You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Piers Morgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

I'm a complete 100% guaranteed gobsh.ite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote West Brit Wes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Piers Morgan is an attention seeker, people should stop getting caught up on what he says.

You should withdraw that remark at once I say. I want apublic apology from you to Piers. Withdraw I say!!
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Why do people take Twitter so seriously? As ShamtheRam says, he's offering £1,000 for each Brit that sings it to a great charity. It's banter at the end of the day.

Some people think Twitter is a laugh and a singsong. Some people in this country need to take a look at themselves. We shouldnt be using it for a bit of a laugh at the end of the day. You mean he was faking it? What do you mean faking it??! I just want the best. You can stick twitter up yer arse.

Hitting the red bull hard today TJ?
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:54am

Why do people take Twitter so seriously? As ShamtheRam says, he's offering £1,000 for each Brit that sings it to a great charity. It's banter at the end of the day.

Another way to look at that is that's he got the dough, and has decided that sick kids aren't worthy of the money unless people sing a song dedicated to a woman that they may also consider that they owe no allegiance to. 

Since they're all on lottery funding, it'd make more sense if they sang a song to Dale Winton.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

Another way to look at that is that's he got the dough, and has decided that sick kids aren't worthy of the money unless people sing a song dedicated to a woman that they may also consider that they owe no allegiance to. 

Since they're all on lottery funding, it'd make more sense if they sang a song to Dale Winton.

Ffs man he could easily do nothing like all the rest of them. I think the man is a c*nt but I don't know how anyone can have a go at him for giving so much money to charity.

I honestly think your comment is quite sad.
It's Jack Shat
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He is dead right. If they compete for the UK then they should sing it. 

If not don't compete for it and join the indpendence movement in their country.  They can't have it both ways, of receiving the funding of the UK but then pretending they are not really from there. 

Double standards on their part and I know many people in the Indpendence movement of Scotland who agree.  That is why the Scottish footballers did not play. 

Confused
What are you confused by Roger.

If someone believes they are non British that much well then do not compete for Britain or receive the funding from the UK Sports Council. 

If people believed in an independent Scotland or Wales etc they would not be playing for the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Murray is a perfect example. He is a scottish nationalist when it suits him but plays for the Uk when it suits him too and it suits his pocket. He was told to zip his mouth over shouting against England a few years ago.  

The best thing that could happen the Scottish Indpendence movement is that FIFA make all 4 countries play as 1 (its not going to happen as they control the board) but it would be one way of guaranteeing a yes vote in the Indpendence referendum. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:07pm

If not don't compete for it and join the indpendence movement in their country.  They can't have it both ways, of receiving the funding of the UK but then pretending they are not really from there. 

Double standards on their part and I know many people in the Indpendence movement of Scotland who agree.  That is why the Scottish footballers did not play. 

Confused

If someone believes they are non British that much well then do not compete for Britain or receive the funding from the UK Sports Council. 

If people believed in an independent Scotland or Wales etc they would not be playing for the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Murray is a perfect example. He is a scottish nationalist when it suits him but plays for the Uk when it suits him too and it suits his pocket. He was told to zip his mouth over shouting against England a few years ago.  

The best thing that could happen the Scottish Indpendence movement is that FIFA make all 4 countries play as 1 (its not going to happen as they control the board) but it would be one way of guaranteeing a yes vote in the Indpendence referendum. 
ffs, he answered a question about who he would be supporting in the World cup jokingly by saying whoever England's playing. Probably the same as every other Scottish sports fan outside of Ibrokes. As a sympathiser of Scottish independence, when did he ever come out and claim to be fully in favour?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:29pm

I know, it was his sponsors that told him to zip his mouth over that harmless comment.  

I never said he cam out and claimed he was fully in favour. 

That is the point. Its the people who are riding two horses at the same time. 

If you are British and playing for the Uk sing the song. 

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Aug 2012 at 2:30pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:36pm
The most bizarre one of the lot was the young lad in the british cycling team hines i think his name is

The lad is german yet he was the only one singing gstq- hoy didnt even sing it and the chaps knighted
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:46pm

I know, it was his sponsors that told him to zip his mouth over that harmless comment.  

I never said he cam out and claimed he was fully in favour. 

That is the point. Its the people who are riding two horses at the same time. 

If you are British and playing for the Uk sing the song. 
What if you are English, in favour of a Union. atheist and republican? Or any combination thereof. It is a strange national anthem. I would find it difficult to pledge allegiance to our anthem if it was anathema to my beliefs. Also in the Scots case they have to enter as a united 'team GB'(tm). They have to respect it. I can actually understand where Morgan's comments about Hoy are coming from, if he is willing to bow before Lizzie and take the title then he may as well sing it, but what difference does it make?

I will say this whole Team GB(tm) bullsh*t fest is coming at a very coincidental time in relation to the Scottish independence question and no doubt the strength of unity, many Scots have won medals in team events, will be bandied about by the Unionist argument.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

What if you are English, in favour of a Union. atheist and republican? Or any combination thereof. It is a strange national anthem. I would find it difficult to pledge allegiance to our anthem if it was anathema to my beliefs. Also in the Scots case they have to enter as a united 'team GB'(tm). They have to respect it. I can actually understand where Morgan's comments about Hoy are coming from, if he is willing to bow before Lizzie and take the title then he may as well sing it, but what difference does it make?

I will say this whole Team GB(tm) bullsh*t fest is coming at a very coincidental time in relation to the Scottish independence question and no doubt the strength of unity, many Scots have won medals in team events, will be bandied about by the Unionist argument.

It's a strange national anthem no matter what type of English person you are. Am I right in saying they must be the only country in the world who don't have their own national anthem? 

I would be embarrassed to sing that if I was English or British. I don't see how a country's national anthem should focus solely on one person. 
It's Jack Shat
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:01pm
I think its more the title regardless of the person. 

Its a consitutional monarchy and most British people seem happy enough with that, not that they are asked about it really. 

If you believe in the UK and you believe in a Constitutional Monarchy its the anthem for you. 

Is England a country, I don't believe it is. 

The country is the UK.
AKA pedantic kunt
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:06pm

I think its more the title regardless of the person. 

Its a consitutional monarchy and most British people seem happy enough with that, not that they are asked about it really. 

If you believe in the UK and you believe in a Constitutional Monarchy its the anthem for you

Is England a country, I don't believe it is. 

The country is the UK.
And if you don't, but are a successful athlete, you should bugger off somewhere else?

Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Piers Morgan is Irish too.
Comes across as as right cúnt at times.
But I do find it funny the stick he gives Micheal Owen.

no thats pierce brosnan ffs

achtung surrender

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:11pm

Confused

baldrick you normally come up with good stuff but that is completely off the wall !

if you are a sportsman you compete at the highest level possible, if there are government grants for being exceptional then you take them regardless of you political beliefs ,

why should someone have to sing that dirge if they dont want to , jessica ennis has done enough for the UK and the olympics to pay back the UK sports council 100 times over and people complain she doesnt want to sing the song ? laughable.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

achtung surrender

Piers Morgan is from an Irish background.
Morgan was actually born Piers O’Meara to a father who hailed from Co. Offaly. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:14pm

Don't compete and stand by your principals. 

Many an athlete has boycotted things due to their principals. 

As I said people can't have it both ways.

They can't be Scottish or Welsh nationalists but still take the money as part of the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Hoy gets the benefit of the Manchester set up. If he was Scottish competing for Scotland he may not get such infrastructure.
AKA pedantic kunt
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

achtung surrender

Piers Morgan is from an Irish background.
Morgan was actually born Piers O’Meara to a father who hailed from Co. Offaly. 

ye but that doesnt make him irish, hes british

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:17pm

Don't compete and stand by your principals. 

Many an athlete has boycotted things due to their principals. 

As I said people can't have it both ways.

They can't be Scottish or Welsh nationalists but still take the money as part of the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Hoy gets the benefit of the Manchester set up. If he was Scottish competing for Scotland he may not get such infrastructure.

Confused

Such a bizarre way to look at it

You are sounding more and more like adolf hitler with every post on this subject

Scottish team?Confused

What about the likes of st ledger etc- should they not play for ireland then?
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic