You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 129>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:22pm
What are the predictions on the third seat? You'd have to think there's a very strong chance of it going to the Alliance. Once it gets down to the final five (DUP, SF, UUP, SDLP, Alliance), you'd figure that if the Alliance aren't fifth, they'll get enough transfers from whoever is (UUP or SDLP) to bump them above the other and into third. The latest polls have them all very close to one another for the third seat in the first round (all three are between 11 and 13%). The issue has to be Jim Allister's vote transferring exclusively to the DUP and on to the UUP but the flip side is the 5% of Green votes should heavily favour the Alliance.

Last time around, when the Alliance were eliminated, they had 55,000 votes; 34,000 transferred to the SDLP and only 7,000 to the UUP. If that happens again, on the latest polls, the SDLP could have a chance too, if Eastwood is somehow above Long when they get to the final five.

Slugger O'Toole has the Alliance as favourites anyway. And I swear I didn't actually read that article before I'd written everything else above.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:36pm
Any betting on it?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:38pm
I will vote tactically , hopefully Eastwood takes it but as has been said alliance are favorites for the third ,
Just as long as the third seat doesn't go to the a `unionist party`  will be progress nothwitshanding Aliiance are unionist with a small u
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:43pm
Martina Anderson is a pretty brutal candidate for SF. Comes across as not very intelligent and that whiney aul voice would go through you.
I'll still vote for her all the same LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:51pm
Eastwood is a f**king bellend.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I will vote tactically , hopefully Eastwood takes it but as has been said alliance are favorites for the third ,
Just as long as the third seat doesn't go to the a `unionist party`  will be progress nothwitshanding Aliiance are unionist with a small u

Well then, all you need to do is the following:

Eastwood 1
Long 2

You don't particularly need to fill out the rest of the ballot paper: Anderson and Dodds will take the first two seats and if Eastwood doesn't take the third seat, it will go to Long or Kennedy. Nothing else looks feasible on the opinion polls.

All that being the case, if your position is that you want Eastwood to win but would prefer Long to Kennedy, then there's no need to do anything other than the above with your ballot paper. If, theoretically, you were to vote Eastwood 1, Bailey (Green) 2, Long 3, the result would be the same, if Eastwood is knocked out after Bailey: your vote would transfer to Long anyway.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Martina Anderson is a pretty brutal candidate for SF. Comes across as not very intelligent and that whiney aul voice would go through you.
I'll still vote for her all the same LOL
She came across more like some hatchet-faced old fishwife that day in the EP 2 years ago when she told Theresa May to stick her Brexit plans where the sun don't shine. LOL

In fact, she might as well have just delivered that speech from the doorstep of a rundown council house, had a dressing gown on her and a cigarette in her hand just to really round off that fishwife effect and be done with it. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:33pm
Its really time Sinn Fein started getting rid of embarrassments like her.
They have some good intelligent, coherent up and coming politicians who could do a better job and would be a better image for the party.

Even her hairdo is like something out of the late 80s.

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

After seeing the comments here, I watched the debate from last night. Northern Ireland, is truly in a different planet to the rest of the UK. It’s embarrassing. Having moved between Liverpool/Manchester the past few months and working with new characters everyday there was always one consistent trait, wanting to hear about Northern Ireland. Trying to explain it as non biased and normal as possible each time, still blew their minds. 

Martina Anderson shouldn’t be near an election in this day age, Allister has a Point ffs. The woman is a terrorist. SF has disappeared now for a few years, done quite literally nothing for anyone In the North, and yet she’ll be elected as she’s a Republican candidate, and a terrorist at that. It’s 2019, time to move on.

I may find some faith in the North if Naoimi Long is elected. She’s the only politician who has a clue, so to speak. Cares more about Northern Ireland, and the people in it then any other politician we have. Eastwood, as well would be much better than Anderson.

You lost me at 'terrorist'.

Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

What are the predictions on the third seat? You'd have to think there's a very strong chance of it going to the Alliance. Once it gets down to the final five (DUP, SF, UUP, SDLP, Alliance), you'd figure that if the Alliance aren't fifth, they'll get enough transfers from whoever is (UUP or SDLP) to bump them above the other and into third. The latest polls have them all very close to one another for the third seat in the first round (all three are between 11 and 13%). The issue has to be Jim Allister's vote transferring exclusively to the DUP and on to the UUP but the flip side is the 5% of Green votes should heavily favour the Alliance.

Last time around, when the Alliance were eliminated, they had 55,000 votes; 34,000 transferred to the SDLP and only 7,000 to the UUP. If that happens again, on the latest polls, the SDLP could have a chance too, if Eastwood is somehow above Long when they get to the final five.

Slugger O'Toole has the Alliance as favourites anyway. And I swear I didn't actually read that article before I'd written everything else above.

All depends on the transfers. I wouldn't rule out Kennedy just yet although Long is in pole position to take the third seat. Eastwood has a good chance if he polls upwards of 90,000+
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:28pm

After seeing the comments here, I watched the debate from last night. Northern Ireland, is truly in a different planet to the rest of the UK. It’s embarrassing. Having moved between Liverpool/Manchester the past few months and working with new characters everyday there was always one consistent trait, wanting to hear about Northern Ireland. Trying to explain it as non biased and normal as possible each time, still blew their minds. 

Martina Anderson shouldn’t be near an election in this day age, Allister has a Point ffs. The woman is a terrorist. SF has disappeared now for a few years, done quite literally nothing for anyone In the North, and yet she’ll be elected as she’s a Republican candidate, and a terrorist at that. It’s 2019, time to move on.

I may find some faith in the North if Naoimi Long is elected. She’s the only politician who has a clue, so to speak. Cares more about Northern Ireland, and the people in it then any other politician we have. Eastwood, as well would be much better than Anderson.

Was she convicted of anything or pardoned by the good Friday agreement? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:49pm
SF are some piece of work. Abstentionists (yes, yes, I know that’s what they were voted in on) in Westminster, hurlers from the ditch in Dublin, and in power in the North, without actually having to take an active role since Stormont has been suspended. And let’s not forget their historic and consistent opposition to EU integration, which is not washed away by being anti-Brexit.

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:54pm
Martina Anderson is an excellent MEP
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

You lost me at 'terrorist'.

I'm sure Byrner was on here before singing the praises of SF whilst being a Tory voter too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:38am

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

She’s a convicted terrorist, that’s what she is. Released due to the GFA she defends so violently. In a modern society, no one in their right mind should be voting the woman. 

She blew her own city up, and wanted to blow England up. Chaos. You’d never see that elected anywhere else bar NI.
No fan of Anderson, but that is absolute bollocks. Plenty of people have done time for guerilla activities and been elected. Mandela, Otegi, Mujica etc. That's before going too far back in our own history...

Edited by pre Madonna - 23 May 2019 at 1:42am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:28am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

She’s a convicted terrorist, that’s what she is. Released due to the GFA she defends so violently. In a modern society, no one in their right mind should be voting the woman. 

She blew her own city up, and wanted to blow England up. Chaos. You’d never see that elected anywhere else bar NI.
No fan of Anderson, but that is absolute bollocks. Plenty of people have done time for guerilla activities and been elected. Mandela, Otegi, Mujica etc. That's before going too far back in our own history...

Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:57am

I presume for the sake of consistency you would refer to the lads in 1916 and the War of Independence who were caught and tried as convicted terrorists too? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:18am

I can forward you a GCSE book on Ireland which may be of help to you. It may be above your level but stick at it.

Edited by Stickittotheman - 23 May 2019 at 10:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 129>
  Share Topic