You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Bank Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 3:59am
Would prefer if new bank holidays were on Fridays. f**k Mondays
It would damage this forums' reputation
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I worked throughout the Pandemic also so delighted to get an extra days pay and if I end up being rosterd in on the new BH an extra days leave on top of the double time. 

Same here. I've been in the office since day one as a designated essential worked so welcome any additional day off. Like HB, we were all given an extra days leave last year too.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:57am
I've taken the first Monday of Feb off every year. It coincides with the Sunday of the SuperBowl so lets me stay up late that night, and it's a nice 4 day week to break up a bleak time of year. Wake up late, out for lunch, feet up on the couch. Great date for it
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I've taken the first Monday of Feb off every year. It coincides with the Sunday of the SuperBowl so lets me stay up late that night, and it's a nice 4 day week to break up a bleak time of year. Wake up late, out for lunch, feet up on the couch. Great date for it
The move to an 18 week season hasn't really suited you so!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I worked throughout the Pandemic also so delighted to get an extra days pay and if I end up being rosterd in on the new BH an extra days leave on top of the double time. 

Same here. I've been in the office since day one as a designated essential worked so welcome any additional day off. Like HB, we were all given an extra days leave last year too.
We didn’t get an official extra days leave but during the first lockdown, in order to keep numbers in the place to a minimum, we were all paid to stay at home on certain days. I got about 15 days sofa pay around that time so cant really complain. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The move to an 18 week season hasn't really suited you so!
Clashes with f**king Valentines weekend now too Angry
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 2:37pm
Would much prefer a new BH in July or Sept. Far longer days, decent weather and would be good to get away for a weekend. If Sept it could fall on the International break too which would be a good long weekend esp for an away.

Feb is a sh*te month for it, still dark early in the evening, baltic miserable weather. Financially just getting back on track after Xmas before Valentines hits. Shortest month of the year too so it goes by that bit quicker anyway.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:48am
Great news about the new bank holiday from next year and extra day they are giving this year on the Friday after Paddy's day.

Regarding Feb Bank Holiday moving forward, does anyone know if it will be the 1st of Feb every year or would be the first Monday? It sounds like it will he 1st of Feb each year meaning it might fall in midweek some years. 

Would much prefer if it was the first Monday so we are guaranteed a long weekend 

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Jan 2022 at 11:48am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:57am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Great news about the new bank holiday from next year and extra day they are giving this year on the Friday after Paddy's day.

Regarding Feb Bank Holiday moving forward, does anyone know if it will be the 1st of Feb every year or would be the first Monday? It sounds like it will he 1st of Feb each year meaning it might fall in midweek some years. 

Would much prefer if it was the first Monday so we are guaranteed a long weekend 

Yeah, would prefer it to be first Monday of February instead of the 1st of Feb. 

One thing which which always annoys me about St. Patrick's day is the if it falls midweek 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:13pm
I thought I heard them saying it would be the first Monday in February.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:19pm
it will be the first Monday in February, unless the 1st February falls on a Friday, in which case it will be the Friday.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
wtf in February?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

wtf in February?

St Brigid's Day so to celebrate Mná na hÉireann. There's been lobbying to have it on that day for the last few years. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

it will be the first Monday in February, unless the 1st February falls on a Friday, in which case it will be the Friday.

That is sensible! Happy with that. Long weekend in the canaries / city break to end the Janaury blues will be the way forward 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm

Source? Saw a TD say it will be every Feb 1sr
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

wtf in February?

St Brigid's Day so to celebrate Mná na hÉireann. There's been lobbying to have it on that day for the last few years. 

Enjoy the pissing rain / drizzle 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

lovely 👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic