You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trap concerns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">Therefore, he might have reasoned that a message on Twitter outlining his disgust would draw some sympathy from the 'best fans in the world.'

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">Right? Wrong. "Maybe he ran out of free texts. #s**tplayer," came one of the first responses. "Ur left out of the Ireland team cause ur absolute s**t!paul mcshanes ur brother! U shud take up badminton u clown," read another where the use of (sic) would be too repetitive.

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">That abuse is indefensible. 

As I said the average man on the street is a gobsh*te. The fact that most of them now have Twitter accounts has given them more of a public voice than they had before. Whereas before they'd be mouthing about how sh*t Andy Keogh is down the boozer, now they can say it direct to his Twitter feed. You can guarantee they wouldn't be brave enough to say it to his face.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

iwillkeepcomingback View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwillkeepcomingback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
lads what are ye on about? im not on twitter.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:27pm
They are saying that you are the general public....
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
iwillkeepcomingback View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwillkeepcomingback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:29pm
if personal abuse can be sent to mcshane and green on it im joining up.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Who gives a rashers what they think?

fully agree , general public are clowns , its the people who watch the team who have a valid opinion ,

unfortunately they are divided right down the middle on trap.

General public are

Jesus suffering fcuk....I think you may be the biggest clown on this site after that statement.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Il Trap Il Trap wrote:

Thought this was probably the most suitable thread for this.

Dan McDonnell with one of his more bizarre offerings in recent times. Slow news week possibly. Normally I'm a fan of his writing and would specifically look for his articles, especially during international weeks. But this kind of stuff!?

Assuming he's being tongue-in-cheek here but still not sure what his point is.

Dan talks about "Hopefully, the build-up to Friday will help fill Lansdowne Road for a game of serious importance" and then on the Monday of the week he comes out with the above piece.Anything positive for us to start the week off in it?Nope.Maybe he wrote it from a tent in Electric Picnic where Andy Reid was doing an acoustic set?

You are a fcuking plank

Ouch.

No doubt you'll use the same tone when asking him for his jersey next year
Ive moved on from jerseys Kerzzy to other items of significant historical interest to our National team. players suits,boots and pennants and ive even room for famous "bedsheets" on the website now if anyone knows where I might get one let me know.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:01pm
That McDonnell fella is a right knob!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

That McDonnell fella is a right knob!

thank you for that insightful contribution.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:23pm
Well he feels for Keogh following the negative comments thrown his way (which you described as 'indefensible'), then he calls for Trap to join Twitter so that fellow knobs can hurl abuse at him!

Please let me know if that is insightful enough for you!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Well he feels for Keogh following the negative comments thrown his way (which you described as 'indefensible'), then he calls for Trap to join Twitter so that fellow knobs can hurl abuse at him!

Please let me know if that is insightful enough for you!

you didn't get a hint of irony from the piece at all no?

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:51pm
No.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 8:57am

How can i answer a question that is impossible to answer?! you address the failings in the system or threat of the opposition at the given time. Not simply have a blanket one (or even two) size fits all approach

You can answer the question because it's not impossible. I'll ask you again. What happens if your "have a go hero" tactic goes wrong? If we go all-out attack v Sweden and lose 0-3, how do you justify it?

We've already seen one home game this campaign where "having a go" led to three goals going in our net without reply in just 15 minutes. That's also what the Nordies, the Welsh, and the Scots do, and why their campaigns are cooked well before now.

In that case, we don't run around like a tacticless pub team, and play with more haste, less speed. It's why we're still in the mix, and why any result bar a loss on Friday, still keeps us in the picture for the flight to Brazil.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

How can i answer a question that is impossible to answer?! you address the failings in the system or threat of the opposition at the given time. Not simply have a blanket one (or even two) size fits all approach

You can answer the question because it's not impossible. I'll ask you again. What happens if your "have a go hero" tactic goes wrong? If we go all-out attack v Sweden and lose 0-3, how do you justify it?

We've already seen one home game this campaign where "having a go" led to three goals going in our net without reply in just 15 minutes. That's also what the Nordies, the Welsh, and the Scots do, and why their campaigns are cooked well before now.

In that case, we don't run around like a tacticless pub team, and play with more haste, less speed. It's why we're still in the mix, and why any result bar a loss on Friday, still keeps us in the picture for the flight to Brazil.

Sorry but this is a load of old dog sh*te.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

there is just no talking to you. Also what game did we have a go when 3 goals went in? Germany? You must be having a laugh! I'm beginning to think you are a WUM.

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:49am
I've always been pro trap and in my view its a results business and that's how any manager should be judged regardless on the style of football we play however how anyone can say we 'had a go' against Germany is beyond me! I must have been at a different match.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:52am
I also don't know why people are focusing on this game either.

We had 7 withdrawals and even with a fully fit team they would still beat us.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Eddie Rincon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddie Rincon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:13am
some Trapistas seem incapable of questioning anything. This kind of blind faith is dangerous.

I think Trap is a cultural liability. He has been trying to give us an italian mentality which is counter intuitive for us and has consequently divided the fans.

Add to the mix odd ball selection policies  ( Cox/ Green/ Ward etc ) and horrific communication problems which see him patronize us and punish players like Kelly and Wilson for nothing and I wonder how long we will take to recover from his legacy. He has driven a lot of people away from Ireland games because they simply can't connect with some of the lunacy on show. That goes for players and fans!

In the Liverpool vrs United game on Sunday,  Liverpool won a poor game because they were first to the ball and they pressed well collectively.  These are the natural traits of our game that Trap does not grasp. Jack had us doing this decades ago and now its lovely and fashionable at Barcelona and Man City but you won't see it in Serie A because it is all very unItalian.

Struggling to fill the place for the game on Friday is pathetic but I understand why people don't want to take time off and drive to Dublin to see Simon Cox on the wing.

We can keep some of his caution for our future away campaigns though!
porque el Baron Rojo Sur dice...
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Eddie Rincon Eddie Rincon wrote:

some Trapistas seem incapable of questioning anything. This kind of blind faith is dangerous.

I think Trap is a cultural liability. He has been trying to give us an italian mentality which is counter intuitive for us and has consequently divided the fans.

Add to the mix odd ball selection policies  ( Cox/ Green/ Ward etc ) and horrific communication problems which see him patronize us and punish players like Kelly and Wilson for nothing and I wonder how long we will take to recover from his legacy. He has driven a lot of people away from Ireland games because they simply can't connect with some of the lunacy on show. That goes for players and fans!

In the Liverpool vrs United game on Sunday,  Liverpool won a poor game because they were first to the ball and they pressed well collectively.  These are the natural traits of our game that Trap does not grasp. Jack had us doing this decades ago and now its lovely and fashionable at Barcelona and Man City but you won't see it in Serie A because it is all very unItalian.

Struggling to fill the place for the game on Friday is pathetic but I understand why people don't want to take time off and drive to Dublin to see Simon Cox on the wing.

We can keep some of his caution for our future away campaigns though!

Im sure the sceptics will take the time and effort to make the journey if we need a win v Kazakstan to secure a playoff spot so that their ticket stubs will secure them a playoff ticket for a sold out LR,and they wont give a fiddlers who is on the wing.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic