You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 129>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Those stories of their servicemen using murder victim's skulls as ashtrays must be too much to bear for them.  

cant say i was even shocked at that 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:09pm
Sinn Fein now seem to believe that opposing Brexit means you aren’t Eurosceptic. The bar connoting EU support has be reduced to its lowest level yet.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:03pm
Penny Mordaunt: "I will lead by displaying an example of my power, rather than the power of my example".

Scandalous stuff. The statement that veterans deserve care and respect, without actually allowing any sort of investigation into whether they in fact do, is deplorable.

This is the problem with the fact Northern Ireland is not and never has been properly represented in the House of Commons and it's not a problem that would be solved by Sinn Fein taking their seats. Put simply, there's no votes to be gained in GB in ensuring justice for what happened during the troubles and the Tories sure as hell aren't going to do it out of the goodness of their own hearts (or more accurately the void where a Tory's heart should be).
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:09pm
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/call-to-mark-ira-murder-of-mps-boss-amid-row-over-prosecution-of-ni-veterans-38114961.html

Meanwhile, they look to mark the chief suspect behind the Miami show band massacre, Dublin\Monaghan bombings, Glennane gang and many other killings.

It must be noted, the sole survivor of the Kingsmill massacre which was allegedly committed by the IRA, said that the person directing the killings spoke with an English accent.

Rumours that Nairac was also behind this -

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/kingsmill-massacre-taking-deep-breaths-sole-survivor-alan-black-stayed-composed-as-40yearold-nightmare-relived-34740972.html

Edited by horsebox - 15 May 2019 at 7:10pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Penny Mordaunt: "I will lead by displaying an example of my power, rather than the power of my example".

Scandalous stuff. The statement that veterans deserve care and respect, without actually allowing any sort of investigation into whether they in fact do, is deplorable.

This is the problem with the fact Northern Ireland is not and never has been properly represented in the House of Commons and it's not a problem that would be solved by Sinn Fein taking their seats. Put simply, there's no votes to be gained in GB in ensuring justice for what happened during the troubles and the Tories sure as hell aren't going to do it out of the goodness of their own hearts (or more accurately the void where a Tory's heart should be).

It's fairly standard behaviour though. The Brits have their narrative- they were here to protect the innocents from the inevitable slaughter if the Catholics and Prods had have got at each other. The IRA were bloodthirsty terrorists trying to go through the British army to slaughter the other side. They also were Godfathers and skulked around in the dead of night planting bombs. The brave soldiers kept the peace. Stood tall. Saved thousands of lives an d only killed 354 compared to the IRA's 1700. This is the narrative. Nothing can be allowed to change or question that narrative. If they did wrong it was stressful situations were  control was lost or bad apples. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:39pm

That statement is actually bordering on war mongering. The political discourse in Britain has well and truly descended into the lowest common denominator with no regard whatsoever for the consequences.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:44pm
A consistent fear of accepting responsibility. They are holding themselves back more than anyone else,which doesn't make it any less frustrating.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

That statement is actually bordering on war mongering. The political discourse in Britain has well and truly descended into the lowest common denominator with no regard whatsoever for the consequences.

Hah, to be clear, that was be paraphrasing what she said in a satirical and somewhat disingenuous way, but trying to capture the actual spirit of what she was saying.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:17pm
Channel 4 news presenter schooled Johnny Mercer over the legislation not to prosecute these 'heros' by giving very him some graphical accounts of some of victims being murdered in Derry.

What does my head in is the constant referral to Bloody Sunday, this was going on for 45 years.
Springhill, New Lodge, and Ballymurphy being some high profile examples not covered in 26 or UK media.

Not to mention many other singular cases like Majella O'Hare, shot in the back 3 times walking home from church.

At the end of the trial Mary O'Hare, Majella's mother, approached Williams. "She asked him 'why did you do it?' He looked at her and shrugged his shoulders," Michael O'Hare recalled.

When you look at the granular details of the crimes these heros committed it's quite astonishing. Irish media hell bent on sweeping all of this stuff under the carpet.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Hah, to be clear, that was be paraphrasing what she said in a satirical and somewhat disingenuous way, but trying to capture the actual spirit of what she was saying.

Ah fair, even for the Tories I thought it was well over the top!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:11pm
This spotlight special is outrageous 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:52am

About ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

About ? 

It was a panel show with the Euro Election candidates in front of a studio audience.

The audience were like something out of the local kneebreakers pub, shouting down and abusing Martina Anderson at every opportunity, led by Jim Allister who constantly tried to make the same quip about her being a former bomber. He interrupted people all night as usual.
Naomi Long got a hard time too.

There wasn't much sense spoken on the panel.

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:18am

Unionism circling the wagons as usual. Nothing else to offer.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:44am
Was Martina Anderson talking about fertilizer tarriffs or something and Jim Allistair said, you might know a lot about fertilizer Martina but you know nothing about brexit LOL
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Was Martina Anderson talking about fertilizer tarriffs or something and Jim Allistair said, you might know a lot about fertilizer Martina but you know nothing about brexit LOL

Think it was something like contaminated products she mentioned
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:52am

It was contaminated products first and then around a minute and a half later she mentioned fertilizer and he butted in again to make the exact same comment/joke

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:16am
This is someone who contaminated GB with bombs LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 129>
  Share Topic