Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Umbro not for ÉIRE
Posted By: Trap junior
Subject: Umbro not for ÉIRE
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:47pm
Dead

Switching to New Balance in August Dead

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Replies:
Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:51pm
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/umbro-to-end-23year-association-with-the-fai-reports-35586337.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/umbro-to-end-23year-association-with-the-fai-reports-35586337.html

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: dohallor
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:53pm
Tis a pity. I think the current Ireland jersey looks very smart. The New Balance Liverpool jerseys have been fairly unimpressive tbh.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm
Ah ffs was hoping they'd go back to Addidas

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: SByrne24
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:59pm
I'm a fan of the New Balance stuff, i'd assume we'll be one of the first countries to be made by New balance. I've bought a lot of their Celtic stuff, much better material, jersey are a nicer fit, training gear is better.

Hopefully its a similar kit to the likes of Sevilla! 

Well done FAI, got this one right Clap

-------------
YBIG Resident Pilot

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
An artists impression of what the new jersey will look like:

Image result for dog sh*t

-------------

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I'm a fan of the New Balance stuff, i'd assume we'll be one of the first countries to be made by New balance. I've bought a lot of their Celtic stuff, much better material, jersey are a nicer fit, training gear is better.

What does a country made by New Balance look like? 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: stokeirish
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

What does a country made by New Balance look like? 

Well balanced I suppose

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:36pm
New balance is one of johnny cee's brands?

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:40pm
The connection with Shamrock Rovers, Liverpool, and Celtic would suggest that they might have liked getting the National Team on their platform. Not sure how I feel about this. Much as I would have liked us to join the Three Stripes bandwagon, I really have struggled to complain about Umbro's gear, with them producing some particularly nice shirts during the association. The Euro 2016 Home Shirt, and the Euro 96 qualification shirt being particularly nice.

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:45pm
Absolutely horrified to open this thread ... and it wasn't Javier going on about the new balance of the squad etc .

But a chance might be good . Can't get worse

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm
Bryan Robson on the new deal:

''I think The EIRE will be well chuffed with the new clobber. ''

Image result for bryan robson new balance

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The connection with Shamrock Rovers, Liverpool, and Celtic would suggest that they might have liked getting the National Team on their platform. Not sure how I feel about this. Much as I would have liked us to join the Three Stripes bandwagon, I really have struggled to complain about Umbro's gear, with them producing some particularly nice shirts during the association. The Euro 2016 Home Shirt, and the Euro 96 qualification shirt being particularly nice.
Ireland's three biggest clubs, in correct order.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: GUFC_Andy
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm
Hope it doesn't have the collar on it this time

-------------
Don't ban me for no reason, please.

Posted By: Dugs
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:51pm
Id like to see more orange in the shirt. Not as much as the macedonia one but a bit more. The orange stripe in the collar of the one we have now was a good start.

Posted By: irishmale0399
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:53pm
Lets see what they come up with. I imagine it is one of the few brands who would be willing to take it and pay good money for it, so looking at it from that perspective I suppose its a good deal for the FAI. Doubt Joma, Kappa etc. would be any better or pay as much.
The top 3 (Adidas, Nike, Puma) wouldnt be interested as they wouldnt get the exposure, we dont have the sales/marketing superstar in our ranks that they need nor the sales figures needed to make it attractive for them.
Would however like to see CXSports getting a chance in a few years......Irish company, Irish jobs and all that.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

Lets see what they come up with. I imagine it is one of the few brands who would be willing to take it and pay good money for it, so looking at it from that perspective I suppose its a good deal for the FAI. Doubt Joma, Kappa etc. would be any better or pay as much.
The top 3 (Adidas, Nike, Puma) wouldnt be interested as they wouldnt get the exposure, we dont have the sales/marketing superstar in our ranks that they need nor the sales figures needed to make it attractive for them.
Would however like to see CXSports getting a chance in a few years......Irish company, Irish jobs and all that.

Adidas make Scotland's gear so hardly a hurdle for them and we'd be more likely to play in a Major tournament for the foreseeable future

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 1:59pm

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Ireland's three biggest clubs, in correct order.LOL

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: eboue16
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You're missing the big f**k off '3'

-------------
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Adidas make Scotland's gear so hardly a hurdle for them and we'd be more likely to play in a Major tournament for the foreseeable future

Question is will they continue/extend it in the current marketing climate???
They have a greater population to play into the sales figures and their national league gets more TV exposure Europe wide. They also have good TV exposure with the BBC, Sky deals for both the national team and league meaning the brand is seen accross the whole of the UK and Europe. Currently watching the Celtic game on German tv.......never see a LOI game on ;)

LOI isnt exposed internationally, TV deal of note is not in place internationally, sales potential is smaller due to population in the eyes of brands.........Ireland games are not freely accessable to a wider audience. RTE 2 via sat is limited to Sky Ireland subs, DVBT and cable are local/national services further reducing exposure.
Of course if Ireland qualify for WC or EC then you get exposure for a few weeks....but is it worth the money and risk of qualifying.

Posted By: George Zip
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:09pm

That looks very nice but I still won't buy it because it will be destroyed with a sponsors logo.

-------------
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:13pm
I think this seriously damages our World Cup qualification hopes.  You can't win anything with New Balance.

-------------

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:20pm
Didnt think it could get any worse than Umbro Dead

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:55pm
Not a fan of the New Balance stuff at all, retro jerseys and ybig tops from here on in.....

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Posted By: Fozzy B
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:29pm
honestly when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was another javier post about the setup of our sideLOL

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

honestly when i saw the title of this thread, i thought it was another javier post about the setup of our sideLOL
Same here.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:06pm
Could we have the old fai ctrst back also. The one we had in the 90s etc. Hate that new logo.

Posted By: SuperDave84
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:00pm
The 80's one with the shamrock in the centre was better.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The 80's one with the shamrock in the centre was better.
the one in italia 90. Ya that one or the one after. The one now is horrible. Horrible.

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:53pm
Umbro is a proper association football brand. 

It irks me that most of my teams have now switched/will be switching to New Balance. 

Thank heavens Ireland still have Adidas kit.

New Balance, Nike, Under Armour, and other sh*t Yankee brands need to fook off and leave association football kit manufacturing to proper association football brands like Umbro, Adidas, Puma (always more of a boot manufacturer rather than a kit manufacturer but I'll give them a pass), Uhlsport (more of a goalkeeper's gloves manufacturer but again a proper association football brand), Spall, Bukta, Mitre, Kappa, Lotto, Diadora, and Hummel.

I would also consider O'Neill's acceptable, as long as they used their old logo.

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Umbro is a proper association football brand. 

It irks me that most of my teams have now switched/will be switching to New Balance. 

Thank heavens that Ireland still have Adidas kit.

New Balance, Nike, Under Armour, and other sh*t Yankee brands need to fook off and leave association football kit manufacturing to proper association football brands like Umbro, Adidas, Puma (always more of a boot manufacturer rather than a kit manufacturer but I'll give them a pass), Uhlsport (more of a goalkeeper's gloves manufacturer but again a proper association football brand), Spall, Bukta, Mitre, Kappa, Lotto, Diadora, and Hummel.

I would also consider O'Neill's acceptable, as long as they used their old logo.

Thank heavens that British statelet still have the Adidas kit.

Fixed

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 7:51pm
Personally I'd love to see O'Neills given a go. Irish company and their GAA jerseys are always 👌

Adidas are far and away the best though. The pub team, to be fair to them, have had a few belters over the last few years

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Personally I'd love to see O'Neills given a go. Irish company and their GAA jerseys are always 👌

Adidas are far and away the best though. The pub team, to be fair to them, have had a few belters over the last few years

O'neills. Would ya go way would ya. no thanks.

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:09pm
I'm a fan of their shoes, very comfortable. Hard to predict what their jerseys will be like for us, but they already supply Costa Rica and Panama.

Toplion, the Umbro partner in Ireland, also does New Balance its deals, distribution etc. So still part of the Johnny Cee emporium.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm

Irish company Irish job line is a Load or sh*t the jersey will be more then likely made in Aisa . And on the top three not getting the exposure. Who make the north , Wales and Scotland kit and I'd say that's hardly a money spinner

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:43pm
It seems a bit of a money spinning racket going on here, we will have 2, if not 3 new jersies in August, and then if we qualify for Russia, probably another 3 new ones around next March. 

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

It seems a bit of a money spinning racket going on here, we will have 2, if not 3 new jersies in August, and then if we qualify for Russia, probably another 3 new ones around next March. 

Doesn't sound like something the FAI would do at all....

-------------

Posted By: Butch
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm

Getting as bad as the premier league for changing jerseys . Interesting aswell that they were pump blasting jerseys into the Aviva crowd at HT v Iceland . So I was only thinking they were shifting them to make room for a new edition

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm

My first thought when I saw this thread.

They released 2 jersies only last year, which before then they had the navy top released in October 2015 which they've actually still yet to use.
So if New Balance release 2 in August then another 3 for Russia.

That's 8 jersies in less than 3 year, that's outrageous.

Posted By: OnTheOneRoad
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:58pm
New Balance tend to be better when the jerseys they do are simple. As simplicity is best with an Ireland jersey I think they'll do alright

-------------
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm

Doesn't sound like something the FAI would do at all....
LOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Who actually decides on the design. Do the fai say we would like something like this and new balance do up the shirt or does new balance say this is what we have come up with what do you think type of thing? How does that work

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:31pm

If they release new shirts in August there's no way they'll change them all before the World Cup. There'd probably be a home and an away released in August and a third kit before the tournament.

The home kits for World Cup 02 and Euro 12 were both released the previous August.

-------------
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

If they release new shirts in August there's no way they'll change them all before the World Cup. There'd probably be a home and an away released in August and a third kit before the tournament.

The home kits for World Cup 02 and Euro 12 were both released the previous August.

Don't think for one second that would stop the FAI. I'm with Deise on this one. We'll get a new kit for the reminder of the qualifiers and a new one for the WC if we qualify

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:52pm

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Don't think for one second that would stop the FAI. I'm with Deise on this one. We'll get a new kit for the reminder of the qualifiers and a new one for the WC if we qualify

Based on what? Any precedent shows it didn't happen.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 11:54pm
$$$$

They know full well there's plenty out there that would buy both. Just because it didn't happen previously doesn't mean it won't

-------------

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:04am
Ok wait and see is the order of the day .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: irelandshirts
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:22am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

My first thought when I saw this thread.

They released 2 jersies only last year, which before then they had the navy top released in October 2015 which they've actually still yet to use.
So if New Balance release 2 in August then another 3 for Russia.

That's 8 jersies in less than 3 year, that's outrageous.

In 1984 & 1985 Ireland wore 8 different style O Neills jersies in 8 qualifier games.

I've said before on other threads that the amount of "new" Irish shirts we have had with Umbro since 1994 is roughly the same as other associations.

Umbro were kit sponsor for 23 years.Wales went thru a period when they changed their kit supplier every few years so had lots of "new" shirts.

Personally I think New Balance if they are unveiling a new home,away,third kit in August 2017 for 4 games,they wont then release three new kits if we qualify for Russia 2018.

They may release 3 new ones at start of 2020 qualifiers or maybe early 2019 as the contract with the FAI I believe runs until 2020.

The new kit sponsor may want to get in on the contract earlier than 2020 especially if any chance Ireland might play a Euro 2020 match in Dublin.

-------------
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:53am
As far as I know, it is not mandatory to buy every Irish jersey released for yourself or your kids!

Posted By: Deco79
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:35am
The stuff they made for Ireland at the recent Olympic Games looked good

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:39am

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:45am
Obviously Athletic's, Would have loved to have Adidas back but in fairness Adidas isn't as inventive as they used to be! Every country/club has the same template for their kit/training gear as well as Nike, Puma...
Isn't Umbro, New Balance owned by the same company and Nike too if I'm not mistaken (feel free to correct me)

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Obviously Athletic's, Would have loved to have Adidas back but in fairness Adidas isn't as inventive as they used to be! Every country/club has the same template for their kit/training gear as well as Nike, Puma...
Isn't Umbro, New Balance owned by the same company and Nike too if I'm not mistaken (feel free to correct me)

Not sure about Nike, believe Toplion looks after Umbro, New Balance, Warrior and Kappa

Posted By: inshane
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:11pm
The Olympics gear was nice, Celtic gear too, not a fan of the Liverpool jerseys though.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:16pm

Not sure about Nike, believe Toplion looks after Umbro, New Balance, Warrior and Kappa

Toplion do have the licence in Ireland for all those Brands but over all Umbro are owned by Nike. But dont ask me how this works

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Toplion do have the licence in Ireland for all those Brands but over all Umbro are owned by Nike. But dont ask me how this works

How does it work ?

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

How does it work ?

Umbro is owned by Iconix Brand Group they bought it off Nike in 2012

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:21pm
Until they get rid of the big, garish "3", then the jerseys can be Cederwood State for all I could give a fcuk. Not buying ever unless I can get a sponsorless one. Thumbs Down

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Humpy Gussy Humpy Gussy wrote:

Until they get rid of the big, garish "3", then the jerseys can be Cederwood State for all I could give a fcuk. Not buying ever unless I can get a sponsorless one. Thumbs Down

Cederwood State provided the formal dress shirt,tie and blazer for the Irish squad at the World Cup in 1994.

-------------

Posted By: Humpy Gussy
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Humpy Gussy Humpy Gussy wrote:

Cederwood State provided the formal dress shirt,tie and blazer for the Irish squad at the World Cup in 1994.

LOL Jaysus

-------------
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:33pm
The Hockey kits at the Olympic's looked nice... Plain and simple but like others said it'll look terrible with the sponsor on it like many of our previous jersey's

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:34pm

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 1:57pm
Nice Alright would love to see a bit of Orange in there.

Any idea when 3 sponsorship runs out? EDIT runs until 2020

Posted By: johnnycee
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 2:56pm
Nike do not own Umbro and haven't since 2012, Iconix in NY do.

Toplion are the licensee for Umbro in Ireland

JACC Sports Distributors (jacc.ie) are the distributors for NB, Converse, Hurley, BLK, Kappa etc etc

-------------
Don't believe everything you read in the news papers

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by johnnycee johnnycee wrote:

JACC Sports Distributors (jacc.ie) are the distributors for NB, Converse, Hurley, BLK, Kappa etc etc

So what's the deal here Johnny ?? You spent a lot of time on here pulling people up who were saying that Umbro might switch to Warrior/New Balance. (Not having a go or anything, just curious !)

Posted By: drog addict
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:20pm
I thought umbro had the contract sewn up for the next few hundred years. Does nb have to pay them off or is the contract only with yerself johnny?

-------------
Chips don't bounce

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 3:29pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard that as part of the deal Bryan Robson is to take over as manager as he is a New Balance ambassador.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 5:50pm

JACC is a subsiduary or sister company of Toplion though ? (Please correct me if I'm wrong). 

The current FAI shirt deal is with Toplion, ie Umbro's Irish licencee, not Umbro as in the English based, NY owned company ?? (again, please correct me if I'm wrong)

So, is this an entirely new deal with Toplion sports to provide shirts for the team (under whichever of their brands they feel are the best suited) after the previous one expired, or are Toplion merely changing shirt supplier under some contract clause which doesn't really affect the overall contract Toplion have with the FAI ??

I'm not going to ask ya reasons for the change as I'm sure those details might be commercially sensitive or whatever. 

And I'd like to be fair to johnnycee as well, maybe ye don't intend bringing out 5 or 6 new shirts in the next 12/15 months, maybe you could clarify that one, if ya think its a reasonable question. 

I like the current home jersey, some of the Umbro stuff in general though over the years was a bit hit & miss, the current range of likes of training tops or polo shirts is pretty uninspiring for example, maybe New Balance will provide a better range of stuff in those departments. 

-------------

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

As far as I know, it is not mandatory to buy every Irish jersey released for yourself or your kids!

Try telling that to your 10 year old son or daughter and see the look of disappointment on their faces, especially when their gimp of a friend has got one.

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Try telling that to your 10 year old son or daughter and see the look of disappointment on their faces, especially when their gimp of a friend has got one.

surely you have answered your own question ?

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
Absolutely, but I'm not going to tell my children what kids on the road they can and can't pal around with, we live in a cul-de-sac so they're all out together, good and bad.
They'll realise themselves over time that some kids are total idiots.
But in the meantime I'm not going to have some gimp whose nose is constantly oozing clear snot have one up on my kid.

Posted By: Lenny82
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 9:48pm

Absolutely, but I'm not going to tell my children what kids on the road they can and can't pal around with, we live in a cul-de-sac so they're all out together, good and bad.
But in the meantime I'm not going to have some gimp whose nose is constantly oozing clear snot have one up on my kid.

That's why kids today are spoilt rotten little sh*ts. Tom next door gets the new Man United kit so little Johnny has to have one. Whatever happened to telling your kids "No"?

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:40pm

That's why kids today are spoilt rotten little sh*ts. Tom next door gets the new Man United kit so little Johnny has to have one. Whatever happened to telling your kids "No"?

The priests used to preach to the masses that saying no to kids was a bad thing

-------------

Posted By: Il Principe
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:43am

johnny, is it ok for your company to profit from paying workers less than minimum wage?

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:01pm
What would interest me is, was this deal solely between TopLion (their brands) and the FAI or where other sportswear companies invited to hand in designs or financial offers.
If so who came forward with suggestions and what did they offer?? Why did the FAI go with NB....

Transparency and all that....FAI is transparent or not...nothing to hide

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Well, it shouldn't be too tricky to contact Nike Ireland, Adidas Ireland, Puma Ireland, etc etc etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 7:37pm
Very interesting piece from Paul Rowan in paper about the future kit arrangements for the FAI and the longevity of the soon to end Umbro deal.Nearly 24 continuous years with one brand is in the top 3 kit arrangements from any major nation.

People say we changed kits alot since 1994 but on average we have had the same number of new kits as any other association.

I said before about Ireland heading down the Wales route of the late 90s early 00s when they changed kit supplier every year for a number of years as the Welsh FA couldnt attract a major kit supplier.It will reflect badly if we are "changing kits" every year.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 7:40pm
Really hope they would go with Adidas. Would mean we might be able to see some proper retro shirts as part of the deal.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm

Really hope they would go with Adidas. Would mean we might be able to see some proper retro shirts as part of the deal.

The two biggest retro adidas kits id imagine people would want are the 1988 kit with the mesh sleeves and the 1990 kit with the chevron effect i think its called in fancy shirt language.I cant imagine a market would be there for say adidas to produce high quality retro shirts from that era as they would have to produce so many to make it cost effective while at the same time competing with their current "new" kit that would be on sale.

-------------

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:22pm
Is that our own JohnnyCee?

Interesting read

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
Never realised Toplion had the power to nominate the kit manufacturer. I wonder is that unusual. I've never heard of an arrangement like that before.

I'm not suggesting anything improper. I just wonder what the reason for it was, as opposed to the FAI dealing with Umbro directly.

-------------

Posted By: DUBLIN DOC
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm

Never realised Toplion had the power to nominate the kit manufacturer. I wonder is that unusual. I've never heard of an arrangement like that before.

I'm not suggesting anything improper. I just wonder what the reason for it was, as opposed to the FAI dealing with Umbro directly.
Only 2 men can answer that little cosy situation

-------------
When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:56pm

Seems like who ever negotiated the deal certainly was thinking ahead from the Toplion/umbro point of view to insert that clause.The FAI are guaranteed the money up til 2020 from Toplion so in 2010 the FAI were delighted to be getting €2.6 million a year and didn't think too much about that small point as prior to Umbro the last kit Deal was Adidas in 1990 and they only had one brand to offer whereas Toplion look to have a few they could use.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:35pm
Yeah, that probably explains it. A ten year deal for decent money: no reason for the FAI not to accept it.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:54pm
Toplion are/were Umbro's licencee for Ireland, something they no doubt paid a bit of cash to Umbro for in the first place. Would imagine that under it's agreement/licence with Umbro that all Umbro business in this country went through them, including the FAI's. Doubt the FAI would have had an option to deal with Umbro directly under that agreement, if they had sought to, Umbro would have redirected them to Toplion anyway. 

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
Bad times for everyone it seems. Not only are we moving to New Balance, France are switching to Macron.

-------------

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:53pm
So what happens with faishop.com?  Will it be selling New Balance gear from September onwards? Is that domain actually owned by the FAI or Umbro?

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

So what happens with faishop.com?  Will it be selling New Balance gear from September onwards? Is that domain actually owned by the FAI or Umbro?

I would assume that Toplion are in control of the retail side of "faishop.com".So even tho Umbro items will not be sold they already process New Balance orders thru their stock for existing high street retailers so faishop.com will just swap umbro out for new balance,re brand itself and go again.

If it happens once tho it could happen again i think is what Paul Rowan is saying in his article. So technically if Toplion can nominate their brand that the FAI have to wear ***i suppose we could see the Irish team wearing Umbro and New Balance in 2017-2018, Warrior 2018-19 and Kappa 2019-2020***

Thats why Rowan refers to consumers being angry at the FAI if it comes to pass that we have 4 different kit suppliers by 2020. Each with new home,away,third shirts. Then if a new contract is signed in 2020 there will be three more kits so we could have 15 new outfield kits in 4 years. I think i need a lie down!!!.

***Pure speculation on my part***

-------------

Posted By: Mulvanystrasse
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Bad times for everyone it seems. Not only are we moving to New Balance, France are switching to Macron.

A load of Bologna.

Posted By: Hickster74
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:09pm
New Balance, the multinational buzzword.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

-------------

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:32pm
Bad form changing mid qualification. When you buy a jersey you should be at least guaranteed the 'season' out of it.

Silver lining is a change for home jersey. I bought the home thinking it would grow on me ... but still cant take to it. Just manky.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Bad form changing mid qualification. When you buy a jersey you should be at least guaranteed the 'season' out of it.

Silver lining is a change for home jersey. I bought the home thinking it would grow on me ... but still cant take to it. Just manky.

Well I suppose if you are letting it grow on you

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 10:12pm

Well I suppose if you are letting it grow on you

LOL the great unwashed

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:17pm

You'd think so, but it's not unknown for Ireland to change kits mid-qualifying campaign. During qualifying for Japan/Korea 2002, Euro 2004, Euro 2012 for instance.

And for Mexico '86 qualifying, it was practically a new kit for every home match!

Posted By: Lodger
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:24pm
FAI online shop having a clear out of Umbro stock, 50% off everything.

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Pretty much confirms the New Balance deal

Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:53pm

Originally posted by Lodger Lodger wrote:

Pretty much confirms the New Balance deal

it was confirmed already by FAI though

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:00pm
Practically everything sold out.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net