You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Neil Armstrong Neil Armstrong wrote:

What happens if your flight is late landing on London?
Doubt it makes much difference to what time a flight lands on London really, bound to cause a fair bit of death and destruction at any time of the day or night.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Going to the US indirect is madness! 

I remember in the Celtic Tiger days, when everyone did their Christmas shopping in Woodbury Common, the deals with Virgin from London were so much better so I went that way to try it. 

Seats were comfier, individual tellies with choice of film or Super Nintendo games, Aer Lingus had a tv that came down from the ceiling, showing some third rate family film, free cans of beer compared to Aer Lingus pouring you some pure orange into a plastic glass. 

But still, despite all that, it wasn’t worth going via London. 

Better just to ignore how sh*te Aer Lingus is, pay the extra money and save time both with immigration and not getting a connecting flight. 

Sure that's twenty years ago 😂

All Aer Lingus planes have the individual TVs now, and for thr last part are pretty new modern planes 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 7:15pm
Have flown to NY from Dublin and London and found immigration to be a lot quicker in JFK than pre-clearance in T2.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 9:29am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Have flown to NY from Dublin and London and found immigration to be a lot quicker in JFK than pre-clearance in T2.

Flew to Fort Lauderdale in June and was only asked two questions at immigration. In and out in no time.

My mate on the other hand pissed off the immigration guard by accident after he walked to the desk before being called and then got the Spanish inquisition when they seen he was in Russia and Iran on his passport. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 9:32am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Going to the US indirect is madness! 

Not if you're saving hundreds of euros on the flights in and out overall. Flew from Norway & London before when fares were too high from Ireland.

In fairness Aer Lingus put on great deals in off-season where you can get return flights for 350-400 return at times. 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 9:34am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Flew to Fort Lauderdale in June and was only asked two questions at immigration. In and out in no time.

My mate on the other hand pissed off the immigration guard by accident after he walked to the desk before being called and then got the Spanish inquisition when they seen he was in Russia and Iran on his passport. LOL

Flew into Vegas from London once and we were waiting about 2.5 hours in the immigration queue
Here we go again
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 9:47am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Flew into Vegas from London once and we were waiting about 2.5 hours in the immigration queue

That's brutal especially if you're arriving in the evening as it's your first day gone. 

LAX wasn't great. Was at least an hour there but the queue was huge in fairness. 

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Aug 2023 at 9:49am
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2023 at 10:35am
It would need to be a serious saving on fares for me to not use the pre-clearance in Dublin.  For the Costa Rica/Portugal games in 2014 I was delayed for ages in Newark.  

It can be slow in Dublin but this is much easier to bear than a long wait after a transatlantic flight.  

I haven't been since before Covid but normally around Christmas time you will find deals on Aer Lingus.  
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 3:26pm
Hoping to go to NYC at halloween for a week. Mate is over there so have somewhere to stay etc. Dirct flights are looking 750 or so return. In anyone's experience are they likely to come down in price or do Aer Lingus every have transatlantic sales? Could fly via Iceland for about 400. This may be the better option or what are peoples experiences?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 3:59pm
I'm in the same boat.

I'm meant to be travelling to North Carolina for a wedding and the prices are through the roof - and I am paying for 4 people.

Did you have a look at jet blue?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'm in the same boat.

I'm meant to be travelling to North Carolina for a wedding and the prices are through the roof - and I am paying for 4 people.

Did you have a look at jet blue?
I was just going off Skyscanner to be honest. Will have a look on there 👍
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Hoping to go to NYC at halloween for a week. Mate is over there so have somewhere to stay etc. Dirct flights are looking 750 or so return. In anyone's experience are they likely to come down in price or do Aer Lingus every have transatlantic sales? Could fly via Iceland for about 400. This may be the better option or what are peoples experiences?
The better half goes in October and usually around €520 mark. Aer Lingus normally have a summer sale on late June and can get good deals if your trip includes a Saturday night. You don't have to pay full fare up front, think you can pay 50% now and the balance 8 weeks before travelling. Cheapest flights are the 10.30am from Dublin and the 9.55 pm from JFK travelling mid week...if you go economy and only have a 10kg bag it's about €100 cheaper 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 12 Mar 2024 at 6:16pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 6:58pm
Nice one CH, I might hold out for that at this stage
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Definitely wait. They will come down a few months closer. 
Here we go again
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:07pm
Are you sure?

The flights to NC are about 800e now and I am meant to be going 1st week Sept.

Edited by horsebox - 12 Mar 2024 at 8:07pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:30pm
9th to 15th October, going economy is €405, 23rd to 30th Sept going economy is €304. Good value if flexible with dates 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 12 Mar 2024 at 8:36pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 9:23pm
Going to a wedding in Philadelphia next June. Planning on flying home from NY. Flights probably going to cost a bomb😐
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

9th to 15th October, going economy is €405, 23rd to 30th Sept going economy is €304. Good value if flexible with dates 
  sadly it has to be the Halloween holidays for me. Jet Blue as mentioned earlier only goes up to September and is not much cheaper it seems than aer Lingus. If it doesn't come down by the summer it's not the end of the world and I'll book somewhere else
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
  Share Topic