You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 68>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:39am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I need to avoid Saquon Barkley scoring 32.90 points this evening - if he was to do that, it would be in the top 8 RB performances of the season so far so it's quite unlikely, even against the Niners. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Mullens will tear it up again, right?

Anyway, assuming I win tonight, I'll definitely be happy being on the edge of the playoffs at game 10, especially given how badly my top few draft picks have worked out.

Lucki;y for you, he put up his lowest score of the season Cry
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 1:42pm
Eh, even if he'd matched his highest points total of the season, I'd still have won Tongue
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 5:40pm
Getting very, very close to the endgame here. After this week, there will be six teams that can make 8-6, counting Super Marino (11-1), The Night Trains (7-5) and Wingardium Le'veonsa (7-5).

However, with the 6-6 Don't give a Luck having to play the NG Tornadoes (5-6, possibly 6-6 after this week, possibly 5-7) and Shedite's Silverados (5-6, possibly 6-6 after this week, possibly 5-6), only one of those three will actually be able to make it to 8-6. The 6-6 "you like that" can also make it to 8-6 with two wins (well, assuming DeShaun Watson doesn't score over 80 points tonight, which he won't). That obviously leaves only six teams who can make it to 8-6 after this week, even though it is currently seven. And of those six, there will be no more than five total who can make it.

If NG Tornadoes lose this week, they won't be able to make it to 8-6, only 7-7. If they do win, they will be able to make it to 8-6. However, because they have to play the (currently) 6-6 DGAL, only the winner of that will be able to make it to 8-6. The exact same is true of Shedite's Silverados, as they have to play DGAL as well.

In short, while 5 teams can mathematically make it to 8-6, the chances of 5 teams actually making it to 8-6 is quite low. It requires a lot of results to go a particular way which looks unlikely. While it is possible for The Night Trains and Wingardium Le'veonsa (both 7-5) to make it, the chances of two of the three 6-6 teams also making it are quite low, in particular where one of them will have to play DGAL and where "you like that" also have to play Wingardium Le'veonsa in the final week.

After next week, and after tonight, things will be a lot clearer and we can work out the usual permutations. However, the basic thing is this: it looks quite likely that three teams will get to 8-6. It looks probable that four teams will and unlikely that three or less will (counting Super Marino at 11-1 as already there, of course). That being the case, tonight's game and the impact it has on the match between the NGTs and Shedite's Silverados is huge, because it is very close to a knockout. While the loser can make it to 7-7, there is a strong chance they will miss out on tiebreakers if they do.

And the four straight win Night Trains are rolling down the rails.

I'll do the annual permutations post next Tuesday or so, based on the results this weekend coming, and probably based on one team finishing 7-7 and making it.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 26 Nov 2018 at 5:46pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:43am
Delighted with the win last night, gets me back to 6-6 after being 0-4 and 1-5 this season.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 2:27pm
No one beneath me went for Austin Ekeler on waivers?!

Delighted, not least cos Philly (who I am playing this week) has Melvin Gordon.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:29pm
Waivers been pretty easy to get pickups off all year. Didn't think about Fournette getting a suspension so that could cost me big time.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 4:33pm
Yeah, I was worried you'd have gone for Ekeler in those circumstances. Hopefully he'll make the difference in me getting to the final to lose to Super Marino, assuming Melvin Gordon misses a few weeks.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:51am
My playoff hopes all waiting on the questionable Josh Adams tomorrow night, currently projected to win by 0.2 points Dead
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:14am
There's a chance 7-7 might well be enough. I could lose and go 7-6, Wingardium could be 7-6 (though 8-5 is more likely), Shedite is 7-6, and I can't see all three of us winning next week to make it necessary to go 8-6.

We'll see what the scenarios are after tomorrow night's game (Philly has so many players against me tomorrow night I have no clue where I stand).
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 12:24pm
Looks like Top 4 are all winning this week, with 5th place Don't Give a Luck needing 10pts from a RB tonight to keep up. Top 3 look into the playoffs.

After that it's a Wildcard game next week between Shedite Silverados and Don't Give a Luck

Shedite Silverados are win and in I'd be at 8-6 then.
Don't Give a Luck are most likely win and in, at 7-7
You Like That could be still involved if DGAL win next week, and they make up some point differences (or overcomes a 35 point deficit tonight.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 2:31pm
I think I'm going to lose, in fact. I think 7-7 might do it. We'll get the full scenarios tomorrow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:06am
Edit: post was wrong, see below.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Dec 2018 at 3:37pm
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:38am
Super Dave Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:06am
Good man SD.

The Silverados are here to win.

Needed to win 6 in a row to get the playoffs, 5 down, one to go.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 1:43pm
So I actually f**ked it up. BearsCerealBowl are not 6-7, but 5-8.

You can ignore all of that post above as I'm off to fix it.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Good man SD.

The Silverados are here to win.

Needed to win 6 in a row to get the playoffs, 5 down, one to go.

I lost five in a row before winning last night. Disaster Cry
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
Here is the updated post. If you want to know your individual scenario, roll to the bottom.

Next week’s fixtures:

The Night Trains 7-6 v 5-8 BearsCerealBowl

Shedite’s Silverados 7-6 v 6-7 Don’t give a Luck

Wingardium Le’Veon-sa 8-5 v 6-7 You like that

North Galway Tornadoes 6-7 v 3-10 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow

The green wizards 5-8 v 12-1 Super Marino

After this week, it is now clear that 8-6 will be sufficient for the playoffs. However, a number of teams can still finish on 7-7, in numerous combinations. Among those six, the base head to head records are: The Night Trains (4-2), Shedite’s Silverados (3-3), North Galway Tornadoes (3-3), Don’t give a Luck (3-4), You like that (2-3).

That doesn’t answer very much, though, so a better way to look at it is to look at the various scenarios. The key games are The Night Trains v BearsCerealBowl and Shedite’s Silverados v Don’t give a Luck. Obviously enough, that gives four combinations of results (WW, WL, LW and LL), and then the other results that matter are for You like that and the North Galway Tornados. Anyway, there are effectively 16 combinations, although in the first four (where The Night Trains and Shedite’s Silverados both win), the only important thing is that those two teams win, as it knocks everyone else out. Anyway, here are the combinations, along with what each team probably wants. The first tiebreaker is head to head and the second, on default settings, is overall points scored.

1)      If The Night Trains and Shedite’s Silverados both win, both are into the playoffs, everyone below that is out. If either wins, then they are obviously into the playoffs as well.

2)      If The Night Trains win and Shedite’s Silverados lose, The Night Trains are in, plus:

a)       If You like that and the North Galway Tornados also win: Shedite’s Silverados (3-2), North Galway Tornados (3-2), Don’t give a Luck (2-3), You like that (1-2) – Shedite’s Silverados (1-1) v North Galway Tornados (1-1) – on overall points, North Galway Tornadoes are about 90 points ahead, so that’s close to guaranteed for them.

b)      If You like that win and North Galway Tornados lose: Shedite’s Silverados (2-1), Don’t give a Luck (2-1), You like that (0-2) – Shedite’s Silverados (1-1) v Don’t give a Luck (1-1) – on overall points, Don’t give a Luck are about 170 points ahead, and would have to beat Shedite’s Silverados in this scenario, so into the playoffs.

c)       If You like that lose and North Galway Tornados win: North Galway Tornados (3-1), Shedite’s Silverados (2-2), Don’t give a Luck (1-3) – North Galway Tornados into the playoffs.

d)      If You like that and North Galway Tornados both lose: Shedite’s Silverados (1-1), Don’t give a Luck (1-1) – on overall points, Don’t give a Luck are about 170 points ahead, and would have to beat the Silverados in this scenario, so into the playoffs.

3)      If The Night Trains lose and Shedite’s Silverados win, Shedite’s Silverados are in, plus:

a)       If You like that and North Galway Tornados also win: You like that (2-1), Night Trains (2-1), North Galway Tornados (0-2) – then You like that (1-1) v Night Trains (1-1) – on overall points, The Night Trains are about 34 points ahead currently, so it is up in the air, dependent on performance.

b)      If You like that win and North Galway Tornados lose: Night Trains (1-1), You like that (1-1) – on overall points, The Night Trains are about 34 points ahead currently, so it is up in the air, dependent on performance.

c)       If You like that lose and North Galway Tornados win: Night Trains (1-0), North Galway Tornados (0-1) – The Night Trains are in.

d)      If You like that and North Galway Tornados both lose: The Night Trains make the playoffs.

4)      If the Night Trains and Shedite’s Silverados both lose:

a)       If You like that and North Galway Tornados also win: Night Trains (4-2), Shedite’s Silverados (3-3), North Galway Tornados (3-3), Don’t give a Luck (3-4), You like that (2-3) – The Night Trains into the playoffs, then for the second spot Shedite’s Silverados (1-1) v North Galway Tornados (1-1) on overall points, North Galway Tornadoes are about 90 points ahead, so that’s close to guaranteed for them.

b)      If You like that win and North Galway Tornados lose: Night Trains (3-2), Don’t give a Luck (3-2), Shedite’s Silverados (2-2), You like that (1-3) – The Night Trains and Don’t give a Luck into the playoffs.

c)       If You like that lose and North Galway Tornados win: Night Trains (3-1), North Galway Tornados (3-2), Shedite’s Silverados (2-3), Don’t give a Luck (2-4) – The Night Trains and North Galway Tornados into the playoffs

d)      If You like that and North Galway Tornados both lose: Night Trains (2-1), Don’t give a Luck (2-2), Shedite’s Silverados (1-2) – The Night Trains and Don’t give a Luck into the playoffs.

On a team by team basis then, with odds assigned based not on the teams but on the number of possible ways of qualifying for the playoffs:

For the Night Trains: win and in. If The Night Trains lose, and Shedite’s Silverados also lose, then the Night Trains are also definitely in. If Shedite’s Silverados win, and You like that lose, then the Night Trains are also definitely in. It is only where the Night Trains lose, Shedite’s Silverados win and You like that win that the Night Trains could be knocked out. Then, however, they have about a 35 point advantage of points scored over You like that, being the second tiebreaker. The odds of making the playoffs are around 90-95%. 

For Shedite’s Silverados: win and in. If they lose, they are just about certainly out. There is the vanishingly unlikely scenario of the Night Trains losing, Shedite’s Silverados also losing, You like that winning, the North Galway Tornados winning, and Shedite’s Silverados still scoring over 90 points more than the North Galway Tornados. That is not going to happen. The odds of making the playoffs are an even 50%.

For Don’t give a Luck: they need to win and they need North Galway Tornadoes to lose. How the Night Trains do doesn’t matter. They need two results to go their way, so I’d say the odds of making the playoffs are about 25%

For North Galway Tornados: They need to win and they need Shedite’s Silverados to lose as well. How the Night Trains do doesn’t matter, barring Shedite’s Silverados somehow losing while scoring over 90 points more than them. They basically only need two results to go their way, so I’d say the odds of making the playoffs are about 25%.

For You like that: they need to win, and they also definitely need both The Night Trains to lose and Shedite’s Silverados to win. They then also need to outscore the Night Trains overall by more than 33.72 points. I’d say the odds of making the playoffs are around 5-10%.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:24am
There's one last thing that matters, and that's ranking for the playoffs, because no one wants to face the number one seed Super Marino.

If the Night Trains and Shedite's Silverados both win: the seeding is Super Marino, Wingardium Le'Veon-sa (2-1), The Night Trains (1-1), Shedite's Silverados (1-2), so Super Marino v Shedite's Silverados and Wingardium Le'Veon-sa v The Night Trains.

If the Night Trains win and Shedite's Silverados lose: the seeding is Super Marino, Wingardium Le'Veon-sa (1-0), The Night Trains (0-1), then the last qualifier (probably one of North Galway Tornados or Don't give a Luck) is fourth seed, so Super Marino v the last qualifier and Wingardium Le'Veon-sa v The Night Trains.

If the Night Trains lose and Shedite's Silverados win: the seeding is Super Marino, Wingardium Le'Veon-sa (1-1), Shedite's Silverados (1-1), then the last qualifier (either The Night Trains or You like that) is fourth seed, so Super Marino v The Night Trains or You like that and Wingardium Le'Veon-sa v Shedite's Silverados.

If the Night Trains and Shedite's Silverados both lose: the seeding is Super Marino, Wingardium Le'Veon-sa, The Night Trains (as identified on head to head above), then the last qualifier (either North Galway Tornados or Don't give a Luck) is fourth seed, so Super Marino v North Galway Tornadoes or Don't give a Luck and Wingardium Le'Veon-sa v The Night Trains.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 68>
  Share Topic