As you say........baffling

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: eire77
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:21am
This guy...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Vader

-------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:27am
what is a darter manager?

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: uibhfhaile
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Interim manager can someone change. Trying to type in car this morning ,disaster.

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:44am
Originally posted by uibhfhaile uibhfhaile wrote:

Interim manager can someone change. Trying to type in car this morning ,disaster.

Indeed.........not a wise thing to do

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Posted By: Fintan
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:48am
Originally posted by uibhfhaile uibhfhaile wrote:

Hahahaha

Posted By: Gary McKay
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:21am
Plenty of experience.
Kinger was on the bench at Italia 90 as coach I recall.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:34am
what is it about offaly :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:36am
O neill wont take over till after the double header. Simples

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:32am
Whats so baffling woth appointing the U21 manager that has worked with some of the players previously to be given the job for 2 matches

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:47am
Gamble by the FAI to save on money until the new year I reckon. However they wil have terrible gate receipts for the kazak game on this decision and will hurt them. Also a new appointment would have been ideal to settle in with two competitive games to play. I cant believe the FAI hadnt already thought of a replacement before they sacked him.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:54am
It's a pity we didn't get the new manager in for these two games but not the end of the world either.Would King be generally thought off well in regards to players? Never met him.Anyone know him or met him?

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: Na Firinne
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:02am
Delighted for Noel and great to see a LOI man in charge, even if it's a thankless task. I hope he does well in the two games.

-------------
Ireland's Number 1!!

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:02am
Doubt any manager would touch the job until after the next two games anyway. Away to Germany, missing two first choice centre backs against a team who has already beaten us 6-1 in Dublin Dead 

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Jim gavin Jim gavin wrote:

15 k max for the kazak game now.

Yeah, cos there would have been queues all the way up Lansdowne Road to get in for this one to see Martin O'Neill standing on the sideline Confused

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:10am
Even if Guardiola was in charge in Cologne we wouldn't have a hope, but thought an easier fixture at home to the Kazaks would be an incentive for a new gaffer to get off to a good start.

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:41am
Right decision under the circumstances

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:43am
What I find baffling about King being appointed as the interim manager is the fact the 21's are playing Romania away on the same day as the Germany match in a crucial qualifier. Not very professional at all by the FAI but no surprise with that really. Could understand if the 21's were out of the running for qualification but the group is only two games old.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

What I find baffling about King being appointed as the interim manager is the fact the 21's are playing Romania away on the same day as the Germany match in a crucial qualifier. Not very professional at all by the FAI but no surprise with that really. Could understand if the 21's were out of the running for qualification but the group is only two games old.

Ya thought Dokter may have taken the senior role for that reason

Wonder what squad Brady will be in

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:51am

+ 1

What message does that send across to lads in the U21s. Not good.

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

It's a pity we didn't get the new manager in for these two games but not the end of the world either.Would King be generally thought off well in regards to players? Never met him.Anyone know him or met him?

Noel will be respected by most of the players, it's a no win situation for the FAI, given the U21s have a big game the same night, but there really was no other person IMO on the FAI payroll to take the role.

His squad will be interesting, i reckon we will see Stokes and Andy Reid back but no Darren Gibson.

From my limited knowledge he is a great motivator, and would love to se him bring Jack Grealish into the squad for the Kazak game for experience if nothing else.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:12pm
Lets just say O Neill doesnt want to take over until the next two games are over. Is that really the type of manager we want?
What kind of signal does that give to the players?

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Lets just say O Neill doesnt want to take over until the next two games are over. Is that really the type of manager we want?

very good point 

-------------

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:17pm
Think this is a silly appointment.  As has been said it pulls the rug from under the U-21's who have a crucial qualifier and I don't see why the FAI need to take so long to appointment someone.  One month is long enough to research and interview surely. 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:21pm
Surely they could've appointed Doolin caretaker rather than pulling the rug from under the U-21's

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: greenarmy
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:41pm

Losing by 5,6 or 7 goals in his first match wouldnt do him much good either. Media would be on his back after the first game.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

+ 1

What message does that send across to lads in the U21s. Not good.

It means if your good enough you'll get promoted to the Senior squad - just like the manager.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

Losing by 5,6 or 7 goals in his first match wouldnt do him much good either. Media would be on his back after the first game.

No they wouldnt.

