Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=43828
Printed Date: 21 May 2024 at 7:07am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Trap concerns
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: New Trap concerns
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:04pm
Apparently Hoolahan stormed out after last Tuesday and Trap has been sl*gging off the players again.  With  MON sacked and out of work could be an opportunity for the FAI to act.  I wish Trap could keep his mouth closed and stop running down the players and our country.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:06pm
This is from back of Sunday World, wouldn't believe everything you read from that rag. Could be true, ya wouldn't now.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:10pm
Unused sub says some heated comments to a Sunday tabloid rag with an agenda...mmmmm

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:12pm
Ya that's it. MON flying into Dublin tomorrow, announced as new gaffer on Monday. Trap being transferred to Moycullen nursing home on Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised if that story is true, anything could happen with your Trappatoni relationship these days.

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Ya that's it. MON flying into Dublin tomorrow, announced as new gaffer on Monday. Trap being transferred to Moycullen nursing home on Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised if that story is true, anything could happen with your Trappatoni relationship these days.

LOL  why moycullen?? Theres a lovely one across the road from me in the city here.

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:18pm
his constant belittlement of our players is infuriating, is it any wonder the team has no self belief.

the FAI need to act now, two good candidates in o'neill and mcdermott available. but they won't as they will wait until this time next year to save on wages

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Blue Man
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:22pm
Can see McDermott as the next Leeds manager

-------------
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010

Posted By: planning
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Apparently Hoolahan stormed out after last Tuesday and Trap has been sl*gging off the players again.  With  MON sacked and out of work could be an opportunity for the FAI to act.  I wish Trap could keep his mouth closed and stop running down the players and our country.

The opportunity for the FAI to act will be in October/November should we not qualify.

Until then the rebels and whingers just have to get used to the idea, and the Sunday World is Monday's chip paper.

-------------
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:27pm

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

LOL  why moycullen?? Theres a lovely one across the road from me in the city here.

Too near the college and corrib village, ya don't know what he could get upto!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

his constant belittlement of our players is infuriating, is it any wonder the team has no self belief.

the FAI need to act now, two good candidates in o'neill and mcdermott available. but they won't as they will wait until this time next year to save on wages

What he said!

-------------

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:35pm
The Sunday world didn't even have a journo in Sweden FFs. The pile of tripe being published in that rag is beyond belief. Trap belittled no one and talked up his players saying all they were missing was experience and a little bit of cuteness in wasting time and killing off games.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:39pm
Sunday World. Sure they consider Roy Curtis to be a journalist.

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:45pm
Hoolohan storms out of aviva tuesday?? Another jumped up gimp then

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:53pm
Well I agree Curtis is a joke to be fair.  Lets see if theres any truth to the Hoolahan stor. As stated it wouldnt surprise me if its a non story.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 10:59pm
A lie you mean tj .

-------------

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Hoolohan storms out of aviva tuesday?? Another jumped up gimp then

Hed have been the only Irishman not to have stormed out on Tuesday.

Wouldnt read anything into it. Re MON Delaney wont want to be behind any manager's signing. Threfore, although I would like to think things could happen there, it cant IMO

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 11:18pm
Haha was just thinking how funny it would be if the FAI got Giles, Dunphy and Brady to choose the next manager!  They would never criticise him then because they picked him!!LOL

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 11:40pm
I will happily keep Trapattoni any day if the alternative is Martin O'Neill. 

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

I will happily keep Trapattoni any day if the alternative is Martin O'Neill. 

I second this. If MON gets the job I will give up. So negative he makes Trap look like a great attack minded manager.

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 12:51am

any excuse eh!!

Saving on wages maybe would be an argument if we were out of the running with no chance of qualifying but we are still bang in it. Fcuk me your posts (along with a few others on here) are becoming extremely boring and predictable.   

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 12:59am
It's Roy Cúntis FFS. If he told me it was raining outside I'd still stick my head outisde the door to make sure

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 2:04am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

any excuse eh!!

Saving on wages maybe would be an argument if we were out of the running with no chance of qualifying but we are still bang in it. Fcuk me your posts (along with a few others on here) are becoming extremely boring and predictable.   

Its just as boring and predictable as hearing people with the alternative argument. 

BTW I agree with Denis Irwin. Whilst I agree with ****is and that gombeen in the herald (Hyland) ATM it would be very hypocritical now to support their arguments after criticising the latter personally in Kazakhstan only a few months ago. Hyland has always been anti Trap. And he has always been anti manager since I can remember. He has lost any credibility he may have had.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 2:54am

Haha was just thinking how funny it would be if the FAI got Giles, Dunphy and Brady to choose the next manager!  They would never criticise him then because they picked him!!LOL
Giles always says he never wants to be involved in picking a manager for that reason. 

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 2:56am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Giles always says he never wants to be involved in picking a manager for that reason. 

Was he not involved in the last selection process Confused

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Don GivensEmbarrassed, Houghton and not sure the 3rd (Hand?), but nearly sure it wasnt Giles

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

no, it was Don Howe, Ray Houghton and Don Givens

-------------
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - mastodon and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 3:06am

Was it not Givens,Giles and Don Howe no ?

EDIT: I stand corrected Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 3:11am
Didn't Trap highlight himself to the panel, rather than the other way around, can anyone remember? If anyone knows, who else was interviewed? I think Jewell was anyway, and Venables

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:25am
Billy davies

That was a low ebb .
Going over old ground but if hoolohan is another primadonna then fck him

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:31am
Hard to say what is true or lies these days everything just seems to be a mess

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:47am

Billy davies

That was a low ebb .

Think you are been a bit harsh Roger. Firstly its in The Sunday World so I wouldn't take it as gospel and secondly Wes has done nothing in the past to suggest he is a primadonna - he has kept his council all these years and showed up when picked.

Posted By: Just saying like
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:12am

Not Good enough for Sunderland but good enough for Ireland?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsb3rhngRrQ" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsb3rhngRrQ

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hard to say what is true or lies these days everything just seems to be a mess

Sadly, this would be my thinking too

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 11:07am
Certain sections of the media are as much to blame as any Player or the manager. Some of the stories have been blown totally out of proportion and today's article is the latest in a litany of them.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Billy davies

That was a low ebb .

Think you are been a bit harsh Roger. Firstly its in The Sunday World so I wouldn't take it as gospel and secondly Wes has done nothing in the past to suggest he is a primadonna - he has kept his council all these years and showed up when picked.

Note my use of the word IF ,

If he is being used by some journo with an agenda he should speak out as well

-------------

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 11:33am

Billy davies

That was a low ebb .

Noted

But I would prefer Wes to be pissed off about not getting on than not giving a sh*t. Lots of players get accused of not caring about international football and if he had a pop at Trap in the dressing room after the game then so be it. Shows he cares. And he should have came on so he would be right to have a pop also.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 12:12pm

Billy davies

That was a low ebb .

Noted

But I would prefer Wes to be pissed off about not getting on than not giving a sh*t. Lots of players get accused of not caring about international football and if he had a pop at Trap in the dressing room after the game then so be it. Shows he cares. And he should have came on so he would be right to have a pop also.

Exactly.

If the players on the bench are not pissed off a getting a game then you have a problem on your hands.

I made the same comment about Long coming off as he was disenchanted.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: seanyshuffler
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 8:12pm
Read the paper there on my break. Talk about masking the truth. No quotes or anything just an opinion that Hoolahan looked pissed off leaving the stadium. More than likely they made that up too.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Read the paper there on my break. Talk about masking the truth. No quotes or anything just an opinion that Hoolahan looked pissed off leaving the stadium. More than likely they made that up too.

ragLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:40pm
Curtis doesn't normally go to games anymore. Absolute joke of a paper . The sindo whose coverage of Irish soccer is shocking had 5 articles slamming trap one from that tool Richard deadlier who also has la huge chip on his shoulder.

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 10:47pm
Were the Sunday World the only paper to run this story?

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 12:19am

any excuse eh!!

Clown
In the runningLOL?! 

They waited nearly 5 months the last time and it was to save money. 

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: big nail
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:38am
surprised there isnt more in the papers about getting martin o neil in now?

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:05am

any excuse eh!!

Clown
In the runningLOL?! 

Don't know what is so funny. Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

Also the same rag that reported this about Hoolohan also stated that Shane Long for example thought trap was the right man to keep in the job for this campaign.

Impossible to have a sensible argument with you as all you will do is resort to calling people clowns. Very childish stuff.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:19am

Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

Also the same rag that reported this about Hoolohan also stated that Shane Long for example thought trap was the right man to keep in the job for this campaign.

Impossible to have a sensible argument with you as all you will do is resort to calling people clowns. Very childish stuff.

can only agree here , we are still in the running and this sh*t about hoolohan being pissed off is irrelevant right now

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:56pm

any excuse eh!!

Clown
In the runningLOL?! 

Don't know what is so funny. Are we not still in the running? An outside chance I agree but we are far from out of it yet.

yes technically san marino can still get to the playoffs also.

Do you think based on form over the last 10 years we can go to austria and win, and also beat sweden at home. Maybe you think we can do a job on the germans also? Under the current regime we are out of it. If we cannot beat austria at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup.

re sunday world im sure its a nothing story, not even worth mentioning tbh, my initial post was relating to his constant talking down of our players. Try makng an argument based on substance rather than spouting out childish green tinted platitudes, maybe then i will respect your opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:14pm
Yes I think we can beat Austria and Sweden who both have to Play each other twice and Germany once so we are not out of it in any mans language and I wont give up on us until it mathematically impossible.

People give out about Trap being Defeatist Shocked

-------------

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
Wes got changed straight away after the game, didn't go to the mixed zone but straight to the Players Lounge, where he met his family (whom we were sharing a table with). he stayed for an hour and left afterwards, he took photos with fans but was clearly pissed off, after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Curtis doesn't normally go to games anymore. Absolute joke of a paper . The sindo whose coverage of Irish soccer is shocking had 5 articles slamming trap one from that tool Richard deadlier who also has la huge chip on his shoulder.

just so i know is anyone who is anti trap a tool with a chip on their shoulder in your book?? Sadlier is unbiased imo and is entitled to his opinion like anyone else

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

just so i know is anyone who is anti trap a tool with a chip on their shoulder in your book?? Sadlier is unbiased imo and is entitled to his opinion like anyone else
how does sadlier have a chip on his shoulder? he has been spot on to date with his analysis.

What time or articles did you expect GUFCT? Did you watch the austrian game?

-------------

Posted By: Charlo
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:00pm
One of yesterday's men is MON. Has failed to evolve with football over the last decade or so. Still thinks of deploying the Leicester model which worked at times for Celtic but even there the wheels came off a few times.

I'm afraid he might just get the nod though if not in work by the end of the year. He'll certainly galvanise the team for a period, spirit and that usual never say die attitude will be evident to begin with......there might even be a high profile scalp along the way but like most managers he'll have his own clique and we'll be questioning him in time too. Remember he's not too keen on young players or small ones at that.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

Wes got changed straight away after the game, didn't go to the mixed zone but straight to the Players Lounge, where he met his family (whom we were sharing a table with). he stayed for an hour and left afterwards, he took photos with fans but was clearly pissed off, after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.

Of course Hoolahan was pissed off when leaving. We conceded a last minute equaliser. He was hardly going to leave singing Zippa Dee Do Da!

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:09pm
Sure Trap's a fascist!

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:12pm

Yes I think we can beat Austria and Sweden who both have to Play each other twice and Germany once so we are not out of it in any mans language and I wont give up on us until it mathematically impossible.

People give out about Trap being Defeatist Shocked

We must be watching a different national side so because the side I have been following lately hasn't a hope of making Brazil but sure believe what you like but as long as Trap is there making bizarre decisions we are going backwards, most people who have even backed Trap after Poland have changed their view, really can't understand the naivety from some fans to think we still have a chance, each to their own I suppose.

Posted By: John W
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Of course Hoolahan was pissed off when leaving. We conceded a last minute equaliser. He was hardly going to leave singing Zippa Dee Do Da!
and the prize for staing the obvious goes to....

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:37pm

any excuse eh!!

Clown

In the runningLOL?! 

Do you think based on form over the last 10 years we can go to austria and win, and also beat sweden at home. Maybe you think we can do a job on the germans also? Under the current regime we are out of it. If we cannot beat austria at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup.

re sunday world im sure its a nothing story, not even worth mentioning tbh, my initial post was relating to his constant talking down of our players. Try makng an argument based on substance rather than spouting out childish green tinted platitudes, maybe then i will respect your opinion.

Have you looked at the table!? We are on 8 points (credit to The GerK for pointing this out to me!!) (the same as Sweden who have a game in hand and Austria) granted its an uphill task but Sweden and Austria have to play each other twice and they both also have to play Germany as do we. I wonder are the swedes saying 'if we can't beat Ireland at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup' and the Germans saying the same about the swedes after letting a 4 goal lead slip at home!? Neither of our rivals for 2nd spot like us have hardly set the world alight in this group to date. For the record I do believe we can go to Austria and win and beat Sweden at home. Alot stranger things have happened and yes I am aware of our form over the past 10 years, 12 months, 2 weeks whatever but you can obviously read into the future and already know for a FACT our fate despite us having 5 games left. I actually pity fans like you who have no belief. The day I stop believing or start thinking we are down and out before a ball is kicked is the day I will stop going to watch Ireland play as IMO I see no point in watching your team if you think like that.

My argument is based on substance and my comments are far from childish. Maybe you should look at your own posts from time to time as you are the one who makes the childish comments and tries to abuse a poster for trying to make an argument/have an opinion.

I couldn't give two fcuks whether you respect my opinion or not, no skin off my nose.

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:47pm
El Nino, you obviously haven't looked at the table. We are on 8 points Wink

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:53pm

Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

and the prize for staing the obvious goes to....

Maybe at the next Hoolahan family gathering you can show Wes my post and have a good laugh about it!

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

El Nino, you obviously haven't looked at the table. We are on 8 points Wink

Fair point , my bad.

Edited now with a mention to your good self

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:41pm

any excuse eh!!

Clown

In the runningLOL?! 

Have you looked at the table!? We are on 8 points (credit to The GerK for pointing this out to me!!) (the same as Sweden who have a game in hand and Austria) granted its an uphill task but Sweden and Austria have to play each other twice and they both also have to play Germany as do we. I wonder are the swedes saying 'if we can't beat Ireland at home we do not deserve to go to the World Cup' and the Germans saying the same about the swedes after letting a 4 goal lead slip at home!? Neither of our rivals for 2nd spot like us have hardly set the world alight in this group to date. For the record I do believe we can go to Austria and win and beat Sweden at home. Alot stranger things have happened and yes I am aware of our form over the past 10 years, 12 months, 2 weeks whatever but you can obviously read into the future and already know for a FACT our fate despite us having 5 games left. I actually pity fans like you who have no belief. The day I stop believing or start thinking we are down and out before a ball is kicked is the day I will stop going to watch Ireland play as IMO I see no point in watching your team if you think like that.

My argument is based on substance and my comments are far from childish. Maybe you should look at your own posts from time to time as you are the one who makes the childish comments and tries to abuse a poster for trying to make an argument/have an opinion.

I couldn't give two fcuks whether you respect my opinion or not, no skin off my nose.

you didn't even know how many points we had, says it all really. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 7:54pm
Great response at always Citizen

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:10pm
wes  has every reason to be pissed off , how does he feel when he sitting on the bench and the likes of connor sammon on the park for 90 minutes ? ridiculous carry on from our manager Angry

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:15pm
El nino speaking sense so citizen resorts to what can only be described as a sh*te and childish reply. Good man Thumbs UpClown

-------------
Ahh heya!

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:45pm

how does sadlier have a chip on his shoulder? he has been spot on to date with his analysis.

Sadlier is another Curtis, who says Trap deserves another contract one minute, and then says he should be sacked the next.

He has never coached a team in his life, and his claim to fame is a few minutes playing for McCarthy years ago.

We are level with our opponents with 6 hours of football to be played in the group. Of course we are in the running at this time.

-------------

Posted By: counterlock
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 11:56pm
Can someone tell me what exactly Brian McDermott has achieved, for him to be touted so highly by some on here? He's had truck loads of money thrown at him over the last few years and has been exposed as a spoofer who took 4 months to pick up three points in the EPL.

Have a look at how many times they gave up the lead and conceded in the last 10-15 mins under him this season. He has done nothing to deserve Trap's job.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:19am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Sadlier is another Curtis, who says Trap deserves another contract one minute, and then says he should be sacked the next.

He has never coached a team in his life, and his claim to fame is a few minutes playing for McCarthy years ago.

We are level with our opponents with 6 hours of football to be played in the group. Of course we are in the running at this time.

when did he say trap deserved another contract? Can you name one point Sadlier made that proved to be wrong? Sadlier is a very good journalist and provides excellent insight into the game if you read his pieces regularly.

So unless you have managed a team you cannot express your views on football. We may as well close down the forum so. Did you ever stop to think for one minute that there is not a great conspiracy against trapattoni?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:24am
most media , fans , and players seem to want rid of trap , thats how it seems to most people now. in my opinion its a good time for a change , a new man would have plenty of time and games before the 2 massive games in september! why wait till it goes tits up with trap when martin o neill is available now ?

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:57am
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/success-ends-all-arguments-about-style-and-method-26793924.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/success-ends-all-arguments-about-style-and-method-26793924.html

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:15am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/success-ends-all-arguments-about-style-and-method-26793924.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/success-ends-all-arguments-about-style-and-method-26793924.html

he didnt stay on that bandwagon for long LOL 

dont think he is a good journalist at all citizen , some good anecdotes from his career in his articles but not a good analyst and is coming across too biased.

see johnny giles analysis on the off the ball podcast this week , tears traps tactics to shreds, just cause i agree with richies conclusions doesnt mean i like his analysis , one trick pony imo.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:21am
he's not a great writer, most of Sadlier's articles follow the same pattern of a paragraph on recent event in football (bad tackle, dodgy transfer deal, player falling out with manager, etc)
several paragraphs on a similar incident when he was with Millwall, or occasionally St Pat's
and then a conclusion

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:22am

he's not a great writer, most of Sadlier's articles follow the same pattern of a paragraph on recent event in football (bad tackle, dodgy transfer deal, player falling out with manager, etc)
several paragraphs on a similar incident when he was with Millwall, or occasionally St Pat's
and then a conclusion

yup , thats his formula alright.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:25am

dont think he is a good journalist at all citizen , some good anecdotes from his career in his articles but not a good analyst and is coming across too biased.

see johnny giles analysis on the off the ball podcast this week , tears traps tactics to shreds, just cause i agree with richies conclusions doesnt mean i like his analysis , one trick pony imo.

Of course he didnt. Hes not deluded like some on here who mustve been too busy singing TFOA than watching the matches in Poland and acknowledging the baffling team selections and substitutions.

Before the tournament there weren't too many that recognised that Trap needed to go (Citizen and Trapped apart) but now most people (including Sadlier) have acknowledged that he's inept and deserves to be out on his ear.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Of course he didnt. Hes not deluded like some on here who mustve been too busy singing TFOA than watching the matches in Poland and acknowledging the baffling team selections and substitutions.

Before the tournament there weren't too many that recognised that Trap needed to go (Citizen and Trapped apart) but now most people (including Sadlier) have acknowledged that he's inept and deserves to be out on his ear.

The Chelsea approach.

If in doubt sack the manager.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 11:59am
dont see anything wrong with that article to be honest , he gave trap credit at the time and now he wants him out thats the same as most of us fans now .

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:44pm

see johnny giles analysis on the off the ball podcast this week , tears traps tactics to shreds

John had his chance, but got nowhere and resigned on a plane.

There were many calling for his head ever since Andy Reid got punished for breaking squad discipline, so every bad result is squarely his fault, and every positive result is down to either the players or "luck".

You don't qualify for tournaments if you're inept. If you're inept, you lose 5 goals in a holiday resort, name suspended players on subs benches, finish 10 points off the pace, and should be out on your ear.

Just two months before, after we got our first ever result in Moscow, Sadlier said on air that he shouldn't get a new contract whether we qualify or not. When the populist wind was back in Trap's favour, he switched and admitted that every action and decision made was "fully justifiable", there was no need to seek a replacement, and he'll do the same again should we go to Brazil. Guaranteed.

We are halfway through a campaign, level with our targets. You don't change course when you're on course for the sake of populism, and we only need to be one point ahead of them in 6 months time.

-------------

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:54pm

We were all gutted to see Houlihan not play... and can understand if he was too. However players have to respect a managers decision even if its wrong and I sincerely hope he makes himself available in May/June. I hope he remains fit, gets to play and prove to Trap he is a match winner.

As much as I have time for Doyle, He hasn't been near his best for a while in the irish shirt and to whinge to the press is almost premadonna like. I hope Wes dont go the same way, hes worked too hard for too long... and no one is more deserving of a call up... Plus hes a talented gifted fella

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:58pm

see johnny giles analysis on the off the ball podcast this week , tears traps tactics to shreds

completely irrelevant .

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:16pm

after he left a member of his family told me its the last time you'll see him under Trap. Time away from his family with little or no chance of playing and the feeling Trap doesn't rate him was cited as the reasons. I paid no heed to this until this story came about. Hopefully he turns up in June and this is all forgotten about.

sad times, he is just in the squad, now he is spitting the dummy , find it hard to blame trap for this , another primadonna if the above is true....

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:22pm
I dunno if its true abput hoolahan but if it is what sort of primadonnas have we got playing for us?? Im sure eveey player feels he should be playing and there in 22-24 in a squad so you cat have 11 lads walking off in a huff coz they didnt play. I strongly believe Hoolahan should be playing but as said its the managers decision and thats the way it is and always will be no matter who is the manager.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:27pm

I dunno if its true abput hoolahan but if it is what sort of primadonnas have we got playing for us?? Im sure eveey player feels he should be playing and there in 22-24 in a squad so you cat have 11 lads walking off in a huff coz they didnt play. I strongly believe Hoolahan should be playing but as said its the managers decision and thats the way it is and always will be no matter who is the manager.

absolutely , jaysis hoolohan is complaing about missing his family and he has only been on about 3 trips FFS , i really hope this was just a disgruntled family member who wanted to see him come on.

otherwise Thumbs Down 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The Chelsea approach.

Confused I think you'll find, bar a tiny no. of European nations - San Marino being the only one I know off the top of my head, possibly a couple more - he's the longest serving international manager currently

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:44pm
Two campaigns should be the max for any national team manager, after that it becomes stale.

The ones who stay longer are there based on early successes and it usually ends up badly, Charlton, Ramsey, Trap (with Italy) etc.....

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Two campaigns should be the max for any national team manager, after that it becomes stale.

The ones who stay longer are there based on early successes and it usually ends up badly, Charlton, Ramsey, Trap (with Italy) etc.....

Correct. This point was made by Giles not too long ago (Think it was after Kazak on OTB). Big difference to club football, as you tend to be sticking with same system and players as you cant buy..

4 years is long enough for any international manager bar exceptional circumstances (i.e. Spain) - which certainly isnt the case for us now! 

If you look at major finals finalists in recent years:
2012 - Prandelli (1st campaign) Del Bosque (2nd)
2010 - Van Marwijk (1st) Del Bosque (1st)
2008 - Loew (1st) Aragones (2nd)
2006 - Domenech (1st - and look at what happened him 4 years later) Lippi (1st)
2004 - Rehhagel (1st) Scolari (1st)

Someone else can continue but the only 2 managers that made the final not on their 1st attempt were the Spanish managers which nobody can argue is an exceptional circumstance.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:01pm

Robson had 4 campaigns with England, with a varied record. He came back from losing every game at Euro 88 to the semi-finals of the WC next time out.

As long as the coach keeps doing what is asked of him, there's no need to replace him. That is currently the case with us. When he fails is time to change.

-------------

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:19pm

Robson had 4 campaigns with England, with a varied record. He came back from losing every game at Euro 88 to the semi-finals of the WC next time out.

As long as the coach keeps doing what is asked of him, there's no need to replace him. That is currently the case with us. When he fails is time to change.

Agree, there is no basis to limit the term of an international managers, only success

Posted By: Shebber
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:56pm

completely irrelevant .

I'm not one to defend Trap blindly, but if Trap walked into the Allianz arena last night with something to say, both sets of fans would have sat up and listened to what he would have to say. who of not really gives a sh1t what giles has to say?

-------------
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:14pm
The media in Ireland hAs lowered it's standard to below the English media sinceick got shafted in 2002 and start baying for the managers head on the first sign of blood add to that the constant leaking from the Fai it doesn't add up to a balanced view.

A manager should not be asked to resign because of taking off or putting on the wrong player. The defeatist attitude of some on hers is crazy there is lot of football left before October.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:17pm

The Chelsea approach.

Confused I think you'll find, bar a tiny no. of European nations - San Marino being the only one I know off the top of my head, possibly a couple more - he's the longest serving international manager currently

But look at the people on here who wanted him sacked and more importantly the dubious reasons for wanting him sacked - absolute joke shop.

We draw a game at home and everyone wants him out.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:25pm

The Chelsea approach.

But look at the people on here who wanted him sacked and more importantly the dubious reasons for wanting him sacked - absolute joke shop.

I doubt there are many that didnt want him out last autumn that want him out now. Id say the only people that were turned from last week's result were people that were on the fence. 

What are the dubious reasons that people want him out now? Trapped and Citizen, for example, were proven right. I, like most on here, were blinded by success against significantly inferior teams over the previous 2 years. I even gave him the benefit of the doubt before Kazakhstan thinking he may change. I was proven wrong then. There is nothing dubious over people wanting him axed. He has more or less put us out of the running half way through the campaign. We are already relying on favours from others and a miracle in our own matches in September. There can be nothing gained from him staying in charge. 

Posted By: Stillhuntinghenry
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 5:52pm
I've heard people bang on that we are on target, can qualify and that we can get results against Sweden and Austria. But we took 2 points from our last 2 games, to me 4 points was a neccessity. What then would have put us out of the running in these posters eyes??
Sure if we'd only got a point we would still have to beat Sweden and Austria, so then would these same posters be still saying we can still qualify if we had got 1 point ? In essence even had we got 0 points we could 'still be in the running' as max points and a draw against the Germans could see us through.

I don't think we will qualify and I think the manager and his 'tactics' are to blame. Under a more progressive manager 6 points were there for the taking. We don't play we'll too often so when we do we need to lift maximum points. The selection procedure in the run up to games and tactical changes during games have been farcical.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 6:43pm

The Chelsea approach.

But look at the people on here who wanted him sacked and more importantly the dubious reasons for wanting him sacked - iabsolute joke shop.

I doubt there are many that didnt want him out last autumn that want him out now. Id say the only people that were turned from last week's result were people that were on the fence. 

What are the dubious reasons that people want him out now? Trapped and Citizen, for example, were proven right. I, like most on here, were blinded by success against significantly inferior teams over the previous 2 years. I even gave him the benefit of the doubt before Kazakhstan thinking he may change. I was proven wrong then. There is nothing dubious over people wanting him axed. He has more or less put us out of the running half way through the campaign. We are already relying on favours from others and a miracle in our own matches in September. There can be nothing gained from him staying in charge. 

How were Trapped and Citizen proved right?

There can be nothing gained from sacking him half way through the campaign with the usual unrealistic list of managers or the failed EPL managers too.

We are nowhere near out of the running, were level on points FFS with 5 games to play. Yes we need Sweden to drop points but so what. It was the similar in the last campaign.

Absolutely anything can happen in football.

Your like a broken record with your anti Trap agenda and to be honest I couldn't be arsed trying to defend it for the next 7 months either.

Trap will still be in charge come the end of the campaign. That is the reality of the situation.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:34pm
with a better manager over us we would be on 10 or 12 pts by now and in pole position for play offs .

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:57pm

What are the dubious reasons that people want him out now? Trapped and Citizen, for example, were proven right. I, like most on here, were blinded by success against significantly inferior teams over the previous 2 years. We are already relying on favours from others and a miracle in our own matches.

Our successful campaigns have been all about winning the games we should be winning, and getting enough results in the others to get over the line. We're not Germany and Spain who can breeze through winning every game they play in. It's a 10/12-game slog, not a must win cup tie. You get good results, you get setbacks, you evaluate where you are at the end of it, and you decide to stick or twist.

Sacking McCarthy during a campaign set this country back 10 years. We have 3 good results and 1 average result in 5 games. We are where we should be, and you don't panic and sack a coach in those circumstances.

Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

I've heard people bang on that we are on target, can qualify and that we can get results against Sweden and Austria. But we took 2 points from our last 2 games, to me 4 points was a neccessity. What then would have put us out of the running in these posters eyes??

1 point or less.

We don't have to beat Austria and Sweden, we just have to better their records in the rest of the campaign. We did it to Holland, we did it to Denmark, and we did it to Slovakia before, even though we only won 1 of the games against them.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:27pm

We lost (embarrassed ourselves) in 4 of the 6 competitive games we played last year and were barbaric against the mighty Kazaks and the 1st half in the Faroes. That proved them right IMO

1 point or less.

We don't have to beat Austria and Sweden, we just have to better their records in the rest of the campaign. We did it to Holland, we did it to Denmark, and we did it to Slovakia before, even though we only won 1 of the games against them.

Not really, we also have to get off the bottom of the 2nd place table where our group currently sits.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:33pm

[QUOTE=horsebox] 

We lost (embarrassed ourselves) in 4 of the 6 competitive games we played last year and were barbaric against the mighty Kazaks and the 1st half in the Faroes. That proved them right IMO

[QUOTE=Kerrzy]

I would nearly put my house on the fact that if Ireland played
Spain, Germany, Italy and Croatia in a serious game we would lose.

Their players are much better than ours.

I would say only one of our players would get into any of those teams and that's Coleman.

Sacking the manager is not the answer.

As a matter of interest who do you want to replace Trap?

I also don't how Ireland being beated proved that they were right - am I missing something?
I know Citizen has been anti Trap for a long time but doesn't make him right.

Looking at the bigger picture Trap managed us for 2 campaigns and got us to 2 play off's - that to me is success.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: athlonecelt
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:35pm
Coleman hasnt the mentality for the Euros. Never will. Trap is right.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:42pm

I would say only one of our players would get into any of those teams and that's Coleman.

Ive said it before and I'll stand over it; I dont see the point in speculating when the manager is still in the job. Who knows who will be available in 7 months time. 

If he did go last week I'd go for McCarthy (preferably) or O' Neill. I know the latter's shortcomings and his style of play won't be too dissimilar to Trap's but I'm not worried about the style of play, never have. No doubt like all of the pro-Trap brigade you'll dismiss both of these. 

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:50pm

I also don't how Ireland being beaten proved that they were right - am I missing something?

Looking at the bigger picture Trap managed us for 2 campaigns and got us to 2 play off's - that to me is success.

They always went on about how we were not too far away from a mauling - or similar enough - whilst everyone else on the forum were predicting a draw against Croatia and a win against the finished Italy because Trap's tactics were ideal for championships... 

His tactics were shown up. His team selection was shown up and his substitutions were shocking. He continued this trend in Kazakhstan. And similar v Germany. He began to turn the corner against the Faroes with the team selection and did so to an extent in Stockholm, until he decided to bring on Keogh and Sammon. Again a shocking managerial performance last Tuesday.

Trap should never have got a new contract, they said it, and they were justified. We could be spending half, if not a quuarter on management and be in better shape with something to be optimistic about in September.

That is success, but his time was up after the Euros. Dont like getting too hung up on stats. But Loew was the only manager at the Euros that was in charge for more than 2 campaigns. I think that 4 years is about the shelf life desired for international managers, unless there is still signs of progress. There was signs of regress, and so it has turned out. 

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:54pm

Ive said it before and I'll stand over it; I dont see the point in speculating when the manager is still in the job. Who knows who will be available in 7 months time. 

If he did go last week I'd go for McCarthy (preferably) or O' Neill. I know the latter's shortcomings and his style of play won't be too dissimilar to Trap's but I'm not worried about the style of play, never have. No doubt like all of the pro-Trap brigade you'll dismiss both of these. 

I won't dismiss them but I will give you my opinion of them.

I've been following O'Neill for years since he was at Celtic and it's John Robertson that makes the MON's team tick.

He has since parted company with JR and things have not worked out they way it was first envisaged.

If he got the job I do think that you'll see a lot more of Sammonn than you will of Hoolahan.

As was said he is a younger version of Trap. Do the fans really want to go down that route again? I think not.

McCarthy is an ok option but again we would have regularly been beaten by teams like Macedonia, Slovakia, Austria, Sweden and Armenia etc..

His away record is atrocious. While Trap's is quite surreal.

That said he will get a lot of supporters back on side and the football will be more attractive.

However I would pick McCarthy over MON....

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 11:52pm

I also don't how Ireland being beaten proved that they were right - am I missing something?

They always went on about how we were not too far away from a mauling - or similar enough - whilst everyone else on the forum were predicting a draw against Croatia and a win against the finished Italy because Trap's tactics were ideal for championships... 

His tactics were shown up. His team selection was shown up and his substitutions were shocking. He continued this trend in Kazakhstan. And similar v Germany. He began to turn the corner against the Faroes with the team selection and did so to an extent in Stockholm, until he decided to bring on Keogh and Sammon. Again a shocking managerial performance last Tuesday.

Trap should never have got a new contract, they said it, and they were justified. We could be spending half, if not a quuarter on management and be in better shape with something to be optimistic about in September.

That is success, but his time was up after the Euros. Dont like getting too hung up on stats. But Loew was the only manager at the Euros that was in charge for more than 2 campaigns. I think that 4 years is about the shelf life desired for international managers, unless there is still signs of progress. There was signs of regress, and so it has turned out. 

I'm sorry but being optimistic going into September is not success. Reaching the play-offs or qualifying is success. We have done that in the last 2 campaigns. I would go through the pain of that home draw to Slovakia in the last campaign all day long if it meant we would qualify again. There's been plenty of times in the last 2 campaigns where people were pessimistic, writing our chances off or whatever but we still reached the playoffs both times. How is this any different at the moment?? 

Sure if we'd only got a point we would still have to beat Sweden and Austria, so then would these same posters be still saying we can still qualify if we had got 1 point ? In essence even had we got 0 points we could 'still be in the running' as max points and a draw against the Germans could see us through.

I don't think we will qualify and I think the manager and his 'tactics' are to blame. Under a more progressive manager 6 points were there for the taking. We don't play we'll too often so when we do we need to lift maximum points. The selection procedure in the run up to games and tactical changes during games have been farcical.

We said that about both double headers with Russia and Slovakia in the last campaign. We got 1 point from the first double header and 2 points in the second. Guess who finished 2nd........

People are ridiculing others on here for still having belief that we can qualify and it's f**king ridiculous. Fair enough if you don't think we can but no need to ram it down peoples throat! The nay sayers apparently know we won't qualify while some of us still believe we can qualify. We're not saying we will, we're saying we can.

-------------
Ahh heya!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net