You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 147>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Are we switching to Kappa or are lads just dreaming?
...of being able to fit into one of those kits? TongueLOL

Agreed with other comments on here though, that new away kit is so poorly (and lazily) designed, it's unreal. No way am I parting with £60 for a yoke like that when you could probably get better from the likes of Dunnes or Primark/Penneys. Unhappy
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 1:44am
The away kit is for all our fans across the water. I see no issue with it. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:04am
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Not much love for NB I see .. they're pretty uninspiring tbh. Agree with the calls for Kappa. I'm also a fan of Hummel. I feel either Kappa or Hummel would make a good job of incorporating orange into a predominately green kit for once. Either that or a classic simple Adidas design with a decent shade of green (see profile pic). 

No thanks Dead
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:05am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

...of being able to fit into one of those kits? TongueLOL

Agreed with other comments on here though, that new away kit is so poorly (and lazily) designed, it's unreal. No way am I parting with £60 for a yoke like that when you could probably get better from the likes of Dunnes or Primark/Penneys. Unhappy

I thought New Balance would be decent, i feel simplicity is best with our kits. This away just seems so half arsed. Not that i would give my money to the FAI, i won't even buy this kit off our overseas alternative outlet friends.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:22pm
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

https://www.lovellsoccer.co.uk/Football-Replica-Shirts/New-Balance/Republic-of-Ireland-18-or-19-Home-S-or-S-Replica-Football-Shirt-Jolly-Green/45438

Home shirt for €23 today 

Until the sponsor is removed from the shirt, I wont be buying it. Even if it was â‚¬2.

Its well past time that supporters were asked their opinion on this by the FAI. Its also time for supporters to boycott the shirt until they are treated like fans of every other country in the world. 
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 7:32pm
The biggest gripe I have with NB is the damn printed crests...so cheap looking...how can any designers look at those and go..oh yeah super job they look amaze balls....they look sh*te!....embroidered crests and suddenly the kit is more acceptable imo.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ffs! LOL

Just don't get how we get so sidetracked by something. If you read the forum you would swear Kappa was coming in next. 
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:27am
Joys of football opinions. As our kits go, I quite like it. 

Again won't be buying it for me but nice for the young fella.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

https://www.lovellsoccer.co.uk/Football-Replica-Shirts/New-Balance/Republic-of-Ireland-18-or-19-Home-S-or-S-Replica-Football-Shirt-Jolly-Green/45438

Home shirt for €23 today 

Until the sponsor is removed from the shirt, I wont be buying it. Even if it was <span style="line-height: 16.8px;">€2.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Its well past time that supporters were asked their opinion on this by the FAI. Its also time for supporters to boycott the shirt until they are treated like fans of every other country in the world. </span>

For what its worth i think it would be nice if the Irish jersey didnt have a title sponsor on the front of it.But just on what Schillaci is saying about boycotting it etc you have to imo look at the financial implications of that for the FAI.

Since 1986 every title sponsor has had their logo on the front of the replica shirt. It was a shrewd bit of business by Arnold O Byrne of Opel Ireland to insist on this stipulation. The FAI on and off the pitch were not setting the world alight back then. Who knew that Jack Charltons team would qualify for Euro 88, Italia 90 and USA 94.

I can only imagine that for a title sponsor of the FAI it is a huge part of their contract with the exposure it brings having their logo on all replica kits. I dont know the figures for 3 Ireland but say they pay the FAI €2 million a year over 5 years so that is €10 million.

Say in 2020 the 3 deal is up and the FAI listen to fans, take on board getting rid of the title sponsor logo on the front of shirts and agree to it. They then go back to the market and say Vodafone agree to be the new title sponsor of the Association.

After nearly 35 years of previous sponsors having those terms Vodafone say they are only going to pay €1 million a year over 5 years (5 million) as their brand is now no longer on the front of the shirts so their exposure is limited compared to past deals as the precedent is being taken away.

So the Irish fans now have a shirt without a sponsor logo which fans seem to want.

The FAI tho now have a €1 million a year annual shortfall in sponsorship income to make up. Given the current perilous state of financial affairs i cant imagine any new board member of the FAI thinking that this is a good idea.

I dont know the exact figures but say after a certain number of base units of shirts are sold the FAI then get 10% of every extra shirt sale with the shirts retailing say at €60. Thats €6 per shirt to the FAI.

Will roughly another 167,000 Irish fans on top of the fans who already buy it with the sponsors logo on it now go out and buy the new kit every year without the sponsors logo on it to help make up the €1 million deficit in sponsorship revenue?

I personally dont think so.

I cant see in the short to medium term the sponsors logo ever being taken off replica shirts purely for financial reasons.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:37pm
How many other countries have their sponsor logos on replica kits?

Germany, England, Italy, Brazil. I'm always seeing their tops without sponsors. But also smaller countries: Scotland, Wales, Georgia, Netherlands. 

If it is such a great bit of business, why is nobody else doing it?
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:40pm
Anyone know a reputable website where I’d get said jerseys
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:05pm
Ud fins them on dh gate Tongue iv got many club team jersey's from. There also, usually indistinguishable tbh
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:59pm
If you don’t wanna buy an official jersey because the FAI is corrupt and because you don’t like the sponsors logo that’s fine.But buying a counterfeit jersey only aids organized crime syndicates in China. You might be  saving yourself €40 but there’s a human cost to your cheap knock-off jersey. I know New Balance probably pay the bare minimum to produce the jerseys but I’m sure they follow worker regulations unlike some more unscrupulous manufacturers. If you want to make a real stand against the FAI, I suggest you don’t buy any jersey, fake or real 
The Big Toe Area View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Toe Area Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 12:06am
Definitely time for a proper shamrock crest again. Ireland Soccer Shirts started a campaign a while ago.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by The Big Toe Area The Big Toe Area wrote:

Definitely time for a proper shamrock crest again. Ireland Soccer Shirts started a campaign a while ago.

How did he get on?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:10pm
https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/international-teams/european/ireland.html?dir=desc&order=name

Plenty of genuine sponsor less options here for less than the price of a new jersey with sponsor in the shops.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/international-teams/european/ireland.html?dir=desc&order=name

Plenty of genuine sponsor less options here for less than the price of a new jersey with sponsor in the shops.

Code FH10 will get you 10% off as well 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 147>
  Share Topic