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:04pm

As if they will be our main concern when the seniors are in Cologne

The game there will be an endurance test. It's the worst possible fixture for a new coach to begin, and surprise surprise, there's not many takers. So at least Kinger won't be under any pressure to get a result. If/when we get battered, he can simply go back to his main job, out of the public eye.

-------------
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.

Posted By: Weser777
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Think this is a silly appointment.  As has been said it pulls the rug from under the U-21's who have a crucial qualifier and I don't see why the FAI need to take so long to appointment someone.  One month is long enough to research and interview surely

would ye rather they just appoint somebody purely for the sake of it cos of the time-frame?..I'd rather let them take their time, and get somebody that can actually do a job for us!

whats the point / rush in having somebody in for these two qualifiers? we're out of qualifying - fair enough, the new manager may have gotten to have a look at our squad, but now he's not there, he can have a look next Spring in the friendlies..no hurry!

-------------
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by greenarmy greenarmy wrote:

thats not true, everyone would understand... theres invaluable experience going to be wsted by not having our next manager in place come these matches

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm
Ya dont have to rush in but its been two weeks since he was sacked... and the match is in two weeks. So 1 month is adequate time to find a replacement who fits the bill

All this suffers to do is kick the can down the road, so at the start of the next campaign the manager already has his escuses of not having enough time to get to know th eplayers etc... Whereas if we appointed the now, that escuse wouldnt be tolerated...

Its penny pinching by the FAI and not for the benefit of the national side

Posted By: savo01
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:00pm
Wesser777 I just think that there's been a good time frame to look around and do a thorough interview process. 

-------------
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

thats not true, everyone would understand... theres invaluable experience going to be wsted by not having our next manager in place come these matches

Invaluable experience of what? How does getting a battering in your very first game help anyone, or get the players to believe in the new coach?

The next two games are completely meaningless and a new coach would learn nothing positive from them. Get them over with, and allow the new man a clean slate for starting the new campaign.

-------------

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:07pm
I would assume the FAI must have known that if a few results went against us that Trap would have to go. As any responible business manager would tell you, you always have to have a plan B if things are not working the way you planned over a period of time. As a result i would say the 1 month period to announce the new manager should be more than enough. Surely they must have a short list somewhere.......OK if they are available is another question, however i dont think it is that hard to identify potential managers and go about your business.
If they have found a manager who refuses to start until after the German game etc. then i would say......lets go for the next on the list. Doesnt fill me with confidence if he isnt willing to start with a dfficult one, maybe a new manager would give the team a lift or kick up the backside and result in a decent display. I think everyone knows what the current state of Irish football is and i think if everyone is honest, doesnt matter how hard it is, we all know that we will get nothing in Colonge except a hangover.
With all that off my cheast........Lets all get behind King and the team and show the new manager what he is missing or what he can expect from the 12th man.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Invaluable experience of what? How does getting a battering in your very first game help anyone, or get the players to believe in the new coach?

The next two games are completely meaningless and a new coach would learn nothing positive from them. Get them over with, and allow the new man a clean slate for starting the new campaign.

Yes Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games..

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

I would assume the FAI must have known that if a few results went against us that Trap would have to go. As any responible business manager would tell you, you always have to have a plan B if things are not working the way you planned over a period of time. As a result i would say the 1 month period to announce the new manager should be more than enough. Surely they must have a short list somewhere.......OK if they are available is another question, however i dont think it is that hard to identify potential managers and go about your business.
If they have found a manager who refuses to start until after the German game etc. then i would say......lets go for the next on the list. Doesnt fill me with confidence if he isnt willing to start with a dfficult one, maybe a new manager would give the team a lift or kick up the backside and result in a decent display. I think everyone knows what the current state of Irish football is and i think if everyone is honest, doesnt matter how hard it is, we all know that we will get nothing in Colonge except a hangover.
With all that off my cheast........Lets all get behind King and the team and show the new manager what he is missing or what he can expect from the 12th man.

It beggers belief to be honest... But I dont believe they want to hire anyone quick and save on wages... 

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:14pm

It beggers belief to be honest... But I dont believe they want to hire anyone quick and save on wages... 

Wages aren't a problem here as Denis O'Brien is funding half of it.
If we appointed somebody for the upcoming 2 games as a long term manager, that would have been rushed - Prioirty is to get the right manager and I am certainly pleased that they are at least taking their time to see who is out there.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:15pm
Suspend belief for a second here - Just imagine we actually beat Germany and then won at home playing decent football - What then ?

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Suspend belief for a second here - Just imagine we actually beat Germany and then won at home playing decent football - What then ?

Then I pray that Austria win in Stockholm and lose their final game away to the Faroes while at the same time Sweden lose to Germany.

If that happens then happy days...Brazil is back on with King as manager  Tongue

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:21pm

If we appointed somebody for the upcoming 2 games as a long term manager, that would have been rushed - Prioirty is to get the right manager and I am certainly pleased that they are at least taking their time to see who is out there.

Question is what is rushed???? Shouldnt the FAI have been looking weeks/months ago. Did they sack him based on one result, dont think so. I would say they should have started looking after the German game at home. That way knowing if 1 or 2 results went against us after that they would have a solution. Imagine a new manager came in, we get something from the Germans.....other results go our way......what then??? Noel King on a contract????
Think it would have been a great way for a new manager to have a week with the players, invite a few new faces to training and access what he has to build on.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:23pm

Question is what is rushed???? Shouldnt the FAI have been looking weeks/months ago. Did they sack him based on one result, dont think so. I would say they should have started looking after the German game at home. That way knowing if 1 or 2 results went against us after that they would have a solution. Imagine a new manager came in, we get something from the Germans.....other results go our way......what then??? Noel King on a contract????
Think it would have been a great way for a new manager to have a week with the players, invite a few new faces to training and access what he has to build on.

This isn't Football Manager, this is real life though.
Are you supposed to plan assuming you lose to Sweden and also assuming those managers who are out of work at the time of your planning are also going to be out of work after that game ??

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:23pm

+1

The FAI are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think it's good that they are taking their time to evaluate other potential candidates.

Hiring MON immediately after Trap is no more than a knee jerk appointment.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:27pm
what if the scenario is that they contacted O Neill about it and he was cold about it.  Are they not right then do the process that has happened.   

Hard to be overly critical without the full facts. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.</div>[/QUOTE OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.[/QUOTE wrote:

Except it isn't a summer camp, it's the end of a tough campaign, with players retiring immediately afterwards. That's not invaluable experience, that's a waste of time.

With no m

Except it isn't a summer camp, it's the end of a tough campaign, with players retiring immediately afterwards. That's not invaluable experience, that's a waste of time.

With no man ready and waiting to take over, Trap should have been allowed to see out the remaining games so we could give him a great send off at the Kazach game. Delaney called for "reflection" after Austria, then sacked the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, inside 12 hours. Now we go to Germany facing humiliation again, but that's what happens when you make snap, short term decisions. Either handle this process properly or don't do it at all.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.</td></tr></table> <br><br>Except it isn't a summer camp, it's the end of a tough campaign,  with players retiring immediately afterwards. That's not invaluable experience, that's a waste of time. <br><br>With no man ready and waiting to take over, <b>Trap should have been allowed to see out the remaining games so we could give him a great send off at the Kazach game.</b> Delaney called for reflection after Austria, then sacked the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, inside 12 hours. Now we go to Germany facing humiliation again,  but that's what happens when you make snap, short term decisions.  Either handle this process properly or don't do it at all. [/QUOTE OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.

With no man ready and waiting to take over, Trap should have been allowed to see out the remaining games so we could give him a great send off at the Kazach game. Delaney called for reflection after Austria, then sacked the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, inside 12 hours. Now we go to Germany facing humiliation again, but that's what happens when you make snap, short term decisions. Either handle this process properly or don't do it at all. [/QUOTE wrote:

Your idea of a great send off might differ from everyone else's LOLWink.I think some would have trap on a giant catapult in( the Aviva like Homer Simpson when he made a bollix of being sanitation commissioner) and catapulted back to Italy.
Being honest I thought it was largely pointless sacking him then if they weren't going to bring the new manager in for those two games.It would've been nice to give him a send off at home but unfortunately I think people in general were sick of the football and the FAI felt it was the right time to do it.Another factor might've been MON current situation.In two months time when the campaign is over there's a chance he might not have been available to sound out if he got a job

Your idea of a great send off might differ from everyone else's LOLWink.I think some would have trap on a giant catapult in( the Aviva like Homer Simpson when he made a bollix of being sanitation commissioner) and catapulted back to Italy.
Being honest I thought it was largely pointless sacking him then if they weren't going to bring the new manager in for those two games.It would've been nice to give him a send off at home but unfortunately I think people in general were sick of the football and the FAI felt it was the right time to do it.Another factor might've been MON current situation.In two months time when the campaign is over there's a chance he might not have been available to sound out if he got a job in the championship for instance.It may have beena factor though not very likely   

-------------

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:49pm
The most disappointing aspect of all this for me is hearing the CEO of the FAI claiming that the remaining games are "unimportant". That is very concerning.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:51pm
Wrong episode irishmufc. Catapult was in the beer baron episode

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:52pm

The game against Kazakhstan is vital to our second place seeding for the Euro's

A new manager would learn a hell of a lot about his players playing against one of the best teams in the world competitively.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

The most disappointing aspect of all this for me is hearing the CEO of the FAI claiming that the remaining games are "unimportant". That is very concerning.
+1

It appears they are ignorant of the current seeding situation.

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wrong episode irishmufc. Catapult was in the beer baron episode

You're right.Thumbs Up The sanitation one was where he was going to be horsewhipped LOL 

-------------

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

+1

The FAI are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think it's good that they are taking their time to evaluate other potential candidates.

Hiring MON immediately after Trap is no more than a knee jerk appointment.

I am no fan of the FAI or Delaney but I am in total agreement here.  As the old saying goes "marry in haste, repent at leisure".  We have plenty time to find the right manager.  

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:05pm
Quote The game against Kazakhstan is vital to our second place seeding for the Euro's

We'll beat the Kazachs comfortably. What we'll learn from doing so is another matter.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:28pm
Ill say it again, 2 competitive games worth of experience wasted

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:47pm

It would've been nice to give him a send off at home but unfortunately I think people in general were sick of the football and the FAI felt it was the right time to do it.Another factor might've been MON current situation.In two months time when the campaign is over there's a chance he might not have been available to sound out if he got a job in the championship for instance

They may have felt it was the right time, but subsequent events have shown it to be another rash decision that backfired. There's no guarantee the "obvious" candidate would take the job, or even stick to it when the next club job became available.

Whether people were sick of the football or not, the man took us very far in his time in charge, and the least he deserved was a fitting send off after the inevitable canter against the Kazachs. After all, we'll still be in the same situation then as now. Instead we go to Germany as a rudderless, disorganised rabble, and if the Germans are in the mood, the scoreline could make last year's look respectable.

Ill say it again, 2 competitive games worth of experience wasted

If they were competitive from our point of view, you would have a point.

-------------

Posted By: rainpaulo
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:49pm
I hope who ever comes in,even King that we go for the six points and the the players and staff dont treat them as pre season friendlies.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:51pm

It would've been nice to give him a send off at home
but unfortunately I think people in general were sick of the football
and the FAI felt it was the right time to do it.Another factor might've
been MON current situation.In two months time when the campaign is over
there's a chance he might not have been available to sound out if he got
a job in the championship for instance

They may have
felt it was the right time, but subsequent events have shown it to be
another rash decision that backfired. There's no guarantee the "obvious"
candidate would take the job, or even stick to it when the next club
job became available.

Whether people were sick of the football
or not, the man took us very far in his time in charge, and the least he
deserved was a fitting send off after the inevitable canter against the
Kazachs.

He deserved fook all but still walked away with half a million quid.

Think he would favour that over having to manage us next month

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

They may have
job became available.

Kazachs.

Exactly he walked away with half a million quid, the smart thing would have been to made him earn it

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 4:16pm

They may have
job became available.

Kazachs.

Exactly he walked away with half a million quid, the smart thing would have been to made him earn it

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 4:23pm
Trap's send off would of been similar to Maggie Thatchers FFS! 

I think its a good idea giving Noel King the 2 games. Hopefully he calls on the exiled players as I believe that would help in making the job more appealing to the next boss. No one knows whats gone on behind the scenes with MON so far. 

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:35pm
Would rather an interim in place like king over keeping trap in for the last two games. At least we have a hope that he includes exiled players under trap and play a more positive approach.

Do feel if we want o'neill then would have been good for him to get a dry run for these two games. Who cares if we get thumped by Germany it's not so important. It maybe it's MON who is holding back...

Either way, saves the FAI a few quid.

What will be a disaster is if we don't perform for king and don't beat Kaz

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:29pm
Only reason King was appointed was to save money. Both men picking the new manager on the FAI Payroll and Delaney keeps his distance from the appointment absolute jokeshop.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:32pm

What's Razor doing that he's already on the payroll for ?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:34pm

He minds the corner flags

-------------

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:48pm
I agree its a pity the U/21 have a important game the same time as the World cup games. Harry McCue is looking after them. I was wondering how will King go about picking the squad. He is hardly lightly to make changes and I cant see him bring in any new uncapped players. I think he will go with the usual suspects. Although it will look well on his CV.  

-------------
alive and kicking

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Only reason King was appointed was to save money. Both men picking the new manager on the FAI Payroll and Delaney keeps his distance from the appointment absolute jokeshop.

So surprise us and tell us what the FAI should have done

Interim.manager. yes or no and if yes who

Should the Board of Management.select the next mamager?

-------------

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 9:57pm

He minds the corner flags

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:01pm
Houghton is our Association's ambassador..

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:13pm

Houghton is our Association's ambassador..

whatever that is!LOL

I am the FAI's official humanitarian ambassidor but keep it a secret.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:39pm
Hes going over to Stoke - Tranmere tomorrow. Would be some jaw dropper if he named Ireland on Friday

At this rate he'll have seen more of the Irish players in action for their clubs than our previous full time manager did in his 1st 4 years by the time the matches come around

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 11:43pm
He should get a f*cking smack if he names that gimp in the squad

-------------

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:18am
would be some shock alright Shocked LOL

-------------
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:51am

Hes going over to Stoke - Tranmere tomorrow. Would be some jaw dropper if he named Ireland on Friday

At this rate he'll have seen more of the Irish players in action for their clubs than our previous full time manager did in his 1st 4 years by the time the matches come around

He's Gone Kerrzy find something new to moan about its boring as f**k.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Shamrock
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:19am

Noel King insists Ireland exiles given 'clean slate' ahead of qualifiers

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/noel-king-insists-ireland-exiles-given-clean-slate-ahead-of-qualifiers-29608111.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/noel-king-insists-ireland-exiles-given-clean-slate-ahead-of-qualifiers-29608111.html

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:26am
Met him at Old Trafford in March
Was already his 2nd match that day
He will put in serous graft,no doubt
Very nice bloke

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:08am
Stephen Ireland, Darron Gibson, Andy Reid & Steven Reid all to be named in the squad

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:52am
Great to see that he has taken the job by the scruff...next squad I feel will have plenty of talking points.

-------------

Posted By: Bobby10
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:58am
Think it will not be easy for Noel to bring back in the fold players he would like to have in the squad. Knowing the politics of the FAI it may not be his decision . I also think for this reason O'Neill may also be having a rethink about his position and if he could work with Delaney and Co. 

-------------
bobby10

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:01am
If King does bring back the like's of Ireland & Gibson, then at least it will take away major talking points when the new boss comes in. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Bobby10 Bobby10 wrote:

Think it will not be easy for Noel to bring back in the fold players he would like to have in the squad. Knowing the politics of the FAI it may not be his decision .  

What are you talking about? What politics is preventing players returning??

Originally posted by Bobby10 Bobby10 wrote:

I also think for this reason O'Neill may also be having a rethink about his position and if he could work with Delaney and Co. 

This is total bullsh*t.

-------------

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:18am
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

If King does bring back the like's of Ireland & Gibson, then at least it will take away major talking points when the new boss comes in. 

I think that's the reason behind his appointment . O' Neill has accepted the job with his role commencing at the end of the current campaign. That's my guess anyway ....

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:19am

This.

It removes the hurdle. It is clever on his (or the FAI's) part. Fwiw I wouldn't be surprised if he has been TOLD to include them. It would make the squad look stronger and therefore more attractive for potential managers.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:23am
Stephen Ireland in the squad only reason he's talking about coming back is because he needs a permanent move. He's also said the manager would have to go to him

-------------

Posted By: fochie
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:23am

Exactly, it relieves any pressure on the new manager.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:35am
Call back the exiles is only a welcome addition to the appointment of King. It has nothing to do why why he was appointed.

The bottom line is saving money for a few months and lack of efficiency in the FAI they will have a month to employ someone before the next game and in that time, they arrange 1 board meeting and appoint an interim manager.

If O' Neill is the man we can say goodbye to him at this stage... Managers dont wait around to be called if they were declared favourites publically. He will have read all the papers and followed all the hype, and seen the comments about robertson and seen there isnt a clammer for him and will become disinterested.

I wouldnt mind the FAI "process" in selecting the manager was a joke last time. By all accounts after months, Traps name came up by fluke, Brady was asked to ring him, and then it started.... So much for drawing up a list of candidates and whittling it down.

All managers are proud men and dont want to be part of intervewing process's. Their record is public knowledge.... their attitude is take it or leave it.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 9:51am

Stephen Ireland in the squad only reason he's talking about coming back is because he needs a permanent move. He's also said the manager would have to go to him
King will be at Stokes league cup game tonight...would not be surprised if he went and spoke to the Irish contingent including Stephen Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:01am

Clap

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:09am
please see my signature.

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:20am
Clean slate.com

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: irelandshirts

Call back the exiles is only a welcome addition to the appointment of King. It has nothing to do why why he was appointed.

The bottom line is saving money for a few months and lack of efficiency in the FAI they will have a month to employ someone before the next game and in that time, they arrange 1 board meeting and appoint an interim manager.

If O' Neill is the man we can say goodbye to him at this stage... Managers dont wait around to be called if they were declared favourites publically. He will have read all the papers and followed all the hype, and seen the comments about robertson and seen there isnt a clammer for him and will become disinterested.

I wouldnt mind the FAI "process" in selecting the manager was a joke last time. By all accounts after months, Traps name came up by fluke, Brady was asked to ring him, and then it started.... So much for drawing up a list of candidates and whittling it down.

All managers are proud men and dont want to be part of intervewing process's. Their record is public knowledge.... their attitude is take it or leave it.
You would prob be the first one to say if they appointed MON and it went tits up after first campaign that the FAI rushed into the appointment and didnt cast the net far enough or wait for the fickle world of football management to throw up another suitable candidate.

On the money saveing point,considering the outlay on the last management team and the public acknowledgement that Denis O Brien is putting his financial backing to the manager do you really think they said "here's a great way of saveing a few bob".Nothing unusual or wrong with putting the current u21 manager in as caretaker for next 2 games.

They are hardly the 2 most attractive fixtures to start with.I would have liked a new man in for them but no panic.Let King see out campaign and id agree the getting gibson/reid/Foley etc back in would get rid of the circus for a new manager so he would not have that to deal with.IMO no chance Ireland will be named.His last ramblings said he wanted to be playing regular at club level which is fair enough but them said "he would want the new man to go to him for a chat".

Chat goes like this-"Hi Stephen its the Ireland manager,I am inviteing you to be part of my squad,its a yes or no answer what do you say?

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Posted By: McG
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

please see my signature.

Confused

Thanks for sharing!

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

please see my signature.

Confused

Thanks for sharing!
LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

please see my signature.

Confused

Thanks for sharing!
LOLLOLLOLLOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Clean slate.com

http://www.cleanslate.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.cleanslate.com/

Something to tell us BSM.  The painting and decorating not going well :)

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:50am
It would be good to see some of the lads come back from exile, never been a major fan of Gibson, don't ask me why but I'll admit he offers something different, same as Ireland.

Think is what if King manages the team to a 5-0 win over the Germans and 8-0 over the Kazaks and we qualify for the playoffs?

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

It would be good to see some of the lads come back from exile, never been a major fan of Gibson, don't ask me why but I'll admit he offers something different, same as Ireland.

Think is what if King manages the team to a 5-0 win over the Germans and 8-0 over the Kazaks and we qualify for the playoffs?

I reckon he may just get the job permanently.....better but a few €€€ on those results  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:05am
"I'd have no reason to block anybody out of the squad," he said. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm starting from a clean slate. It's my view of what should constitute the 30-odd players that we'll put on standby and then the 23 that we'll call up and from there what the starting 11 should be.

"Through injury and unavailability, we may well lose some players but nobody will be excluded by me, and why would I exclude anybody?"

Quotes from King taken from a piece in the independent.

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I reckon he may just get the job permanently.....better but a few €€€ on those results  Wink
I'd say there be better odds on me having a one night stand with Emily Ratajkowski

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net