You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 129>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:28am
Strong speculation that Boris Johnson will pick the new NI Secretary from a list of three contenders: Anne Marie Trevelyan, Soldier F and the head of Oliver Cromwell. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:35am
LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:41am
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Smith sacked as NI Secretary in the reshuffle Confused

surprised to say the least , probably throwing the DUP a bone
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:42pm
@SDKelliher
Karren  Bradley once corrected me when I said I was from Kerry. She said its sometimes called Londonkerry. Her aide/SPAD corrected her

LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 13 Feb 2020 at 12:42pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:14pm
Brandon Lewis new NI Secretary. 

At least it's not Johnny Mercer I suppose...

ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Brandon Lewis new NI Secretary. 

At least it's not Johnny Mercer I suppose...

He's a football man, an active supporter of Rangers and Millwall.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:45pm
I think his Wikipedia page was randomly edited to say who he supported and I'm not sure he is a paid up member at the New Den.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I think his Wikipedia page was randomly edited to say who he supported and I'm not sure he is a paid up member at the New Den.

Yep someone did that with Smith's page last year saying he was a season ticket holder at Ibrox

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:19am
El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

A UI not looking very likely at the moment based on this survey.

Yet despite that only 52% would vote to remain in the UK.

19% 'don't know' is a pretty sizeable figure that you would imagine is also a moveable one based on future circumstances.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

19% 'don't know' is a pretty sizeable figure that you would imagine is also a moveable one based on future circumstances.

I'm looking at it a bit more closely and some of the results seem a bit dodgy. There's a sizable number of Nationalist not in favour of a UI  Ermm
El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:32am
One of the more interesting results was that only 53% of those polled considered themselves either Unionist or Nationalist.

That and the 1% of DUP voters that didn't want to remain in the UK. LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:34am

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'm looking at it a bit more closely and some of the results seem a bit dodgy. There's a sizable number of Nationalist not in favour of a UI  Ermm
Can they be considered nationalist in that case? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

[QUOTE=Devrozex][QUOTE=MC Hammered]
A UI not looking very li

Can they be considered nationalist in that case? 

Nope
El Puto Amo
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:10am
wait till the full impact of brexit chips away at the north and see how that poll changes.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:24am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

wait till the full impact of brexit chips away at the north and see how that poll changes.
Identity doesn't depend on economics though. And for those who don't identify as either Unionist or Nationalist, changing state not a big deal for them. Which is to say, it would be a big deal for them and they're unlikely to want to jump into it unless they feel it's absolutely necessary because people tend towards inertia. What might make them feel it's absolutely necessary is open to debate but people have a way of normalising incompetent authoritarian governments to themselves.

What would change things is a massive, industrial strength tabloid and wider media campaign in favour of Irish unification, but no such media exists in the wee six.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Identity doesn't depend on economics though. And for those who don't identify as either Unionist or Nationalist, changing state not a big deal for them. Which is to say, it would be a big deal for them and they're unlikely to want to jump into it unless they feel it's absolutely necessary because people tend towards inertia. What might make them feel it's absolutely necessary is open to debate but people have a way of normalising incompetent authoritarian governments to themselves.

What would change things is a massive, industrial strength tabloid and wider media campaign in favour of Irish unification, but no such media exists in the wee six.

People in north already see how much financially better we are down here. Ok we have our problems with housing and health care but our standard of living and average wage is much higher than the occupied 6. Besides  the unionist hardliners, the non knuckle dragger up there will go for the extra penny in his pocket before what colour flag he prefers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 129>
  Share Topic