You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playoffs - please provide your DIY draw results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:07pm
Teams will want Greece. 

Avoiding us and Sweden. As we've now proven we can qualify in play offs. Northern Ireland offer nothing at all going forward, poorer then ourselves by quite some distance.

Denmark would suit us. Avoid Portugal. Italy aren't as strong as they were under Conte, and I know very little on Croatia bar the big names, I wouldn't imagine theres much between them and Serbia.
Sponsored Links

TioPepe View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TioPepe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:10pm
Denmarks style of play would suit us perfectly as well. All their strikers have an aerial threat, none of them are going to run the channels and cause chaos.
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:13pm
Who's out suspended by us?
Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by PMc10 PMc10 wrote:

Who's out suspended by us?

Just meyler. The man who was a squad member at best, now captain marvellous ๐Ÿ˜‚
PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
He'll be missed, Maybe McCarthy might be thinking tonight to get his act together
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:32pm
What dates are the 2 games?

Thanks
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:32pm
I love Meyler. Has a brain in his ceann. As against Wales,Austria and Georgia he will be missed on the pitch .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:34pm
Portugal/Croatia in no particular order just horrible to have to deal with......Italy pretty daunting but not not doable, anyone else is fair game some tougher than others but nothing fearful
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, itโ€™s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

What dates are the 2 games?

Thanks

9/10/11 and 12/13/14
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
Hopefuly Portugal do the business against Switzerland tomorrow night. Ronaldo is the last man you want in a play off. Switzerland would be tough but beatable. Denmark very beatable and probably at a standard of ourselves, Italy not the force of old but always get the job done. Want to avoid obviously. Croatia I would really want to avoid. Over two legs they would probably win comfortably. Some real class players and a new manager to galvanise them.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:51pm
Wesley who?Tongue

I'm absolutely buzzing about the win but it's daft how O'Neill was somehow right not to play Hooolahan just because we won. If we lost the same blow with the wind merchants would be screaming injustice.

I like O'Neill and happy he stayed on anyway but can't stomach RTE panelist's telling us how right he was in the end. All's well end's well.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by PMc10 PMc10 wrote:

He'll be missed, Maybe McCarthy might be thinking tonight to get his act together

Clown

Rim me 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Wesley who?Tongue

I'm absolutely buzzing about the win but it's daft how O'Neill was somehow right not to play Hooolahan just because we won. If we lost the same blow with the wind merchants would be screaming injustice.

I like O'Neill and happy he stayed on anyway but can't stomach RTE panelist's telling us how right he was in the end. All's well end's well.  

I get as frustrated as anyone listening to the media say our only chance is to start Wes but i do think he should have started tonight. I really don't think the performance was great and we'd have kept it better if Wes played and probably created more chances. But the point is moot now and it's a discussion to be had another day. We came up big and that's all that matters.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:08am
POs will be interesting. Croatia with Rakatic and Modric are to be avoided. Portugal have a game changer in Ronaldo which even the greatest of defensive fortitude couldn't mitigate for. Italy would be my second choice, with Denmark the clear favourite.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:22am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Wesley who?Tongue

I get as frustrated as anyone listening to the media say our only chance is to start Wes but i do think he should have started tonight. I really don't think the performance was great and we'd have kept it better if Wes played and probably created more chances. But the point is moot now and it's a discussion to be had another day. We came up big and that's all that matters.

This has been to the absolute death to the point people are probably sick of reading it but Wes cannot play 2 games within a week, he doesn't simply have the physicality for it, the bigger argument should be why did he start him against Moldova instead of Wales if that's the case.

On the missing place Meyler filled - Marc Wilson has actually done good despite the club's horrendous form, the best of the bad bunch, I'm not championing him as the replacement but there's worse options out there.

Edited by coyne - 10 Oct 2017 at 12:23am
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 12:24am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Wesley who?Tongue

I think tonight's result and performance did make a bit of a show of the panel. All they were talking about before the game was Hoolahan, Hoolahan, Hoolahan and were probably sharpening their knives for post-match. The guy doesn't play for one second and now we're talking about a great Irish football night. We started Wes against Serbia last month and lost the game - how do they explain that?
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:18am
Assuming we'd want to face the Swiss instead of Portugal? 
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 2:16am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Assuming we'd want to face the Swiss instead of Portugal? 

Yes definitely, Portugal would have a bit more quality
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
  Share Topic