You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Number of Irish inside the grounds for the Euros.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number of Irish inside the grounds for the Euros.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

well funnily there is less lads I know travelling than travel led to Poland.

Same boat here . Think my crew are getting married , babies and mortgaged out .
On the other hand I'm 22 and I didn't know anybody else that went to Poland last time around, bar the lads I went with of course. In my small college course there is anywhere between 40 and 50 people. Including me there is 14 going from that course. Added to this I know of at least another 15 or 20 going and some of these are in groups of 10+
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 7:37am
We had 40K in Paris in 2004.  OK it was a weekend no ticket issues and the Celtic Tiger was roaring.  

I believe we will have 40-50K at the Sweden game.  Most of the tickets are cat 1s and 145 euros is a lot for  a neutral to pay.  So I expect in the end there won't be ticket issues for Sweden.  

There will be  a lot less at Belgium and Italy somewhere in between.    
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 8:52am
Yeah I knew far more in Poland. France is a lot more expensive, and probably not going to be as much fun as Poland (not that it won't be fun in its own right).
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 9:05am
Originally posted by france2003 france2003 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

a lot more from the north going............................mind you they are NI fans so that probably doesn't count

Seems like a good time to invade them.......   Wink

I'm with ya, a reposession long overdue.
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

Now i could be wrong who knows .

I think you forgot that I am going to all 3 games too so you can up each attendance by 1
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

I think you forgot that I am going to all 3 games too so you can up each attendance by 1
Ahhh but Bear 11 and Aido M are taking 3 seats between the two of them so that cancels your one . Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

Sweden always bring big numbers, Belgium are on the doorstep and have their best team ever, Italians don't give a f**k till the knock outs. 

So yeah Claret your prediction sounds more likely than the half the stadium in Paris full of Irish scenario 

Not quite : it's 540 miles from Bordeaux to the Belgian border and an eight hour drive. Anyone seeking to do it in one day from Belgium would have to leave at 5am or so (3 o'clock kick off).
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 5:53pm

Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

Ahhh but Bear 11 and Aido M are taking 3 seats between the two of them so that cancels your one . Big smile

Ah I understand. As you were Smile
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 7:14pm
Sweden 35, 000
Belgium 17,000 to 19,000
Italy 22,000

Edited by Charlton's Child - 22 Apr 2016 at 7:14pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 8:27pm
likely more than were at some of our home games Shocked
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Floreat Ultonia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 11:09am
Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

a lot more from the north going............................mind you they are NI fans so that probably doesn't count

I'm with ya, a reposession long overdue

Sure as soon as youse get repossession, ye'll just hoof upfield and lose it again Tongue

Impressive numbers I must say.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Originally posted by peterbelfast peterbelfast wrote:

I'm with ya, a reposession long overdue

Sure as soon as youse get repossession, ye'll just hoof upfield and lose it again Tongue

Impressive numbers I must say.

What sort of numbers you reckon travelling to support the north. I know population is not as big but just wondering, also what size stadia are you's in floreat?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 11:51am
Most people seem to think we'll have at least 7-8,000 in Nice, maybe 11-12,000 in Lyon (big new stadium), something in-between for Parc des Princes in Paris.

I'll be watching the PdP game and our knockout ties at home, expensive trip ;)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Floreat Ultonia Floreat Ultonia wrote:

Most people seem to think we'll have at least 7-8,000 in Nice, maybe 11-12,000 in Lyon (big new stadium), something in-between for Parc des Princes in Paris.

I'll be watching the PdP game and our knockout ties at home, expensive trip ;)

Surprised at that estimation FU.I thought N.I. would bring at least 20k as there'll be ticketless fans there too.

Edit: Just read the thread title

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Apr 2016 at 1:27pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floreat Ultonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 5:57pm
Naughty mucker ;)

Maybe I've underestimated a bit, but factor in the opening weekend game being in the smallest ground etc.

20k staying for the whole group stage, can't see that.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 7:01pm
Paris: 38k
Bordeaux: 18k
Lille: 35k

Bordeaux is just going to be a nightmare for ticketless fans. The only weekend game, the biggest fixture, the biggest traveling support from an openent and the smallest stadium.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 4:00am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Bordeaux is just going to be a nightmare for ticketless fans. The only weekend game, the biggest fixture, the biggest traveling support from an openent and the smallest stadium.

Kind of resigned to the fact that i'll be watching that one in the fanzone in Bordeaux Cry
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Kind of resigned to the fact that i'll be watching that one in the fanzone in Bordeaux Cry

I was lucky to get tickets but I had thought about the scenario if I hadn't. I'd have brought €300 to buy one over there off a tout but I'd say I could get one for closer to €200. If you're in Paris scour the Irish fans for a spare and likewise in bordeaux. Paying a tout should be the last resort.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic