You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pat Fenlon @ Hibs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pat Fenlon @ Hibs
    Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 1:04pm
Colin Calderwood has been sacked by Hibs, Michael O'Neill will surely be linked with the post again.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

samscafe View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samscafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:51am
Calderwood has been a disaster for Hibs.  Wonder if wee Gordon Strachan would fancy managing his boyhood heroes.
Certain mods are complete wankstains
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:02am
that sacking has been a long time in coming.
put em under pressure!
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 2:30pm

Alot of Hibs fans want O'Neill to be there next manager
Say nothing till you hear more
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 2:36pm
Billy Stark might be worth a small bet!!

Im surprised Caldo was kept on for so long tbh , he should have been sacked at the end of last season imo
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm
roddy collins will link himself to it
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 4:44pm

Surprised Strachan is a long price at 17........O'Neill will leave if they match/exceed Rovers contract offer and I wouldn't blame him if he took it offered it, but Jaysus it's a tough job whoever takes it on.  I'm not sure I'd be betting on it though, pretty open list.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The Joker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 4:55pm
Hope MON gets it
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 3:24am
Will be interesting to see if MON is willing to risk it all and relocate the family to work for Petrie. I think he will manage the soups at some stage, but not sure about now.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 3:37am
Think MON should test himself at a higher level to progress his career
probably taken Rovers as far as he can

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 6:03am
a tough job there. being behind hearts alone is bad for Hibs, never mind celtic and rangers.

they havent been competing for a long time, much like aberdeen and they need to sort themselves out.
put em under pressure!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 9:23am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

But is Hibs a higher level? That is the whole point.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:25am
Much bigger club mate,no question
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:30am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

But is Hibs a higher level? That is the whole point.

Absolutley
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:36am
Hibs are a joke , MON should stay at Shamrock Rovers , go for 3iar

Jimmy Calderwood will be the new hibs boss
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:22am
Sorry BSM, how can MON have taken Rovers as far as he can?  Surely more progress in the Europa League or (dream on........) Champo League level.  His progress has steadily improved in his 3 years and there's more to come in my opinion.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:25pm

While it's great to see that clubs arent bending over for other clubs outside Ireland (Bohs with Dundee United, Cook turning down St Johnstone), I can't help but feel that it's the only way managers will get noticed. Not sure how many managers have gone to England from Ireland in recent times but reckon it's close to none.

If a manager wants to be reckonised in Ireland then moving to Scotland and finshing 3rd is much better than winning the league in Ireland (with the biggest budget I might add). There has been plenty of examples of managers going from Scotland to England so the proof is there.

"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Absolutley

They are a complete mess from top to bottom. Players discipline out the window, no money, chairman at war with his board and the rest. 8 managers in 5 years, with only Mowbray lasting a year - and even then not a full season. I would also doubt the money would be that much better, certainly not enough of a bump to relocate three young kids.

It will happen at some point I would guess, but unlikely this time.

As for MON taking Rovers as far as he can - you wish BSM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic