Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trap concerns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Billy davies

That was a low ebb .
Going over old ground but if hoolohan is another primadonna then fck him

Think you are been a bit harsh Roger. Firstly its in The Sunday World so I wouldn't take it as gospel and secondly Wes has done nothing in the past to suggest he is a primadonna - he has kept his council all these years and showed up when picked.

Note my use of the word IF ,

If he is being used by some journo with an agenda he should speak out as well

Noted

But I would prefer Wes to be pissed off about not getting on than not giving a sh*t. Lots of players get accused of not caring about international football and if he had a pop at Trap in the dressing room after the game then so be it. Shows he cares. And he should have came on so he would be right to have a pop also.

Exactly.

If the players on the bench are not pissed off a getting a game then you have a problem on your hands.

I made the same comment about Long coming off as he was disenchanted.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:12pm
Read the paper there on my break. Talk about masking the truth. No quotes or anything just an opinion that Hoolahan looked pissed off leaving the stadium. More than likely they made that up too.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Read the paper there on my break. Talk about masking the truth. No quotes or anything just an opinion that Hoolahan looked pissed off leaving the stadium. More than likely they made that up too.

ragLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:40pm
Curtis doesn't normally go to games anymore. Absolute joke of a paper . The sindo whose coverage of Irish soccer is shocking had 5 articles slamming trap one from that tool Richard deadlier who also has la huge chip on his shoulder.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:47pm
Were the Sunday World the only paper to run this story?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

his constant belittlement of our players is infuriating, is it any wonder the team has no self belief.

the FAI need to act now, two good candidates in o'neill and mcdermott available. but they won't as they will wait until this time next year to save on wages

any excuse eh!!

Saving on wages maybe would be an argument if we were out of the running with no chance of qualifying but we are still bang in it. Fcuk me your posts (along with a few others on here) are becoming extremely boring and predictable.   
Clown
In the runningLOL?! 

They waited nearly 5 months the last time and it was to save money. 

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
big nail View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big nail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:38am
surprised there isnt more in the papers about getting martin o neil in now?
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:05am

his constant belittlement of our players is infuriating, is it any wonder the team has no self belief.

the FAI need to act now, two good candidates in o'neill and mcdermott available. but they won't as they will wait until this time next year to save on wages

any excuse eh!!

Saving on wages maybe would be an argument if we were out of the running with no chance of qualifying but we are still bang in it. Fcuk me your posts (along with a few others on here) are becoming extremely boring and predictable.   

Clown
In the runningLOL?! 

Don't know what is so funny. Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

Also the same rag that reported this about Hoolohan also stated that Shane Long for example thought trap was the right man to keep in the job for this campaign.

Impossible to have a sensible argument with you as all you will do is resort to calling people clowns. Very childish stuff.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:19am

Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

Also the same rag that reported this about Hoolohan also stated that Shane Long for example thought trap was the right man to keep in the job for this campaign.

Impossible to have a sensible argument with you as all you will do is resort to calling people clowns. Very childish stuff.

can only agree here , we are still in the running and this sh*t about hoolohan being pissed off is irrelevant right now
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:56pm

any excuse eh!!

Clown
In the runningLOL?! 

Don't know what is so funny. Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

yes technically san marino can still get to the playoffs also.

Do you think based on form over the last 10 years we can go to austria and win, and also beat sweden at home. Maybe you think we can do a job on the germans also? Under the current regime we are out of it. If we cannot beat austria at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup.

re sunday world im sure its a nothing story, not even worth mentioning tbh, my initial post was relating to his constant talking down of our players. Try makng an argument based on substance rather than spouting out childish green tinted platitudes, maybe then i will respect your opinion.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:14pm
Yes I think we can beat Austria and Sweden who both have to Play each other twice and Germany once so we are not out of it in any mans language and I wont give up on us until it mathematically impossible.

People give out about Trap being Defeatist Shocked

Edited by gufct - 02 Apr 2013 at 4:34pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
Wes got changed straight away after the game, didn't go to the mixed zone but straight to the Players Lounge, where he met his family (whom we were sharing a table with). he stayed for an hour and left afterwards, he took photos with fans but was clearly pissed off, after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Curtis doesn't normally go to games anymore. Absolute joke of a paper . The sindo whose coverage of Irish soccer is shocking had 5 articles slamming trap one from that tool Richard deadlier who also has la huge chip on his shoulder.

just so i know is anyone who is anti trap a tool with a chip on their shoulder in your book?? Sadlier is unbiased imo and is entitled to his opinion like anyone else
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

just so i know is anyone who is anti trap a tool with a chip on their shoulder in your book?? Sadlier is unbiased imo and is entitled to his opinion like anyone else
how does sadlier have a chip on his shoulder? he has been spot on to date with his analysis.

What time or articles did you expect GUFCT? Did you watch the austrian game?

Charlo View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:00pm
One of yesterday's men is MON. Has failed to evolve with football over the last decade or so. Still thinks of deploying the Leicester model which worked at times for Celtic but even there the wheels came off a few times.

I'm afraid he might just get the nod though if not in work by the end of the year. He'll certainly galvanise the team for a period, spirit and that usual never say die attitude will be evident to begin with......there might even be a high profile scalp along the way but like most managers he'll have his own clique and we'll be questioning him in time too. Remember he's not too keen on young players or small ones at that.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Wes got changed straight away after the game, didn't go to the mixed zone but straight to the Players Lounge, where he met his family (whom we were sharing a table with). he stayed for an hour and left afterwards, he took photos with fans but was clearly pissed off, after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.

Of course Hoolahan was pissed off when leaving. We conceded a last minute equaliser. He was hardly going to leave singing Zippa Dee Do Da!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:09pm
Sure Trap's a fascist!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:12pm

Yes I think we can beat Austria and Sweden who both have to Play each other twice and Germany once so we are not out of it in any mans language and I wont give up on us until it mathematically impossible.

People give out about Trap being Defeatist Shocked

We must be watching a different national side so because the side I have been following lately hasn't a hope of making Brazil but sure believe what you like but as long as Trap is there making bizarre decisions we are going backwards, most people who have even backed Trap after Poland have changed their view, really can't understand the naivety from some fans to think we still have a chance, each to their own I suppose.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic