Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 3:12pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: NFL FANTASY THREAD
Posted By: RogerMilla
Subject: NFL FANTASY THREAD
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 7:58pm
fantasy chat in here

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Replies:
Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 8:06pm
Fair enough. I have been talking a lot of fantasy related shyte on the other one.

-------------

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 9:18pm
Good call

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:35pm
Copying this conversation across.....

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Incidentally, while the tiebreaker is head to head, the Commissioner of the league (whoever that is) has the power to seed the playoffs directly in the event of ties. He can select who he wants but obviously the published rules say head to head, so that should probably be used. There may be some controversy over what happens if there is a head to head tie (say two teams have a 1-1 record against each other), as to whether it goes to net head to head points, overall points or overall net points..... that would be a matter for discussion and the rules are not clear. They should probably be agreed upon in advance.
Commissioner Anseo!

I have it still set to the default so http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-schedule#tiebreakers" rel="nofollow - as you'll read here ....

By default, tie breakers for final regular season standings in the case of an overall W-L-T record tie are as follows:

• Head-to-Head Record (NFL-Managed Default)
  • Points Scored For 
  • Points Scored Against (Most Difficult Schedule)
  • Coin Flip

Posted By: tribalarmy
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:36pm
When does the play-off fantasy game start?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

When does the play-off fantasy game start?

Plays off starts jan 3rd

Posted By: Landon Donovan
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:57pm
Im defo in for the Play Off challenge.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 10:58pm
Just a quick thing:

Say there is a tiebreak situation where there are three teams tied, and they are 2-1, 2-1 and 1-3 in the head to head. Would the second tiebreaker go back to the head to head between the first two teams? That might not be even - you could have a case where they are 1-0 and 0-1, being 1-1 and 2-0 respectively against the third team. Or would it go to the second tiebreaker then, overall points for?

I think the NFL rules say that once a team has been eliminated on a tiebreaker it goes back to the first tiebreaker again between any teams who remain tied.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Here are some tiebreaker head to head scenarios as I see them (in each case I am counting Super Marino and the Green Wizards as having better than 10-5 records as they are both 10-3 at the minute):

If The Night Trains, AFC Shenhua Bills and Cooley Mucksavages end up tied on 10-5 (Ray Lewis's Suit would have to be 9-6):
AFC Shenhua Bills 2-0 - IN
The Night Trains 1-1 - IN
Cooley Mucksavages 0-2 - OUT

If The Night Trains, Ray Lewis's Suit and Cooley Mucksavages end up tied on 10-5 (AFC Shenhua Bills would have to be 8-5 or 9-6):
The Night Trains 3-0 - IN
Ray Lewis's Suit 1-2 - IN
Cooley Mucksavages 0-2 - OUT

I'll have a proper look at more scenarios after this weekend's games. There are far too many permutations to have a proper look right now. There could be plenty of teams end up on 9-6 and it could get very, very messy. It will be clearer after the weekend and we'll it properly then.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Im defo in for the Play Off challenge.

+1

Have to retain my silver medal from last season.

Regular season is for losers.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2014 at 11:33pm
still hoping to retain both crowns!

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 3:12am
Was their much trading done this year. Good bit done in my other league but not much here

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:46pm
I missed the draft and forgot about it, to my shame. I have been setting my lineup the last few weeks however and am on a 2 loss streak, so no change there LOL

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 6:58pm
yeah well up for the playoff game 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 7:00pm
There's less need for trading when there are small squad sizes as you can generally pick up what you need.

The other league I play in has ten teams but starting teams of 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 Flex (R/W/T), 2 DEFs and 1 K. Plus a bench of about ten each. Trading becomes a necessity when you suffer injuries if you are short at one position and an opponent has someone spare. Bye weeks too played havoc to some people.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 8:26pm
35 so far from Newton.... a waiver wire pick up on FridayCool

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 11:15pm
Yeah I have him in my other league. Top fantasising.

Have Stafford and Joique Bell in this league. That batted pass TD was the best.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 12:29am
Raiders against 49ers, so I have the Niners defence. That'll be good for a few points, right? 7th highest number of points against opposition defence.

2 points. Jesus tittyfocking Christ.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 1:19am
Stat of the day: Wicklow Warthogs had more points from one player on the bench (Le'Veon Bell with 41.50) than the entire team scored (36.80). Yikes.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 5:01am
Just had a look through tiebreakers etc etc. It looks like the picture is going to be relatively clear ahead of next week's games. It seems unlikely to change regardless of what happens tomorrow night.

Super Marino and the Green Wizards will be into the playoffs, definitely, after this weekend, if they weren't already.

First point: If Ray Lewis's Suit defeat my team, the Night Trains, after tomorrow night's game (unclear at the minute), then the playoff lineup will be set, as the AFC Shenhua Bills and Ray Lewis's Suit will join Super Marino and the Green Wizards in the playoffs.

My Night Trains will be 8-6, along with the Cooley Mucksavages, and the Bills will be 9-5 with the tiebreaker over both of us (Ray Lewis's Suit will move to 10-4 and the playoffs, along with the two eleven win teams). Even if Castel di Flanno7hi somehow manage to finish the season 9-6 (quite unlikely it seems, given that they need to avoid Aaron Rodgers scoring more than 11.36 points tomorrow night to even get to 8-6) and tie with AFC Shenhua Bills, they lose in the tiebreaker to any of three of us, as they lost to each of us (the Bills, the Night Trains and the Mucksavages). The lineup will be set if I lose tomorrow night, with Super Marino, the Green Wizards, the AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow and Ray Lewis's Suit all into the final four.

Second point: If I defeat Ray Lewis's Suit after tomorrow's game, then it will be two from three between the Night Trains, the Bills and Ray Lewis's Suits to progress to the playoffs.

The following will determine which two of the three make it:

1) The winner of the game between the Suits and the Bills will definitely make it. I will also make it if The Night Trains defeat the Boston Tebow Party, regardless of the other result.

2) If I lose and the Bills win, then The Night Trains will go through and the Suits will go out. I would be 2-0 against the Suits and, if they also finish 9-6, 1-0 against the Mucksavages.

3) If I lose and the Suits win, then the Bills will go through and The Night Trains will go out. The Bills would be 1-0 against both the Night Trains and the Mucksavages and thus in.

Like I pointed out before, even if Castel di Flanno 7hi manage to finish 9-6, they lost to all four of other potential tied teams and would thus be out regardless.

I am 99% sure this is accurate at the minute based on the head to head tiebreaker. A lot turns on how tomorrow night's game goes. My 41.62 point lead should, hopefully, be enough, but with the Suits having Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson and the Packers defence up and me only having Eddie Lacy, I need a little luck. I'd say I'm favourite to hold on for the win as it stands but not necessarily.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 10:43am
excellent stuff SDClap

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 11:08am
having a mare since my 6-0 start

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 4:19am
A minute to half time and I'm over 43 points clear of the Suits.

Then Nelson scores.... then in the second half, Jones scores. Then Nelson again on a 60 yarder, about one minute later. Jones is having a career night, over 250 yards. A 3.12 point lead with 6:15 remaining. I'm right on the edge now, thanks to outrageous second half performances from both Jones and Nelson after mostly quiet first halves. I just need Green Bay to run the goddamn ball with Eddie Lacy and I might have a chance but otherwise I'm screwed.

I was over 43 points clear with the Suits only having two players scoring. 3 second half touchdowns and about 400 yards from the two of them in a little over half the game.... you have got to be kidding me. I am going to have the highest scoring team in the league and I may very well not make the playoffs. Jokeshop.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 4:48am
Okay, seeing as I (just about) held on to win tonight, the position in advance of next week is as outlined above, namely:

1) The winner of the game between Ray Lewis's Suit and the AFC Shenhua Bills will make it to the playoffs.

2) The Night Trains will also make it if The Night Trains defeat the Boston Tebow Party.

3) If The Night Trains lose:
a) and the AFC Shenhua Bills win, then The Night Trains will go through and Ray Lewis's Suit will go out.
b) and Ray Lewis's Suit wins, then the AFC Shenhua Bills will go through and The Night Trains will go out.

Cooley Mucksavages go out regardless, even if they win and finish 9-6, as they lost to each of the Night Trains, the AFC Shenhua Bills and Ray Lewis's Suit.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 8:18am
Some performance outta Jones and Nelson alright. Wudda been a famous win

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 7:25pm
Hope none of ye get in as I dont think I'll get within 30 points of anyone the way the eagles offence performed last week LOL

Resting all my stars(ie eagles) this week for the craic as its a nothing game given Super Marino have the Fudge Bay Packers

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2014 at 7:43pm
Wouldn't be so quick. The Packers only win was against me when they somehow scored 96 points, easily their highest score of the season. They lost a load of games because of bye weeks and injuries but those have cleared up now.

Super Marino will probably still win, admittedly, and leave you as second seed.

Then again, the other thing is, there is little enough difference between the potential third and fourth seeds. We're all 8-5 at the minute, so there will likely be little difference between being first and second seed anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 12:40am
play offs babyCool

Just hope Jennings is fit, Philly has a nice matchup for his Eagles @Redskins next week

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 10:28am

Yup, Ray Lewis's Suit (JH91) needed to win this week to make the playoffs but lost (barring a miracle 40-pointer from a kicker).

Playoffs should be....
AFC Shenhua (nvidic) V Super Marnio (nvidic's mate)
Green Wizards (PhillyK) V Night Trains (SuperDave84)

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 9:56am
My Mate (1) plays SuperDave(4)
I (3) play Philly (2)

Eagles have the Redskins this weekDead

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:59pm
In this league, I'm obviously in the semi final. In the other league, we are a week ahead (don't include week 17 as they are too many variables and risks of rested starters) and I am in the final there.

Both my opponents have DeMarco Murray. Is it really wrong to wish injury on an individual? Or at least that he doesn't recover?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 5:03pm

In this league, I'm obviously in the semi final. In the other league, we are a week ahead (don't include week 17 as they are too many variables and risks of rested starters) and I am in the final there.

Both my opponents have DeMarco Murray. Is it really wrong to wish injury on an individual? Or at least that he doesn't recover?

not at all, I was sick when I saw I got 3rd as wanted Murray this weekLOL

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 5:18pm
Now, given that I have a higher waiver priority than your mate, would it be *really* wrong to claim Joseph Randle off waivers?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:17pm
Blake Bortles or Charlie Whitehurst? This the championship game in my other league so I need to get these decisions right. It's a two QB league, with ten teams, hence the mediocre options. Jacksonville play Tennessee tomorrow night and I have their two starters (assuming Bortles is passed fit) to pick between for my QB2 position (Russell Wilson is QB1).

The alternative is hoping that Cam Newton gets fit as it is his injury that is causing me this headache to begin with. I had Wilson and Newton for the season after trading Flacco away early on to strengthen elsewhere.

The other call is Tre Mason or Jonathan Stewart. I'm leaning towards Mason but I'm not sure.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:19pm
Think Newton will play myself, would lean towarrds bortles

Cleveand gave up a lotta running td's last week..

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:21pm
Just threw all the eagles into the team there and hope for a miracle result on saturday now Ouch though did manage the miracle last year if memory serves me correctly 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Just threw all the eagles into the team there and hope for a miracle result on saturday now Ouch though did manage the miracle last year if memory serves me correctly 

was praying you'd think it was a sunday game and forget to change til sun morningLOL

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:25pm
I am leaning towards Bortles too.... I cannot risk waiting on Newton because I don't have another option and there are no other free agents who will be playing later this weekend, not even Case Keenum, who my opponent picked up this week, probably to screw with me, by the looks of it.

I think the Stewart/Mason decision can be decided depending on whether Newton plays. If he doesn't, Carolina will be running it a lot more presumably and I'll go for Stewart. If Newton does play, I'll stick with Mason, I think. Sunday decision.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

was praying you'd think it was a sunday game and forget to change til sun morningLOL
You should know by now, I only follow the eagles and check who they're playing next every tuesday if I dont already know so no chance I'd make that feck up though the projections where better had I not changed the team LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 11:35pm

Think Newton will play myself, would lean towarrds bortles

Cleveand gave up a lotta running td's last week..

Just checked though and both Cleveland (v. Stewart) and New York Giants (v. Mason) have given up 10 TDs on the season along the ground. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. I'm going to leave it to the Newton factor.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:23am
Okay, actually, just picked up Clausen.

So, risk it and start Blake Bortles tonight, or wait til Sunday and see if Newton starts and if he doesn't start Clausen?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 2:06am
forgot to move shonn greene out of the flex slot, massive mistake

Gore going well at least

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 2:12am
Riley Cooper on my bench in my other league. Two TDs. Whoops. Championship game.

Anquan Boldin as well. I was kinda pissed off when it looked like he had scored.

Odell Beckham, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown and Torrey Smith starting which is why Cooper and Boldin are benched.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 2:21am
I do have the San Francisco Defence though, so there's that.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 8:26pm
That's me beat too

Bennett not scoring for Bears and benching Cooper really has fuked me over sums up my nfl weekend

-------------

Posted By: Shoco
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 9:44pm
59 points sitting on the bench has put me out

-------------

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2014 at 8:11pm
right, advice needed, have to pick 2 of 3

Frank Gore (ARI tough team to run against but he's playing for a big potential contract)
Branden Oliver (KC, Ryan Matthews is out)
Eddie Royal (KC, tough team thru the air, Keenan Allen likely out)

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 12:44am
Barring any score corrections I've retained my crown and won three ybig fantasy comps in a rowCool

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 3:22pm

Barring any score corrections I've retained my crown and won three ybig fantasy comps in a rowCool
Clap

Mighty final, won by .5 of a point. 

Frank Gore with a 24 year run with 4mns left looks to be the now that won it for you 

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Clap

Mighty final, won by .5 of a point. 

Frank Gore with a 24 year run with 4mns left looks to be the now that won it for you 

yeah, was a cracker, great season too!

Gron got pulled for me with half an hour left which had me worrying but clay did the business for me, as did Royal, my other late addition

Super Bowl lot harder to call this year, not sure of my tactics for the play off fantasy

Also, next years fantasy draft I can see being WR heavy up front, RB's were tightly enough bunched this year

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 8:12pm
I setup the NFL.com playoff challenge too for anyone who wants to join. No draft required, just pick your players. If you have a player in week 1 and keep them for week 2, you get double points the next week.

http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/214198/join?icampaign=playoffchallenge_lm_email_invite

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 7:55pm
BUMP for the play off challenge

We could possibly rename the thread title to gain attention.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 6:30pm
The green hay hackers are in

-------------

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 6:38pm
My picks are made, haven't watched any games in 2 weeks or so - getting my excuses in early....

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 6:39pm
Not too confident on this one, lack of a stand out rb or wr for pats makes things difficult

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 7:48pm
The wizards are in, went for Pats v Cowboys final and the team reflects that Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 8:56pm
In now, banking on the Pats and either of the Packers or the Cowboys making it. If they do, I'll be in prime position.

The lack of a decent Pats running back or wide receiver is harmful though.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 12:59am
Positions as follows:

Green Hay Hackers 233 (6 players x3 next week, 2 Packers, 2 Seahawks, 1 Patriot, 1 Colt)
Ballybrack Badgers 227 (3 players x3 next week, 1 Seahawk, 1 Colt, 1 Patriot, 1 player x2, 1 Seahawk)
jhoran 91's picks 223 (2 players x3 next week, 2 Colts)
The Night Trains 213 (7 players x3 next week, 4 Patriots, 3 Packers)
The Bo Jackson Curse 201 (2 players x3 next week, 1 Patriot, 1 Colt, 2 players x2, 1 Packer, 1 Seahawk)
The Wizards 189 (6 players x3 next week, 4 Patriots, 1 Packer, 1 Seahawk)
nvidic's picks 176 (6 players x3 next week, 4 Seahawks, 2 Patriots)
Shedite 173 (4 players x3 next week, 2 Seahawks, 1 Packer, 1 Patriot)
The U 170 (4 players x3 next week, 1 from each team)

Hackers in prime position and will have 3 x4 players in the Super Bowl no matter what happens.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 1:06am
I lost a lot of players this week. The night trains and Hackers are the favs

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 1:32am
made a balls of it this year, blount was a dreadful choice

edit, if its a pats seahawks final I'll be in the running still

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 6:04pm
the hackers are f**ked, we are long greenbay and they aint going no further imo 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 6:07pm
Wait, the Hackers have two Seahawks and two Packers..... not fecked at all yet. If the Seahawks make it, you'll still be in a strong position, even more so if the Colts make it too, seeing as less people have Colts than Patriots. You can always bring in a couple of Seahawks for your eliminated players if you are worried.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:26pm
have wilson on -18Cool

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 9:46pm
I have him too but only on a first appearance

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:23am
Any analysis SD?

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:45am
I put Vereen in for Blount earlier today. All week I had him in then changed my mind at the last minute

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:28pm

Any analysis SD?

Gimme a few minutes.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:08pm
Okay, so here is the position:

Night Trains 470, 4 players x4, 1 player x2, 3 players x1, effectively 21 scorers in the Super Bowl.
Green Hay Hackers 459, 3 players x4, 2 players x2, 3 players x1, effectively 19 scorers in the Super Bowl.
nvidic's picks 455, 6 players x4, 2 players x2, effectively 28 scorers in the Super Bowl.
The Wizards 452, 5 players x4, 1 player x2, 2 players x1, effectively 24 scorers in the Super Bowl.
Ballybrack Badgers 386, 2 players x4, 1 player x3, 4 players x2, 1 player x1, effectively 20 scorers in the Super Bowl.
Shedite 374, 3 players x4, 3 players x2, 2 players x2, effectively 20 scorers in the Super Bowl.
The Bo Jackson List, 310, 1 player x4, 1 player x 3, 1 player x2, 5 players x1, effectively 14 scorers in the Super Bowl.
The U 307, 2 players x4, 6 players x1, effectively 14 scorers in the Super Bowl.
jhoran 91's picks, 4 players x2, 4 players x1, effectively 12 scorers in the Super Bowl.

Now, there are effectively three players in with a shout in my reading of it. A good performance by Wilson, Haushka and the Seahawks defence and nvidic is in, but if Brady, Gostkowski and the Patriots defence perform better and then it's between me and the Wizards. Our lineups are similar (4x Brady, Gronk, Gostkowski and the Patriots defence, in each team) but the Wizards have the advantage of having Lynch x3 whereas I have him x2, plus he has Edelman x2. That could be enough to bridge an 18 point gap but not definitely. nvidic's lineup is much more Seahawk heavy and he is relying on Wilson, Haushka, Seahawks defence, Lynch and Blount who are all x4. The lineups are very different though, so all three of us have a shot. I'm writing off the Hackers because they will be outscored by nvidic definitely. All his multiples are the same as nvidic's but nvidic has Wilson x4 as well, plus extra multipliers on Blount and Haushka.

I'd make nvidic odds on favourites, then the wizards then the Night Trains. They are the only three with a shot. Had the Packers made it, I'd have been home and hosed, with a healthy lead and significantly more effective multipliers than anyone else. I'd have had 29 effective scorers, against 24 for the Wizards, 18 for the Hackers and 16 for nvidic. F**kin Bostick.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:11pm
good man SDClap should be interesting!

Only thing with my lineup is between edelman, blount, lavell and gronk (not likely the later) at least one and likely two will have next to no production

Seahawks win and I should win though, touch wood

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:18pm
You wouldn't have had a shot without that f**king Packers collapse though. I was set.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 6:23pm

You wouldn't have had a shot without that f**king Packers collapse though. I was set.

aye, cursedLOL

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 12:50am
Have all three scorers so far, two 4x and one 2x, not having Brady could well cost me though

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 12:54pm
Hard luck.

I see the winner of the entire competition had 7 Patriots and Marshawn Lynch in his line up. It's what you'd expect - Brady, Blount, Lynch, Edelman, Amendola, Gronk, Gostkowski and the Patriots defence.

F**king Packers though. If they'd only hung in, I'd have won our league at least.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 2:38pm
the run had to end some timeCry

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:24pm
how did it finsih up? 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:38pm
Finished number 2004 in the world in the Playoff challenge.

Had the same line up as the guy who won it except I went for the Seahawk's Defence and La Fell. He went for Pat's Defence and Amendola.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 7:58pm
Sheee-it, tough break.

Were they considerations you even made? I'm guessing you never thought of the Patriots defence, whatever about the LaFell / Amendola consideration.

Then again, as a non-US resident, you weren't eligible for the prize anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:13pm

Hard luck.

I see the winner of the entire competition had 7 Patriots and Marshawn Lynch in his line up. It's what you'd expect - Brady, Blount, Lynch, Edelman, Amendola, Gronk, Gostkowski and the Patriots defence.

F**king Packers though. If they'd only hung in, I'd have won our league at least.
Been a while coming but finally won one of the ybig fantasy comps, been close last 2 years in the main nfl one, we needed a new winner anyway as Vidic was getting boring winning all the time LOL

The Green Wizards will be back next year full of eagles players trying to wrestle that crown from him as well Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 10:29am
Renamed this one keep fantasy talk in here

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 11:25am
Fantasy Football 2015
So the people who abandoned their teams last season are banned from entering this year. That's....
RogerMilla, UCD AFC, Mayo Mark

Two of those spots are already taken above....
Sbyrne24, Borussia

So who's playing?
  • Sbyrne24 Yes
  • Borussia - Yes
  • Shedite - Yes
  • SuperDave84 - Yes
  • PhillyK - Yes
  • Shocco?
  • JH91 ?
  • nvidic?
  • nvidic's mate?
  • fear-glas?
  • Flanno7hi?
  • Trap For Pope?
  • Galway Night Trains (Is that run by Del piero or Bo Jackson, or are they one and the same?)
I'm proposing a draft on Tuesday 1st September. Any issues with that date?

No keepers.

Also, for draft order, will we put it in reverse order of last year's final rankings (like in real life?)

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:17pm
I'm in

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:25pm
1st September? Sure half of us will either be in the Algarve or en route!

Week before? Or Tuesday September 8th? Maybe a bit close to kick off (10th) but I think the 29th August to the 6th September is out for a lot of people.

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:28pm
I'm in !

Posted By: Bo Jackson
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:55pm
I'm in! Thumbs Up

And the North Galway Tornados have not amalgamated with the Night Trains LOLWink

-------------
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 1:12pm
Good stuff!

Flying Mournemen looking to make an impact on their debut!

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 1:24pm
22nd or 23rd August for the draft? Some time over that weekend, maybe 8pm Saturday 22nd?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 1:57pm

22nd or 23rd August for the draft? Some time over that weekend, maybe 8pm Saturday 22nd?
Yeah happy to do it whenever if people are already en route.

I reckon a midweek evening would be best.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 7:11pm
Yeah week before we all head to Faro probably be best I reckon

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Good stuff! 

Can we not allow him in until he calls them the Philly Eagles Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 7:22pm
Midweek better alright, will have to cull a few surely from people who never bothered changing their teams

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 7:30pm
Hang on , I don't want in anyway but I didn't abandon my team, I have played the last 2 playoff ones but never played the regular ones

-------------

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 8:01pm

Yeah week before we all head to Faro probably be best I reckon

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Good stuff! 

Can we not allow him in until he calls them the Philly Eagles Tongue

LOL 

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 9:13am
So is Tom Brady still a first round draft pick?

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 2:00pm
He never was.

Depends if he gets an injunction or not where he is drafted.

All the teams in his division are set up to stop him, too.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 10:08am
Thursday 20th?

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 2:53am
Ray Lewis' Suit are in too

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:43am
Thursday 20th sounds good.

-------------

Posted By: Hans Moleman
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 3:55am
Is this any good lads? A few lads in work do it, but I wouldn't be bothered if I had to put a good bit of time into it each week. The Premier League FF is fairly straight forward, would you put much more time into this?

-------------
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 7:30am
Yes is the short answer but it's superior in every way to the soccer one, if you watch the NFL on a Sunday evening it'll be worth it

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 9:37am
In (9)
  • Sbyrne24
  • Borussia 
  • Shedite 
  • SuperDave84 
  • PhillyK 
  • JH91
  • nvidic 
  • Bo Jackson
  • Flanno7hi

Others
  • Shocco?
  • nvidic's mate?
  • fear-glas?
  • Trap For Pope?
  • Del piero 

Drafting 20th August so.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 9:42am
Which site do you use lads ? Will sign up if I'm not on there already.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net