Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=40476
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Piers Morgan
Posted By: irish_major
Subject: Piers Morgan
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 11:50pm
Has caused a twitter row on whether team GB athletes should sing GSTQ. His moronic point of view is that they all should. Hes some caveman. If i was a scot i'd be disowning Andy Murray, sang it after he won!

-------------
Here we go again

Replies:
Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 11:52pm
Joey Barton had a go at him over this calling him Tim Nice But Dim LOL

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 11:59pm
Ah christ that was last week!

Good incentive offering the £1,000 donation to Great Ormand Street for each athlete who sings.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:02am
He is a ****

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:30am

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:11am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Has caused a twitter row on whether team GB athletes should sing GSTQ. His moronic point of view is that they all should. Hes some caveman. If i was a scot i'd be disowning Andy Murray, sang it after he won!

I think murray is a rangers fan so it doesnt surprise me he sings it. Sadly alot of scots wont disown him as they d agree with him singing it

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I think murray is a rangers fan so it doesnt surprise me he sings it. Sadly alot of scots wont disown him as they d agree with him singing it

Another Confused

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Another Confused

Another what exactly?

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

ClapClap
Lineker has made Morgan look a fool on twatter a few times. Should be time to pack it in when that happens.

Andy Murray follows Hibs. His position on the monarchy and Scottish independence I'm not sure of. I do know he has sent a few years trying to win over the English media for a while due to one throwaway comment

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:02am
Piers Morgan is Irish too.
Comes across as as right cúnt at times.
But I do find it funny the stick he gives Micheal Owen.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:04am

Hibs fan from Dunblane

That twitter response to Moron is exceptional

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 9:38am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Hibs fan from Dunblane

That twitter response to Moron is exceptional

Actually your right there. Murray was at a Rangers game against Valencia away and i remember them saying he was a rangers fan the gobsh*tes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/andy-murray-i-love-supporting-hibernian-1033704

-------------

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:05am
He is dead right. If they compete for the UK then they should sing it. 

If not don't compete for it and join the indpendence movement in their country.  They can't have it both ways, of receiving the funding of the UK but then pretending they are not really from there. 

Double standards on their part and I know many people in the Indpendence movement of Scotland who agree.  That is why the Scottish footballers did not play. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: seaniemac
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:11am
Why do people take Twitter so seriously? As ShamtheRam says, he's offering £1,000 for each Brit that sings it to a great charity. It's banter at the end of the day.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If not don't compete for it and join the indpendence movement in their country.  They can't have it both ways, of receiving the funding of the UK but then pretending they are not really from there. 

Double standards on their part and I know many people in the Indpendence movement of Scotland who agree.  That is why the Scottish footballers did not play. 

Confused

-------------

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Why do people take Twitter so seriously? As ShamtheRam says, he's offering £1,000 for each Brit that sings it to a great charity. It's banter at the end of the day.

Some people think Twitter is a laugh and a singsong. Some people in this country need to take a look at themselves. We shouldnt be using it for a bit of a laugh at the end of the day. You mean he was faking it? What do you mean faking it??! I just want the best. You can stick twitter up yer arse.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Some people think Twitter is a laugh and a singsong. Some people in this country need to take a look at themselves. We shouldnt be using it for a bit of a laugh at the end of the day. You mean he was faking it? What do you mean faking it??! I just want the best. You can stick twitter up yer arse.

LOL

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 10:56am
Piers Morgan is an attention seeker, people should stop getting caught up on what he says.

Posted By: West Brit Wes
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Piers Morgan is an attention seeker, people should stop getting caught up on what he says.

You should withdraw that remark at once I say. I want apublic apology from you to Piers. Withdraw I say!!

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Hitting the red bull hard today TJ?

Posted By: el2nz
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 11:54am

Another way to look at that is that's he got the dough, and has decided that sick kids aren't worthy of the money unless people sing a song dedicated to a woman that they may also consider that they owe no allegiance to. 

Since they're all on lottery funding, it'd make more sense if they sang a song to Dale Winton.

Posted By: jackshat
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by el2nz el2nz wrote:

Another way to look at that is that's he got the dough, and has decided that sick kids aren't worthy of the money unless people sing a song dedicated to a woman that they may also consider that they owe no allegiance to. 

Since they're all on lottery funding, it'd make more sense if they sang a song to Dale Winton.

Ffs man he could easily do nothing like all the rest of them. I think the man is a c*nt but I don't know how anyone can have a go at him for giving so much money to charity.

I honestly think your comment is quite sad.

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Confused
What are you confused by Roger.

If someone believes they are non British that much well then do not compete for Britain or receive the funding from the UK Sports Council. 

If people believed in an independent Scotland or Wales etc they would not be playing for the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Murray is a perfect example. He is a scottish nationalist when it suits him but plays for the Uk when it suits him too and it suits his pocket. He was told to zip his mouth over shouting against England a few years ago.  

The best thing that could happen the Scottish Indpendence movement is that FIFA make all 4 countries play as 1 (its not going to happen as they control the board) but it would be one way of guaranteeing a yes vote in the Indpendence referendum. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:07pm

Confused

If someone believes they are non British that much well then do not compete for Britain or receive the funding from the UK Sports Council. 

If people believed in an independent Scotland or Wales etc they would not be playing for the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Murray is a perfect example. He is a scottish nationalist when it suits him but plays for the Uk when it suits him too and it suits his pocket. He was told to zip his mouth over shouting against England a few years ago.  

The best thing that could happen the Scottish Indpendence movement is that FIFA make all 4 countries play as 1 (its not going to happen as they control the board) but it would be one way of guaranteeing a yes vote in the Indpendence referendum. 
ffs, he answered a question about who he would be supporting in the World cup jokingly by saying whoever England's playing. Probably the same as every other Scottish sports fan outside of Ibrokes. As a sympathiser of Scottish independence, when did he ever come out and claim to be fully in favour?

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:29pm

I know, it was his sponsors that told him to zip his mouth over that harmless comment.  

I never said he cam out and claimed he was fully in favour. 

That is the point. Its the people who are riding two horses at the same time. 

If you are British and playing for the Uk sing the song. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:36pm
The most bizarre one of the lot was the young lad in the british cycling team hines i think his name is

The lad is german yet he was the only one singing gstq- hoy didnt even sing it and the chaps knighted

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:46pm

I know, it was his sponsors that told him to zip his mouth over that harmless comment.  

I never said he cam out and claimed he was fully in favour. 

That is the point. Its the people who are riding two horses at the same time. 

If you are British and playing for the Uk sing the song. 
What if you are English, in favour of a Union. atheist and republican? Or any combination thereof. It is a strange national anthem. I would find it difficult to pledge allegiance to our anthem if it was anathema to my beliefs. Also in the Scots case they have to enter as a united 'team GB'(tm). They have to respect it. I can actually understand where Morgan's comments about Hoy are coming from, if he is willing to bow before Lizzie and take the title then he may as well sing it, but what difference does it make?

I will say this whole Team GB(tm) bullsh*t fest is coming at a very coincidental time in relation to the Scottish independence question and no doubt the strength of unity, many Scots have won medals in team events, will be bandied about by the Unionist argument.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

What if you are English, in favour of a Union. atheist and republican? Or any combination thereof. It is a strange national anthem. I would find it difficult to pledge allegiance to our anthem if it was anathema to my beliefs. Also in the Scots case they have to enter as a united 'team GB'(tm). They have to respect it. I can actually understand where Morgan's comments about Hoy are coming from, if he is willing to bow before Lizzie and take the title then he may as well sing it, but what difference does it make?

I will say this whole Team GB(tm) bullsh*t fest is coming at a very coincidental time in relation to the Scottish independence question and no doubt the strength of unity, many Scots have won medals in team events, will be bandied about by the Unionist argument.

It's a strange national anthem no matter what type of English person you are. Am I right in saying they must be the only country in the world who don't have their own national anthem? 

I would be embarrassed to sing that if I was English or British. I don't see how a country's national anthem should focus solely on one person. 

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:01pm
I think its more the title regardless of the person. 

Its a consitutional monarchy and most British people seem happy enough with that, not that they are asked about it really. 

If you believe in the UK and you believe in a Constitutional Monarchy its the anthem for you. 

Is England a country, I don't believe it is. 

The country is the UK.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:06pm

I think its more the title regardless of the person. 

Its a consitutional monarchy and most British people seem happy enough with that, not that they are asked about it really. 

If you believe in the UK and you believe in a Constitutional Monarchy its the anthem for you

Is England a country, I don't believe it is. 

The country is the UK.
And if you don't, but are a successful athlete, you should bugger off somewhere else?

-------------

Posted By: Smartalex
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

no thats pierce brosnan ffs

achtung surrender

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:11pm

Confused

baldrick you normally come up with good stuff but that is completely off the wall !

if you are a sportsman you compete at the highest level possible, if there are government grants for being exceptional then you take them regardless of you political beliefs ,

why should someone have to sing that dirge if they dont want to , jessica ennis has done enough for the UK and the olympics to pay back the UK sports council 100 times over and people complain she doesnt want to sing the song ? laughable.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

achtung surrender

Piers Morgan is from an Irish background.
Morgan was actually born Piers O’Meara to a father who hailed from Co. Offaly. 

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:14pm

Don't compete and stand by your principals. 

Many an athlete has boycotted things due to their principals. 

As I said people can't have it both ways.

They can't be Scottish or Welsh nationalists but still take the money as part of the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Hoy gets the benefit of the Manchester set up. If he was Scottish competing for Scotland he may not get such infrastructure.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Smartalex
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:17pm

achtung surrender

ye but that doesnt make him irish, hes british

They can't be Scottish or Welsh nationalists but still take the money as part of the UK or Team GB or whatever they want to call it. 

Hoy gets the benefit of the Manchester set up. If he was Scottish competing for Scotland he may not get such infrastructure.

Confused

Such a bizarre way to look at it

You are sounding more and more like adolf hitler with every post on this subject

Scottish team?Confused

What about the likes of st ledger etc- should they not play for ireland then?

-------------

utter rot , of course they can , you compete under the flag your country flies.

they are standing by their principles by not singing the anthem and good luck to them.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:22pm
there is no point in arguing with that sort of logic

-------------

Posted By: greengiant
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:26pm

achtung surrender

Keep that to yourself HB! Thumbs Up

-------------
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

achtung surrender

Keep that to yourself HB! Thumbs Up

LOL

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:33pm
Why should any of us give a gee who sings GSTFQ anyhow? 

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: MaradonaSeven
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:37pm

What, like roads and bridges and the likes??

Posted By: shouty
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:53pm
Don't we have Ireland's call   So we can't lecture anyone

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

Eh the Manchester Velodrome is a perfect example of such infrastrucuture. 

Its double standards lads.  

You can sleight the idea of Britishness and then benefit from it. 

I have had good chats with lads who are in the SNP about this and they all agree.  If you do not believe in the idea of Britishness then vote with your feet, its the only way to bring about the independence of Scotland. 

Having feet in both camps is a cop out.

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:14pm
Why can't you win a gold medal like Murray or Hoy did and vote for independence in 2014 when they have their referendum.
You say they should vote with their feet, I say they should vote at the booth when they have their chance, that is the only way to bring about an independent Scotland, not by Murray or Hoy boycotting the Olympics because they have to do so in the Great British team.
Do you honestly think people will vote to stay in Britain because Andy Murray won a gold medal at the London Olympics?!

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 4:43pm
I never said that did it but hey lets make up stuff and then debate that way it can be more fun alright.  

The best way ever to get an indendent Scotland would be for FIFA to force Scotland England and Norn Ireland and Wales to play as one. 

Many of those who sit on the fence at the moment would be outraged. 

Why is it not ok for the Scottish footballers to play for Team GB (sic)  and it is ok for Hoy or Murray etc. 

I have no problem with any of them doing whatever they want to do.  Its the foot in both camps that is double standards. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:12pm

The best way ever to get an indendent Scotland would be for FIFA to force Scotland England and Norn Ireland and Wales to play as one. 

The only way to get an independent Scotland is through a referendum with the majority voting for it. FIFA will NEVER force the four teams to play as one and well you know it so it's a futile point you are making here.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:13pm

jaysis

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:14pm

The only way to get an independent Scotland is through a referendum with the majority voting for it. FIFA will NEVER force the four teams to play as one and well you know it so it's a futile point you are making here.

Thats a given but what I am saying is that there are many people who live in scotland who are happy or at least dont give a sh*t if its indendent or not, but if there football team was taken away from them it would push them to vote for independence.   The undecided are going to decide the referendum and things like sport can make a difference.   I do not think it will happen, but I would not rule it out either. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:16pm

jaysis
Roger you are making feck all contributions to this except pulling quotes out.  Anyway my post above explains that view point. 

As I said the undecideds are going to determin the result of the referendum in a few years if they were faced with their abolishing of their football team which technically should happen, however FIFA make an exception whereas the Olympica movement do not, that would be the case. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:21pm

I do not think it will happen, but I would not rule it out either. 

Explain to us how it would happen seeing as you are not ruling it out?

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:24pm
Independent Scotland

They still talking about that sh*te. It will never happen.

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:25pm

I do not think it will happen, but I would not rule it out either. 

Explain to us how it would happen seeing as you are not ruling it out?

Probably through a majority of the FIFA Executive Committee bringing it about. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:37pm
The same FIFA Executive Committee that currently has Jim Boyce as a vice president?! NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 5:42pm

He is one of 6 vice presidents and the membership of the executive is massive. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Executive_Committee" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Executive_Committee
Name Nationality
President
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter" rel="nofollow - Sepp Blatter  Switzerland
Senior Vice-President
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_Grondona" rel="nofollow - Julio Grondona  Argentina
Vice-Presidents
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issa_Hayatou" rel="nofollow - Issa Hayatou  Cameroon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ngel_Mar%C3%ADa_Villar" rel="nofollow - Ángel María Villar  Spain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Platini" rel="nofollow - Michel Platini  France
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Chung" rel="nofollow - David Chung  Papua New Guinea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Ali_Bin_Al-Hussein" rel="nofollow - Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein  Jordan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Boyce" rel="nofollow - Jim Boyce   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland" rel="nofollow - Northern Ireland
Vacant CONCACAF representative
Members
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_DHooghe" rel="nofollow - Michel D'Hooghe  Belgium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9Eenes_Erzik" rel="nofollow - Şenes Erzik  Turkey
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Worawi_Makudi&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Worawi Makudi  Thailand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Blazer" rel="nofollow - Chuck Blazer  United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicol%C3%A1s_Leoz" rel="nofollow - Nicolás Leoz  Paraguay
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marios_Lefkaritis&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Marios Lefkaritis  Cyprus
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jacques_Anouma&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Jacques Anouma   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory_Coast" rel="nofollow - Ivory Coast
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rafael_Salguero&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Rafael Salguero  Guatemala
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hany_Abo_Rida&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Hany Abo Rida  Egypt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaly_Mutko" rel="nofollow - Vitaly Mutko  Russia
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mohammed_Raouraoua&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Mohammed Raouraoua  Algeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Manilal_Fernando&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Manilal Fernando  Sri Lanka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Zwanziger" rel="nofollow - Theo Zwanziger  Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Jilong" rel="nofollow - Zhang Jilong  People's Republic of China
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marco_del_Nero&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Marco del Nero  Brazil
General Secretary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_Valcke" rel="nofollow - Jérôme Valcke  France
Name Nationality
President
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter" rel="nofollow - Sepp Blatter  Switzerland
Senior Vice-President
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_Grondona" rel="nofollow - Julio Grondona  Argentina
Vice-Presidents
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issa_Hayatou" rel="nofollow - Issa Hayatou  Cameroon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81ngel_Mar%C3%ADa_Villar" rel="nofollow - Ángel María Villar  Spain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Platini" rel="nofollow - Michel Platini  France
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Chung" rel="nofollow - David Chung  Papua New Guinea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Ali_Bin_Al-Hussein" rel="nofollow - Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein  Jordan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Boyce" rel="nofollow - Jim Boyce   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland" rel="nofollow - Northern Ireland
Vacant CONCACAF representative
Members
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_DHooghe" rel="nofollow - Michel D'Hooghe  Belgium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9Eenes_Erzik" rel="nofollow - Şenes Erzik  Turkey
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Worawi_Makudi&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Worawi Makudi  Thailand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Blazer" rel="nofollow - Chuck Blazer  United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicol%C3%A1s_Leoz" rel="nofollow - Nicolás Leoz  Paraguay
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marios_Lefkaritis&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Marios Lefkaritis  Cyprus
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jacques_Anouma&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Jacques Anouma   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory_Coast" rel="nofollow - Ivory Coast
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rafael_Salguero&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Rafael Salguero  Guatemala
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hany_Abo_Rida&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Hany Abo Rida  Egypt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaly_Mutko" rel="nofollow - Vitaly Mutko  Russia
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mohammed_Raouraoua&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Mohammed Raouraoua  Algeria
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Manilal_Fernando&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Manilal Fernando  Sri Lanka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Zwanziger" rel="nofollow - Theo Zwanziger  Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Jilong" rel="nofollow - Zhang Jilong  People's Republic of China
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marco_del_Nero&action=edit&redlink=1" rel="nofollow - Marco del Nero  Brazil
General Secretary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_Valcke" rel="nofollow - Jérôme Valcke  France

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 6:05pm
8 vice presidents and 15 members isn't massive. Plus, point out which of these countries would even table that motion, let alone back it. It's impractical and never going to happen Baldrick.

Not getting into this stupid argument anyway, off out to celebrate one of our greatest sports people ever. Have a good one yourself Thumbs Up

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 6:06pm
Piers Morgan just donated 1,000 to charity because the Irish crowd sang the anthem loudly.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 6:08pm
Actually one more thing before I head off...

I'll wait for the 'why doesn't he give it to an Irish hospital' comments.

Some people will never be happy!!

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 6:15pm

8 vice presidents and 15 members isn't massive. Plus, point out which of these countries would even table that motion, let alone back it. It's impractical and never going to happen Baldrick.

Not getting into this stupid argument anyway, off out to celebrate one of our greatest sports people ever. Have a good one yourself Thumbs Up
Its silly to say things like it will never happen. 

People said that about the many things that have proven to happen. 

Its unlikely to happen is a much more sensible and accurate thing to say to be honest.  

It is possible that some of these countries may get pissed off with the UK countries and table a motion. I would never like to guess the behaviour of the FIFA Executive. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: shouty
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:01pm
Fair play to Morgan we all know Irish kids who have gone to gosh even if he bugs the sh*te out of me

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2012 at 7:12pm
He's a complete prick but I have to say fair play on this one

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 3:12am

I have had good chats with lads who are in the SNP about this and they all agree.  If you do not believe in the idea of Britishness then vote with your feet, its the only way to bring about the independence of Scotland. 

But they pay for Manchester. The money comes from the UK wide  lottery fund and from government funding via taxes. Therefore the Scots/Welsh/NI have every right to do so. If they were nationalist they would probably believe they have more than a right to claim back what their fellow countrymen have paid for

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 9:24am

Its silly to say things like it will never happen

Its unlikely to happen is a much more sensible and accurate thing to say to be honest.  

It is possible that some of these countries may get pissed off with the UK countries and table a motion. I would never like to guess the behaviour of the FIFA Executive. 

Your quote copied and pasted -

Agree with RM, normally you talk sense but in this you are coming across all wrong and also condescending to be honest with you.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 9:28am

Roger you are making feck all contributions to this except pulling quotes out.  Anyway my post above explains that view point. 

As I said the undecideds are going to determin the result of the referendum in a few years if they were faced with their abolishing of their football team which technically should happen, however FIFA make an exception whereas the Olympica movement do not, that would be the case. 

what contribution are you making except to propose that the people of scotland the vast percentage of whom dont even follow football would be willing to mortgage their countries future due to a prospective FIFA edict , you are talking uttter sh*te baldrick  Sleepy

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:00am

what contribution are you making except to propose that the people of scotland the vast percentage of whom dont even follow football would be willing to mortgage their countries future due to a prospective FIFA edict , you are talking uttter sh*te baldrick  Sleepy

Again the straw man technique that is not what i said. 

Roughly the polls are about 60/40 in favour of the union at the moment.  There is a decent amount of undecideds in Scotland.  
What I am saying is that some of those undecideds would move over to the pro indpendence side if remaining in the Union meant the abolition of their football team. 

You just have to look at silly things like the rise in indpendence support after Braveheart was released.  The problem with a lot of political theory is that it presumes people always vote logical with all the facts in front of them, whereas various referenda do not suggest that at all and some decisions can be based on fairly whimsical basis.  Reaad the thread on the latest EU referendum here in Ireland so see that. 

The referendum is going to be fairly tight in Scotland and the SNP are now the largest party in Scotland. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:04am

Its silly to say things like it will never happen

Your quote copied and pasted -

Agree with RM, normally you talk sense but in this you are coming across all wrong and also condescending to be honest with you.
Do they control the exectutive though, and if the change is made is it made by the executive or the board.  

Again I am not saying this is likely or iminent but its not impossible and to say things will never happen is extremly naive considering what history teaches us about suprising things happen.  

My above post says it but basically in a tight referendum vote which it will be, little things can make all the difference. 

An abolition of their national team could and in my opinion would be the kick up the hole some of the undecideds need to vote for indpendnce rather than not even turn up to vote. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:05am
I like Piers. Always praising the Irish on twitter too. And  fair play for the donation

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:07am

But they pay for Manchester. The money comes from the UK wide  lottery fund and from government funding via taxes. Therefore the Scots/Welsh/NI have every right to do so. If they were nationalist they would probably believe they have more than a right to claim back what their fellow countrymen have paid for

They do have every right to use it as it is, but if they were an independent country like Ireland, they would nnot have such a facility because the economy of scale allows them access to greater facilities under the UK than they would have under and Indpendent Scotland.  This is my whole point They are having their cake and eating it.  You cannot be a Scottish nationalist and refuse the idea of Britishness but take advantage of the economy of scale benefits that come from being part of a greater population mass without being accused of double standards.  That is the crucial point to the whole thing. 

Scottish athletes have greater access to better facilities than Irish athletes do because they are part of this bigger enttiy. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:08am
Baldrick, you dismiss my comments by saying it's silly to say things like it will never happen and it's unlikely to happen is a much more sensible and accurate thing to say to be honest when you yourself said it's not going to happen. That's a contradiction and condescending.

I'm not talking about the executive, I'm talking about how you dismiss my comments when it's exactly the same thing that you said in an earlier post. You can't have it both ways.

And by the way, why do you have such a problem spelling independence?

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:20am
I said its unlikely to happen.   There is a difference between saying something is never going to happen and saying something is unlikely to happen. 

I think its unlikely to happen that the FIFA Executive will end the special position that the UK countries hold within FIFA but its not impossible and I would not dare suggest it will never happen especially with the relationship between the FA and the rest of FIFA. 

I have not dismissed any comments, I have my opinion and you have yours. You are totally entitled to take up your opinion and I would fight for the right for you to make your opinion freely.  

I tend not to agree with some of it, but thats hardly revolutionary on an forum for a difference of opinion. 

On the indpendence thing, I am speed typing so its just a typo,  sorry about that.  I will make sure and will do my best not to make that mistake again.   But I cannot guarantee it.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:37am

I said its unlikely to happen.   There is a difference between saying something is never going to happen and saying something is unlikely to happen.  What you said - (its not going to happen as they control the board) How is that saying it's unlikely to happen?! That's saying it's not going to happen.

I think its unlikely to happen that the FIFA Executive will end the special position that the UK countries hold within FIFA but its not impossible and I would not dare suggest it will never happen especially with the relationship between the FA and the rest of FIFA. 
See my point above, you quite clearly did say it's not going to happen so you are contradicting yourself!

I have not dismissed any comments, I have my opinion and you have yours. You are totally entitled to take up your opinion and I would fight for the right for you to make your opinion freely.  

I tend not to agree with some of it, but thats hardly revolutionary on an forum for a difference of opinion. This is the part where you're coming across as condescending. I have the brain cells to understand it's a forum and people have different opinions, you have intelligent people like yourself and thicks like Ger, I'm not debating that point. I am debating that you told me it's silly to say it's not going to happen when you yourself said it earlier and you are now, quite remarkably, denying you said it when I've pointed it out twice to you.

On the indpendence thing, I am speed typing so its just a typo,  sorry about that.  I will make sure and will do my best not to make that mistake again.   But I cannot guarantee it.  
If was only a question to lighten the mood!

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:39am

well its some jump from that to being the defining event in the breakup of the united kingdom .

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 10:57am

I said its unlikely to happen.   There is a difference between saying something is never going to happen and saying something is unlikely to happen.  What you said - (its not going to happen as they control the board) How is that saying it's unlikely to happen?! That's saying it's not going to happen.

See my point above, you quite clearly did say it's not going to happen so you are contradicting yourself!

I tend not to agree with some of it, but thats hardly revolutionary on an forum for a difference of opinion. This is the part where you're coming across as condescending. I have the brain cells to understand it's a forum and people have different opinions, you have intelligent people like yourself and thicks like Ger, I'm not debating that point. I am debating that you told me it's silly to say it's not going to happen when you yourself said it earlier and you are now, quite remarkably, denying you said it when I've pointed it out twice to you.

If was only a question to lighten the mood!

I have since learned that my original point is incorrect and they may control the board but they do not control the executive. 

So I agree that is a  contradiction, and I withdraw my original comments than it is not going to happen because they control the board as I was wrong there. 

I should not have made that point about the board and it not going to happen, it was a throwaway comment that I did give due diligence to. 

Any time I have met Gerk he comes across as a smart guy.    I would not rate myself at all in the intelligence field and feel that I need further work on this area as my above misake proves. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:00am
Was that so hard?!

Posted By: Hoosay
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:01am
This debate is bullsh*t. It's up to each individual athlete how they react, it's nothing to do with nationality. Where is the evidence that Chris Hoy didn't sing GSTQ because he's Scottish? From where I was watching he didn't sing because he was too overcome with emotion. Bradey Wiggens didn't sing it, is that because he's an English nationalist?

Piers Morgans is an utter ****, and a supreme WUM, and most of all a massive self publicist. If he wanted to make a donation to Great Ormond St he could have done so without drawing attention to himself. Who the f**k is he to decide how someone who has dedicated years of their life to winning gold should react when they finally win?

Katie Taylor didn't sing, does that make her less Irish?

Anyway if you were to follow protocol then not singing is the correct reaction.

Morgan should be in prison not spouting sh*t on Twitter or CNN.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:03am

Not at all, I had forgotton I had I posted that silly comment about the board and it not going to happen. 

I don't believe in making definitive statements about the future and that was a stupid one on my part.  My view is that its unlikely to happen and it would be silly and stupid by anyone and I include myself in this to same it would never happen. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:04am
baldrick Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:10am
Good man BaldrickHug

Now, back to topic, Morgan uses twitter to his advantage. My problem with twitter is people who follow people just to abuse them, don't follow them if you think that person is a ****. Never get that mindset with some people.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:11am
i refuse to follow morgan as i cannot stand him , i also ask people not to retweet his rubbish as well,

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:58am
Paddy barnes LOL

Says to morgan on twitter keep your 1k for a face lift Clap

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:26pm
morgan replies: Shall we split it? Looks like we could both do with one

LOL

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:29pm
hes worthless scum and a

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

morgan replies: Shall we split it? Looks like we could both do with one

LOL

dont like morgan but that was a good comeback on davy keogh

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:23pm

They do have every right to use it as it is, but if they were an independent country like Ireland, they would nnot have such a facility because the economy of scale allows them access to greater facilities under the UK than they would have under and Indpendent Scotland.  This is my whole point They are having their cake and eating it.  You cannot be a Scottish nationalist and refuse the idea of Britishness but take advantage of the economy of scale benefits that come from being part of a greater population mass without being accused of double standards.  That is the crucial point to the whole thing. 

Scottish athletes have greater access to better facilities than Irish athletes do because they are part of this bigger enttiy. 
So they should make their tax money null and void, let Whitehall take and distribute it and not use itLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:42pm
So are you saying it would fine for for an Irish Republican to compete for Team GB

It's a fun game putting words in peoples mouth

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 1:46pm

So are you saying it would fine for for an Irish Republican to compete for Team GB

It's a fun game putting words in peoples mouth
They have a choice

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:43pm
Comes across as a creepy aul **** in his life stories programme. 
Anytime I've seen him interviewing a woman it isn't long until the topic turns to sex
Have it on in the background here he's interviewing Gemma Collins ffs and has been talking about the possibility that she might have made a sex tape before for the last 10 minutes

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:27pm
LOL https://www.irishtimes.com/news/piers-morgan-storms-off-tv-show-when-criticised-for-treatment-of-meghan-markle-1.4505209" rel="nofollow"> LOL

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/piers-morgan-storms-off-tv-show-when-criticised-for-treatment-of-meghan-markle-1.4505209" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/piers-morgan-storms-off-tv-show-when-criticised-for-treatment-of-meghan-markle-1.4505209

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
The state of this ****

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:30pm
An awful ****

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:34pm
https://twitter.com/luenic/status/1368838074122313728%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/luenic/status/1368838074122313728

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:39pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1369029262532042755" rel="nofollow - https://mobile.twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1369029262532042755

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:52pm

https://twitter.com/luenic/status/1368838074122313728%20" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/luenic/status/1368838074122313728

LOL LOL  she's dead right about Prince Andrew Big smile

had to copy and paste your link to view it. 

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:53pm
For all the good work he's done exposing the Tories for who they are over the election period and then over the COVID figures I was thinking he was a truly redeemed man!

It's a minor setback for him I hope LOL

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:34pm
Gone from Good Morning Britain 

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Gone from Good Morning Britain 

Tramp Thumbs Down

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: wexfordman1
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
The show was very popular over there but he's completely lost his marbles the last 48 hours

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
Will walk straight into a job on Andrew Neill's new TV network. 

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Will walk straight into a job on Andrew Neill's new TV network. 

Course he will a match made in heaven. Neill will probably given him free reign to continue his stalkerish obsession 

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm
I'd say he's been planning a stunt like this for a while, it'll feed his victimhood narrative

He'll be straight onto Andrew Neil's GB News

The logic of the market says that facts are of no intrinsic worth and that the worth of what anybody says can only be measured by the amount of reaction and engagement it generates

That's exactly what Morgan is - the perfect distillation of right wing market ideology taken to its extreme

Of no worth whatsoever as a journalist, his only reason for existence is shout, to shock, to generate reaction, to get people to look at him and talk about him

He is a true product of our age of stupidity

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net