroclaw which is lovely, cheap and very filling.

Wroclaw is the most German of Polish cities and there tends to be a lot of German visitors. They call it Breslau:

limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

Really looking forward to this. I have only heard good things from some Polish friends about Wroclaw. In two minds whether to do Auschwitz on the Wednesday. Flying back to Dublin at 9 that night so not sure if its doable as it's a fair spin there but will see if there are any groups doing tours. 

Wroclaw is a great city. Austwitz is a good spin away. The Panorama is really worth a visit: 

The Rynek (main square) is a good place to sit and enjoy a piwo and some local food - they do a baked pierogi in Wroclaw which is lovely, cheap and very filling.

Wroclaw is the most German of Polish cities and there tends to be a lot of German visitors. They call it Breslau:

Cheers for the tips Thumbs Up The Panorama looks class Clap
just hit the fecking thing
Rebecca and Betsy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca and Betsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 7:38am
anyone spot any good walking tours like Moldova Sarajevo and Copenhagen 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:25pm
Any fans game planned for this?
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:43pm
still no sign of the ticket allocation, leaving it very late!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

still no sign of the ticket allocation, leaving it very late!

200 be enough 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:47pm
42,000 seater stadium, 700 applicants, wouldn't be worrying.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 2:51pm
rang last week to get a few tickets added on. They’re waiting on the polish fa to confirm the price before they send the confirmation emails. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 3:05pm
Rang up there this afternoon to sort a ticket, €16 tickets, paid for mine. Emails should be out later today or early next week, tickets due in Monday and to be sent out then. No issues with allocation 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:07pm
So, any interest in a bus to Auschwitz on the Wednesday?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 1:06pm
Wednesday deadline for payment.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 4:47pm
33 degrees there at the moment Cool
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

33 degrees there at the moment Cool

Was 25c in Warsaw the week before we played there in early October 2015.  Then when we turn up it was fooking freezing. Coming out of that stadium that night was the coldest I have ever been in my life!

Should be mid 20's for this.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 6:24pm
Many over on the Sunday Ryanair 17:25 flight?
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Please don't say your on that 
I know nothing :-)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Please don't say your on that 

Oh yes. Don't worry though, you won't be sitting near me as I know you wouldn't fork out for the lanky seats
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 11:53pm
what section are most people in?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 23>
  Share Topic