You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our Wee Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 4:04am
i registered about 4 years ago so that i could have a nosy but don't think i posted, must go on again and do a bit of fishing. Wind up the bigots.
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 4:58am
I got banned for putting a post up in that apartheid thread about the fact that the lads from the North would feel a lot more comfortable playing for us than in Windsor and are entitled to declare for us as they have the right to be either Irish or british. It was my first and last post Thumbs%20Up 

I see gspain posts there and seems to be the only Ireland fan they let post on there and actually listen to and not ban.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I got banned for putting a post up in that apartheid thread about the fact that the lads from the North would feel a lot more comfortable playing for us than in Windsor and are entitled to declare for us as they have the right to be either Irish or british. It was my first and last post Thumbs%20Up 

I see gspain posts there and seems to be the only Ireland fan they let post on there and actually listen to and not ban.

fair enough post max, some people just don't like hearing the truth.
plenty of bigots among our own fan base tho.
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 6:26am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I go on it now from time to time. Have never posted anything just read it. All the stuff related to their team is grand and they seem to have a pretty solid away support. They really dont like us. The have a whole section called FAI- Football Apartheid in Ireland. They reckon we are nothing more than a sectarian shower of bigots who want a 32 county team Catholic team. I would really love for some young fella from the Shankill to declare for us, see what they make of that!! Also we are constantly referred to as Mexicans and beggars. Having said that there seems to be a few decent lads there too who are upset about what is happening (which I can understand) but dont go off at the deep end like some of them.

I think most would want a 32 county team which is a genuine aspiration. but also I do not think anyone would give a sh*te what religion our players are. We never gave any death threats to any of our players based on their religion and never would

garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 6:45am
You have to become a member to even look at the threads on this forum?? Very paranoid LOL.
This time next year........
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 7:13am
Originally posted by garytwigg21 garytwigg21 wrote:

You have to become a member to even look at the threads on this forum?? Very paranoid LOL.

Go on and join Gary, you know you really want to............Wink

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:07am
I've never had any desire to see an All Ireland team. In fact, it would be less enjoyable.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:09am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I've never had any desire to see an All Ireland team. In fact, it would be less enjoyable.

Ah come on Mark, we could play England and mature as a nation again! Wink

Jaysus, whoever came out with that phrase should be shot with balls of their own sh*te !
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

I go on it now from time to time. Have never posted anything just read it. All the stuff related to their team is grand and they seem to have a pretty solid away support. They really dont like us. The have a whole section called FAI- Football Apartheid in Ireland. They reckon we are nothing more than a sectarian shower of bigots who want a 32 county team Catholic team. I would really love for some young fella from the Shankill to declare for us, see what they make of that!! Also we are constantly referred to as Mexicans and beggars. Having said that there seems to be a few decent lads there too who are upset about what is happening (which I can understand) but dont go off at the deep end like some of them.

I think most would want a 32 county team which is a genuine aspiration. but also I do not think anyone would give a sh*te what religion our players are. We never gave any death threats to any of our players based on their religion and never would

Not me.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:12am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Jaysus, whoever came out with that phrase should be shot with balls of their own sh*te !

was either mark or seaniemac and i would even donate my own sh*te to shoot them with LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:12am

That was the greatest load of Bullsh*t at the time, and as for that g*mp crying away during the anthemsConfusedConfusedConfused

The same crowd who heard GSTQ play in Lansdowne for years didnt boo when it was played in Croker, AMAZINGConfusedConfused (Not)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:39am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

was either mark or seaniemac and i would even donate my own sh*te to shoot them with LOL

Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

I would, and politically this is going to be inevitable, be it 10,20 or 50 years.

I would be shocked if anybody following "us" gave a sh*t what religion our players are. An element of the other crowd need to move on from penal times alright tho.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 9:19am

well you are the main suspects being englands main supporters on this board , we have people on this board born and raised in england who dotn like them as much as you and seanie do LOL
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:40am
The 32 County All Ireland Team of 2060, taken just before the game
where they beat England(below) 5-1.
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:41am

well you are the main suspects being englands main supporters on this board , we have people on this board born and raised in england who dotn like them as much as you and seanie do LOL
ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:43am
Originally posted by petej1963 petej1963 wrote:

The 32 County All Ireland Team of 2060, taken just before the game
where they beat England(below) 5-1.

LOLLOLLOL surely a few polish fellas on our team though
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 10:47am

You're getting a bit big for your box there RM!

I don't think I'd ever use the phrase 'mature as a nation', sounds like a politicians words to me.

I've lived over here for five years and haven't had a bad day or any issues with English people so why would I knock them just for the sake of it like some Irish people, most of whom haven't probably had any interaction with English people.

Also agree with Mark on the United Ireland team, couldn't give a fook about seeing it, more problems than it's worth IMO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic