You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Player Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 3:03pm
They generally come from the local/regional websites that follow the clubs. Wales Online, Yorkshire Live, Football Scotland, that kind of thing. Easy to get them for the Premier League teams and nearly every Championship club. 

The only exception is Millwall, possibly because they're a small team in a big city so don't get as much coverage, so I never have ones for McNamara or Alex Pearce.

Once you get down to League 1 it's a lot more hit and miss, but there are local websites for Portsmouth, MK Dons, Oxford and Sheffield Wednesday that do them, so I post those ones. Unfortunately nothing that I can find for Rotherham, Wigan and a few other clubs with Irish players in League 1.

In Scotland Football Scotland usually do the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs as well as Aberdeen. I don't bother with League 2, I'd imagine there would be very few clubs covered at that level anyways.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm
Thumbs Up
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 3:16pm
I used to always look them up on a Saturday evening anyway, so figured I might as well start copying and pasting them on here. They're each just one person's opinion, but they're useful as a way to follow a large number of players - 30 Irish players played in the Championship this weekend, which is major progress compared to a year or two ago.

Just wish there more Premier League players to follow, but hopefully that will happen again in time.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 3:34pm
Its great reading - thanks!
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 4:04pm
Yes great reading, fair play for the tine and effort YTM.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Exactly well done that man.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 4:39pm
Calum Kavanagh scored a hat trick for Middlesbrough U23s in a 3 2 victory over Sunderland U23s this afternoon.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
korourke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korourke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 1:46am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I used to always look them up on a Saturday evening anyway, so figured I might as well start copying and pasting them on here. They're each just one person's opinion, but they're useful as a way to follow a large number of players - 30 Irish players played in the Championship this weekend, which is major progress compared to a year or two ago.

Just wish there more Premier League players to follow, but hopefully that will happen again in time.

YTM, man, just keep doing what you're doing. This is so appreciated.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:37am
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

+1 Clap
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 10:07am
Really look forward to reading these. Thanks YTM
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 4:03pm
I thought people were calling you You The Man.

The dark side.. And the light
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:14pm
Thanks for the positive comments everyone, glad people are finding this useful.

18/1/22

Championship

Scott Hogan (for Jutkiewicz, 64) 4 

Won a couple of headers and at least put in half a shift.

Alan Browne 9

Fueled by frustration at the officials, he ran himself into the ground and led like a true captain. His finish for the goal was exceptional and Browne was the driving force behind the comeback in midfield.

Greg Cunningham 6

Slotted in at the back well and his experience certainly helped as United pushed for a third. Booked for a foul on McGoldrick but did a job.

Joe Rafferty 7

Didn't risk the ball in bad areas and supported in the final third, on both sides of the pitch. He is the type of character that will embrace being down to ten-men and two goals down. Did himself no harm.

John Egan 6 

Had a hand in the first goal, with a bullet header well saved that was cleared to the edge of the area. Not his only effort at goal and was a threat in the opposition box. Did well at the heart of the defence, but will have been disappointed to see both goals from the positions they were scored.

Conor Hourihane 7

Restored to the starting line-up and delivered a great ball for Egan to attack in the build-up to Bogle's opener. Made an impression in the middle of the park, getting his foot on the ball and keeping United in possession.

Enda Stevens 6

Steady away down the left. Handled the threat of two players well, Potts and Barkhuizen but gave United a real attacking threat in the second half with some good runs forward.

McGoldrick (Brewster, 70) 5 - no comment given.

League 1

Gavin Bazunu 7

A good outing from Gavin Bazunu started instantly when meeting a well-struck Luke McCormick effort with a low diving effort. Did not have masses of saves to make but was commanding when dealing with crosses and just looked tidy throughout. 

Sean Raggett 8

Sean Raggett will be disappointed not to have scored his first goal of 2022 when he came close twice in the second half. His first header forced a brilliant save out of Nik Tzanev, turning the second one over late on. Defended solidly throughout and met everything brilliantly. 

Marcus Harness 5

The most noticeable part of Marcus Harness' first half showing was getting booked for a foul on George Marsh, retaliation for Marsh catching Harness seconds earlier. Did not come close to breaking through Wimbledon's back line and missed a chance to play Walker through on goal on the counter before being taken off late on. 

Shaun Williams 5

Shaun Williams featured for the final 20 in place of Thompson, the man who he lost his starting spot to. Really good defensive awareness and ventured forward too when possible. 

Ronan Curtis 5

Ronan Curtis came on up front after only the second game of this league season where he found himself starting on the bench. A half volley with just over ten minutes remaining forced a good save out of Nik Tzanev.

Football Scotland ratings for Irish players in SPL (no comments provided):

Jonny Hayes 7
Aaron McEneff 5
Dan Cleary 5
Jake Doyle-Hayes 6

19/1/21

Premier League

Matt Doherty (Emerson 46’) 6

On at half-time and looked much better in his preferred position and thrust proved crucial in creating leveller. Display surely too late to convince Conte he can be permanent solution, though.

Championship

Sean McLoughlin 5 

Struggled against Ben Brereton Diaz at times - no shame in that - and his distribution was loose.

Darragh Lenihan 6

Had to compensate for Rankin-Costello on the right side but was often erratic, hasty and tried to force the matter far too many times when in possession - not quite the domineering performance we've seen in recent weeks.

Edited by You Tell Me - 20 Jan 2022 at 7:52am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 7:59pm
20/1/22

EFL Cup

Caoimhin Kelleher 7

Produced fine fingertip save to turn early Lacazette free-kick on to crossbar and confident with distribution and handling. Impressive.

21/1/22

Premier League

Adam Idah 6

A quieter game compared to his last two performances. Gave away silly fouls in the second-half as he chased down defenders. His dangerous ball across the face of goal led to Juraj Kucka's own goal.

22/1/22

Premier League

Ciaran Clark (on for Lascelles 69) 6

Helped Newcastle see out their first away clean sheet of the season with minimal fuss.

Championship

Max O'Leary 6

Little to do in the first half, boosted his early confidence with a save from distance. Had little chance with Collins' header for the opener but showed composure on the ball with his feet.

Callum O'Dowda 6

A consistent performance out on the left without any fireworks. Worked hard out of possession and almost had an assist when Martin's header was cleared off the line.

Mark McGuinness 3

A rare off day for the big centre back. Drawn out of position far too many times, allowing Martin to score his second.

James Collins 6

A superbly-taken headed goal and it gave him a little spring in his step. A decent outing from the striker.

Jason Knight 6

Battled away but it was tough for Derby's midfielders in the second half.

Festy Ebosele 5

Flashes of his power and pace in the first half, but only flashes. Replaced after an hour.

Scott Hogan 6

Trademark Hogan. At times engaged and dangerous, at others reactive and on his heels. In the right spot for his goal and with better delivery might have had more.

Richard Keogh 9 

One of his best performances in a Blackpool shirt. Ekpiteta allowed him the space to take risks on and off the ball and he took full advantage, stepping up to combat Benik Afobe before he caught him on the turn practically every single time. What a player he has turned out to be.

CJ Hamilton 8 

Worked his way into the game and came into his own in the second half. Glimpses of the old CJ that was apparent in League One and did well to get into the box in the build-up for the winner.

Mark Travers 7

Good. Again. When Bournemouth were rocking and rolling in the second half, Travers made two good saves, both with differing techniques.

After his second, which was a strong hand to turn it over the bar, Travers sped out to scream at his defence for not getting tight enough. Also dominant in his handling and coming for crosses. As always seems to be the case, was left exposed for Hull's goal and could do very little about it, either.

A shortfall in confidence began to pervade into Travers by the end, with even him making a handling mistake, which wasted what precious time was left.

Sean McLoughlin 9 

Like his comrades, McLoughlin had a difficult first half but in the second was a colossus. Again.

Jordan Shipley 8.5

Picked up where he left off last week with another eye-catching performance, excellent going forward where he linked up well with the forwards and played some lovely touches. Scored a brilliant equaliser with a sweetly struck half volley to raise the roof.

Jimmy Dunne 7

A few too many hurried clearances which put his side under pressure once or twice, but otherwise it was a typically committed display from the young Irishman as Rangers held firm in the final 15 minutes.

John Egan 6 

Led the line well from the back. Luton offered a real physical threat at the top end of the pitch but he always looked in control.

Conor Hourihane 6 

Weak in the tackle at times in the first half and should have done better when he had the opportunity to clear an attack that ended with Foderingham making a save. However, he got on the ball a lot more in the second 45 and was much improved.

David McGoldrick (Ndiaye, 82) 5 - no comment provided.

Jack Bonham 6 

Couldn’t claim cross for Fulham third or get back in position to stop blaster.

Ryan Manning 8 (Star Man)

Solid defensively and always looked threatening. Scored another belter to put Swansea ahead and was well denied by Daniel Iversen soon after. Fine performance.

Cyrus Christie 8

Got into some promising positions but didn't have the end product needed. But the Fulham loanee was excellent in the second half and ran riot on Preston's left flank. Unlucky not to score, too. Subbed.

Greg Cunningham 5

Moved to left-back in the second half after playing in the back three in the first half. Looked off the pace at times and jumped into a few duels. Gave it his all.

Joe Rafferty 5

Played left wing-back and competed for everything like he usually does. Replaced when PNE moved to a back four. Limited the attacking output down that side.

Alan Browne 6

Quiet in the first half but grew into it in the second and had moments. Started to get on the ball more and find himself in dangerous positions, but couldn't provide that moment to get PNE level.

Callum Robinson (for Clarke 74) 7

Two important passes for teammates to create the goals for Grant and Diangana. An important contribution.

