You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our Wee Country

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our Wee Country
    Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:47pm
Anyone here a member or know someone that is a memeber... Would love to know what the other side think about us!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:48pm
I think Norn Iron is
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:49pm
Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Us or them ?
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Chopper 76 Chopper 76 wrote:

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Us or them ?

That's how we are referred to by someLOL
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 5:56pm
I go on it now from time to time. Have never posted anything just read it. All the stuff related to their team is grand and they seem to have a pretty solid away support. They really dont like us. The have a whole section called FAI- Football Apartheid in Ireland. They reckon we are nothing more than a sectarian shower of bigots who want a 32 county team Catholic team. I would really love for some young fella from the Shankill to declare for us, see what they make of that!! Also we are constantly referred to as Mexicans and beggars. Having said that there seems to be a few decent lads there too who are upset about what is happening (which I can understand) but dont go off at the deep end like some of them.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:00pm
They also really, really dont like lads from the North supporting us. Also the term "the North" gets up their nose aswell

Edited by the_walls - 29 Sep 2010 at 6:00pm
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:02pm
Calling us beggars I could be wrong but do the Brits not keep the north propped up money wise?
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Chopper 76 Chopper 76 wrote:

Calling us beggars I could be wrong but do the Brits not keep the north propped up money wise?

Indeed they do, they dont do irony up north obviously
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I go on it now from time to time. Have never posted anything just read it. All the stuff related to their team is grand and they seem to have a pretty solid away support. They really dont like us. The have a whole section called FAI- Football Apartheid in Ireland. They reckon we are nothing more than a sectarian shower of bigots who want a 32 county team Catholic team. I would really love for some young fella from the Shankill to declare for us, see what they make of that!! Also we are constantly referred to as Mexicans and beggars. Having said that there seems to be a few decent lads there too who are upset about what is happening (which I can understand) but dont go off at the deep end like some of them.

NORN IRON = OUR YOUTH ACADEMY
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:05pm

They also really, really dont like lads from the North supporting us. Also the term "the North" gets up their nose aswell

What would they prefer - Nordies?
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

What would they prefer - Nordies?

Angry Nordies ?
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:11pm
Cant beat Our Wee Country. Keep up the good work lads.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Cant beat Our Wee Country. Keep up the good work lads.

www.ourweecountry.co.uk

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

That's not their url though

Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:13pm
Little Britons?
I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 6:25pm
I think we should create a section on YBIG for our young up and coming players currently practising with the pub team.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 2:57am

Wayne McCullough springs to mind.
He is from the loyalist heardland of Belfast.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 3:21am
Are we a country?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic