You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel King interim manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:41am
Right decision under the circumstances
Sponsored Links

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:43am
What I find baffling about King being appointed as the interim manager is the fact the 21's are playing Romania away on the same day as the Germany match in a crucial qualifier. Not very professional at all by the FAI but no surprise with that really. Could understand if the 21's were out of the running for qualification but the group is only two games old.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

What I find baffling about King being appointed as the interim manager is the fact the 21's are playing Romania away on the same day as the Germany match in a crucial qualifier. Not very professional at all by the FAI but no surprise with that really. Could understand if the 21's were out of the running for qualification but the group is only two games old.

Ya thought Dokter may have taken the senior role for that reason

Wonder what squad Brady will be in
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:51am

+ 1

What message does that send across to lads in the U21s. Not good.
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It's a pity we didn't get the new manager in for these two games but not the end of the world either.Would King be generally thought off well in regards to players? Never met him.Anyone know him or met him?

Noel will be respected by most of the players, it's a no win situation for the FAI, given the U21s have a big game the same night, but there really was no other person IMO on the FAI payroll to take the role.

His squad will be interesting, i reckon we will see Stokes and Andy Reid back but no Darren Gibson.

From my limited knowledge he is a great motivator, and would love to se him bring Jack Grealish into the squad for the Kazak game for experience if nothing else.
I know nothing :-)
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:12pm
Lets just say O Neill doesnt want to take over until the next two games are over. Is that really the type of manager we want?
What kind of signal does that give to the players?

Edited by scottyccfc - 24 Sep 2013 at 12:13pm
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Lets just say O Neill doesnt want to take over until the next two games are over. Is that really the type of manager we want?

very good point 
I know nothing :-)
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:17pm
Think this is a silly appointment.  As has been said it pulls the rug from under the U-21's who have a crucial qualifier and I don't see why the FAI need to take so long to appointment someone.  One month is long enough to research and interview surely. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:21pm
Surely they could've appointed Doolin caretaker rather than pulling the rug from under the U-21's
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:41pm

Losing by 5,6 or 7 goals in his first match wouldnt do him much good either. Media would be on his back after the first game.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

+ 1

What message does that send across to lads in the U21s. Not good.

It means if your good enough you'll get promoted to the Senior squad - just like the manager.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

Losing by 5,6 or 7 goals in his first match wouldnt do him much good either. Media would be on his back after the first game.

No they wouldnt.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:04pm

As if they will be our main concern when the seniors are in Cologne

The game there will be an endurance test. It's the worst possible fixture for a new coach to begin, and surprise surprise, there's not many takers. So at least Kinger won't be under any pressure to get a result. If/when we get battered, he can simply go back to his main job, out of the public eye.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Think this is a silly appointment.  As has been said it pulls the rug from under the U-21's who have a crucial qualifier and I don't see why the FAI need to take so long to appointment someone.  One month is long enough to research and interview surely

would ye rather they just appoint somebody purely for the sake of it cos of the time-frame?..I'd rather let them take their time, and get somebody that can actually do a job for us!

whats the point / rush in having somebody in for these two qualifiers? we're out of qualifying - fair enough, the new manager may have gotten to have a look at our squad, but now he's not there, he can have a look next Spring in the friendlies..no hurry!
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

thats not true, everyone would understand... theres invaluable experience going to be wsted by not having our next manager in place come these matches
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm
Ya dont have to rush in but its been two weeks since he was sacked... and the match is in two weeks. So 1 month is adequate time to find a replacement who fits the bill

All this suffers to do is kick the can down the road, so at the start of the next campaign the manager already has his escuses of not having enough time to get to know th eplayers etc... Whereas if we appointed the now, that escuse wouldnt be tolerated...

Its penny pinching by the FAI and not for the benefit of the national side
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:00pm
Wesser777 I just think that there's been a good time frame to look around and do a thorough interview process. 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

thats not true, everyone would understand... theres invaluable experience going to be wsted by not having our next manager in place come these matches

Invaluable experience of what? How does getting a battering in your very first game help anyone, or get the players to believe in the new coach?

The next two games are completely meaningless and a new coach would learn nothing positive from them. Get them over with, and allow the new man a clean slate for starting the new campaign.

Edited by planning - 24 Sep 2013 at 2:07pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic