Forum Description: All football chat from around the globe
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=33881
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:06pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pat Fenlon @ Hibs
Posted By: Absolutely Use
Subject: Pat Fenlon @ Hibs
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 1:04pm
Colin Calderwood has been sacked by Hibs, Michael O'Neill will surely be linked with the post again.

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Replies:
Posted By: samscafe
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:51am
Calderwood has been a disaster for Hibs.  Wonder if wee Gordon Strachan would fancy managing his boyhood heroes.

-------------
Certain mods are complete wankstains

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:02am
that sacking has been a long time in coming.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 2:30pm

Alot of Hibs fans want O'Neill to be there next manager

-------------

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 2:36pm
Billy Stark might be worth a small bet!!

Im surprised Caldo was kept on for so long tbh , he should have been sacked at the end of last season imo

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm
roddy collins will link himself to it

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 4:44pm

Surprised Strachan is a long price at 17........O'Neill will leave if they match/exceed Rovers contract offer and I wouldn't blame him if he took it offered it, but Jaysus it's a tough job whoever takes it on.  I'm not sure I'd be betting on it though, pretty open list.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: The Joker
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 4:55pm
Hope MON gets it

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 3:24am
Will be interesting to see if MON is willing to risk it all and relocate the family to work for Petrie. I think he will manage the soups at some stage, but not sure about now.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 3:37am
Think MON should test himself at a higher level to progress his career
probably taken Rovers as far as he can

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: dunloybhoy
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 6:03am
a tough job there. being behind hearts alone is bad for Hibs, never mind celtic and rangers.

they havent been competing for a long time, much like aberdeen and they need to sort themselves out.

-------------
put em under pressure!

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 9:23am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

But is Hibs a higher level? That is the whole point.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:25am
Much bigger club mate,no question

-------------

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:30am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

But is Hibs a higher level? That is the whole point.

Absolutley

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Posted By: tonyjaa
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:36am
Hibs are a joke , MON should stay at Shamrock Rovers , go for 3iar

Jimmy Calderwood will be the new hibs boss

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:22am
Sorry BSM, how can MON have taken Rovers as far as he can?  Surely more progress in the Europa League or (dream on........) Champo League level.  His progress has steadily improved in his 3 years and there's more to come in my opinion.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: sullo-bohs
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:25pm

While it's great to see that clubs arent bending over for other clubs outside Ireland (Bohs with Dundee United, Cook turning down St Johnstone), I can't help but feel that it's the only way managers will get noticed. Not sure how many managers have gone to England from Ireland in recent times but reckon it's close to none.

If a manager wants to be reckonised in Ireland then moving to Scotland and finshing 3rd is much better than winning the league in Ireland (with the biggest budget I might add). There has been plenty of examples of managers going from Scotland to England so the proof is there.

-------------
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Absolutley

They are a complete mess from top to bottom. Players discipline out the window, no money, chairman at war with his board and the rest. 8 managers in 5 years, with only Mowbray lasting a year - and even then not a full season. I would also doubt the money would be that much better, certainly not enough of a bump to relocate three young kids.

It will happen at some point I would guess, but unlikely this time.

As for MON taking Rovers as far as he can - you wish BSM.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

While it's great to see that clubs arent bending over for other clubs outside Ireland (Bohs with Dundee United, Cook turning down St Johnstone), I can't help but feel that it's the only way managers will get noticed. Not sure how many managers have gone to England from Ireland in recent times but reckon it's close to none.

If a manager wants to be reckonised in Ireland then moving to Scotland and finshing 3rd is much better than winning the league in Ireland (with the biggest budget I might add). There has been plenty of examples of managers going from Scotland to England so the proof is there.

Roddy
Cooke
Foster
Kenna
Connors
Farrelly (kinda)

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 1:46pm

Roddy
Cooke
Foster
Kenna
Connors
Farrelly (kinda)

Some pretty bad examples there though, all have either come back after poor spells in charge of their clubs or finished managing all together. What I meant when I said no manager has gone to England is no manager has gone and succeeded/ is still there.

It actually proves my point that if you wanna stand a chance of moving up in management terms then going to the SPL is probably a better choice than staying in Ireland.

-------------
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm

Some pretty bad examples there though, all have either come back after poor spells in charge of their clubs or finished managing all together. What I meant when I said no manager has gone to England is no manager has gone and succeeded/ is still there.

It actually proves my point that if you wanna stand a chance of moving up in management terms then going to the SPL is probably a better choice than staying in Ireland.

Its wishful thinking on your part. The salient reality is the bigger clubs in the league can retain their manager when the SPL come knocking. Cooke and odds on MON. The mid table sides like Bohs have to fight to hang onto theirs. 

MON will manage a bigger club than Rovers at some point. But it wont be the soups this time round

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:56pm

Its wishful thinking on your part. The salient reality is the bigger clubs in the league can retain their manager when the SPL come knocking. Cooke and odds on MON. The mid table sides like Bohs have to fight to hang onto theirs. 

MON will manage a bigger club than Rovers at some point. But it wont be the soups this time round

Bohs didn't have to fight when Fenlon was linked with Dundee United, they gave a price and it wasn't met, simple as, not much of a fight if you ask me as we were happy to see him move on but didn't bend over for them so your sly dig was missed.

It doesn't concern me who manages Rovers or anyone for that matter other than Bohs but the stark reality is managing Hibs is going to do more for your career than managing in the LOI. I think this is the best it will get for Rovers europe wise so winning the league with a huge budget year in year out will prove nothing. He should take this chance to move on and better himself otherwise he could end up like Fenlon, would Dundee United come looking for him now? Prob not.

-------------

Posted By: Siralex
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:57pm

Roddy
Cooke
Foster
Kenna
Connors
Farrelly (kinda)

Sam Allardyce and Lawrie Sanchez have both managed in the Premier League after coming from LOI...

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:49pm
Insider tells me MON is heading to Scotland on Sat morning to sign a contract

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:41pm
Inside where

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:13am
His head.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:17am
If Hibs had a million quid to give MON & they had a squad of decent players then it would be a good move for him , but seriously Hibs are broke , struggling badly & have a squad filled with average players i reckon MON should hold on keep doing what he's doing at Rovers & move to a bigger club when the times right....Scottish Football is on its knee's

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

If Hibs had a million quid to give MON & they had a squad of decent players then it would be a good move for him , but seriously Hibs are broke , struggling badly & have a squad filled with average players i reckon MON should hold on keep doing what he's doing at Rovers & move to a bigger club when the times right....Scottish Football is on its knee's

agreed and did he not just say he was staying at rovers? hibs wont be in europe next year rovers willClap

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:10pm
If i told you who the insider was she wouldn't be an insider anymore hence the secrecy...dont say i told you so.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:47pm
o'neill and magilton were at Glentoran 2 0 Linfield last nite

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by The Joker The Joker wrote:

sh*te insider!

-------------
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job

Posted By: Cotsy
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 7:11am
Fenlon offered a 3.5 year deal, boils down to whether he wants to uproot his family. I think and hope he will. Hope it works out for him, could be a top manager.

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Originally posted by The Joker The Joker wrote:

sh*te insider!

Pretty sure he went over on Saturday for an interview. That was about it

Posted By: MrFantastico
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 8:51am
His family would be arseholes if they ruined his chance, especially since edinburgh is a lovely city unlike dundee the cesspit of the north (excluding glasgow)

-------------
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH

Posted By: Tiocfaidh Armani
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

On its knees? Bit dramatic there. The new SPL TV deal from SKY/ESPN just signed will see all SPL teams get in TV money what Shamrock Rovers turn over in a year.

Hibs have a world class training facility that they spent something like £6 million on. They've a good stadium with a brand new stand completed and are a full time outfit, unlike Rovers. You have eight games a year against Celtic and Rangers and overall it's a better standard of football.

I'm sorry but this stadium pees all over anything in Ireland and they actually own that 20,000 seater stadium and built it themselves. People forget Scotland is a country with 5 million people, it's made something like seven European finals with Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen, it punched above its weight for a long time and even with that they've had two Euro finals in the last decade. Name me one country with five million people that's done that? People compare Scotland to England. They have 10% the population of England ffs!

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm
We also have 85% of the UK's oil and gas, 25% of Europe's offshore wind resource, and 25% of food and drink exports in the UK come from Scotland.............that's why we should be independent

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by samscafe samscafe wrote:

We also have 85% of the UK's oil and gas, 25% of Europe's offshore wind resource, and 25% of food and drink exports in the UK come from Scotland.............that's why we should be independent

I agreeClap

And don't forget your whisky the yanks seem to love so muchBig smile

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 4:57pm
When is the new manager to be unvailed

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 2:11am
Today i hear. Some time in the afternoon.

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:23am
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html
Official now. Best of luck to him, hope he does well.

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:13am
Good appointment for them, think he'll do well.  Best of luck to him, will be keeping an eye out for the Hibs results now....

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:27am
Its a step down imo. Why anybody would want to live and work in that cesspit is beyond me.

-------------
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:45am
I know Bohs are a huge club Landon and the bohs job is a huge job Wink but Edinburgh is meant to be a lovely city no?

Anyway, the Bring Roddy Home campaign can get in full swing now!!

-------------
Bohs Till I Die

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 7:05am
I've been to Edinburgh Cotsy. Its a kip.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Edinburgh is a beautiful city, much nicer than Dublin, what feckin part were you inShocked

He's playing for a club with a modern 20,000 seater stadium, 10,000+ at every game. Who in the LOI has that?

Look at the training complex he'll be working in every day, we won't be expected to do a handyman job here like in the backward LOI and you even get paid on time at Hibs, imagine thatLOL

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TrainingCentre - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TrainingCentre

Last three pics sum it up, he's working in world class facilities.

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Tiocfaidh Armani Tiocfaidh Armani wrote:

Edinburgh is a beautiful city, much nicer than Dublin, what feckin part were you inShocked

He's playing for a club with a modern 20,000 seater stadium, 10,000+ at every game. Who in the LOI has that?

Look at the training complex he'll be working in every day, we won't be expected to do a handyman job here like in the backward LOI and you even get paid on time at Hibs, imagine thatLOL

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TrainingCentre - http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TrainingCentre

Last three pics sum it up, he's working in world class facilities.

Are you arguing with yourself here fella ??LOL

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 10:37am

Ha ha - are people serious saying that Pat Fenlon has taken a step down by moving from Bohemians to Hibernian?  That's mental talk....

Best of luck Pat....a bit of an asshole to deal with, which was a big letdown for me cos I used to love Pat when I was a kid playing on the wing for St Pat's....but he is one angry f**ker with the world.  That's just his character...it's probably an attribute that makes him a great manager, he;s never satisfied!

I hope he does well in Edinburgh (a great city to live in even if it's atmosphere is a little overrated, it's a stunning looking city)....but the chances are he will find it tough.   Successful managers who have moved to Scotland in the past have all been let go within two years.....

...and for the record, it's a massive step up!  A huge climb up the ladder.  he;s gone from a semi-professional league, to a professional league for starters!  

Shamrock Rovers fans must be delighted, Michael O'Neill is a winner!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 10:44am
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

Pretty sure he went over on Saturday for an interview. That was about it
I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Certain in fact.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:35pm
Edinburgh is a cracking spot, lived there for 2 years. I loved it, its better than Dublin

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:23pm
nutsy's a **** but best of luck to him,hope he's a major success, good manager[:Y;]

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 6:54pm
Best of luck to nutsy.  Very good manger and lets hope he can do well at Hibs. Interesting to see who Bohs for next, probably Heary. 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 4:00am

Interesting to see what players he brings over to Hibss in January

Posted By: celts88
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 5:49am
Like to see pat do well at hibs.It all depends on the money he is given to strenghen the squad.

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 8:31am
1-0 Richie Towell.

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 12:04pm
Great to see an Irish Man at helm at the Hibs. Scotlands original Irish ClubSmile

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 12:42pm
best of luck to nutsy, met him through work a few times and he's a decent skin

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Weecounty Weecounty wrote:

Great to see an Irish Man at helm at the Hibs. Scotlands original Irish ClubSmile

True but the don't really push their Irish heritage.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Posted By: Fitz
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

True - the opposite, if anything

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 9:42pm
Well now he knows the task in front of him.

Dundee Utd is another Scottish club with an Irish heritage

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

True - the opposite, if anything
The bond between Celtic an Ireland is so strong that Hibs and Dundee United resent this and it has a negitive effect on them. I can't think of 2 many Irish Hibs or Dundee United supporters.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 2:55am

You mean they are not lepregoons or turn their ground into an Irish theme park for games. Hibs have more in common with modern Ireland. The other lot are more like pre world war 2 Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 4:05am
HIBs Fans = drug adled aids victims,
Spot on with your assumption LandonClap 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 4:35am
 What has the Irish Church got to do with it?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 4:59am
well take it up with the pope then,

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 10:31am
Who will Fenlon sign in January, looking at the results of late they need some new blood

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 1:38pm
Derek Riordin, having a torrid time in China

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 1:42pm
It's a shame Riordan is such a loose cannon cos he's an excellent player.

-------------

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 5:01pm
Hibs have embraced there Irish heritage again since 2001. The harp went back on the crest after a gap of around 50 years. It will be interesting to see if Pat can turn them around, I think he will raid the LOI.

Posted By: Wearside Bhoy
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 10:18am

He's a looper.

-------------
TJ Doyles,Sunderland probably the best Irish pub in the world.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 10:20am
riordan went AWOL in China

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 11:46am

Hibs have embraced there Irish heritage again since 2001. The harp went back on the crest after a gap of around 50 years. It will be interesting to see if Pat can turn them around, I think he will raid the LOI.

Yeah it's not their crest though, it's a tiny harp that's on the crest, they couldn't care less about their Irish roots. That's up to them.

Celtic will always have that connection, the fans are passionate about it, Ireland is in the heart. They love to see an Irish player make it at Celtic. I think it's great how Celtic is the only club in Britain and Ireland to wear the National Famine Memorial Week crest every season. I think it's a nice touch.

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 11:51am

What the feck is he doing in China?

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 12:09pm
Don't think pairing O'Connor with Riordan would be the best idea.  

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:46pm

Hibs have more in common with modern Ireland. 

Really??

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Tiocfaidh Armani Tiocfaidh Armani wrote:

Celtic will always have that connection, the fans are passionate about it, Ireland is in the heart. They love to see an Irish player make it at Celtic. I think it's great how Celtic is the only club in Britain and Ireland to wear the National Famine Memorial Week crest every season. I think it's a nice touch.

ClapClap

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

What the feck is he doing in China?

The only country in the world where urine isn't tested too rigorously, which suits his lifestyle if rumour is to be believed. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 1:42pm
good start for Fenlon

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 2:51pm
Game postponed due to a fire at Fir Park with Hibs wining

-------------

Posted By: Sheikh Yerbouti
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 1:54pm

They don't really need to 'push it', though.

They wear green, they have a harp on their badge, the club motto is 'Erin Go Bragh' and they're called Hibernian.

Doesn't get much more Irish than that......

-------------
I’m technically Catholic, it’s the box you have to tick on the census form: 'Don’t believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.' - Dara Ó Briain

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:34pm
WTF happened at Fir Park?  Nutsy musta been gutted. 

-------------

Posted By: AndyMc
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:58am
Floodlights failed FW

-------------
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 3:10am
Generator went on fire

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:13pm
Hibs have a big game over the weekend with a game against fellow strugglers Aberdeen. Fenlon has now had a few weeks to put his stamp on the team. He has changed the formation bringing in 2 holding midfielders. I will watch this one with interest.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:32pm
Hardly had much time to put his stamp on things
Only 1 game against league leaders,I think
Give him a chance

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:48pm

Hardly had much time to put his stamp on things
Only 1 game against league leaders,I think
Give him a chance

Well he has been there for 3 weeks and only played 1 game so he has had plenty of time on the training pitch to access his players and get them playing the way he want them too. The fact he has only played the 1 game in 3 weeks in certainly a good thing for Fenlon as he can drum into his players his ideas.

I am wishing him well, i'm actually delighted to have a Irishman in the SPL but he needs to win the HIbs fans over early, a lot of Hibs fans didn't know who Fenlon was when he was appointed and they are a fickle bunch. I have lived in Edinburgh a few years ago and went to Easter road a few times during the McLeish era, he wasn't really the fans choice when he took over but he brought in some quality signings from the start and got them on side.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
currently 1nil to Aberdeen , player dived to win penalty , penalty scored

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
currently 1nil to Aberdeen , player dived to win penalty , penalty scored

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 11:11am
awful game v aberdeen today.....fenlon has his work cut out with that hibs team.some of the first touches and passing was awful.he badly needs another striker of quality up top with o'connor.

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Posted By: DG80
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:27am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

awful game v aberdeen today.....fenlon has his work cut out with that hibs team.some of the first touches and passing was awful.he badly needs another striker of quality up top with o'connor.

same again against hearts. watchedmost of the game and hibs were brutal. he has a tough job on his hands there.

-------------
cup champions

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:42am
Yeah watched most of this game too, they are a shambles in defence and is gonna take something special for them to improve much for the rest of the season

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:44am
They have some sh*t defence

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:06am
Hibs are dire.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:47am
Pat Fenlon has a serious job on his hands, he has inheritated a team that are simply terrible. They haven't won a game since October. The defence this season has been so poor, Paul Hanlon who was the shinning light from last season and had been rumoured to be interesting Premier League clubs looks like a Sunday League player. The midfield looks pedestrian and they are simply not scoring enough goals.
I was a bit suprised that O'Connor was dropped to the bench today he looks there best bet for a goal. The signing of Doyle could be an astute signing for Fenlon who could form a good partnership with O'Connor if he stays, but he urgently needs to strenghen his defence and  needs a decent holding midfielder. The Goalkeeper Stack also don't inspire confidence to his defence. Hibs would struggle to survive in the Airtricity League, Fenlon is lucky that Dunfermline are so poor.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:54am
Nutsy could be back in the L of I for the new season, he's got a terrible job on his hands there.  I saw that game today, they are fookin brutal Hibs.

-------------

Posted By: St.Pauli Reloaded 2
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:11am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Nutsy could be back in the L of I for the new season, he's got a terrible job on his hands there.  I saw that game today, they are fookin brutal Hibs.
Maybe take over from Kenny ?LOL seriously though, dont envy him hes got a pile of S..te playing for him .

-------------
In Martin and Roy we Trust !

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 10:19am
Its very hard to see any positives with Hibs on recent performances. The abandoning of his 1st game when Hibs were leading is a huge regret for Fenlon. You do feel that he needs to get a result under his belt. its hard to see that with the current line up. New faces are needed.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:58pm
Hibs have few big games coming up, Cowdenbeath in the cup this weekend. Fenlon needs to win this game to turn the tide before the 6 pointer against Dunfermline the following week. Hibs need to put some points between them and Dunfermline. He still needs to bring in 3 or 4 players prior to the Dumfermline game.  

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 3:05pm
Hibs losing already

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm
First victory for Hibs under Fenlon

-------------

Posted By: IrishPride
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 4:56pm
Made hard work of that lot today. Fenlon will be gone soon if he doesnt improve the team fairly lively. Has f**k all to work with though

-------------
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net