Jayson Molumby (for Phillips 74) 6 - no comment provided.

Jack Taylor 5

Slower in thought and movement than his midfield opponents. Won a few headers, but little else of merit.

Sammie Szmodics (For Grant, 68) 5

Rarely touched the ball.

League 1

Aiden O’Brien 6

Only came on for the last few minutes but it was a lively cameo, driving forward and helping us keep possession to see out the win.

Gavin Bazunu 6

Much of the time Gavin Bazunu was tested on his trip to Wearside it was as a result of Pompey losing the ball deep in their own half. Did well to deny Embleton midway through the first half after a Ronan Curtis error, although Sunderland's follow-up was a chance he spilt before it was eventually hacked away. Defensive mistakes gifted the goal, with Bazunu getting beaten one on one. 

Sean Raggett 5

Sean Raggett started in the centre of defence and like Carter to his right, was caught out too much in playing back. Shortly before Embleton's opener, he was tackled by a Leon Dajaku who turned wide at an open goal when winning it back. Whether it was the state of the pitch or Sunderland's pressing, there were too many issues for Pompey's back line. 

Marcus Harness 6

Marcus Harness started fantastically, breezing past players as if he was an alpine skiier for much of the first half. Similarly to most, virtually non-existent after the break, although Michael Jacobs' appearance perked him up and others. Needs to get back to the scoring form Pompey fans have become used to this term. 

Ronan Curtis 6

Ronan Curtis was among those key in the bright start as Pompey flew out of the traps. He showed good skill and good link-up play in the early exchanges. Later in that opening half, it was when beating multiple players on a run backwards where he gifted Sunderland a chance, with Ross Stewart cutting out his pass before Sunderland failed to make the chance count. Missing in the second half like many and was the first to be replaced.

Shaun Williams 5

Within minutes of coming on in midfield, Shaun Williams was booked for a late challenge. Did very little to change things when coming on. 

Anthony Scully 8

Worked like a Trojan down the left. Set up Marquis’s goal with a perfect cross. Will be disappointed not to have done better with a late chance after Marquis returned the favour.

Scottish Cup

Liam Scales 7

The Irish left-back provided a lovely assist for the Hoops' opener. His whipped delivery from the left was laid on a plate for Giakoumakis to tap beyond David Hutton in the Alloa goal.

It was just the start of another good night for the 23-year-old as he continues to grow in stature and impress in a green and white jersey. With the likes of Greg Taylor, Josip Juranovic, Adam Montgomery and Reo Hatate capable of playing his position, there is plenty of competition.

However, Scales has shown his versatility as he loves to drift inside on the underlap and contribute to the Celts' attacks.

James McCarthy (for McGregor 45) 5 - no comment provided.

Aaron McEneff (for Halliday 69) 6 - no comment provided.

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Jan 2022 at 9:21pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 8:14pm
As always, top work YTM, but CJ Hamilton hasn't declared for us or played Intl football at any level.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

As always, top work YTM, but CJ Hamilton hasn't declared for us or played Intl football at any level.

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether to include him or not. Seems strange to leave him out though, as he grew up in Waterford. Don't know if he has an Irish passport or not.

Similarly I'm not sure about including Gardner Hickman either, as he is not currently eligible for us, but is apparently trying to get his passport so I have included him for now when he plays - he didn't get on today.

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Jan 2022 at 8:26pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 9:05pm
This thread is a great addition to the forum Thumbs Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 6:43pm

22/1/22

League 1

Warren O'Hora 7

The vocal presence in defence, and dealt well with Doncaster's threats for the most part.

Conor Coventry 6.5

Battled hard in a promising start for the club. Showed glimpses of what he could bring.

Troy Parrott 6

The ball never seemed to drop for him and when it did, his shots were blocked close to source. Forced Jones into a good save in the first half but didn't step up when needed.

Mark Sykes 9 (Man of the match)

Was one of United's liveliest players when they were under the cosh and found a new level at wing back. His delivery improved and he carried the ball well, but his defensive work most caught the eye. Showed great energy to track back and make some key interceptions. 

Luke McNally (for Moore, 46) 8

Another highly impressive display. Coming on at half time is never easy, but he won everything in the air and his lung-busting run from one end of the pitch to the other was a highlight.

Will Keane 8 

Two more goals takes his seasonal tally to 15, also hit the post - real talisman of the squad.

James McClean 7 

Corner led to the winning goal and teed up Tom Naylor to hit the bar, got forward at every opportunity.

23/1/22

Premier League

Matt Doherty 5

Playing on the right of the midfield four, he made no inroads into Chelsea’s half and lacked the pace to help deal with Hudson-Odoi.

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 7:41pm
It will be interesting to see if there are any moves as we approach the last week of the window. McGrath, Scully and Sykes are three that spring to mind in terms of maybe getting a move to the Championship. Great to see Sykes kicking on. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic